Meetings set to explore proposed kind...

Meetings set to explore proposed kindergarten changes

There are 5 comments on the Evening Sun story from Mar 10, 2011, titled Meetings set to explore proposed kindergarten changes. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Parents of next year's crop of Bermudian Springs kindergartners will be able to learn more about the district's proposal for full-day classes at a meeting next week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Johnny

Martindale, PA

#1 Mar 11, 2011
Thank You Mr. Stroup for the decsion to move to a full day kindergarden. It is well documented that a full day program provides a better educational foundation. Now if the High School and Middle school could advance forward in providing greater opportunities for the students, Bermudian might once again become an educational leader.
Resident

Dillsburg, PA

#2 Mar 11, 2011
Can we afford it? The state is cutting support. I and others are already over taxed. The other thing is, what happened to our society? Are you telling us, the parents of today's children are incapable of raising a child past the age of 4? We had kids and we made a decision that my wife would be a stay at home mother providing them a nuturing enviroment while providing them the basis which readied them for school.
Douglas Brecht

York, PA

#3 Mar 11, 2011
Resident wrote:
Can we afford it? The state is cutting support. I and others are already over taxed. The other thing is, what happened to our society? Are you telling us, the parents of today's children are incapable of raising a child past the age of 4? We had kids and we made a decision that my wife would be a stay at home mother providing them a nuturing enviroment while providing them the basis which readied them for school.
It must be nice to be over taxed and still your wife can stay home with your child, for the rest of us 2 job families we will enjoy the time to make the income to put clothes on the backs of our children while still trying to teach as we do with the time and income we have this is a great idea and they will find the money if its taxes it will balance out with our employment like it always does good luck with that stay home thing how long will it last with the economy right now and the future ..
Ray

Gettysburg, PA

#4 Mar 11, 2011
To bad you two job families can not so no to all the extras that make you both have to work. Living modestly and investing in your children should be more important than all the toys you need. It is a fact that most second job cost more that you make.( Fuel,clothing, insurance, meals, and all the incidentals.
Douglas Brecht

York, PA

#5 Mar 12, 2011
Ray wrote:
To bad you two job families can not so no to all the extras that make you both have to work. Living modestly and investing in your children should be more important than all the toys you need. It is a fact that most second job cost more that you make.( Fuel,clothing, insurance, meals, and all the incidentals.

Ok point taken but the toys that you are referring to are not needs like taking the family bowling $60.00 minimum or maybe a movie 36.00 or maybe the smithsonian for culture and history 102.00 for 5 an Boy scouts and girl scouts so maybe it isn't that simple oh and lets pay 517.00 month for family insurance oh and try for volunteer time at the fire dept an spca to teach kids a valuable lesson in helping others are these toys no they are life experiences that they need to see here and understand and most of them are expensive but do we want educated boring children that at most can operate a DS or game system and play sports in school but cant balance lives or concealed to outside experiences ..Remember free is not what it used to be and without that second job there is no fun and that and education is what makes kids turn into progressive adults. At least this is what I see My parents struggled in the 70s raising just me now I am helping to raise 3 big difference but same struggle..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

York Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Apr 20 Shannon Callison 122
locators Dec '17 Honest Abe 2
News Old Fire Farts Muster in Manchester Twp. (Oct '17) Oct '17 Elect Balliet 4
News Area Trick-or-Treat nights set (Oct '10) Oct '17 JT100uk 40
News Aspers teen denied bail in stabbing case (Oct '06) Oct '17 The good guy 24
Mark Leer (Sep '17) Sep '17 Ford Mercury 1
News Man charged with raping girl (Jul '17) Aug '17 Fitius T Bluster 6

York Springs Jobs

Personal Finance

York Springs Mortgages