Police: Man punched during incident o...

Police: Man punched during incident on Route 30

There are 30 comments on the York Dispatch story from Jun 13, 2011, titled Police: Man punched during incident on Route 30. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

A York man involved in a possible road-rage incident in West Manchester Township was punched in the face after heeding the other driver's signal to pull over, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
annie11455

Rockville, MD

#1 Jun 13, 2011
No one deserves to be punched in the face but what did he think was going to happen after having a "dispute over lane positioning"? Did he think the other driver was going to invite him over for a tall iced tea? For all he knew, that Hummer driver could have had a gun with him.

Sorry, Mr Beyer, that was NOT a wise decision.
Mr Advice

York, PA

#2 Jun 13, 2011
Yep, Dickie, you showed 'em how much of a rough SOB you are! Next time, just pull into the Dairy Queen down the street and purchase a large soft ice cream to COOL OFF!

Since: Sep 08

Carlisle PA

#4 Jun 13, 2011
Learn to drive.
Observer

York, PA

#5 Jun 13, 2011
Mr Beyer - "Here's your sign.........."
dumber with a hummer

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jun 13, 2011
hummers are for men with short comings trying to over compensate... tough guys flag over seniors and punch them in the face
WTF

Chicago, IL

#7 Jun 13, 2011
If your dumb enough to pull over and get out, be man enough to take it!!
George

Washington, DC

#8 Jun 13, 2011
WTF wrote:
If your dumb enough to pull over and get out, be man enough to take it!!
Hey STUPID? He did take it!
bob

York, PA

#9 Jun 13, 2011
I agree not smart move . we could be reading found man beside shot to death:)
Fast learner

York, PA

#10 Jun 13, 2011
Dickey thought the perp said: "Stand Up", when he actually said: "Shut Up"! Bad move Dickey! But it is NEVER too late to learn. I learned this 50+ years ago when my wife gives an order! Just 'shut up' and do what you are told!!! Really cuts down on dental bills!!!
sick of fools no reason

Westminster, MD

#11 Jun 13, 2011
I would had never pulled over that was so uncall for. Some people the nerve.
Me Oh My

Harrisburg, PA

#16 Jun 13, 2011
WOW, some dumb comments on here for sure.
NEVER EVER pull over for anyone other than a police officer. And if you think the person isn't a police office call 911. They will be able to conferm if the unit behind you is a police car or not. Too many weird people in this world to chance it.
As for the fellow who has a gun, thats nice. But if you use it know you are the one going to jail that day :-) right now Pa. does not have a law protecting you for discharging a weapon outside of your home in a self defence manor, sorry.
Hot Rod

Mount Laurel, NJ

#18 Jun 13, 2011
Somebody motions for me to pull over better hope I don't.
Should be easy to find

York, PA

#19 Jun 13, 2011
Assuming the police investigate with the same diligence that they will go after seat belt violaters with, the driver should be fairly easy to find. The DMV should be able to assist.

How many black Hummers are registered in this area? I can't believe it is that many.
Truth Hurts

York, PA

#20 Jun 13, 2011
Me Oh My wrote:
NEVER EVER pull over for anyone other than a police officer. And if you think the person isn't a police office call 911. They will be able to conferm if the unit behind you is a police car or not. Too many weird people in this world to chance it.
As for the fellow who has a gun, thats nice. But if you use it know you are the one going to jail that day :-) right now Pa. does not have a law protecting you for discharging a weapon outside of your home in a self defence manor, sorry.
Sorry - but a justifiable self-defense will stand - the soon-to-be-approved castle doctrine will just make it better.
York Guy

Lancaster, PA

#21 Jun 13, 2011
How are we supposed to know any details. I saw low 50's guy driving a hummer H2,but it could be a different guy...
DoNotMakeItHurt

York, PA

#22 Jun 13, 2011
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry - but a justifiable self-defense will stand - the soon-to-be-approved castle doctrine will just make it better.
In a split second, better make darn SURE it IS justifiable! You may relish sitting in prison the remainder of your life; not I!
bill is lesser

Sykesville, MD

#24 Jun 13, 2011
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool move hero. You think that after agreeing to pull over and then shooting someone you're not going to jail? Let me know how that turns out. So many of you are so totally unqualified to carry a weapon that it's unreal.
You and your kind fantasize about how the incident is going to go down and how you'll react. Fact is, you don't have a clue and will more likely shat your pants than react properly.
Truth Hurts

Hamburg, PA

#27 Jun 13, 2011
bill is lesser wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool move hero. You think that after agreeing to pull over and then shooting someone you're not going to jail? Let me know how that turns out. So many of you are so totally unqualified to carry a weapon that it's unreal.
You and your kind fantasize about how the incident is going to go down and how you'll react. Fact is, you don't have a clue and will more likely shat your pants than react properly.
Poor Bill..........stuck in the Peoples Republik of MD-----will never know freedom.........
American Nationalist

Red Lion, PA

#29 Jun 13, 2011
Look for the Hummer in Logan's Reserve. About a year ago there was a black Hummer riding my butt going north on the trail.
Say no to baby Factories

York, PA

#30 Jun 13, 2011
Me Oh My wrote:
The first post that I absolutely agree with. Well written and factual. Great job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Amid 911 staffing shortage, York Countya Sun Trifecta 2
News The Greene Turtle not coming to York County Apr 20 Sir Speedy 2
News Police: Woman went to Atlantic City, left 3 kid... (Mar '11) Apr 11 I WAS the 12 year... 158
News Lost Civil War gold in Pennsylvania woods? (Mar '08) Apr 10 Army of Northern ... 36
News Bankrupt store chain Bon-Ton gets acquisition o... Apr 10 CityguyUSA 1
News York City RDA soliciting bids for Penn Marketa Apr 7 CityguyUSA 1
News Valley View: Comedy and Contention: Casting All... Apr 3 weapon X 2

York Jobs

Personal Finance

York Mortgages