Insula Dome Skylights going out of business?

Posted in the Yaphank Forum

Sign of the times

Ansonia, CT

#1 Jul 18, 2011
I recently heard that Insula Dome Skylights on Horse Block Rd. is going out of business? Has anyone heard any news of this? Sad to see another local business buckle under the worsening economy.
Sam

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jul 20, 2011
Yes, it's true..they are currently looking for a buyer and it looks like they will shut their doors next week if they don't find one.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Jul 21, 2011
The bad economy doesn't help Insula Dome and other businesses in NYS, but at the heart of their troubles, is the fact that New York State residents are the MOST regulated by Laws...especially businesses !

New Jersey and New York Ranked as Worst States for "Individual Freedoms

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/hampshire-sout...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Jul 21, 2011
"New York was ranked dead last in part because it has the highest taxes in the country, including those on property, selective sales, individual income and corporate-income, according to the report. They cited New York's spending on "other and unallocable" expenses, including public welfare, hospitals, electric power, transit, and employee retirement, as another reason for its ranking."

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/hampshire-sout...
Homeowner

White Plains, NY

#5 Sep 14, 2012
Insuladome's problems have nothing to do with taxes or regulations. They sold a line of skylights that were defective and had to replace nearly every one. They developed a reputation for horrible service and treated their distributors and customers poorly. They apparently also over-expanded by buying a skylight motor company.

try considering the facts before you get on your soapbox
Contractor

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Feb 4, 2013
I installed Insuladome skylights on mine and client's homes. I found them to be well-made and reliable products. I liked them better than Velux, which I saw leaking everywhere I found installations of them; I had good customer service from them. I'm sorry that they are out of business. One or two miserable, vindictive on-line kvetches do not a bad product make.
Joe

Staten Island, NY

#7 Apr 12, 2013
All 3 of my Insula-domes leak, and one of them crack in several spots. im looking for a replacement dome to replace w/o putting in a new skylight, did anyone take over insula-dome, do they still make dome to fit/replace?
Steve Swansen

Glen Cove, NY

#8 May 25, 2013
Joe wrote:
All 3 of my Insula-domes leak, and one of them crack in several spots. im looking for a replacement dome to replace w/o putting in a new skylight, did anyone take over insula-dome, do they still make dome to fit/replace?
I used Supreme Skylights to replace my Insladome skylights a few years ago. The staff was helpful and the skylights work great. My contractor purchased them from ABC Supply but I'm sure there is a distributor by you also.
Edna

Ridge, NY

#13 Oct 22, 2013
Homeowner wrote:
Insuladome's problems have nothing to do with taxes or regulations. They sold a line of skylights that were defective and had to replace nearly every one. They developed a reputation for horrible service and treated their distributors and customers poorly. They apparently also over-expanded by buying a skylight motor company.
try considering the facts before you get on your soapbox
You know nothing about the facts cause they didnt purchase a motor company at all

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yaphank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Italian men so short? (Jul '11) 15 min henu 43
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 16 min henu 6,429
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) 49 min JAYTHEMAN 207
Meeting was a Joke 1 hr hoo doo you think... 29
you left your dog behind 6 hr Mary tienken 4
bruce likes banana and fudge 12 hr Sunshine 4
Who is Arty Price 18 hr Cher 1
•••

Yaphank News Video

•••
•••

Yaphank Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000