DEC calls off sludge dumping at Yaphank landfill

There are 6 comments on the North Shore Sun story from Mar 25, 2011, titled DEC calls off sludge dumping at Yaphank landfill. In it, North Shore Sun reports that:

State officials announced Friday they will no longer allow Brookhaven Town to accept non-hazardous sludge at its Yaphank Landfill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Shore Sun.

Yappy Yaphanks

Woodhaven, NY

#1 Mar 26, 2011
Bellport the Little sister to MASTIC & SHIRLEY I could not thing of a more appropiate place to deliver SEWAGE SLUDGE then this place the smell has been their for years the stink travels through Shirley and Mastic and no one has complained for years.We think they like the odor in this Trailer Park Trash community.
Mastic Resident

New York, NY

#2 Mar 27, 2011
I cannot belive they dump Sewage in the Landfill, I can smell it all the way in to Mastic and off the LIE near Shirley the smell follows you. Great work Brookhaven now mastic and Shirleys got the dump on our backs.

“starting to wake up”

Since: Apr 09

brookhaven ny

#3 Mar 27, 2011
you mean clone
Brookhaven

New York, NY

#4 Mar 27, 2011
The smell and toix dust and toxic plume goes in to the area water supply mixes with toxins from the brookhaven lab and it is one big cancer cluster and Ghetto land for morons after that.
Brookhaven

New York, NY

#5 Mar 27, 2011
Who lives near a LandFill?

You would have to be a Savage Animal to live near a landfill? Mastoids my Cat does not even go in a dirt cat box, you live near one everyday?

Shirley is another town filled with morons emagine the cancer cluster around brookhaven lab and this Landfill?
Mastic

Bellmore, NY

#6 Mar 30, 2011
As Brookhaven officials search for a way to plug a $3.5-million hole in the town's budget caused by the loss of a permit to accept sludge into the municipal landfill, angry residents are calling for the closure of the facility altogether.

Mastic and shirley residents like the landfill and the smell.

The state took away Brookhaven's permit to accept sludge at the Yaphank landfill after dozens of students and teachers at a Bellport intermediate school...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yaphank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trustee Anderson should come clean 25 min sheesh 47
Betty and Ann should WAKE UP 39 min sheesh 42
big bill from Bills all all American has died 4 hr Victor zeleny 1
Gary Stiriz Criticized 11 hr hoo doo you think... 47
What do you call 32 child molesters living in a... Sat Evan Politico 1
News Two dead in Mastic Beach murder-suicide (May '07) Fri Evan Politico 152
More ridiculous Rules (Apr '12) May 1 Beach Man 116
More from around the web

Yaphank People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE