Man shot during road rage incident, driver flees

Full story: Newsday

A bout of road rage turned violent Sunday night after two men confronted each other on a Yaphank roadside and one man pulled out a gun and shot the other in the leg, Suffolk police said.
Comments
1 - 20 of 68 Comments Last updated May 2, 2011
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Bull

Melville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

I don't buy it. Roadrage? How about drug deal gone wrong.
tax payer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

Old Field... driving a honda?
New York Groove

Stony Brook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Whatever happened to flipping some one the finger?.
critteratwork

Cincinnatus, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Sounds like a botched suicide attempt.
Grimm

Westhampton Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

If true, good thing they released his name for his attacker to track him down and finish the job.
goodbye to you

Baldwin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

sounds like another incomplete, confusing, not researched type of story, written by another top-notch newsday typer

“say what you mean...”

Since: Nov 07

and mean what you say.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Grimm wrote:
If true, good thing they released his name for his attacker to track him down and finish the job.
good point....crazy stuff.
Frank

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

With a name like William Intorcia I'm not buying this story.
Maggie

South Hackensack, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

How much more proof do the law makers need that only Police Officers should be allowed guns!!!! The saying goes, guns don't kill people, people kill people, HELLOOOOO - Guns can't shoot off themselves ya know!
Esteeben

Winchester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

first rule of Road Rage incidents...STAY IN YOUR CAR! Then you have the option of a speedy getaway if a nutjob is approaching your car w/a weapon...or running them over like a dog.:-)
Esteeben

Winchester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

Maggie wrote:
How much more proof do the law makers need that only Police Officers should be allowed guns!!!! The saying goes, guns don't kill people, people kill people, HELLOOOOO - Guns can't shoot off themselves ya know!
Maggie, thousands of law-abiding citizens own guns, its the few animals/criminals who do all the shooting!

Will we outlaw cars next, to outlaw DWI? Get a grip...
KirkHere

Hempstead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Maggie wrote:
Read the Second Ammendment. We have a right to own guns.
As to your comment "guns don't kill people, people kill people, HELLOOOOO" that is just plain silly.

There is huge inventory of inanimate objects that you can use to kill someone. A gun is just one of those many objects.

However most important is that a gun can also prevent someone from killing you. Trust me I personally know that.
SLAP CHOP

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

Maggie wrote:
Legal gun owners have Stopped criminals who try to do home invasions or armed robberies of businesses in my area.'My area' meaning the city of Charlotte and the surrounding counties, which comes to a good size area. In the 18 months of living here there had to be a dozen instances of savages shot and or killed by LEGAL gun owners protecting their homes or business. The more rural the area the more proactive the residents.
John

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

Maggie wrote:
As passionately as you feel about this, so too do gun-owners feel just as passionately about their 2nd Amendment rights, and they're not about to relinquish those rights.
While I don't believe that the situation would have been helped if the Civic driver had been similarly armed and therefore "able-to-protect-himself " as the common pro-NRA lines read, I also don't think that trying to ban guns altogether is going to be a feasible plan. The NRA and similar groups have a great deal of political power,(as I've said before, close to half of the country are supporters)and they're not just going to go along with the proposition of what they see as "Taking-away-law-abiding- citizen's-right-to-bear-arms. "
They mean it when they say: "From My Cold Dead Hands."
Also, as I've stated on previous threads, I don't think it's a good idea for one side to own all the guns.
I'm not sure what the "right" answer is to the problem of gun violence in this country, but I am convinced that banning all guns isn't going to work the way those who propose it believe it will.
KirkHere

Hempstead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

If an agrressive driver is near you the best rersponse is to totally avoid them. Let them pass. Do not react to their aggressiveness.

Pulling over and telling an aggressive person to get out of their auto for a confrontation is not going to lessen their agrressiveness. They are already out of control.

Best bet is for you to maintain control and make the rational decision to get away from them. Let them go and then simply finish your trip. Avoid eye contact as they pass. Say nothing to them. No gestures.

Why inj God's name confront these crazy people with a driver's license?

Hate to say it but the guy who got himself shot here is as responsible for his injury as the man who shot him.

He is also lucky to be alive.
Loyal Democrat

Wantagh, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Maggie wrote:
Of course, that would make things easy... we would know the shooter is a cop.
KirkHere

Hempstead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

John wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it's a good idea for one side to own all the guns.
I'm not sure what the "right" answer is to the problem of gun violence in this country, but I am convinced that banning all guns isn't going to work the way those who propose it believe it will.
This is an easy one John. Anyone carrying an illegaql gun is half way to committing murder. Therefore the sentence for casrrying an illegal, gun should be half of what a person receives for murder.

12 1/2 years in prison.

The threat of a year in prison to a crimminal is no threat at all. That is why the proliferation of illegal handguns continues in this nation.
BILL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

John wrote:
<quoted text>
As passionately as you feel about this, so too do gun-owners feel just as passionately about their 2nd Amendment rights, and they're not about to relinquish those rights.
While I don't believe that the situation would have been helped if the Civic driver had been similarly armed and therefore "able-to-protect-himself " as the common pro-NRA lines read, I also don't think that trying to ban guns altogether is going to be a feasible plan. The NRA and similar groups have a great deal of political power,(as I've said before, close to half of the country are supporters)and they're not just going to go along with the proposition of what they see as "Taking-away-law-abiding- citizen's-right-to-bear-arms. "
They mean it when they say: "From My Cold Dead Hands."
Also, as I've stated on previous threads, I don't think it's a good idea for one side to own all the guns.
Of course you do have a right to protect yourself, but saying that seems like a hypocritcal response seeing that this country was founded on violence from the Revolutionary War to the slaying of the original inhabitants, as well as yourselves ie quickest draw,to the near extinction of the American Buffalo,So you have the right to own a gun as long as you use it to place it to your temple and forget your problems.

“say what you mean...”

Since: Nov 07

and mean what you say.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Esteeben wrote:
first rule of Road Rage incidents...STAY IN YOUR CAR! Then you have the option of a speedy getaway if a nutjob is approaching your car w/a weapon...or running them over like a dog.:-)
another good rule my father taught me is to never allow yourself to be "boxed in" by another car...this also leaves you room to back over them (if need be.)

Since: Oct 08

Long Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

Bull wrote:
I don't buy it. Roadrage? How about drug deal gone wrong.
...or, it can also be a very angry loaner out to get his debtor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Yaphank Discussions

Search the Yaphank Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why hasn't CHRIS PARSLEY been arrested? (Feb '13) 3 hr Chris parsley 3
bruce and maura are useless 4 hr Really Brady 44
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) 4 hr Dantheman 33
Mastic Beach Name Change (Mar '10) 6 hr Don Job 298
Suffolk Community College (Jul '13) 7 hr 13thgrade 4
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 9 hr College Professor 6,391
Giant Garage Sale 15 hr Jose Revira 19
•••
•••

Yaphank News Video

•••
•••

Yaphank Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Yaphank People Search