Police: Woman went to Atlantic City, ...

Police: Woman went to Atlantic City, left 3 kids home alone

There are 157 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Mar 14, 2011, titled Police: Woman went to Atlantic City, left 3 kids home alone. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Police are looking for Tammy White, of North York. Police are looking for a North York woman they say left her children home alone for several days while she went to Atlantic City.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
wtf

York, PA

#2 Mar 14, 2011
Her children are in danger if they give them back to her.
Question

United States

#3 Mar 14, 2011
While I agree that 12, 11, and 4 year old children are unable to care for themselves alone over an extended period of time,(especially with no emergency contact info) where is the line? In the state of Pennsylvania, at what age is it acceptable (legal) to leave your children home alone and over what length of time?
Enough already

Cape Coral, FL

#4 Mar 14, 2011
Bull sh... you know damn well in Pa 12 year olds baby sit children so drop the charges and go investigate real child endangerment cases...........So now you'll take this womans welfare and really have a bad case of child neglect caused by the department of children and youth .......
Ex Prosecutor

Cape Coral, FL

#5 Mar 14, 2011
According to Pennsylvania state law the 12 year old was legally caring for the others don't like it change the law.......
Ruckus

Portsmouth, VA

#6 Mar 14, 2011
Based on the mugshot submitted by the police, this is obviously not this woman's first run in with the law.
80s GIRL

York, PA

#7 Mar 14, 2011
Girl's just wanna have FUN!!
Shocked in York_PA

York, PA

#8 Mar 14, 2011
Question wrote:
While I agree that 12, 11, and 4 year old children are unable to care for themselves alone over an extended period of time,(especially with no emergency contact info) where is the line? In the state of Pennsylvania, at what age is it acceptable (legal) to leave your children home alone and over what length of time?
I'm not sure what the technical answer to your question may be. However, I think the real issue here is that she left for a few days, leaving them unattended. What if something happened. I would be most concerned about the 4yr old. I have an 11 & 15yr old, I worry about leaving them home for an hour after school until I get home from work. I trust my kids, I just don't trust other people. This story is unreal!
dumb

York, PA

#9 Mar 14, 2011
Enough already wrote:
Bull sh... you know damn well in Pa 12 year olds baby sit children so drop the charges and go investigate real child endangerment cases..........So now you'll take this womans welfare and really have a bad case of child neglect caused by the department of children and youth .......
A twelve year old babysitting for a few hours sure, but this woman left her kids alone for several days. BIG difference.
Shocked in York_PA

York, PA

#10 Mar 14, 2011
dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
A twelve year old babysitting for a few hours sure, but this woman left her kids alone for several days. BIG difference.
My point exactly!!!!
Shocked in York_PA

York, PA

#11 Mar 14, 2011
dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
AND.......where is the woman now? WANTED by police, wonder why...DUH
Melba Miles

New Freedom, PA

#12 Mar 14, 2011
They was probly better off without the bich
Confused

Norristown, PA

#13 Mar 14, 2011
And she's still not home.... How long was the 12 year old suppose to baby sit for?
JustSayin

Dover, PA

#14 Mar 14, 2011
They should find the person who busted up her mug
city girl

York, PA

#15 Mar 14, 2011
I am real sure this 12 year old has been taking care of this baby since it was born. And this isnt the first time the 12 Yr. old has been running the home and feeding the other children. The child probably doesnt even know what it is to be a child!!!! Hope they get a better life.
Yorker

United States

#16 Mar 14, 2011
Is anyone concerned that something might have happened to this woman? Just askin...
Worker

Wilmington, DE

#17 Mar 14, 2011
She prolly hit the jackpot and got a couple nights free in a hotel.
Shocked in York_PA

York, PA

#18 Mar 14, 2011
Yorker wrote:
Is anyone concerned that something might have happened to this woman? Just askin...
Yes and No.
Let me explain...Yes, because I don't want to see anything bad happen to anyone. NO, because her leaving 3 young children at home like that, she obviously wasn't concerned with their safety or well being.
May God bless and watch over these children.
Free Loader

York, PA

#19 Mar 14, 2011
Worker wrote:
She prolly hit the jackpot and got a couple nights free in a hotel.
Yea, "PROLLY"!
Mustafa

Mount Laurel, NJ

#20 Mar 14, 2011
If a 12 year old was in charge, what's the problem?
scrap8llot

Mansfield, OH

#21 Mar 14, 2011
As of a friend of mine has said - you need a license to fish, hunt and drive but you don't need a license to be a parent. UNREAL! What is wrong with people. What if there was a fire in the house, a child fell and hurt themself, someone broke in to the house? Was the 12 year old supposed to cook meals too? You can see where the mother's priorities were - GAMBLING! Amazing! What is wrong with people? Then society wonders what is wrong with our youth. WAKE-UP PEOPLE!!! PARENTING SHOULD BE ABOUT THE CHILD(REN)FIRST!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Allentown finds hope in state grant to boost 7t... (Apr '07) Mar 24 silly rabbit 34
News York announces snow removal schedule (Feb '10) Mar 15 Hello to you 9
News Three illegal aliens charged with illegal re-en... Mar 11 Fitus T Bluster 5
News Million dollar market: average price of detache... Mar 3 packed in like Flies 1
News York victims of sexual assault struggle for peace (Apr '13) Mar 3 Struggleright 3
News Chief: Ofc. Bryn Lindmuth charged in domestic d... Jan '17 Haha 1
News Lost Civil War gold in Pennsylvania woods? (Mar '08) Jan '17 Hickey 33

York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

York Mortgages