Heroin leads to jail

May 1, 2010 Read more: Evening Sun 22
She once studied nuclear medicine, but according to statements she made at her sentencing, heroin led a York Springs woman to addiction, stealing from her grandfather and prison. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
larry

Hanover, PA

#1 May 1, 2010
she got nothing, all those deliveries and she got nothing. George put it to the rest of them and gave her nothing. Rest got 2-4 or even worse. BS
rodger

Hanover, PA

#2 May 1, 2010
I believe in earlier evening sun stories she had three or more counts against her and was a transporter for the big guys in this. She got off easy because she was a girl
Wow

Littlestown, PA

#3 May 1, 2010
How does the "GREAT" District Attorney in Adams County decide on the plea agreements he makes? The agreements are all over the place! Adams County is a joke. I know a guy who got charged with burglary in Adams County (He wasn't even at the house that got burglarized! He only knew the guy who did it and was charged with conspiracy!) He got 5 years 8 months in state prison! He didnít sell or traffic heroin that endangers our society and our children! Get a clue Shawn Wagner!!!!
A worried parent

Newville, PA

#4 May 1, 2010
I agree that the sentence may be a light one but a lot of things are considered when it comes to plea agreements..past criminal history included. I know first hand what heroin can do to someone. I am a parent who has dealt with its effects first hand..it turns the child that you raised, good kids who got mixed up in bad things, into someone that you no longer know or recognize. I also know that addiction is a disease and that these kids will fight this for the remainder of their lives. I don't belive that the amount of time someone sits in a jail cell will correct anything, not anything they have done or them themselves. Maybe instead of focusing on just how much time they get we should focus on getting them the proper drug treatment so that they can turn their life around and become productive citizens WITHOUT the use of Heroin. When you have experienced this first hand and you have watched a loved ones life spiral out of control..then maybe you will agree that whether male or female, young or old, these people need help..not jail!
lololololol

Hanover, PA

#5 May 1, 2010
A worried parent wrote:
I agree that the sentence may be a light one but a lot of things are considered when it comes to plea agreements..past criminal history included. I know first hand what heroin can do to someone. I am a parent who has dealt with its effects first hand..it turns the child that you raised, good kids who got mixed up in bad things, into someone that you no longer know or recognize. I also know that addiction is a disease and that these kids will fight this for the remainder of their lives. I don't belive that the amount of time someone sits in a jail cell will correct anything, not anything they have done or them themselves. Maybe instead of focusing on just how much time they get we should focus on getting them the proper drug treatment so that they can turn their life around and become productive citizens WITHOUT the use of Heroin. When you have experienced this first hand and you have watched a loved ones life spiral out of control..then maybe you will agree that whether male or female, young or old, these people need help..not jail!
No, they need jail not coddled. Jail is proper help and doubles as a detox. They push a drug that kills other people, they should get more than a slap on the wrist. Who cares what their life was like before, it was their bad decision making skills that led them to it. Just like any other crime. Should a murderer get off easy because they were good before and never did anything but made that choice? Yeah right!

I know for sure if it were a loved one of mine, I would be disgusted and exile them from my life at least for a good while. Heroin is a disgusting drug and I can't look at them as any better than a junkie loser, period. Loved one or not, they deserve all the punishment they get for messing around with such a dirty horrible drug. Who cares if "they were good kids" and "they're not who you raised", apparently their decision making skills were not good in the first place.

Let's get them help for screwing up that badly (with a drug that's proven to kill) instead of jail. Yeah right, you're out of your mind and I could see clearly why possibly a child of yours would be in that situation.
bigdeal

Hanover, PA

#6 May 1, 2010
A worried parent wrote:
I agree that the sentence may be a light one but a lot of things are considered when it comes to plea agreements..past criminal history included. I know first hand what heroin can do to someone. I am a parent who has dealt with its effects first hand..it turns the child that you raised, good kids who got mixed up in bad things, into someone that you no longer know or recognize. I also know that addiction is a disease and that these kids will fight this for the remainder of their lives. I don't belive that the amount of time someone sits in a jail cell will correct anything, not anything they have done or them themselves. Maybe instead of focusing on just how much time they get we should focus on getting them the proper drug treatment so that they can turn their life around and become productive citizens WITHOUT the use of Heroin. When you have experienced this first hand and you have watched a loved ones life spiral out of control..then maybe you will agree that whether male or female, young or old, these people need help..not jail!
You obviously are speaking from a position of having dealt with a very difficult problem. It is true that people have to be rehabilitated so they can move on from these mistakes, however, there has got to be a deterence factor. Otherwise, kids will think - gee I will have fun, screw up my life and some other peoples lives and then all will be well again. I know everyone says stiffer penalties will not necessarily stop someone, but if they are off the streets for awhile, maybe that will save someone else from going down the same path. They need help...and they need jail, not just one or the other.
lololololol

Hanover, PA

#7 May 1, 2010
A worried parent wrote:
I also know that addiction is a disease and that these kids will fight this for the remainder of their lives. I don't belive that the amount of time someone sits in a jail cell will correct anything, not anything they have done or them themselves.
People that call addiction a disease is also another way of giving another excuse for the weak will and minded. Give me a break. It needs to be cut off at the root and all the pushers need to be in jail. They can get dope sick there and get over it and hopefully they learned the lesson. If not, OD or spend life in jail. They're like any other criminal. They know damn well they shouldn't have done it in the first place. They know exactly what they're doing. It's not like you do it and it's all so mysterious as to how it happens. Then they're so strong for getting through it and turning their lives around, right? Heh, they shouldn't be awarded for living like normal people.
mike

Gettysburg, PA

#8 May 1, 2010
put her in jail
Mom of an addict

Hanover, PA

#9 May 1, 2010
People who do not know the power of this drug have no business commenting on those who have fallen.
Mom of an addict

Hanover, PA

#10 May 1, 2010
"I know for sure if it were a loved one of mine, I would be disgusted and exile them from my life at least for a good while."

I did this!!! I threw my son out of the house in The dead of winter! At times I would get up in the morning for work and he would be asleep on the back porch with snow on him. That crap kept him from a normal life for along time. He is now in jail because of it. Jail saved his life and I am glad he is there. Now I do not know how things will be when he gets out (Been away for awhile) but do know he will NOT be staying here if he returns to that way of life. I love him because he is my son but I do not like him when it comes to that.
been there done that

Hanover, PA

#11 May 1, 2010
Mom of an addict wrote:
"I know for sure if it were a loved one of mine, I would be disgusted and exile them from my life at least for a good while."
I did this!!! I threw my son out of the house in The dead of winter! At times I would get up in the morning for work and he would be asleep on the back porch with snow on him. That crap kept him from a normal life for along time. He is now in jail because of it. Jail saved his life and I am glad he is there. Now I do not know how things will be when he gets out (Been away for awhile) but do know he will NOT be staying here if he returns to that way of life. I love him because he is my son but I do not like him when it comes to that.
You are not alone. A lot of good families have been hit hard because of their kids terrible choices. Best of luck to you.
Slutbutt

Hanover, PA

#16 May 1, 2010
partial confinement??? WTF is THAT! Oh yea,"Under a plea agreement" ANYTHING is possible....
Yeah Right

Hanover, PA

#17 May 1, 2010
A worried parent wrote:
I agree that the sentence may be a light one but a lot of things are considered when it comes to plea agreements..past criminal history included. I know first hand what heroin can do to someone. I am a parent who has dealt with its effects first hand..it turns the child that you raised, good kids who got mixed up in bad things, into someone that you no longer know or recognize. I also know that addiction is a disease and that these kids will fight this for the remainder of their lives. I don't belive that the amount of time someone sits in a jail cell will correct anything, not anything they have done or them themselves. Maybe instead of focusing on just how much time they get we should focus on getting them the proper drug treatment so that they can turn their life around and become productive citizens WITHOUT the use of Heroin. When you have experienced this first hand and you have watched a loved ones life spiral out of control..then maybe you will agree that whether male or female, young or old, these people need help..not jail!
Oh and you want to tell people not to put these kids in jail but instead put them in rehab! Well you are the parent, Where were you??
I am sure there were numerous red flags for you...
They started hanging out with drug users and dealers and YOU allowed it!
They started skipping school or didn't show up for things when they said they would, and did YOU question that!
They had no money to buy nice things like clothing or car parts, didn't this make YOU wonder where their money was going!
They didn't want to or couldn't hang around the family for 1/2 a day on the weekends, because they had to meet people, and YOU didn't know why!
And many many more red flags!
So I ask you again...Where were YOU?
If you as a parent don't put them in rehab, then don't expect us as a society to. I say put them in jail for a length of time that would allow them to dry out!
justme

Hanover, PA

#20 May 1, 2010
she deserves a much longer prison sentence to help her learn the lesson. She made the choice to do what she did, she knew it was wrong. She says she wasn't thinking right, DUH, she wasn't thinking at all, she was only interested in the heroin. LOCK HER UP at MUNCY.
Shube

United States

#22 May 1, 2010
Mom of an addict wrote:
People who do not know the power of this drug have no business commenting on those who have fallen.
You have no business making this comment. Since we taxpayers are the ones shouldering the cost of all the mess these addicts make, we have EVERY right to make comments. They chose to use this drug, nobody forced them, quit looking for someone else to blame it on.
an addicts mom

Shippensburg, PA

#23 May 2, 2010
rodger wrote:
I believe in earlier evening sun stories she had three or more counts against her and was a transporter for the big guys in this. She got off easy because she was a girl
Earlier stories in the evening sin were not correct. They can't even get her age right what makes you think you are getting the correct story!
YORK SPRINGS MOM

Shippensburg, PA

#25 May 2, 2010
Big PR wrote:
People are so naive they believe anything, lol. Seriously though, the justice needs to punish women the same as men, if not more- because they really are a root of the bad behavior in men.<quoted text>
i am starting to think you need a little help with your anger against women. You have no idea who Brittany is or what her family is like. I was not a spoiled young girl with no hardship in my life and neither was she. She is a young lady who made a few wrong decisions and is now paying the price. Also the evening sun articles were not correct for her story as they are for a lot of others ones but no one ever knows that.
YORK SPRINGS MOM

Shippensburg, PA

#26 May 2, 2010
I can't believe someone could actually ask where were the parents. First of all there is no way any parent can be with there child 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Once they are over the age of 18 you can't just walk them in to a rehab. They have to want to go. You can call every agency in the yellow pages and they will tell you they either have to od or be arrested for you to do anything for them. So we wait for them to reach rock bottom and try to help pick up the pieces.
Wow

Hanover, PA

#27 May 2, 2010
Yeah Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and you want to tell people not to put these kids in jail but instead put them in rehab! Well you are the parent, Where were you??
I am sure there were numerous red flags for you...
They started hanging out with drug users and dealers and YOU allowed it!
They started skipping school or didn't show up for things when they said they would, and did YOU question that!
They had no money to buy nice things like clothing or car parts, didn't this make YOU wonder where their money was going!
They didn't want to or couldn't hang around the family for 1/2 a day on the weekends, because they had to meet people, and YOU didn't know why!
And many many more red flags!
So I ask you again...Where were YOU?
If you as a parent don't put them in rehab, then don't expect us as a society to. I say put them in jail for a length of time that would allow them to dry out!
Your final conclusion is spot on. But your faulting the parents is way to generalized. As a parent of an addict I can tell you, the signs, any sign are not always there. So although I'm sure you felt empowered by your post, and most likely keep reading it over and over to "prove" you really are better than others. You have no idea what your talking about you f@#king idiot. I have met people just like you, with your kind of attitude. All I can say is "WOW" you are really f@#ked up.
YORK SPRINGS MOM

Shippensburg, PA

#28 May 2, 2010
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your final conclusion is spot on. But your faulting the parents is way to generalized. As a parent of an addict I can tell you, the signs, any sign are not always there. So although I'm sure you felt empowered by your post, and most likely keep reading it over and over to "prove" you really are better than others. You have no idea what your talking about you f@#king idiot. I have met people just like you, with your kind of attitude. All I can say is "WOW" you are really f@#ked up.
I couldn't have said it any better

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

York Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Apr 2 Brenda 42
Cumberland Valley Farms ??? (Oct '08) Feb '15 rkmiceli 5
News Man wanted in connection with a sexual assault ... Nov '14 Crystal Ball 1
News Trick-or-treat nights set for York County areas (Oct '08) Nov '14 Batman 54
News Brian C. McCauslin Courtesy: Somerset County Pr... (Jun '11) Oct '14 bleuone 23
News Area Trick-or-Treat nights set (Oct '10) Oct '14 Anonymous 39
News Adams County man charged with sexually assaulti... Oct '14 Just a thought 4
More from around the web

York Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]