Towing bill looks to give car owners ...

Towing bill looks to give car owners more rights

There are 27 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Jul 15, 2010, titled Towing bill looks to give car owners more rights. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

The Rev. Patrick Rooney doesn't frequently get involved in politics, but this time it's personal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
David

Manchester, PA

#1 Jul 15, 2010
Legal, licensed thievery with much money hidden from IRS taxation since they demand cash only to retrieve a vehicle. The owners have to either live in luxury or support a really big drug habit. Worse than used car salesmen in society's ranking of scum.
Common Sense Soldier

York, PA

#2 Jul 15, 2010
Someday, when Intown Motors tows the wrong person's car, Smith & Wesson just may show up at their door looking for it.
Bee

United States

#3 Jul 15, 2010
Of COURSE they want to change the law now that a CHURCH was affected!!! Stupid, stupid, stupid! You're not special just because you're in church, fools. You're still breaking the damn law. Church doesn't excuse you from your criminal behavior. Should have been charged double the fee because they admitted they've been doing it for some time!! Ignorance of the law doesn't excuse you from the consequences of breaking the law!
PeteB

AOL

#4 Jul 15, 2010
if you think it is bad here - watch the TV show 'Parking Wars" filmed mostly in Philly. The city of Philadelpia makes $57 million dollars a year in parking fines and towing fees!! Maybe the city of York should invest in a couple tow trucks
john doe 000069

York, PA

#5 Jul 15, 2010
Bee wrote:
Of COURSE they want to change the law now that a CHURCH was affected!!! Stupid, stupid, stupid! You're not special just because you're in church, fools. You're still breaking the damn law. Church doesn't excuse you from your criminal behavior. Should have been charged double the fee because they admitted they've been doing it for some time!! Ignorance of the law doesn't excuse you from the consequences of breaking the law!
Do you have crap for brains? Did you read what happened during Easter services? Inntown motors needs to be shut down. How are the church members suppose to know the arrangments made by the church? The people that run inntown motors are crooks plain and simple. They will steal your vehicle and if you try to get the vehicle back they will say they are closed to pad the bill. I know someone that allowed a so called friend to use their vehicle. The so called friend never returned the vehicle. The person called the police. Several days later Inntown motors illegaly towed his vehicle. He had to pay about $300 to get his vehicle back. I really feel the IRS needs to go after these crooked tow truck operations. I just can't wait untill those crooks at Inntown motors steals the wrong vehicle. It would just be lovely to see a bunch of drug dealers go to inntown motors to get their vehicle back and put a beat down on the crooks there.
yorkbred

Pleasantville, OH

#6 Jul 15, 2010
The posting of costs at the storage facility, I think, it should be posted at the site that car can be towed. I.E.
Name of towing company
location of company
feesfor vehicles.
These are on the signs in many major cities that I travel to.

Also I think that no storage fees should not be charged during the first 24 hrs, With fees not allowed over the weekend or holiday that theat towing facility is closed.
Another words if towed on saturday, no fees till monday etc.

Also the intowne motors have (spotters) that look for cars needed to be towed, like at the the little mall @Duke st and N.Queen st.
Tom

Etters, PA

#7 Jul 15, 2010
Bee wrote:
You call that criminal behavior? You must work for one of criminal enterprises. There's an a-hole towing outfit in the Red Lion area that tows vehicles at Dairyland square. I'm waitin for the day somebody cracks him across the skull. He is definitely a predator and a filthy thief. Another implant Baltimoran.

Since: Jul 10

York, PA

#8 Jul 16, 2010
People need to read the signs that are posted in the parking lots. If it says NO PARKING after hours you will be towed at your expence. DON'T PARK THERE.
the truth

Stewartstown, PA

#9 Jul 16, 2010
john doe 000069 wrote:
People need to read the signs that are posted in the parking lots. If it says NO PARKING after hours you will be towed at your expence. DON'T PARK THERE.
jon doe???? yeah more like gay toby from intown motors your gonna tow the wrong car one day coke head snitch!!!!
Concerned Citizen

District Heights, MD

#10 Jul 16, 2010
Are they going to call this the intown motors bill?
sammit

York, PA

#11 Jul 16, 2010
PeteB wrote:
if you think it is bad here - watch the TV show 'Parking Wars" filmed mostly in Philly. The city of Philadelpia makes $57 million dollars a year in parking fines and towing fees!! Maybe the city of York should invest in a couple tow trucks
Phila. is known for it's bogus parking ticket letters. They do a mass mailing of these letters to people on this list(I have no idea how they get it) and say you have an unpaid parking ticket for $XX. Some people actually pay these things. That is one of the ways Phila. makes its $57 million.

This scam has been around since the 1960's.

I think In Town Motors owners were trained in the Phila.
IMHO
john doe 000069

York, PA

#12 Jul 16, 2010
john doe 000069 wrote:
Hey retarded poser stop using my screen name.
frustrated parker

Harrisburg, PA

#13 Jul 16, 2010
I have to agree this situation needs to stop. I know many people who have been towed when their car was only somewhere 10-15 minutes, and they were in a business. I don't know how much they pay people who go arround and call the tow truck but it must be an aweful lot, and they should be ashamed of themselves. It needs to be posted clearly that it is monitored, where it is being towed and how much it will cost. If you are in a business or parked aways from where you are going like people who don't want their new car banged up.
I hope this bill passes and someone makes them stop sending spotters out when you have only been in some where for a short time. Personally I will not go to anywhere that has these signs posted. Where is the world going to when someome has to
make money off people who are parked somewhere and not bothering anyone? No I have never been towed. I suggest we all call our representatives to get this bill passed.

Since: Jul 10

York, PA

#14 Jul 16, 2010
john doe 000069 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey retarded poser stop using my screen name.
You stop using my REGISTERD NAME. Hell you keep changing your name on every post.
Bill

York, PA

#15 Jul 16, 2010
1.Every Business has a RIGHT to keep people out of their parking lots after business hours.

2.Business do this for several reasons like to make sure the spaces are there for employees in the morning, customers during the day.

3.If the signs are posted and you park there you deserve to be towed.

4.Yes the signs should give more information than what they do now.
john doe 000069

New Freedom, PA

#16 Jul 16, 2010
Just how do we know who the real john doe is?????
Jethro Bodine

Harrisburg, PA

#17 Jul 16, 2010
These towers as a group are theves. Those in york, are the scum of the earth.
john doe 000069

York, PA

#18 Jul 16, 2010
john doe 000069 wrote:
Just how do we know who the real john doe is?????
Ask topix they know I am the original. The other one is a poser.
john doe 000069

York, PA

#19 Jul 16, 2010
Bill wrote:
1.Every Business has a RIGHT to keep people out of their parking lots after business hours.
2.Business do this for several reasons like to make sure the spaces are there for employees in the morning, customers during the day.
3.If the signs are posted and you park there you deserve to be towed.
4.Yes the signs should give more information than what they do now.
Do you know that those crooks at inntown motors try to place their signs anywhere without the owners permission. There was a business that owned a camera shop I think that took inntown motors to court and won most of his case. Inntown also tries to steal vehicles from private property. I know a person they were trying to tow. He called the cops and the cops told inntown to leave or be arrested for tresspassing.
Bill

York, PA

#20 Jul 16, 2010
john doe 000069 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know that those crooks at inntown motors try to place their signs anywhere without the owners permission. There was a business that owned a camera shop I think that took inntown motors to court and won most of his case. Inntown also tries to steal vehicles from private property. I know a person they were trying to tow. He called the cops and the cops told inntown to leave or be arrested for tresspassing.
Hey BUMBASS I answered that question to you in a previous post on the original article. InTown also fixed it once they were notified about it. It was the DUMBASS that put the signs up messed up when he was counting the spaces that were supposed to be marked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Crews cleaning up graffiti at York's Farquhar Park (Nov '09) Aug 25 Beepboop 10
News Sinhue Johnson's fight over his family shows ch... (Jan '15) Aug 20 fish 60
Donovan Rhule Wanted By Northeastern Regional D... Aug 13 Anonymous Pennsyl... 1
News Unknown woman's body found near Philly tracks (Oct '09) Aug 10 L Morales 12
Anyone have info on convicted pedophile and dru... Aug 8 shuffle 1
News Police investigate early morning shooting in York (May '10) Aug 7 Johnasya gentry 357
News Lawyer: School that blocked gay speech didn't d... Jul '15 Wondering 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

York Mortgages