Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday 109,591
President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs. Full Story
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118511 Feb 18, 2013
I'm not nearly as gullible as you clowns on the right. I don't jump to conclusions, I don't foam at the mouth and rush to blame. I live in the REAL world where stuff happens and people die.

And don't start with that right wing, tea party crap putting words in peoples mouths. It's been done to death. There is no one in this country that doesn't feel for the families of ANY American killed in the line of duty, you jerk.

You simpletons are crying now, but not so much when thousands were dying in Iraq for YOUR real lies. Not the one that lives only in your head. Along with not much else, I'm beginning to see.

Oh, and by the way, what do you think could have been done about the Benghazi attack. How long would it have taken to get sufficient force prepped and deployed, Mr. military expert?

It's not surprising how easily lying comes to you of the right, though. Your whole philosophy is predicated on a lie. The lie of who you want people to believe you are and who you really are.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#118512 Feb 18, 2013
joe wrote:
(Hysterical partisan Obama apologist rant trimmed) Oh, and by the way, what do you think could have been done about the Benghazi attack....
Once again you remain intentionally obtuse to the whole point, joe -

THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN IN BENGHAZI IN THE FIRST PLACE.

There - clear enough for you?

It's called incompetence and irresponsibility.

Still waiting for your answers -

1) Why did the Obama White House lie about it?

2) Where was Obama for 6 hours that evening while Americans were dying, and what did he do about it?

3) Why is the Obama White house STILL stonewalling Congress and lying about it, even after His Incompetence-in-Chief has been safety returned to power?

Are you at all capable of an honest, straight answer instead of Axelrod/Jarrett/DNC/mediamatte rs proaganda? Just this once?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118513 Feb 18, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you remain intentionally obtuse to the whole point, joe -
THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN IN BENGHAZI IN THE FIRST PLACE.
There - clear enough for you?
It's called incompetence and irresponsibility.
Still waiting for your answers -
1) Why did the Obama White House lie about it?
2) Where was Obama for 6 hours that evening while Americans were dying, and what did he do about it?
3) Why is the Obama White house STILL stonewalling Congress and lying about it, even after His Incompetence-in-Chief has been safety returned to power?
Are you at all capable of an honest, straight answer instead of Axelrod/Jarrett/DNC/mediamatte rs proaganda? Just this once?
Not in the least interested in playing your low rent, foxworld word games.

1- Nobody is lying except you, unless you have some proof of something.

2- Obama was where he was and obviously where he was supposed to be. Why do you clowns always persist in your alternate universe theories that everything that happens could have been prevented or done better if executed by the left?

3- Again, what proof of lying do you have. Other than your idiotic, compulsive right wing brain disease.

Please, bring some straight independent answers. Something a bit more informed than your Doocy, Hannity, Rubin, Ailes talking point jive.

And as far as incompetence and irresponsibility are concerned, the current House majority and eight years of Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld have already defined those terms.

Remember: 2 embassy/consulate attacks during Obama administration. 4 Americans dead. You're outraged.

Remember: Over 12 attacks during Bush admin. More than 35 Americans killed. Your outrage, where was it?

And why can't I find any right wing news items screaming headlines about lying and incompetence and irresponsibility for the deaths of 3,000 Americans on 9/11?

You guys are jokes.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#118517 Feb 18, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in the least interested in playing your low rent, foxworld word games.
1- Nobody is lying except you, unless you have some proof of something.
Well, now joe - forgive me. I may have assumed you knew what you were talking about. That was unfair of me.

Which parts exactly of the Benghazi episode are you unfamiliar with, and disbelieve -

1) That Americans were posted to Benghazi with inadequate security to defend them against attack?

2) That the US had advance intel from credible sources warning of potential attacks on US personnel and facilities in Libya by Al Qaeda affiliates?

2) That the Obama Administration denied requests for increased security measures at Libyan missions?

3) That Washington, up to and including Obama, was advised of the attacks on the consulate in Benghazi almost immediately, between 3:30 and 5 pm?

4) That Obama, after being advised of the attacks, did nothing, ordered nothing, and went incommunicado at parts unknown for 6 hours while 4 Americans were murdered?

5) That US intel and defense knew immediately the attacks were not spontaneous randon mob actions, but planned and organized attacks utilizing heavy weapons and indirect fire?

6) That Susan Rice and other White House officials nevertheless went on the Sunday talk show circuit and put out a totally false story - that they knew to be false - blaming the attacks on a spontaneous mob action sparked by some video?

7) That the White house continued to promote and defend this wholly false narrative, lying to the American People and the Congress for weeks afterwards?

8) That the White House stonewalled proper Congressional investigative efforts, and continues to do so, by denying access to copies of relevant communications and documents that would make plain the Administration's actions and policy directives before, during, and after the attack?

Please specify exactly which of these points you're unclear about, and I would LOVE to help clear things up for you by posting cites to the relevant sources and Congressional testimony that establishes who has been LYING anbout what, and when.
joe wrote:
<quoted text>2- Obama was where he was and obviously where he was supposed to be.
And where exactly was that joe? Because nobody in his Administrations says thay know, and nobody in his Administration says they heard from him during those 6 crucial hours while Americans were being murdered, and the Obama administration did NOTHING.

Glad to hear YOU hold the key to that mystery, joe - Congress has been trying mightily to find this out for some time now, and they've gotten nowhere.

So - do tell, joe - where eactly was Obama for those 6 hours - and what exactly did he direct be done?
joe wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you clowns always persist in your alternate universe theories that everything that happens could have been prevented or done better if executed by the left?
Do get hold of yourself, joe - we're talking about a specific incident, and the circumstances that led up to it, and the actions out Government took before, during, and after.
joe wrote:
<quoted text> (more irrelevant BUSH WAAAH WAAH WAAAAHHHH OCD deleted)
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118518 Feb 18, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah....and more right wing blah, blah.
You seem quite deeply convinced of your Fox media machine intel, there, Teddy. I wouldn't get too excited though, if I were you. We keep seeing how your crazed right wing heroes create these alternate universe explanations that just don't seem to pan out when observed in the harsh light of REALITY.

Your nothing more than a dull version of Hannity. I'm totally bored with you ugly people. To you guys the Obama administration is behind everything wrong in your tiny mean-spirited little universe.

Most all rational people in this country, yea, in the world, don't live in the narrow confines of your far-right nut land. We all know the world is dangerous and stuff happens. Especially when that particular part of the world has been torched and set upon by Republicans in their lust for oil profits and their incompetent revenge for 9/11.

You guys are just seething over Obama's successes and re-election and I'm guessing this must be tying you and the rest of your un-American pals up in real knots:

" President Shimon Peres plans to give President Obama a special award at a state dinner next month when Mr. Obama is expected to visit Israel. Mr. Obama would be the first sitting American president to receive the award, Israel’s Presidential Medal of Distinction. Previous recipients include Henry A. Kissinger and the conductor Zubin Mehta.“Barack Obama is a true friend of the State of Israel, and has been since the beginning of his public life,” Mr. Peres said in a statement."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/19/world/middl...
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118520 Feb 18, 2013
All the sideshow Republican antics on the Benghazi attacks along with the Hagel and Brennan confirmation hearings are merely a sad little attempt to steer the public's attention away from the Republican sequestration and the effects on the economy.

All those righty's screaming for cuts is about to tank our already fragile economy.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118521 Feb 18, 2013
And, as a Liberal, I'm none too pleased with Obama's use/misuse of drones to carry out state sponsored murder.
MalbarCACA

Brisbane, Australia

#118522 Feb 18, 2013
joe wrote:
And, as a Liberal, I'm none too pleased with Obama's use/misuse of drones to carry out state sponsored murder.
(The Fixers "inquiring minds" we & all that .... will keep asking)

Your choice. If you want to continue your cowardly, yellow-bellied ways that's up to you.

We will ask you the same questions day after day as in the past until you either piss off or answer them,

Get that into your thick MalbarCACa dunce head.

Who is "we" IndoMauritian ti pilon IMPOSTOR (ID #2 Bozo hide myASS! Australia the greater of many evils ADELAIDEANs)?

How do you know this JB?

Where do you go to read his posts online?

What other names does this JB have?

What other names do you have?

Why do you come here?

How much do they pay you?

Then:

You have unfinished business, reply to this by adding to the beginning of each one of these sentences: We all the ADELAIDEANs and Neville Benders:

Condemn, reprehend, admonish Julie chamberpot WORLD People (Iford Romford UK) in all her guises for her abusive actions, conduct and behaviour in all Topix forums.

Condemn Julie chamberpot WORLD People (Iford Romford UK) for her racist, bigoted and prejudiced opinions,views,comments and remarks.

Reprehend Julie chamberpot WORLD People(Iford Romford UK) for being a black dalit sewer rat chharchhobi transvestite
MalbarKAKALatrine FUCKTARD and his cohorts for causing irreparable damage to the Australian and Mauritian forums.

Admonish Julie chamberpot WORLD People(IfordRomford UK) for being an ignorant buffoon and a worthless vermin scumbags and VERMIN.

Condemn, Reprehend, admonish Real Indian PoonJABI Sikh The Anti-Muhammad Singh The Aggrolite for being a lunatic, madman, deranged, demented, crazy, ROMEO TINY Real Indian inferior midget turd, Rupert PIN DICK FOOFTER The Maniac Psycho Anti-Muhammad Greensborough Insane Lunatic Nutcase, a SPAMalot IDENTITY THIEF, PLAGIARIZER, ROBBER and IMPOSTOR Ringwood, Australia SPASTIC FUCKTURD PHAGGOT SHEMALE F*CKWIT.

Condemn, Reprehend, admonish cute Real Indian levi, LEVI, Levi boy ti IndoMauritian pilon IMPOSTOR (ID #13 United States, Australia chickyladyrentboy monkey of The ADELAIDEANs) for being deranged, obssessed and delusional and Not only dumb but a fraud, a liar, an impostor, a fraudster, a troll for hire and rent by his own admission but more importantly a farcical clown and jerk and a total doorknob Stupif DICKHEAD.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118523 Feb 18, 2013
I can't stand the corruption of Republicans nor Democrats.

In Benghazi... Our corrupt government was running guns to Al Qaeda and other rebels that aren't exactly press-friendly.

When the people getting killed by those weapons revolted and stormed the Consulate... our corrupt "leaders" decided that it would be best to (stand down and) let them all die... than have the truth come out.

Then, predictably they made up a ridiculous excuse (an old movie that no one has seen) that the moron masses lapped up.

As usual, its not complicated if you're willing to face uncomfortable truths.
Just Saying

Mineola, NY

#118524 Feb 18, 2013
joe wrote:
Yet you won't lose any sleep over it, much less condemn it in letters or emails to your elected representatives, the White House, or local newspapers.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118525 Feb 18, 2013
nac wrote:
I can't stand the corruption of Republicans nor Democrats.
In Benghazi... Our corrupt government was running guns to Al Qaeda and other rebels that aren't exactly press-friendly.
When the people getting killed by those weapons revolted and stormed the Consulate... our corrupt "leaders" decided that it would be best to (stand down and) let them all die... than have the truth come out.
Then, predictably they made up a ridiculous excuse (an old movie that no one has seen) that the moron masses lapped up.
As usual, its not complicated if you're willing to face uncomfortable truths.
Your an idiot. This is all just crap that you BELIEVE, not fact. Get back into the real world, take the little tin foil hat off and grow up.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118526 Feb 18, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you won't lose any sleep over it, much less condemn it in letters or emails to your elected representatives, the White House, or local newspapers.
Yet, in actuality, I posted it to this site and have sent my letters (e-mails) to many including the administration and Feinstein and Boxer.

So, your asinine post just proclaims how narrowly you right wing clods are wired. How's your independence, azz_ole.
MalbarCACA

Brisbane, Australia

#118528 Feb 19, 2013
joe wrote:
All the sideshow Republican antics on the Benghazi attacks along with the Hagel and Brennan confirmation hearings are merely a sad little attempt to steer the public's attention away from the Republican sequestration and the effects on the economy.
All those righty's screaming for cuts is about to tank our already fragile economy.
MabarCACA Controllers wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupif DICKHEAD.
Go suck on dogshit sid's castrated genitals idiotic black dalit sewer rat chharchhobi transvestite MalbarKAKALatrine FUCKTARD sIndian.

Add to the start of each comment: I Beady, apologise to all users of Topix
for my stupid use of Sockpuppet names and Proxy Servers.
for damaging the Australian and Mauritian forums by creating stupid Threads and posting stupid Comments.

Add to the start of each comment: I Beady, will cease
using Sockpuppet Names
using Proxy Servers
posting abusive comments
targeting random Topix Users for nothing more than my own enjoyment
using Topix

Add to the start of comment: I Beady apologise
to sairla, Juicylu, The Adelaidean, Patron5, John Barnes, Neville Thompson, Aggrolite, Sid and Julie Chamberpot.
for my false accusations to other users of holding racist, bigoted and prejudiced opinions and views. for my false accusations to other users of making comments, remarks, conduct and behaviour in for my false accusations to other users of the Australian and Mauritian forums.
for calling people scumbags, ignorant buffoons and of being worthless vermin scumbags.
for saying to people things like Real Indian PoonJABI, madman, deranged, demented, crazy, ROMEO TINY inferior midget turd, Rupert PIN DICK FOOFTER, Insane Lunatic Nutcase, SPAMalot IDENTITY THIEF, PLAGIARIZER, ROBBER and IMPOSTOR SPASTIC FUCKTURD PHAGGOT SHEMALE, ti IndoMauritian pilon chickyladyrentboy, obsessed and delusional, Not only dumb but a fraud, an impostor, a liar, a fraudster, a troll for hire and rent by your his admission but more importantly a farcical clown and jerk and a total doorknob Stupid DICKHEAD, FOOKING disgusting, despicable fraud, fraudster, black dalit sewer rat transvestite MalbarKAKALatrine FUCKTARD IMPOSTOR B@stard go get your butt rammed..
to all Topix Users I have abused and disrupted.

Add to the start of comment: I Beady
will cease this stupid conduct immediately

Once you have completed the above task, log off the Proxy Server and then sign in to Topix under your user name 'Beady'
Meena

Alpharetta, GA

#118529 Feb 19, 2013
Indians Taking over IT jobs

I am an Indian(American Citizen) IT professional. I am looking for job and being discriminated by Indians who are on VISA's or Green Card. Trust me, there are millions small recruiting companies working in USA.

I see them having upper hand right now. In my case they approach me like 'Hey, I am Indian you are Indian hehehehehe. And after talking to me they realize that I am a us citizen and have totally different views about everything. Bam! I am not qualified to get a job or if i am working with them they will try everything to get me fired.

I hope I get a Job soon where i do not have this scenario. Which is lot to ask, since they are all over...We need some change ' A Miracle'.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118530 Feb 19, 2013
And the right just keeps gettin stupider:

Last week, the Kansas House Education Committee introduced a bill that mandates teachers question the scientific basis of global warming, becoming the latest state to take up one of American Legislative Exchange Council’s “model bills” aiming to misrepresent climate change in schools.

Kansas would join Texas, Louisiana, Tennessee and Oklahoma as the fifth state to cast climate change as a “controversial” topic. But climate change is only controversial in political and polluter circles, not the scientific community.

97 percent of climate scientists actively publishing in the field agree climate change is human-caused.

As National Center for Science Education executive director Eugenie C. Scott explained,“The only effects of enacting such a misguided bill would be to discourage responsible teachers from presenting climate science accurately and to encourage irresponsible teachers to misrepresent it as controversial.”
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118531 Feb 19, 2013
Number of the 400 wealthiest Americans who count as small-business owners under House Republicans’ definition : 237

Percentage of the Bush tax cuts made permanent by the “fiscal cliff” compromise : 82

Portion of American households that will have a higher tax rate in 2013 as a result of the deal : 3/4

Percentage of likely voters who identified themselves as Tea Party members in 2010 : 24

In 2012 : 8

Portion of its annual budget that the state of Texas gives back in tax incentives to corporations : 1/2
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118532 Feb 19, 2013
Amount the National Rifle Association’s Victory Fund spent on the 2012 election :$11,159,493

Percentage of that spending that went to support winning candidates : 0.44

Estimated portion of the world’s privately held guns that are owned by Americans : 1/2

Number of U.S. children under the age of thirteen killed by firearms between 2006 and 2011 : 680
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118533 Feb 19, 2013
Estimated number of people who died because of high cholesterol in 2010 : 2,000,000

Because of air pollution : 3,200,000

Projected year by which annual firearm fatalities will surpass motor-vehicle fatalities in the United States : 2015

Date of a state supreme court decision that requires the University of Colorado to allow guns on campus : 3/5/2012

Number of students there who have elected to live in dorms designated for those with concealed-weapon permits : 0
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118535 Feb 19, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Your an idiot. This is all just crap that you BELIEVE, not fact. Get back into the real world, take the little tin foil hat off and grow up.
I'm sorry that uncomfortable truths conflict with your worship of the state.

If you can defend the government standing down while Americans are being killed... you'll defend anything they do.

So worship away, as they kill innocents and let their own get killed... how noble.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#118536 Feb 19, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Waah waah waah FX!! waah waah waah FOX!! waah waah waah FOX!!...
The mating call of the clueless Obama butt-nuzzler who's completely out of facts, reasoned argument, and ideas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
York County man, 35, dies unexpectedly; family ... (Jan '11) 8 hr Greed 5
York councilman: Tax hike is better than servic... (Dec '10) 20 hr Adam Andrews 49
Former York County pastor hangs himself in W.Va... (May '11) Tue dustbunnie 72
Taylor Swift is having more than a moment Nov 7 Butters 13
Johnny on the Spot,LLC., Barricade Fencing Rent... Nov 7 Gerald Vonberger 1
House for sale by owner Nov 7 walnut house 1
Photography exhibit highlights neighborhood heros Nov 7 paulflynn12 2
York Dating
Find my Match

York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

York News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in York

Personal Finance