Police: Woman went to Atlantic City, ...

Police: Woman went to Atlantic City, left 3 kids home alone

There are 157 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Mar 14, 2011, titled Police: Woman went to Atlantic City, left 3 kids home alone. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Police are looking for Tammy White, of North York. Police are looking for a North York woman they say left her children home alone for several days while she went to Atlantic City.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Jan 08

York

#147 Mar 18, 2011
the twelve year old wrote:
<quoted text> okay yeah sure i aggree with that but i think that u should also do something with ur life and stop putting ur nose into other ppls problems
One day you will understand why people are "putting their noses" in your business. It's called It Takes a Village to Raise a Child. If your mother isn't up to the task, it is up to other adults to make sure you, and your siblings, are safe. As a community we can not stand for children raising themselves. I see this kind of thing every day. As a person who can't have children, I think it is very selfish of a person, who is lucky enough to have kids, to not raise them properly. It makes me very sad.
dustbunnie

Lancaster, PA

#148 Mar 18, 2011
OK i really think this has gotten out of hand! some not all of you are being completely cruel and slinging sh*t talk to a TWELVE year old child. You should be ashamed of yourselves.what child wouldnt be upset to hear things said about their parent,and try to defend them. Really how do you think going back and forth with cruel comments with this child makes you look?
Now I suggest everyone take a step back and gather whats left of your dignity and compose yourselves like the adults your suppose to be!
I THINK WE CAN ALL AGREE THAT:1} we are concerned for the safety of the children.2} that childrens youth services needs to step in and do their JOB.
But lets stop the sh*t talk to this child PLEASE!
remember she is the victim here not the villain
dustbunnie

Lancaster, PA

#149 Mar 18, 2011
York Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
One day you will understand why people are "putting their noses" in your business. It's called It Takes a Village to Raise a Child. If your mother isn't up to the task, it is up to other adults to make sure you, and your siblings, are safe. As a community we can not stand for children raising themselves. I see this kind of thing every day. As a person who can't have children, I think it is very selfish of a person, who is lucky enough to have kids, to not raise them properly. It makes me very sad.
well said,I agree 100%
outta-here

York, PA

#150 Mar 18, 2011
Pablo wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it neglect? The story did not mention anything about the children's health. For all we know they had food, water, shelter, heat, telephone, etc.
If the children had all that then they are more better off the half of the children in the world.
McD's takes food stamps don't they????? I sure these children had lots of food and drink thanks to public assistance.........
No Way

New Park, PA

#151 Mar 19, 2011
dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
A twelve year old babysitting for a few hours sure, but this woman left her kids alone for several days. BIG difference.
I would NEVER trust a 12 year old to babysit my kids even for one hour. Most 16 year olds are not even responsible enough.
Darnelle Smiff

Shrewsbury, PA

#152 Mar 19, 2011
outta-here wrote:
<quoted text>
McD's takes food stamps don't they????? I sure these children had lots of food and drink thanks to public assistance.........
Yo. Don't take no food stamps to no McD. Sell em on the street then yo takes the money and buys some scrimps. Lub me some scrimps. cant get no good scrimps on a WIC card tho cause my mama try that one time.
Darnelle Smiff

Shrewsbury, PA

#153 Mar 19, 2011
damn. now all can think bout am scrimps! fried scrimps steam scrimps scrimp cocktails scrimp samwich. lubs me some scrimps.
No Way

New Park, PA

#154 Mar 19, 2011
Relative wrote:
<quoted text>
They had an actual babysitter which is a friend of the family who is in her 30's.
So where was the babysitter?
Darnelle Smiff

Shrewsbury, PA

#155 Mar 19, 2011
No Way wrote:
<quoted text>
Out gettin some scrimps fo the little chilluns I hope.
Relative

Dover, PA

#156 Mar 19, 2011
No Way wrote:
<quoted text>
Tammy paid a baby sitter 80$ to watch the kids for the weekend, but the baby sitter left them home alone so she could watch her own kids. She now wont testify because the cops said that they will charge her with everything instead of Tammy if that were true. So now shes denying it all together so that she doesnt get in trouble herself.
dustbunnie

Lancaster, PA

#157 Mar 20, 2011
Relative wrote:
<quoted text>
Tammy paid a baby sitter 80$ to watch the kids for the weekend, but the baby sitter left them home alone so she could watch her own kids. She now wont testify because the cops said that they will charge her with everything instead of Tammy if that were true. So now shes denying it all together so that she doesnt get in trouble herself.
well the police definately have a duty to investigate that allegation, and if its true take affirmative action!!It would be hard to believe they would not follow up on that.
aconcernedperson york

York, PA

#158 Mar 30, 2011
Relative wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah yeah a likely story guess it was the same thing when she got off on the last charge hope she is not as lucky this time
Jason Swarbrick

Cwmbran, UK

#159 Mar 30, 2011
what?
Seriously

Butler, MD

#161 Apr 8, 2011
Omg wrote:
Seriously dont you all have something better to do than judge this woman? Yea I bet all of you are completely perfect yourself. With all the **** going on in the world right now and this is the one thing you all are dwelling on?? Like seriously
Actually, I don't. Since I am not gracing the front pages of the paper or being the lead in story on the 6pm news I would say...yep...completely perfect! Thanks!

Since: Jul 10

York, PA

#162 Apr 8, 2011
TheyLiveAmongstUs wrote:
<quoted text>Ok pooper scooper, you had your "posts in the sun" time. Now get back to school and attempt to secured at the very least, a second grade "Certificate of Attendance"! North York, that's 9 degrees worse than the worst trailer park in the county. Is you be one of them there welfare boons?
Seriously? The majority (admittedly not all) of north York borough are home owners who take care of their properties. I purchased my home 4 years ago and although the city element is creeping up the hill I adamantly disagree with your statement.
in the know yh

Mount Wolf, PA

#163 May 13, 2011
Leave my children home alone? Never. Never. Never. This woman and her 3 children is now living in my neighborhood with a married man who does not even see his youngest child. Started wanting to after moving this poor excuse of a mother in. For what? So she can speak like her kids do?
in the know yh

Mount Wolf, PA

#164 May 13, 2011
If she gets off free this time the system is failing our children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New opener set for renovated Codorus State Park... (Jun '10) May 29 unknown 68
Watch Out! Robert R Howard out of jail and scam... May 27 concerned citizen 4
Review: Tony Sangiamo Law Office (Jul '12) May 27 Jessica 2
News Cate Blanchett denies lesbian past May 22 Sublime1 27
News David Letterman gets handcuffed to George Clooney May 22 Kid_Tomorrow 2
News Menendez Reintroduces Bill Banning Double-Decke... (Aug '13) May 21 Swedenforever 12
News Watch: 'Steve Jobs' new trailer released May 20 andet1987 2
More from around the web

York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]