Clashes in rival towns kill 22 in wes...

Clashes in rival towns kill 22 in western Libya

There are 37 comments on the KNDU story from Apr 3, 2012, titled Clashes in rival towns kill 22 in western Libya. In it, KNDU reports that:

Militias from rival towns in western Libya battled each other with tanks and artillery on Tuesday in fierce fighting that killed at least 22 people, local officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNDU.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Observer

Brégnier-cordon, France

#21 Apr 4, 2012
kiwi wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
..Libyan authorities decided to adopt strong measures applicable to all air carriers licensed in Libya, which exclude them from flying into the EU until at least November 2012...
It wasn´t EU decision. Libyan airlines are not at the official black list.
Sorry, there must be a communication problem, I just could not comprehend your comments. Could you give the reference? The one you gave is clear: Europe banned Libyan Ailines from flying into Europe , it does not give any reference to Libyan Authority action!
kiwi

Frenstat, Czech Republic

#22 Apr 4, 2012
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, there must be a communication problem, I just could not comprehend your comments. Could you give the reference? The one you gave is clear: Europe banned Libyan Ailines from flying into Europe , it does not give any reference to Libyan Authority action!
EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency keeps a list of banned operators due to many ( mostly technical) safety reasons. Libyan Ministry of Transport of Libya ( if such authority exists) had to admit safety concerns are so high it is better to stop all operations. This decision rows Libya to Congo and other too corrupted or even failed countries. And again it were European rules not European authority to set up this ban. Libya is officialy not at that list.
Observer

Villeneuve-loubet, France

#23 Apr 4, 2012
kiwi wrote:
<quoted text>
EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency keeps a list of banned operators due to many ( mostly technical) safety reasons. Libyan Ministry of Transport of Libya ( if such authority exists) had to admit safety concerns are so high it is better to stop all operations. This decision rows Libya to Congo and other too corrupted or even failed countries. And again it were European rules not European authority to set up this ban. Libya is officialy not at that list.
Do not theorize, give the reference
true

Australia

#24 Apr 4, 2012
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Is feeding green flags to blacks an everyday business. Were you familiar with the circumstances that led to that action? I'm not. Gaddafi enriched and encouraged such violence between towns and group but to a point where he could control it...this is the result of his bad deeds.
Feeding flags to blacks probably ended because of widespread viewing of the incident and a dwindling supply of black victims,the circumstances of the victims was most likely that they are black and that's it.now with the black issue determined they are all looking for new victims and the only ones left are each other.
kiwi

Frenstat, Czech Republic

#25 Apr 4, 2012
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not theorize, give the reference
"So, intense consultations were held with the civil aviation authorities of Libya and with the Libyan Minister of Transport. As a result, the Libyan civil aviation authorities have adopted restrictions applicable to all air carriers licensed in Libya, which exclude them from flying into the EU"

http://seshippingnews.typepad.com/south_east_...

Usually only particular operators are banned by EU. What you can read means either all Libyan air operators, without exception, have their ships so crappy they couldn´t fly them safely. Or Libyan authorities are not able to control who and how operates the ships, or Libyan international airports are not safe enough and passangers/cargo could be a threat to Europe.
In all cases there is clear lack of national civil aviation authorities control here.
no name

Ploiesti, Romania

#26 Apr 4, 2012
please let the authorities to do bwhat they have to do,othervise you lybians will be fighting for ever and you will do'nt do nothing.Without lows and stabillyti you cannot go ahead.

Since: Jul 11

Berlin, Germany

#27 Apr 4, 2012
kiwi wrote:
<quoted text>
I´d really like to take a heart for Libyan people but I will never support criminal murders. I am not buying a response from the prime minister Abdurrahim El-Kib to a LFJL, that violations should be taken “in context.”
You do know that the context of a crime is always taken into consideration by a court of law to gauge the guilt of a perpetrator don't you? If a person kills someone "in affect" for instance this is always considered less punishable than a premeditated murder. I think this is what was meant by "taken in context".
Call it revolution or freedom fight or whatever you want. Murder is murder no matter if we speak about "collater losts" of NATO bombers or "killing" of the late dictator.
kiwi

Frenstat, Czech Republic

#28 Apr 4, 2012
Ditto Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that the context of a crime is always taken into consideration by a court of law to gauge the guilt of a perpetrator don't you? If a person kills someone "in affect" for instance this is always considered less punishable than a premeditated murder. I think this is what was meant by "taken in context".
<quoted text>
Affected? Maybe deserving to receive some psychological treatment. You are joking aren´t you? I´ve seen that mob of ululating criminals, thank you. You simply try to excuse murder of a murderer. Not long ago it has benn called a lynch. You can call it revolution and asses all events "in contect" if you want. But not me.
Carlos

Belford Roxo, Brazil

#29 Apr 4, 2012
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm away for few days and have been following that on national press websites and did not come across such things, may be. What I meant by isolated incidents is that these acts are not in all and very place in the country. Each one is different from the other as far as the causes and roots of the problem. We have seen such incidents last 3-4 months but all subsided and truce had been worked out. 6 months and more of such incidents and the country is still standing and it will
SO FUNNY, Observer isnt in Jamhyria no more, now he is in
France xDDDDDDDD
Observer

Tripoli, Libya

#30 Apr 5, 2012
Carlos wrote:
<quoted text>
SO FUNNY, Observer isnt in Jamhyria no more, now he is in
France xDDDDDDDD
I'm back.
Da Truth

United States

#31 Apr 5, 2012
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if that is true, that does not mean a collapse of a country. Still optimistic when you see the overall picture but not an isolated incident or so. We are seeing things through different type of lenses
in the past 2 months a few hundred people died is that "an isolated incident or so"??????????
Observer

Tripoli, Libya

#32 Apr 5, 2012
Da Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
in the past 2 months a few hundred people died is that "an isolated incident or so"??????????
To be realistic, fair and neutral, if that applies to you, you have to know the background of each incident: who started the fight, why that happened and the reasons behind that. What the news tell you is quite superficial and they do not analyse it in a way so that the reader or the listener could comprehend the whole story and be able to express his/her views accordingly. Some indulge themselves in the Libyan issue simply because they blindly support the fallen regime and not willingly to understand the viewpoint of those who live there. After all, it is theirs. Now tell me honestly what do you know about the reasons and the causes in this recent incident( you call it militia clashes ) in Wetern Libya (between Zwara, on one side and Regdaleen and Jmail on the other.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#33 Apr 5, 2012
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm back.
Welcome back, did you enjoy your holiday?

Berlin, Germany

#34 Apr 5, 2012
kiwi wrote:
<quoted text>
Affected? Maybe deserving to receive some psychological treatment. You are joking aren´t you?
I think I need to explain a bit.“In affect” is a judicial expression in English meaning “at the spur of the moment”. For instance if a person kills someone in the context of a heated argument without having this thought before hand he has committed a crime “in affect”. This is always counted as mitigating circumstances and lessens the punishment.
I´ve seen that mob of ululating criminals, thank you. You simply try to excuse murder of a murderer. Not long ago it has benn called a lynch. You can call it revolution and asses all events "in contect" if you want. But not me.
Yes, civil wars are always very ugly. But giving just the one side the weight of the blame is wrong. There are also many crimes that were committed by the loyalist side as well.
Observer

Tripoli, Libya

#35 Apr 5, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome back, did you enjoy your holiday?
Thanks George but, it wasn't a holiday , it was a Mediterrenean countries scientific consultation meeting trip.
Carlos

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

#36 Apr 8, 2012
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the history of world revolutions, major changes and uprisings. In Libya we were expecting even worse but, thank God it turned out a lot better.
Jamahyria was a bloodless revolution and built a modern Libya... YOu rats arent doing a revolution, you are trying to do a counter-revolution, but you are only spreading chaos and destroction. Arab wahabism only brings chaos, destroction and death. YOu are the new Afghanistan.
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
A price has to be paid for a major change: 42years of gaddafi game of inducing clashes between different areas cannot be deleted in few months but it will be.
YOu love to say Gaddaffi is dead! Now you are blaming him for what you are doing?! YOu are killing and looting each other, not Gaddaffi. BTW it is very fun watch you rats killing each others... and it will be just more fun when NATO start to bomb you - NATO use to attack former allies, just like Saddam, talibans and Al Qaeda.

Berlin, Germany

#37 Apr 8, 2012
Carlos wrote:
<quoted text>
Jamahyria was a bloodless revolution and built a modern Libya... YOu rats arent doing a revolution, you are trying to do a counter-revolution, but you are only spreading chaos and destroction. Arab wahabism only brings chaos, destroction and death. YOu are the new Afghanistan.
<quoted text>
YOu love to say Gaddaffi is dead! Now you are blaming him for what you are doing?! YOu are killing and looting each other, not Gaddaffi. BTW it is very fun watch you rats killing each others... and it will be just more fun when NATO start to bomb you - NATO use to attack former allies, just like Saddam, talibans and Al Qaeda.
Well I can tell you that the Germans are still blaming Hitler for a whole bunch of things and the guy has been dead now for
nearly 70 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yakima Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sunnyside Gang Member Found Guilty in Court (Feb '09) Mar '16 FREE 2DO WAT I PL... 69
Causual Encounter Feb '16 reallycuriousdude 1
The Lodge at the Canyon River is run by MEXICAN... (Mar '12) Dec '15 ambersky 7
how yakima child custody rights and grandparent... Dec '15 ooooo 1
Seeking drugs Dec '15 ooooo 2
News Hezbollah calls for boycott of UN tribunal (Oct '10) Dec '15 USS LIBERTY 7
News Washington farmers are dumping unprofitable apples (Jun '15) Dec '15 lavon affair 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Yakima Mortgages