Mastic Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

Starting your campaign statement wishing for even more rentals in a village of struggling home owners. That's how you paint yourself as out of touch and UNELECTABLE.

"I knew from living in numerous transitional neighborhoods that Mastic Beach had all the potential in the world to RE-ESTABLISH ITSELF AS A PREMIER, THREE SEASON, VACATION, RECREATIONAL PARADISE. Twelve years later I STILL HAVE THE SAME PASSION AND VISION for our community."

You can't be out of touch with homeowners and hope to capture their votes. Neighborhoods gain STRENGTH OWNER OCCUPIED HOMES, not renters of any kind. Quality of Life does not equate to 3-season rentals. If this is priority number one, guess where homeowner issues lie? Out of touch, out of mind.
Wow what typical BS

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

We won't take any salaries!
A village will get rid of section 8 and sex offenders
A village will give YOU the residents more say in your government!
A village can function on 500,000 dollars a years
We will keep costs down by NOT making ANY purchases.

Yes, the current trustees are not to be trusted and should NOT be voted back in. Totally agree.
VOTE BRUCE AND MAURA
Say What

Mountain View, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

Uh, better take another look, that's Maura's vision and passion. I agree, no longer electable by her own words.
I believe Maura

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

Wow what typical BS wrote:
We won't take any salaries!
A village will get rid of section 8 and sex offenders
A village will give YOU the residents more say in your government!
A village can function on 500,000 dollars a years
We will keep costs down by NOT making ANY purchases.
Yes, the current trustees are not to be trusted and should NOT be voted back in. Totally agree.
VOTE BRUCE AND MAURA
I believe Maura when she says she wants summer party houses. No Thanks!
hoodo

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

Do you think people don't rent in the Hampton's or Shelter Island or Orient or Montauk or Belleport. There are renters and then there are renters. There are slumlords and there are landlords.The people in charge don't know how to market the area.You can't fix stupid.If we had the right people in place we would not be the slum we are and the place people only move to if they are desperate and need a place to live.Or need a good place to sell crack with out a problem or the government will pay for your house and cab fare.then Mastic Beach is your go to Getto . Bill and the board will welcome you with open arms.
wow

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

I would rather have nice summer renters all summer long that may throw a few parties than live next door to the drug dealer who owns his home and the sober house behind me that makes noise all night, everyday.
Hummmm, which would i want? The people who pay 10 grand a summer for a rental, or the sec 8 home that brings down my property value?
The village and their supporters don't get it!!!
Mauras idea is to bring quality summer renters not slums.

The villages idea is to get as many rental homes so they can fee, fine, fee, fine, fee, fine year after year to make money.
I'll go with with 'nice summer rentals' for the win Pat!
More Maura BS

Port Jefferson Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

Say What wrote:
Uh, better take another look, that's Maura's vision and passion. I agree, no longer electable by her own words.
"I started by attending the first meeting of Pattersquash Creek Civic Association and Mastic Beach Property Owners Association and tried to bridge the divide between the warring factions."

Bridge the divide? What crap. Maura embraced the divide. She spewed hate and hostility against the entire PCCA. She loved making war against them. It was sickening the way she spoke and acted. She's a DIVIDER, NOT A UNITER!

"Key writer of Forum Facts a newsletter sent to Residents identifying Proís and Conís of Village Incorporation;"

Yes she was and also spent MBPOA money to produce and mail it to every home!

Oh, and she forgot the most important thing - she was the main person behind the "NO VILLAGE" campaign that was also financed by the MBPOA.

Remember the red t-shirts and the red and white lawn signs? MAURA!

She's a DIVIDER, NOT A UNITER!

Vote NO to Maura and Bruce!
wow

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

More Maura BS wrote:
<quoted text>
"I started by attending the first meeting of Pattersquash Creek Civic Association and Mastic Beach Property Owners Association and tried to bridge the divide between the warring factions."
Bridge the divide? What crap. Maura embraced the divide. She spewed hate and hostility against the entire PCCA. She loved making war against them. It was sickening the way she spoke and acted. She's a DIVIDER, NOT A UNITER!
"Key writer of Forum Facts a newsletter sent to Residents identifying Proís and Conís of Village Incorporation;"
Yes she was and also spent MBPOA money to produce and mail it to every home!
Oh, and she forgot the most important thing - she was the main person behind the "NO VILLAGE" campaign that was also financed by the MBPOA.
Remember the red t-shirts and the red and white lawn signs? MAURA!
She's a DIVIDER, NOT A UNITER!
Vote NO to Maura and Bruce!
you re-writing what we have already read isn't really helping your cause. Yes she fought against the village. But we now have one. should we all just let the very people who lied to us control our lives with no say? No.
We are a village now so should i not have a voice in this government?
remember as it was stated many many time in the past. If we become a village, the very people who were AGAINST it can run for office. YOU voted for that!! So thank you. Instead of just letting Maura be a director and hang out in the MBPOA, YOU decided to allow her the RIGHT to run for office and rule over us!!! So thank you for that opportunity. So once again, its YOUR fault we have a village, and its YOUR fault if Maura is elected.
VOTE BRUCE AND MAURA 2014!!!
hoodo

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

More Maura BS . You are a sad and stupid human being. I am certain this person benefits from their relation ship with the village government.Most likely a family member.And scared yes you are afraid of Bruce and Maura. Bob and Gail are failures, Their Record is non existent they haven't done anything.Gail can't even get her house fixed. or her sons house or who ever it really belongs to.So don't expect she can help you. Bob he has done nothing but try to stay awake at the meetings. Bob was a union rep ask his men what that thought of his negotiation skills. They hate him. They say he sold them out.
MB Lover

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

wow wrote:
I would rather have nice summer renters all summer long that may throw a few parties than live next door to the drug dealer who owns his home and the sober house behind me that makes noise all night, everyday.
Hummmm, which would i want? The people who pay 10 grand a summer for a rental, or the sec 8 home that brings down my property value?
The village and their supporters don't get it!!!
Mauras idea is to bring quality summer renters not slums.
The villages idea is to get as many rental homes so they can fee, fine, fee, fine, fee, fine year after year to make money.
I'll go with with 'nice summer rentals' for the win Pat!
Who in their right mind would pay $10,000 to rent for the summer in the Village? Yes, you can get that amount and much more in the Hamptons because you have quality restaurants and shops to attract rentals. What do we have here? Until the economics of the Village improve you are not attracting anything but Section 8 and slum lords. The answer is before you can even think about turning the Village into a summer resort, you have to make it marketable and there has to be a reason people would want to rent here.
no name

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

You have more fast food restaurants in a 1/4 mile area than there are in the entire hamptons. That will be sure to bring in the winners! Face the facts, mastic is a dump and the people there are trash.

Everyone but you idiots thinks mastic and shirley are the same thing. Same trash, different trash bin. Rather than incorporating, you should change the name + kick out the white trash.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

I am Really BRADY, and I approve this message.

Ask anyone in the Hamptons if they like having summer party houses and you can bet the answer will be No. This is a big problem in Hampton Bays and the Town of Southampton as well.

Was Maura a supporter of the village movement. No! She was. Not involved in any of the process.

Did Maura attend any of the PCCA. Meetings...yes, but she did not continue once it became clear she could not stop the will of the people to form a village.

Did Maura know the MBPOA deed stated that they agreed to turn over the properties in the event that a village was formed...ask her.

The village organizers didn't even know that detail until well over a year in progress around the end of the census list. So, that was not an issue at all in the decision to try to be a village.

Now, I await the onslaught of people calling me a liar.
Tea Bag

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

Really Brady wrote:
I am Really BRADY, and I approve this message.
Ask anyone in the Hamptons if they like having summer party houses and you can bet the answer will be No. This is a big problem in Hampton Bays and the Town of Southampton as well.
Was Maura a supporter of the village movement. No! She was. Not involved in any of the process.
Did Maura attend any of the PCCA. Meetings...yes, but she did not continue once it became clear she could not stop the will of the people to form a village.
Did Maura know the MBPOA deed stated that they agreed to turn over the properties in the event that a village was formed...ask her.
The village organizers didn't even know that detail until well over a year in progress around the end of the census list. So, that was not an issue at all in the decision to try to be a village.
Now, I await the onslaught of people calling me a liar.
liar.
Evan Politico

Shoreham, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

If Mastic Beach cleans itself where would crack people get their rock Yo?

Since: Dec 07

Mastic Beach N.Y.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

no name wrote:
You have more fast food restaurants in a 1/4 mile area than there are in the entire hamptons. That will be sure to bring in the winners! Face the facts, mastic is a dump and the people there are trash.
Everyone but you idiots thinks mastic and shirley are the same thing. Same trash, different trash bin. Rather than incorporating, you should change the name + kick out the white trash.
Just to keep the facts straight, there is a total of zero fast food places within a quarter mile of Mastic Beach. In fact Southampton has more fast food places than Mastic Beach by a mile, I fail to see the correlation between fast food and labeling an area 'trash' per your assesment

Since: Dec 07

Mastic Beach N.Y.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

MB Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Who in their right mind would pay $10,000 to rent for the summer in the Village? Yes, you can get that amount and much more in the Hamptons because you have quality restaurants and shops to attract rentals. What do we have here? Until the economics of the Village improve you are not attracting anything but Section 8 and slum lords. The answer is before you can even think about turning the Village into a summer resort, you have to make it marketable and there has to be a reason people would want to rent here.
What slumlord in her right mind would rent for ten grand a season when they can easily get nearly twenty grand for section eight?(See what I did there ?) There are new, quality buisnesses opening up on Neighborhood to RAVE reviews by locals. This is and has always been a long process to improve this place. The momentum has tilted , Maura seeks to tip us back to oblivion with Suma hanging tightly to her flowing gray mane for his own, twisted personal glory
Victor zeleny

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

Sure there's fast food in mastic beach woopsing. It's right on wavecrest dr it's called barbaras kitchen. Oh no don't tell anyone because it's probably ILLEGAL
T O B

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

whoopsing wrote:
<quoted text> What slumlord in her right mind would rent for ten grand a season when they can easily get nearly twenty grand for section eight?(See what I did there ?) There are new, quality buisnesses opening up on Neighborhood to RAVE reviews by locals. This is and has always been a long process to improve this place. The momentum has tilted , Maura seeks to tip us back to oblivion with Suma hanging tightly to her flowing gray mane for his own, twisted personal glory
what? Maura has already wrote about how great the new meat market is on her blog. She's not against business opening on neighborhood rd.
I think you're being a little too dramatic there cupcake. I find it crazy that people are turning to Bruce and Maura to help solve the problems that MB has because of an inept group of people who want to play "government".

I can't wait to see who runs next year! And the year after that! You think this will ever end?
What's going to happen when the people from the POA are in charge later? Are you still going to want the village?

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

Want to see what Hampton Bay's thinks about party summer rentals...

http://westhampton-hamptonbays.patch.com/grou...
T O B

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

Really Brady wrote:
Want to see what Hampton Bay's thinks about party summer rentals...
http://westhampton-hamptonbays.patch.com/grou...
no. I want to hear what MBV residents think of our current trustees and the horrible job they are doing in playing government. I could care less what Hampton bay's think. I don't live in that government, I live in this cluster fcuk of a village.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Yaphank Discussions

Search the Yaphank Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Mastic Beach Cigar Shaped UFO 40 min Badtothebone 7
Why hasn't CHRIS PARSLEY been arrested? (Feb '13) 4 hr Chris parsley 3
bruce and maura are useless 5 hr Really Brady 44
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) 6 hr Dantheman 33
Mastic Beach Name Change (Mar '10) 7 hr Don Job 298
Suffolk Community College (Jul '13) 8 hr 13thgrade 4
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 10 hr College Professor 6,391
•••
•••

Yaphank News Video

•••
•••

Yaphank Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Yaphank People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE