New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2011

Judged:

Is it me or are there too many of them here? I am ok with a few but there are too many. Pretty soon the BX will become Lil Mexico.

It's like, you see them all over the Bronx. Is this the same in other places in NY like Brooklyn and Manhattan?
Angry Man

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2011

Judged:

Actually, Los Angeles has way more Mexicans.

But that's besides the point. I was specifically speaking about the Bronx. I font know how it happened all I know is that I woke up one morning walked outside and started noticing Mexican stores everywhere.

It's like they were hiding this whole time and out if nowhere poof! They magically appeared. We have to do something about this!
just asking

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2011

Angry Man wrote:
Is it me or are there too many of them here? I am ok with a few but there are too many. Pretty soon the BX will become Lil Mexico.
It's like, you see them all over the Bronx. Is this the same in other places in NY like Brooklyn and Manhattan?
It's you!!!!!!!!!!
just asking

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2011

Judged:

ashamed American wrote:
They steal jobs away from Americans who despererately need work during this recession. I can trace my family tree back to pre-Revolutionary War times, but these Mexicans have only been here less than 5 years and they're already making 20K/year. Then they pop out a few kids at the tax payers' expense and now they can't be deported, and their kids are US citizens too.
My family tree goes back hundreds of years in this country, I was born on Long Island, and yet a lot of these Latinos have it better than me. What is worse is that they're unappreciative of the opportunities they've been given. They litter and create filth everywhere, they bring insects and vermin into the city (giant cockroaches, mice and rats) and they play their obnoxious music at ear-splitting volumes creating noise pollution. A lot of them are arrogant too and look down on people like me, calling us gringos behind our backs.
If you ask me why America is going to hell, Mexicans are a big reason. I'm just glad I don't live in Chicago which has the largest concentration of Mexicans of any city in the country, even more than Los Angeles.
You should be ashamed, and we dont call you anything but filthy Italian's who came to america and stole, and killed. Im am a latino and proud!!! It's Miss Gonzalez to you!!!
Angry Man

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2011

Judged:

Yes it's me.

So how do we combat this problem? Should we just call La Migra on them or what?

Oh yes, one more question. You call yourself a Latino/Hispanic. Why not just say you Mexican instead? Because the word Mexican sounds ugly and the word Latino doesn't?
Oscar

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

I think that a subway rat is more intelligent than Angry Man and Ashamed American, their ignorance is palpable. If you are going to argue against mexicans in the USA make sure to get your facts straight. Mexicans lived in north america since 1492, thats 120 years before the arrival of the english in 1612 At one point half of north america was spanish/mexican, hence all of the spanish geographical names, ie: Los Angeles, Colorado, Texas. Mexicans and other latin americans are hard working people that open businesses when the oportunity arises,rather than steal or collect from the government. The jobs that they obtain (waiters, maids) are not taken from anybody, they are jobs rejected by other members of society. Mexicans and other latin americans are just doing what previous imigrant have done, the italians, irish and eastern european imigrants of years ago, at one point were considered to be vermin and undesiarable people.
Manny Bronx NY

Highland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

Oscar you are obviously an ILLEGAL or have a mental disorder (Liberal). Italians Irish and Eastern Europeans etc. did not have Free Medical, Free Food, Free School AND PROGRAMS-FREE. That generation is long gone and they assimilated into society. This batch of ILLEGALS do not. They take, take ,take and want to change America to their likeness. they take no pride in even considering PRIDE IN BEING AMERICAN. The jobs that you are speaking of in restaurants are jobs that my sons, who are in college and are looking for part time work, can't get because they are being taken by the ILLEGALS who pay no taxes. Cry me a river when you get to the point where I am and pay about 40%+ in taxes here in NY. Oscar get a job (that you have to pay taxes), then we will listen to you. And yes there are to many Mexicans (the Illegal ones)
Angry Man

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2011

Judged:

Why do people always have to bring up that "This was Mexican land before" crap into this?

That was then this is now and NOW is saying GTFO! Back then there were no rules and regulations no government or anything like today. Back then it was a "Dog-eat-dog" mentality with Indians killing Indians.. It was like a nest for animals.

TODAY we have rules, regulations, a government, etc.. TODAY we have LAWS! Either stick to them or GET OUT!

Simple as that.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2011

Judged:

duh wrote:
Oscar, if Mexicans have such a strong work ethic and pride, why don't they stay in Mexico and make something of their country instead of abandoning it like cowards? With their hard work and consumerism, they could be contributing to the development of the Mexican economy. By leaving Mexico they're only contributing to the plight of their nation even further.
Manny - Mexicans also steal construction and landscaping jobs (particularly in CA and the Southwest) and they steal small business opportunities away from entrepreneurial Americans right here in New York.
I live in Tennessee and we have bookoo's of Mexicans. Seems like everyone from the school system to the government rolls out the red carpet for them. I worked with some of them a few years back and after talking with them, I can understand why they want to leave Mexico. They live in poverty...homes with dirt floors...they're just trying to better themselves, and I think that's okay IF they do it legally.
What we need to do is make people obey the laws we have and if they don't we need to enforce the penalties that go with those laws.
I don't think we need to give them free everything, including interpreters. If they want to come here, they should do it LEGALLY, plus they need to learn the language before they arrive or very soon after they get here.
RealAmerican

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

Judged:

Hell yeh, WAY TOO MUCH MEXICO... Everywhere in the US now in fact. How did Americans become so stupid that most don't even seem to care as their country becomes one great big MEXICO'S CIRCUS!!!!? Do they believe the only way to be a good person is to give up your country to anyone with the audacity to come swarming in?
RealAmerican

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

Judged:

I could break bread with someone who sold state secrets to foreign countries sooner than with those who support MEXICANIZATION or other illegal alien invasion of the US. NO form of treason does more damage to our nation than that which abandons our national sovereignty and completely transforms us into some other kind of culture. This mexicanization is already beyond national emergency in its degree.
RealAmerican

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

Judged:

2centz wrote:
<quoted text>
they should do it LEGALLY, plus they need to learn the language before they arrive or very soon after they get here.
And if they can't make it in legally they must stay home. These crass invading lowlifes have no right to take it upon themselves to come here. Only the US citizens, through the legitimate democratic process can decide under what circumstances, IF AT ALL, foreign nationals have permission to come here.

Round up illegals and militarize the border NOW.
RealAmerican

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

Judged:

duh wrote:
Oscar, if Mexicans have such a strong work ethic and pride, why don't they stay in Mexico and make something of their country instead of abandoning it like cowards? With their hard work and consumerism, they could be contributing to the development of the Mexican economy. By leaving Mexico they're only contributing to the plight of their nation even further.
Manny - Mexicans also steal construction and landscaping jobs (particularly in CA and the Southwest) and they steal small business opportunities away from entrepreneurial Americans right here in New York.
It is national sovereignty not work ethic that is the heart of the matter. I know you are just replying to that pro-illegals fool, you didn't bring it up. But just to add in more on that tangent- mexicO's don't even have that hard a work ethic. They can work 18 hours a day for a day or two, but are notoriously UNRELIABLE when it comes to working permanent jobs. What they do well is sharing living quarters with 50-100 more of their kin in a 2 family house, and go on the street for day labor whenever they feel like it (which averages about 2 or 3 days per week). They easily pay their 1/50th share of the rent this way and get enough left to send a little to mexico and stay drunk on corona and blast stinkacheecheechee music until a few days layer when they need another day labor gig to continue the process.

But in any case, this is just adding to the tangent. The only true issue is national sovereignty not work ethic. I thought I would just add some real facts in to the tangent since it was already broached. I've lived around illegals in 4 major US cities so I know what they do.
RealAmerican

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

Judged:

MexicO's also tend to get away with not paying rent too, especially in NYC. If you are a black or white American, expect to get evicted. But if you are mexicO's people, judges will grant adjournment after adjournment, order to show cause after order to show cause, to help you enjoy free apartment space for as long as possible.
LOL

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2011

Judged:

Manny Bronx NY wrote:
Oscar you are obviously an ILLEGAL or have a mental disorder (Liberal). Italians Irish and Eastern Europeans etc. did not have Free Medical, Free Food, Free School AND PROGRAMS-FREE. That generation is long gone and they assimilated into society. This batch of ILLEGALS do not. They take, take ,take and want to change America to their likeness. they take no pride in even considering PRIDE IN BEING AMERICAN. The jobs that you are speaking of in restaurants are jobs that my sons, who are in college and are looking for part time work, can't get because they are being taken by the ILLEGALS who pay no taxes. Cry me a river when you get to the point where I am and pay about 40%+ in taxes here in NY. Oscar get a job (that you have to pay taxes), then we will listen to you. And yes there are to many Mexicans (the Illegal ones)
LOLOLOL. EVERY time someone like Oscar answers hate with historical facts (as in actual fact based evidence), the hateful people come back with another batch of ignorant, unsubstantiated personal opinions. I am glad you have your own views, but stick to a conversation you can handle.
RealAmerican

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Judged:

Manny Bronx NY responded just fine. "History" is just not a relevant topic. Let the mexicO's have a claim on US territory. It only underscores the fact that their presence here is an affront to the sovereignty and people of the United States. At least the mexicO's understand this is a war over territory. Sadly most Americans still are in the dark about this, but the mexicO's people understand it fully well.
El Mero Mero

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2011

Judged:

Were not going anywhere, prejudice pricks!!!! There's no fu#$in way yall are getting rid of any of us! Now change the fu%$in subject and get on with your lives...numb nuts!!!!
Observer

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2011

I happen to like the Mexican people from a general point of view, their music, their culture, the food is some of the best on the planet and for the most part its true that they are not lazy and take jobs that other people dont really want like working on farms or for landscaping business which is back breaking.
I dont think the issue is with Mexicans but more with any race Hispanic or otherwise who are "Illegal Aliens". Now when I see someone here who has been here 3-4 weeks, cant speak a word of English (yes, you live here, you learn the language)and drives a better car than me and yet has come here though channels that are illegal...that part bothers me.
RealAmerican

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2011

Judged:

Americans did all these jobs and plenty of them were done by teenagers part time. But mexico's people pack into apartments like sardines and some of them even live in tents in parks or sleep on elementary school lawns. So they basically bomb down the wages to the point where Americans cannot any longer survive on such jobs (unless they accept that the predominant living condition has become like mexico and themselves share an apartment with 60 other people)
RealAmerican

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2011

Judged:

As mexico's billions of spawl over the land and swarm into apartments, each shared with 60 of their kin, sleep on elementary school lawns or tents in parks, and bomb down wages in increasing types of occupations, another result is that less money fuels the US economy. Because more jobs are paying less and less, less money is spent on consumption in the USA. So this, in addition to the fact that the vastly overloaded surplus of laborers which is inherently required in a day labor economy shifts costs to the taxpayer and providers of health services, etc., is exactly the reason why the more mexico we get in the usa, the worse the economy gets.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Yonkers Forum right now

Search the Yonkers Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 11 min Why 6,273
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 18 hr none 6,182
Aurora mo. cop.having his sexual ways withmenta... (Sep '07) 22 hr Victoria 16
Worst Neighborhood in THE Bronx (Feb '10) Mon chinobx 182
The Mall (1988) (May '09) Apr 13 GINA BUCCAFUSCA 29
Justice Dept. investigating claims of Yonkers p... (Aug '07) Apr 12 Eddie 29
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Apr 12 Twillner 699
•••
•••

Yonkers News Video

•••
•••

Yonkers Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Yonkers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••