New bill could end helmetless driving...

New bill could end helmetless driving on motorcycles

There are 87 comments on the York Dispatch story from May 24, 2011, titled New bill could end helmetless driving on motorcycles. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

Even though he doesn't have to keep his helmet on when he crosses the Mason-Dixon Line into Pennsylvania, Dwayne Gorman does.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
B Keller

York, PA

#1 May 24, 2011
Come on Mr. Frankel don't you have better things to do than to re-hash something that has to do with personal liberties? This bill was th only bill that our previous govenor signed that I agreed with. I wear a helment but it is my choice. This is not the goverments place to make live and death descisions for us.
WTF

Chicago, IL

#2 May 24, 2011
It's about freaking time!!
ouch

Chicago, IL

#3 May 24, 2011
They can choose when they can prove they can pay the medical bills. Why should we have to pay?
George

Washington, DC

#4 May 24, 2011
B Keller wrote:
Come on Mr. Frankel don't you have better things to do than to re-hash something that has to do with personal liberties? This bill was th only bill that our previous govenor signed that I agreed with. I wear a helment but it is my choice. This is not the goverments place to make live and death descisions for us.
Then pay for the consequences yourself!

“"two wings of the same bird"”

Since: May 09

Home..... is where the ammo is

#5 May 24, 2011
Seems to me that is good for one would be good for all. Cars travel as fast as and share the same roads as motorcycles. I believe any law should apply to ALL motor vehicles....or none.

“"two wings of the same bird"”

Since: May 09

Home..... is where the ammo is

#6 May 24, 2011
And a fact to consider, most motorcycle accidents are CAUSED by cars! If cell phones were somehow disabled upon entry to a car, many more lives would be saved than by enacting more laws to make people protect themselves against irresponsible drivers with stupid excuses of why they caused a motorcycle to crash!
Happy Go Lucky

Cape Coral, FL

#7 May 24, 2011
Shut up and put the damn helmets back on maybe you'll have the chance to thank us later for making this law stick .... If you choose not to wear it then I hope they fine the hell out of you and triple your insurance......
Starrmann

Alexandria, VA

#8 May 24, 2011
Happy Go Lucky wrote:
Shut up and put the damn helmets back on maybe you'll have the chance to thank us later for making this law stick .... If you choose not to wear it then I hope they fine the hell out of you and triple your insurance......
What he said
Franchesca

AOL

#9 May 24, 2011
ouch wrote:
They can choose when they can prove they can pay the medical bills. Why should we have to pay?
Nice thought however, when you pass a person riding without a helmet, how do you know he has enough insurance? Or, is he/she insured by 1-800 safe auto minimum coverage of five thousand bucks in medical benefits? Since you can't drive down the road and be able to spot the helmetless rider with five thousand in coverage or the one with the million dollar policy. WHy not make every motorcycle rider in the state of PA carry the same amount of coverage of a million dollars in medical benefits.
Nice Try

Winnsboro, SC

#10 May 24, 2011
HADENOUGH LEHIGH VALLEY wrote:
Seems to me that is good for one would be good for all. Cars travel as fast as and share the same roads as motorcycles. I believe any law should apply to ALL motor vehicles....or none.
Brilliant idea. And I'll back you up on that concept. Just as soon as bikes are totally encased in metal, and have seat belts & airbags.
York Biker

Harrisburg, PA

#11 May 24, 2011
If it really is about safety and concern over medical expenses being absorbed by the general public, let's consider the following:

More seniors over the age of 70 years old are injured each year from falls in the tube/shower than injured on bikes (with or without helmets).

Let's pass a law requiring anyone over the age of 70 to wear a helmet while showering or bathing. Or, let them show proof of medical insurance that they can cover their medial emergency bills if they fall.

To repeat one of the above Liberal's comments: "Why should we pay??"

Now, were else can we get the government to intrude on our personal lives???
Jay

Slatington, PA

#12 May 24, 2011
I'm a rider.. I wear a helmet.. The reality of a motorcycle crash is this,more often than not, a helmet is only going to keep you from messing up your hair when you crash... Most riders die from blunt force trauma to the body...
any

Dover, PA

#13 May 24, 2011
As normal you clowns don't understand the government we live under. We are SOOOOO stupid!!!!

Since: Sep 08

Carlisle PA

#14 May 24, 2011
I don't care if they die with or without helmets, just get it done.
lindsey

United States

#15 May 24, 2011
if I am required by law to wear a seat belt then people riding motorcycles should be required to wear a helmet in my opinion.
JackT

Wilmington, DE

#16 May 24, 2011
Say no to helmets, we need more organ donors for the people in cars who are forced to wear their seat belts.
commie

York, PA

#17 May 24, 2011
if in a two ton enclosed vehicle I must wear a seat belt, these dopes should have to wear a helmet.
York Biker

Harrisburg, PA

#18 May 24, 2011
lindsey wrote:
if I am required by law to wear a seat belt then people riding motorcycles should be required to wear a helmet in my opinion.
Oldest shallow argument out there.

You forgot to say "if I am required by law to wear a seat belt, then kids riding in school buses should be required to wear a helmet in my opinion."

Since: Sep 08

Carlisle PA

#19 May 24, 2011
York Biker wrote:
<quoted text>
Oldest shallow argument out there.
You forgot to say "if I am required by law to wear a seat belt, then kids riding in school buses should be required to wear a helmet in my opinion."
Well maybe on the short bus.
Football fan

York, PA

#20 May 24, 2011
If you wish to make the choice to not wear a helmet then it should be law that what bills your insurance does not cover is covered by your mourning family members. Choice has consequences!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News York victims of sexual assault struggle for peace (Apr '13) Jan 23 Malachi Sawyer 2
News Chief: Ofc. Bryn Lindmuth charged in domestic d... Jan '17 Haha 1
News Lost Civil War gold in Pennsylvania woods? (Mar '08) Jan '17 Hickey 33
News Did colonial courthouse windows end up in the D... Jan '17 Gofigure 1
News PSP trooper charged with DUI, was Troop H spoke... Dec '16 bubba navy 3
News York City schools police officers to wear body ... Dec '16 Gofigure 1
News Former cop gets 5-10 years for shooting romantica Nov '16 YorkCityPricksand... 1

York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

York Mortgages