York City takes aim at 'predatory' towing

Full story: The York Daily Record

A proposal that would restrict towing in York hasn't moved beyond an introduction before York City Council, but it's already causing a stir with owners and employees of towing companies that do business in the city.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of72
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
city resident

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

If you park in the wrong spot at the wrong time you get towed! Plain and simple. If you have any common sense at all you know when to park and when not to. BTW parking isn't keeping people out of the city...the residents are. York is a DUMP!!!
yeh well

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

First thing I want to say is I have never been towed in York or by one of these companys so there is no prejudice. But I have done business in York for many years and this Intowne Motors are predators who are using towing to steal from people! His comment that he is just trying to run a business is bull! The best thing York could do is run scum like them out of town! They give York a bad name!
Mr Final Word

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

I quit coming into the city because of this predatory towing racket that has been going on. It surprizes me that the city allowed this happen in the first place. To whomever proposed this law..THANK YOU! What is the sense in allowing a single private, for profit (big profit) company to drive people and revenue out of your alread financially suffering city? Makes no sense at all..
Coach Beaver

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

Mr Final Word wrote:
I quit coming into the city because of this predatory towing racket that has been going on. It surprizes me that the city allowed this happen in the first place. To whomever proposed this law..THANK YOU! What is the sense in allowing a single private, for profit (big profit) company to drive people and revenue out of your alread financially suffering city? Makes no sense at all..
How about parking somewhere legal or can't u read the signs?
NNN

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

Any car that I know of that was towed, was parked illegally. People don't read signs, and just because you are going to church does not excuse you.
Too Old for This School

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

NNN wrote:
Any car that I know of that was towed, was parked illegally. People don't read signs, and just because you are going to church does not excuse you.
You can be legally parked and still have your car towed. People have been towed from their place of employment while they were working. No defense can be made of the predatory practices of one company.
mbs123

Dillsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

Too Old for This School wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be legally parked and still have your car towed. People have been towed from their place of employment while they were working. No defense can be made of the predatory practices of one company.
That right inntown motors are a bunch of creapy thieves. And you can't fight them they got your vehickle behind a locked fence. If you want your car out from behind those locked gates you have to pay them. If you don't they charge additional daily fees. What should happen is to have someone not involved with the towing Co. or the property owners come out and look at the situation . Any towing without their approval should result in theft charges. Someday they'll tow someone realy down on their luck and they'll get killed.
could always

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

be worse. eight tow truck principles indicted in Philly (Saturday's Inquirer) for towing cars and taking them directly to scrap yards for the $$$. Yikes!
Say no to baby Factories

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

Coach Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
How about parking somewhere legal or can't u read the signs?
When the signs are posted illegally how do you know which are or are not legal? In Towne has been busted for putting signs up and towing people without the property owners permissiion. Is your memory so short that you do not remember them towing a car and the owner of the car was the owner of the lot? He took them to court and won. This tells me that In Towne is a shady operation and needs to be dealt with.
voice of reason

Red Lion, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

Kudos to Mr. Nixon for getting this practice out in the open in a big way. Intowne is a criminal enterprise, and they have towed legally parked vehicles!
BALD HILLER

Mount Wolf, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

I quit coming to York long before those In Towne
nuts.
city girl

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

So what was the 20 grand used for that Darrah paid to the city in towing fees???? Is it accounted for?
towed

Dover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

Toby Johnson is nothing but a crook always has been since he would steal hubcaps in high school ! Now he has developed to Money laundering and selling cocaine on the side his so called towing business is just cover up for his illegal activities he and his company are all crooked !!
lookup

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

it's about time!!! intown motors and darrah's enjoy doing this. i remember when i was in an accident and darrahs towed my car they went thru my car and stole my things you scums i was hurt in that accident and when i went to your manager he didnt even apoligize and he told me they are not responsible for stolen items. stop your crying you got rich off us hard working people!!!! YOU PREDATORS! TO MR NIXON THANK YOU!!!! JOB WELL DONE
My City

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

Intowne Motors has been a rip off for at least 7 years. They will tow people from parking lots of businesses that are not even open. Then they want to charge people a ridiculous fee. There have been several people who have broken into Intowne and took their vehicles back. Kudos to them. Intowne down make it bad for towing companies that do a good job and do not rip people off. United Tire is a good company that are not selfish nor or they nasty to people. Intowne will also charge people if, the person comes to move their vehicle. They will charge them with this so called hook up fee. I think that they need to be fined at least $500.00 per vehicle. Unfortunately, the police do not have time to police Intowne Motors because of all the other crime happening in our lovely city. (sarcastic)
yeh well

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

NNN wrote:
That does not give you the right to rape someone! The problem is not with the people being towed for parking illegal! The problem is that you take advantage of them and charge them many times the going rate and make them leave their car there for days and pay storage! You also just prowel around looking for someone to take advantage of! Why do you not take any payment but cash? This is called a pocket shot!
Towbar

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

if i get laid off from my towing job i am moving
to ohio. there gas is only 1.45 a gallon.
Dave

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

city resident wrote:
If you park in the wrong spot at the wrong time you get towed! Plain and simple. If you have any common sense at all you know when to park and when not to. BTW parking isn't keeping people out of the city...the residents are. York is a DUMP!!!
That is unless you're a delivery driver having breakfast or lunch downtown. Then you can double park, feed your face and absolutely nothing happens. But if you're a senior citizen, totally confused by ridiculous verbage on the signs, you're fined $150.00 and your car is towed away. It's no wonder few people shop in the city anymore. You've driven us all away.
Dave

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

All I can add is:

WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!

Since: Dec 07

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

What don't parking violators understand about paying for the privilege to park? You either do it and comply or you are a violator-- no exceptions and no free grace period. Opposition to the towing services impresses me as a bunch of whining urban criminals who simply can't follow the rules and try to blame it on the enforcers. F[ornicate]'em!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of72
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the York Forum right now

Search the York Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 2 hr Reality 51,255
Legalize chickens in York? Thu lady 3
York woman charged with Social Security fraud Wed lady 7
Review: Midtown Hair Co (Sep '11) Wed Kerri G 5
Grocery bills on the rise in York County Apr 15 lady 1
York County sheriffs nab 19 in recent warrant s... Apr 13 lady 4
Quarter auctions' illegality takes people by su... (Dec '10) Apr 13 connie 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

York Jobs

•••