State shuts down York Springs assiste...

State shuts down York Springs assisted living facility

There are 83 comments on the Evening Sun story from Oct 16, 2009, titled State shuts down York Springs assisted living facility. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Betty Jones, a resident of Whispering Pines Assisted Living, leaves her former home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
lil mouse

New Bloomfield, PA

#81 Mar 29, 2010
everyone needs to keep out of everyones buisness. i feel they lost to much and everyone needs to let them the hell alone. i worked for phil and he is a good guy, everyone does't know that so let them alone.
York Springs- PA

Everett, PA

#82 Jun 20, 2010
I am a former employee of whispering pines, and I am Glad to see the place shut down... I walkd out after they wanted me to stay there and care for all the residents BY MYSELF at the age of 20. Which included passing meds and giving insulin shots.. Umm ILLEGAL, come on that was the best thing for the residents!
borough resident

Gettysburg, PA

#83 Jun 21, 2010
daughter wrote:
Whispering Pines residents loved living at Whispering Pines. My mother lived there for several years and wanted to stay there. My husband and I loved the place too. It was clean, they offered good food and great entertainment. They had very caring employees who treated the residents with love and respect. I have nothing bad to say about the owners either, they are very nice people who treated my mother and other residents like their own family.
Yesterday my mother was moved to a place I donít approve of and we will be looking for another place for her. The State didnít take our opinion into consideration. It is true, the residents were confused and upset, many of them cried, some of them couldnít even say anything and the state did not even try to comfort these people and help them through this difficult process. The residents were not treated like people, they were treated like trash!
I talked to the owners of Whispering Pines and their intention is to fight this. We will support them .We asked them to call us as soon as they reopen the place. We want our mom to return to Whispering Pines. It is her home and she wants to spend the rest of her life there.
I don't know the residents., I don't know the owner of the nursing home.

But I do know the cop that this idiot (the owner) tried to say was harrassing her sexually and it is impossible and stupid. This never happened so it points to the fact that the owners are lieing about ALOT of things. I wouldn't believe a word they said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

York Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark Leer Sep 6 Ford Mercury 1
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Aug '17 Michael S 113
News Man charged with raping girl Aug '17 Fitius T Bluster 6
News Cracking down on 'illegal immigration,' not a v... Jul '17 spytheweb 1
News Aspers Fire Co. dropped (Oct '10) Jul '17 Lil 83
News Aspers teen denied bail in stabbing case (Oct '06) May '17 robin watson 23
News Adams County woman charged in fatal shooting of... Apr '17 Jitterbug 1

York Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance