Boycott the Issues with MBV Facebook ...

Boycott the Issues with MBV Facebook Page

Posted in the Yaphank Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Ignore Them and Boycott

Mastic, NY

#1 Apr 13, 2014
The anonymous people who run this Facebook page are out of control. They anonymously endorsed Maura and Bruce for office and complained about the Village not allowing postings on their Facebook page - AND THEY'RE DOING THE SAME THING.

Maura and Bruce continue to use and post on this page to communicate with people and complain about the village in very derogatory ways. They are Trustees now, and should not be using anonymous pages to continue their attacks on the rest of the Board and this Village. If they have complaints - let them voice them at the meetings where the other trustees can defend themselves.

READ HOW NASTY THIS PAGE CAN BE - BOYCOTT THIS PAGE AND REMOVE THEM FROM YOUR FRIEND LIST:

Issues with Mastic Beach Village:
"Karen xxxxxx, I deleted a message because at times you are rude, you babble and talk nasty about business owners on Main Street. It's Mastic Beach Village, not Karen xxxxxxx Village........If you don't like us or this page remove yourself from it. We make it a free forum for all to post freely and feel no need to argue or defend my actions to you or anyone. If you continue being rude you will be banned."
29 minutes ago

"As far as knowing who we are, firstly you think you do, second, who cares! We have no fear of anyone and it really does not matter. The page is for all of us to express our issues and concerns and many have utilized this. We are here for the long haul, get used to it lady."
24 minutes ago

HEY ISSUES, IF YOU DO NOT FEAR ANYONE, THEN WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AN ANONYMOUS PAGE?

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#2 Apr 13, 2014
"As far as knowing who we are, firstly you think you do, second, who cares! We have no fear of anyone and it really does not matter. The page is for all of us to express our issues and concerns and many have utilized this. We are here for the long haul, get used to it lady."

The last sentence says it all...get used to it. The same phrase thrown around almost every negative post by our neighbor with the East Moriches location.

I do not blame the village officials for not responding to annonomous Facebook rants. It is getting clearer that one person is behind all this negativity and She is good friends with Maura.

I object to Maura and Bruce posting on this Facebook page since they are fully aware of the author of this page. In their official capacity, they should maintain a dignified presence on the internet while not projecting their own views as the views of the village.

If they want to receive feedback from residents, it should be on an official village email account which must be retained and is public information. They want open transparency, and so do I.
I Agree

Mastic, NY

#3 Apr 13, 2014
Maura and Bruce should not be posting on an anonymous page and they probably do know who it is.

It's unbelievable. Anyone who goes on that page and speaks in favor of the village or criticizes the administrator get's attacked.

This page is being used by Maura and Bruce as Trustees and they are encouraging others to use it. All while knowing it is biased against the Village and run by an anonymous person or group of persons favorable to them.

BOYCOTT THE ISSUES WITH MASTIC BEACH FACEBOOK PAGE!
First Amendment

Savannah, GA

#4 Apr 13, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
In their official capacity, they should maintain a dignified presence on the internet while not projecting their own views as the views of the village.
Vies of the village? They represent the taxpayers and voters of the village. They are our voice.

They DO have the constitutional right under the first amendment to voice their opinion.
Why

East Moriches, NY

#5 Apr 13, 2014
First Amendment wrote:
<quoted text>Vies of the village? They represent the taxpayers and voters of the village. They are our voice.
They DO have the constitutional right under the first amendment to voice their opinion.
not in MBV. Apparently, were the Soviet Union now.
Freedom Of Speech

Mastic, NY

#6 Apr 13, 2014
Yes, people should be free to say whatever they want without feeling they will be attacked and belittled for what they say. Especially, by an anonymous person or persons who refuse to reveal themselves. Issues complains about others being disrespectful and they do the same thing to others.

Mr Anonymous:
"Karen xxxxxx, I deleted a message because at times you are rude, you babble and talk nasty about business owners on Main Street......If you don't like us or this page remove yourself from it. We make it a free forum for all to post freely and feel no need to argue or defend my actions to you or anyone. If you continue being rude you will be banned."

What does Mr. Anonymous do? He talks nasty to people and talks badly about village supporters. This is America and if Karen xxxxxx wants to say something, it's her right to do so without being threatened with banishment.

Why do Maura and Bruce have to rely on an anonymous Facebook Page that constantly criticizes the village? And they go on there making snide comments about the sanity of the Board and openly criticizing them. Let our new Trustees do that at their Village meetings right to the face of their fellow Board members.

Location hidden

#7 Apr 14, 2014
Freedom Of Speech wrote:
Yes, people should be free to say whatever they want without feeling they will be attacked and belittled for what they say. Especially, by an anonymous person or persons who refuse to reveal themselves. Issues complains about others being disrespectful and they do the same thing to others.
Mr Anonymous:
"Karen xxxxxx, I deleted a message because at times you are rude, you babble and talk nasty about business owners on Main Street......If you don't like us or this page remove yourself from it. We make it a free forum for all to post freely and feel no need to argue or defend my actions to you or anyone. If you continue being rude you will be banned."
What does Mr. Anonymous do? He talks nasty to people and talks badly about village supporters. This is America and if Karen xxxxxx wants to say something, it's her right to do so without being threatened with banishment.
Why do Maura and Bruce have to rely on an anonymous Facebook Page that constantly criticizes the village? And they go on there making snide comments about the sanity of the Board and openly criticizing them. Let our new Trustees do that at their Village meetings right to the face of their fellow Board members.
Open and Honest....ring a bell?

Any taxpayer in MBV should be able to contact their elected officials, via official email. This way, the response will be an offical village response, not someones opinion. All emails to the village should be retained for future reference. They are elected officials now. They are no longer private citizens. They have First Amendment rights, but they must distinguish their beliefs from those of the Village.

The Facebook page, as well as any comments sent to either Bruce or Maura are edited by them. They have the power of repressing what others have written. That's fine for a blog, but not for a governmental official.

I also encourage everyone to Boycott the Issues with Mastic beach Village Facebook page, at least until the editor identifies themselves.
Public Response

Mastic Beach, NY

#8 Apr 14, 2014
Let all board members respond at public meetings to all concerns so everyone can hear. Meetings should be recorded and publicized for everyone that lives here. We need to know how each board member addresses issues. That's important for future elections. Only some people see websites.
Agree

Mastic Beach, NY

#9 Apr 14, 2014
Public Response wrote:
Let all board members respond at public meetings to all concerns so everyone can hear. Meetings should be recorded and publicized for everyone that lives here. We need to know how each board member addresses issues. That's important for future elections. Only some people see websites.
Let workings be open, not behind closed doors.
First Amendment

Savannah, GA

#10 Apr 14, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>All emails to the village should be retained for future reference.
Retained for future reference, kind of like the minutes of all the village meetings being retained on the official website?

Funny thing is, that several years of the minutse were deleted from the website 2 weeks ago, just before election time.

So much for 'future reference'.
First Amendment

Savannah, GA

#11 Apr 14, 2014
Freedom Of Speech wrote:
This is America and if Karen xxxxxx wants to say something, it's her right to do so without being threatened with banishment.
Karen has the same rights to create her own website/blog/facebook page.

Just like I couldnt go to lets say hypothetically Mayor Bills house and call him an asshole. It is his house and he could have me removed if I did. Now, I could do it in a public place and get away with it.

Same thing for a website, if I create a website, it is my own, and I can control what happens with it, similar to a newspaper, I foot the bill, I can do what I want just like a newspaper controls what it wants to publish.

Funny thing is, that it seems as if that facebook page was mainly created because the official village website was selectively deleting complaints that mad the officials look bad. Funny how the village supporters dont like the same game when it is turned around back on them.

Location hidden

#12 Apr 14, 2014
First Amendment wrote:
<quoted text>
Karen has the same rights to create her own website/blog/facebook page.
Just like I couldnt go to lets say hypothetically Mayor Bills house and call him an asshole. It is his house and he could have me removed if I did. Now, I could do it in a public place and get away with it.
Same thing for a website, if I create a website, it is my own, and I can control what happens with it, similar to a newspaper, I foot the bill, I can do what I want just like a newspaper controls what it wants to publish.
Funny thing is, that it seems as if that facebook page was mainly created because the official village website was selectively deleting complaints that mad the officials look bad. Funny how the village supporters dont like the same game when it is turned around back on them.
Well Sandy, you didn't read what I wrote or just didn't want to understand it...

"The Facebook page, as well as any comments sent to either Bruce or Maura are edited by them. They have the power of repressing what others have written. That's fine for a blog, but not for a governmental official."

I want people to complain to an official village website email so the reply can be FOIL'd to ensure our electeds are being transparent. I don't want the elected officials to be answering village official business on private email or blogs. I believe there may be an ethics violation so let's clean it up before it happens.
First Amendment

Savannah, GA

#13 Apr 14, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Well Sandy, you didn't read what I wrote or just didn't want to understand it...
I did not respond to you I was responding to the person whom I quoted.
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>
I want people to complain to an official village website email so the reply can be FOIL'd to ensure our electeds are being transparent.
Foil'd and the village is two words that they just cant seem to put together.
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>I believe there may be an ethics violation so let's clean it up before it happens.
Ethics violations started years ago when no-bid contracts were given to the deputy mayors family members. that was just the start of it.
Why

East Moriches, NY

#14 Apr 14, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Well Sandy, you didn't read what I wrote or just didn't want to understand it...
"The Facebook page, as well as any comments sent to either Bruce or Maura are edited by them. They have the power of repressing what others have written. That's fine for a blog, but not for a governmental official."
I want people to complain to an official village website email so the reply can be FOIL'd to ensure our electeds are being transparent. I don't want the elected officials to be answering village official business on private email or blogs. I believe there may be an ethics violation so let's clean it up before it happens.
the thing is, the village doesn't give the information when foiled. Tried it with no luck. Now, that's against State Law, but I guess the "village" doesn't care about state law. Funny how they were so concerned with proper procedure when the county was trying to remove a blighted home and miss-filed the paper work, but yet can't follow proper procedure when it comes to handing out information to the residents of MBV. Why is that?

Location hidden

#15 Apr 14, 2014
Why wrote:
<quoted text>the thing is, the village doesn't give the information when foiled. Tried it with no luck. Now, that's against State Law, but I guess the "village" doesn't care about state law. Funny how they were so concerned with proper procedure when the county was trying to remove a blighted home and miss-filed the paper work, but yet can't follow proper procedure when it comes to handing out information to the residents of MBV. Why is that?
useless ..
WHY cant brady read

East Moriches, NY

#16 Apr 14, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>useless ..
unless what? why doesn't the village give the residents the information from a foil? you say we should foil instead of posting questions to a wed site. I say WHY?
also, why does the village only care about procedure when its NOT them who needs to follow the law? defend the crooks all you want. we all know whats going on and who will be voted out next election.
Boycott Issues FB Page

Mastic, NY

#17 Apr 14, 2014
I believe that the administrators of this anonymous Facebook page are friends of Bruce and Maura. One of them may even be the infamous hoodo.

Where in any political campaign are candidates endorsed by an anonymous organization, accept that endorsement and then encourage people to use this anonymous organization to rally support for their political positions.

This FB page is as bogus as they get and EVERYONE SHOULD BOYCOTT IT AND IGNORE THE BIASED POSTERS THAT USE IT REGULARLY, INCLUDING BRUCE AND MAURA.
Foil it

Mastic Beach, NY

#18 Apr 14, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>
I want people to complain to an official village website email so the reply can be FOIL'd to ensure our electeds are being transparent..
If our electeds are being transparent, a FOIL shouldn't be necessary to begin with.
Why

East Moriches, NY

#19 Apr 14, 2014
Boycott Issues FB Page wrote:
I believe that the administrators of this anonymous Facebook page are friends of Bruce and Maura. One of them may even be the infamous hoodo.
Where in any political campaign are candidates endorsed by an anonymous organization, accept that endorsement and then encourage people to use this anonymous organization to rally support for their political positions.
This FB page is as bogus as they get and EVERYONE SHOULD BOYCOTT IT AND IGNORE THE BIASED POSTERS THAT USE IT REGULARLY, INCLUDING BRUCE AND MAURA.
who cares?why doesn't OUR elected officials give the information from foils? ITS STATE LAW!
Why do you believe our village trustees are above STATE LAW?
You're ready to out law and boycott a web site, but have no problem with a layer of government NOT following state law. Are you serious?

Location hidden

#20 Apr 15, 2014
WHY cant brady read wrote:
<quoted text>unless what? why doesn't the village give the residents the information from a foil? you say we should foil instead of posting questions to a wed site. I say WHY?
also, why does the village only care about procedure when its NOT them who needs to follow the law? defend the crooks all you want. we all know whats going on and who will be voted out next election.
I think YOU can't read....U-S-E-L-E-S-S not unless.

I should have not mentioned the obvious ethics issue of a seated board member maintaining contact with an "anonomous attack blog" or continuing to solicit campaign contributions after the election.

I never said to FOIL instead of posting questions. I am a believer in internal controls, record keeping and that includes all official communications via email.

If you want information from the village, you usually need to submit a VALID FOIA request. Not all info or documents are subject to disclosure. There are other remedies for FOILs that are not answered in the event a request is denied.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yaphank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Watch Dog 2 hr Really Brady 8
Paradise Lost! 21 hr Betty Go Home 30
another thrift shop Mon The End is Near 7
Splice T Considers Name Change Aug 1 Unknown 2
Is Betty the new Bruce? Jul 31 So so so tired of... 52
Does anyone remember.......... (Jan '11) Jul 30 Splice T 78
New Mastic Beach Drug House Jul 30 Splice T 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Yaphank Mortgages