Mastic Beach Name Change

Posted in the Yaphank Forum

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
MB Neighbor

New York, NY

#1 Mar 11, 2010
I think we should consider once incorporated as it seems Mastic Beach will be that we change the name and give our town a fresh start without the stereotype that most of us would rather have forgotten. "Floyd Harbor" was a name being thrown around a few years ago. I would be all for it or any other name...anyone else?
whats in a name

Huntington, NY

#2 Mar 11, 2010
MB Neighbor wrote:
I think we should consider once incorporated as it seems Mastic Beach will be that we change the name and give our town a fresh start without the stereotype that most of us would rather have forgotten. "Floyd Harbor" was a name being thrown around a few years ago. I would be all for it or any other name...anyone else?
I figured we would just leave it at "the town of Mastic Beach" as it wont become a village.
Badtothebone

Deer Park, NY

#3 Mar 12, 2010
A very fitting name would be Spastic Beach!
No Name Change

Huntington Station, NY

#4 Mar 12, 2010
The Incorporated Village of Mastic Beach is fine with me. This name is historic, and should be preserved.

We will have a fresh start, once the village vote is decided.
fed up with infighting

Bronx, NY

#5 Mar 12, 2010
MB Neighbor wrote:
all "village people" want to discuss everything AFTER the vote. i think the time for discussion on all of these issues is BEFORE the vote. otherwise, how can we make an informed decision?

Since: Mar 10

Mastic Beach

#6 Mar 12, 2010
No Name Change wrote:
The Incorporated Village of Mastic Beach is fine with me. This name is historic, and should be preserved.
We will have a fresh start, once the village vote is decided.
I think just adding "Village of" will not be adequate enough to cleanse us of the stain that the name has upon it. This bad reputation obscures any historical significance that the town might have. Take a look at some of the more unsavory posts here (although ignorant)- the attitude most people have is that we are all poor trash, gang banging, drug dealing dregs on society. We are more then that and something as simple as a name change could help alleviate some of that stigma. I hardly tell people I live in Mastic Beach, I say I live near Smith Point Beach.
No Name Change

Huntington Station, NY

#7 Mar 12, 2010
It's a shame, not that we live in Mastic Beach, that we have to incorporate to govern ourselves. A name change is one opportunity, but this will have to wait until the dust is settled and we become a village.

I know we are more than THAT!. It took 200 volunteers to donate their time and hard work to get us closer to being our own village. I am hopeful that the village will take back all the bad reputation we have by doing code enforcement that has been the bane of our existence.
fed up with infighting

Bronx, NY

#8 Mar 12, 2010
No Name Change wrote:
It's a shame, not that we live in Mastic Beach, that we have to incorporate to govern ourselves. A name change is one opportunity, but this will have to wait until the dust is settled and we become a village.
I know we are more than THAT!. It took 200 volunteers to donate their time and hard work to get us closer to being our own village. I am hopeful that the village will take back all the bad reputation we have by doing code enforcement that has been the bane of our existence.
you say a village will solve all our problems

how about village of patchogue? village of bellport? village of hempstead? did being a village solve their problems??? think about it.
Hans Gruber

Bronx, NY

#9 Mar 12, 2010
Welcome to the Village of Mastic Beach sounds fine to me!
Proud Villager

Huntington Station, NY

#10 Mar 13, 2010
fed up with infighting wrote:
<quoted text>
you say a village will solve all our problems
how about village of patchogue? village of bellport? village of hempstead? did being a village solve their problems??? think about it.
Not every problem can be solved overnight. But I would love to be able to afford a house in the Village of Bellport. I believe the village control of zoning, housing, and code enforcement will bring up the quality of life in our town. This will be decided by the will of the people, all the registered voters should be able to decide, one way or the other.
fed up with infighting

Bronx, NY

#11 Mar 13, 2010
Proud Villager wrote:
<quoted text>
Not every problem can be solved overnight. But I would love to be able to afford a house in the Village of Bellport. I believe the village control of zoning, housing, and code enforcement will bring up the quality of life in our town. This will be decided by the will of the people, all the registered voters should be able to decide, one way or the other.
OVERNIGHT??? village of patchogue over 100 years.
village of hempstead over 50 years.
village of bellport - unaffordable taxes AND not very nice schools.

wow stellar examples
Wasting Time

Huntington Station, NY

#12 Mar 14, 2010
Village vote to be set soon, I can't wait to vote YES!
Badtothebone

Yorktown Heights, NY

#13 Mar 15, 2010
I still think Spastic Beach has a nice ring to it.
bigbadirving

Hicksville, NY

#14 Mar 15, 2010
Badtothebone wrote:
I still think Spastic Beach has a nice ring to it.
"Gayfortheboner" says what?
Badtothebone

Yorktown Heights, NY

#16 Mar 15, 2010
Hans Gruber wrote:
Welcome to the Village of Mastic Beach sounds fine to me!

How about "Welcome to the Village of Mastoid Beach?" Now that says something!
babyboy

Hicksville, NY

#17 Mar 18, 2010
Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
How about "Welcome to the Village of Mastoid Beach?" Now that says something!
how about you take the d*ck out of your mouth?

Since: Apr 09

Yorktown Heights, NY

#18 Mar 18, 2010
And yet another thread with Name calling and bone smuggling. We all live in the same town. After Brookhaven says yes or no we have a vote. Yes/NO it will all be decided. If its yes just give me the number for code enforcement. I have about 80 violations in my neighborhood to turn in. Unregistered cars, illegal rentals, God my boat has been sitting on the side of my driveway for three years. I want to turn myself in. The old lady next door has a bunch of them. She's 80 something on SS and single but lets fine her up the Kazoo. We gotta raise money for the new Mayors future salary. But seriously. Im in for the money. Lets clean up this town.
If its no than everyone just shut the hell up and let me finish my 21 foot planter that the feral cats my next door idiot feeds is pissing in.
Not Called for

Huntington Station, NY

#20 Mar 19, 2010
This is supposed to be an open discussion, why the negativity?

Since: Mar 10

Mastic Beach

#21 Mar 19, 2010
The whole point of this discussion is changing Mastic Beach's name - please people try to stay on topic.
read my lips no new taxes

Huntington, NY

#22 Mar 19, 2010
MB Neighbor wrote:
The whole point of this discussion is changing Mastic Beach's name - please people try to stay on topic.
Why was this topic even brought up? MB has not become a village, nor will it. There is no need to discuss a new name. Man, the MBVEC wont even have a debate to discuss the pros and cons of a village until a date is set for an election, and you are already talking about changing the name? Aren't you placing the wagon before the horse?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yaphank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matel's Unemployed Barbie Nurse Doll 8 min Really Brady 6
Cody Ford Should Go 25 min hoo doo you think... 41
nancy aka hoodo and her hate ( new horizons ) 1 hr hoo doo you think... 92
Review: Meineke Car Care Center 9 hr Bill 1
bad information 13 hr hodoo 8
News Suffolk police arrest three for selling alcohol... (Nov '10) Wed Make some booze 3
PCCA Clean Up Your Creek Wed hodoo 17
Yaphank Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Yaphank People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]