Snow Plowing in Mastic Beach

Posted in the Yaphank Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Frosty

Mastic, NY

#1 Dec 11, 2013
Does anyone know how this is being handled this season? I don't recall seeing any notices to hire contractors.
Evan Politico

Shoreham, NY

#2 Dec 11, 2013
Garys cousins Yo!
Sandman

New York, NY

#3 Dec 12, 2013
Yup. Gary's family and friends will be doing it at time and a half pay rate. If you're a friend of Gary's and you have a truck, you've got a job!
Proud MASTIC BEACHER

Moriches, NY

#4 Dec 12, 2013
I don't care who does, who they might be related or how they do it. As long as it is done as well as it was last time.
Sandman

New York, NY

#5 Dec 12, 2013
Proud MASTIC BEACHER wrote:
I don't care who does, who they might be related or how they do it. As long as it is done as well as it was last time.
yeah, why should a layer of government abide by the law. NO BID CONTRACTS FOR EVERYONE!!!!(Well, family members only, you know what I mean)
Proud MASTIC BEACHER

Moriches, NY

#6 Dec 12, 2013
Sandman wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, why should a layer of government abide by the law. NO BID CONTRACTS FOR EVERYONE!!!!(Well, family members only, you know what I mean)
Bids went out you (_!_)
Brucesnuts

Shirley, NY

#7 Dec 12, 2013
Sandman wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, why should a layer of government abide by the law. NO BID CONTRACTS FOR EVERYONE!!!!(Well, family members only, you know what I mean)
Bald men need not apply
Sandman

New York, NY

#8 Dec 12, 2013
Proud MASTIC BEACHER wrote:
<quoted text>
Bids went out you (_!_)
yeah, whatever. Tic tock. Enjoy the corruption while you can. Get those dollars while your buddies are still around.
Sandman

New York, NY

#9 Dec 12, 2013
Brucesnuts wrote:
<quoted text>Bald men need not apply
only over-weight, under-educated need apply. That's all we hire in MBV.
Brady

Shirley, NY

#10 Dec 12, 2013
Funny how these threads came out at the same time as the Mastic Beach News was released. NEWS is supposed to be fact, while editorial can be opinion. The writer, whom I would call a reporter if She listed her name on a byline or as the editor, should also disclose she is a self-declared candidate for trustee. I say that because reporters are supposed to be unbiased.

And finally, I think it is a bit presumptuous to have a poll for the election to be held in 2014, when there have not even been any formal announcements of who is running.
Sandman

New York, NY

#11 Dec 12, 2013
Brady wrote:
Funny how these threads came out at the same time as the Mastic Beach News was released. NEWS is supposed to be fact, while editorial can be opinion. The writer, whom I would call a reporter if She listed her name on a byline or as the editor, should also disclose she is a self-declared candidate for trustee. I say that because reporters are supposed to be unbiased.
And finally, I think it is a bit presumptuous to have a poll for the election to be held in 2014, when there have not even been any formal announcements of who is running.
and a village news letter should not spend tax dollars bashing a CIVIC group that has no power in the village. We all know the BLOG that Maura puts out is opinions, but we also know that the village puts out bullsh!t newsletters and calls it facts. Get a clue. The difference is Maura and Bruce spend their OWN money and writes a blog, where as my TAX dollars goes to that BS news letter filled with "facts". But of course, you're too clueless to realize that.
Brady

Shirley, NY

#12 Dec 12, 2013
Again you just can't disagree with me without being insulting. It shows you are an angry person. I am also very interested in what the settlement offer being made by the MBPOA entails. One thing I learned from experience, when a case is going against you, it's time to negotiate. Hit me!
Sandman

New York, NY

#13 Dec 12, 2013
Brady wrote:
Again you just can't disagree with me without being insulting. It shows you are an angry person. I am also very interested in what the settlement offer being made by the MBPOA entails. One thing I learned from experience, when a case is going against you, it's time to negotiate. Hit me!
typical Brady. Calling people angry and shying away from the truth. I'm not insulting you by calling you clueless, but you're too clueless to realize that.
How many plow drivers belonged to the MBVEC and are family members of Gary? I do believe all of them are either members of Gary family or ex MBVEC members. But you keep defending the rampant nepotism and corruption.
Evan Politico

Shoreham, NY

#14 Dec 12, 2013
Life in Mastic sure is hell I gotz trees on my fence posts so da peeps don't smell

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#15 Dec 13, 2013
Sandman wrote:
<quoted text>typical Brady. Calling people angry and shying away from the truth. I'm not insulting you by calling you clueless, but you're too clueless to realize that.
How many plow drivers belonged to the MBVEC and are family members of Gary? I do believe all of them are either members of Gary family or ex MBVEC members. But you keep defending the rampant nepotism and corruption.
Being a member of MBVEC, which disbanded upon the successful village incorporation, does not bar a person from being a contractor or employee. Bids went out, and anyone who applied that also had the proper equipment and insurance would be given consideration. You seem to think everyone who supported the village has some kind of FOV (friend of village) card that gives them preference.

And yes, I did call you angry. You can't post a reply to me without calling me clueless, or some other insult. If I am wrong, prove it. If you are right, prove it.

And I love the new Village Code Enforcement Swat Truck.
Frosty

Hicksville, NY

#16 Dec 13, 2013
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Being a member of MBVEC, which disbanded upon the successful village incorporation, does not bar a person from being a contractor or employee. Bids went out, and anyone who applied that also had the proper equipment and insurance would be given consideration. You seem to think everyone who supported the village has some kind of FOV (friend of village) card that gives them preference.
And yes, I did call you angry. You can't post a reply to me without calling me clueless, or some other insult. If I am wrong, prove it. If you are right, prove it.
And I love the new Village Code Enforcement Swat Truck.
Please let me know when and where the rfp for snow plowing was posted. I personally called them for the past several months and was told they were still working on it.
Brady

Shirley, NY

#17 Dec 13, 2013
Frosty wrote:
<quoted text>
Please let me know when and where the rfp for snow plowing was posted. I personally called them for the past several months and was told they were still working on it.
i do not know if there was an RFP or just an agenda item for an announcement for interested snow removal contractors to apply.
Thanks good point

New York, NY

#18 Dec 13, 2013
Frosty wrote:
<quoted text>
Please let me know when and where the rfp for snow plowing was posted. I personally called them for the past several months and was told they were still working on it.
i believe the only call placed was Gary to his nephew. If you're not family, there's no jobs for you. Try next year, things will be different then.
Skippy

Mastic Beach, NY

#19 Dec 13, 2013
Proud MASTIC BEACHER wrote:
I don't care who does, who they might be related or how they do it. As long as it is done as well as it was last time.
That is the bottom line, isn't it? If it's getting done for the best price, and is done well, who cares who is doing it? They did a great job last winter, second to none.
Badtothebone

Shirley, NY

#20 Dec 14, 2013
Who's he woman I saw last year driving a pickup with the plow down on dry pavement creating sparks? She kept going up and down the block doing nothing!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yaphank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vodka Vic to hold fund raiser 3 hr wrong again 12
MBPOA Law suit 3 hr wrong again 102
Village doing Board Ups? 11 hr hoodo 3
Solar farm in shoreham Sat Rollo 1
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) Sat Tom 337
Sewer Systems Sat Jack Rooby 13
Poospatuck Unketchaug Reservation Close Smoke S... (May '11) Sat hoodo 18

Yaphank News Video

Yaphank Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Yaphank People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Yaphank News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Yaphank

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:40 pm PST

Bleacher Report 3:40PM
Buzz: Jets' New GM Will Decide Rex Ryan's Future
Bleacher Report 3:53 PM
Grading New York's Positional Units in Week 17
Bleacher Report 4:23 PM
Is Beckham Already a Top-5 WR?
Bleacher Report 4:23 PM
Takeaways from Giants 2014 Season
ESPN 8:35 PM
Jets to fire Idzik, Ryan on Monday, sources say