NM court upholds gay discrimination r...

NM court upholds gay discrimination ruling

There are 259 comments on the KNDU story from Jun 5, 2012, titled NM court upholds gay discrimination ruling. In it, KNDU reports that:

The billionaire family that's giving away a 217-acre campus in western Massachusetts has narrowed the potential recipients to two.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNDU.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1 Jun 5, 2012
There goes the individual and corporate business owners right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

I suggest the state instantly order every business to remove all signs saying:

WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE.

Next thing you will see is a law allowing gay bars to refuse service to straight people.

Now that would be a lawsuit I would love to see how the courts rule.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander too!

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#2 Jun 5, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
There goes the individual and corporate business owners right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
Next thing you will see is a law allowing gay bars to refuse service to straight people.
I've been to certain gay bars on a regular basis that did not allow women inside.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3 Jun 5, 2012
Guess I'd better make a donation to the Alliance Defense Fund, to help with the appeal.

And, let's find out who, on the Court of Appeals, chose to negate individual, as well as private property, rights, and see to it they are defeated at the polls at our earliest opportunity.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#4 Jun 5, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
You have the right to refuse service, maybe, but you can't base it on sexual orientation, religious beliefs, race or gender.
another

Huntsville, AL

#5 Jun 6, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been to certain gay bars on a regular basis that did not allow women inside.
liar
another

Austin, TX

#6 Jun 6, 2012
another wrote:
<quoted text>
liar
liar fm santa fe

Location hidden

#7 Jun 6, 2012
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>You have the right to refuse service, maybe, but you can't base it on sexual orientation, religious beliefs, race or gender.
Why not? It's a "free" country, isn't it?

Location hidden

#8 Jun 6, 2012
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>You have the right to refuse service, maybe, but you can't base it on sexual orientation, religious beliefs, race or gender.
Tell that to the Judge who feels otherwise when he ruled for the lesbian couple and against the private business owner.

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#9 Jun 6, 2012
What if the business owner didn't want to take pictures of a Taliban couple on both religious and political grounds? He couldn't discriminate on sexual orientation if hiring. It's the law.
I see

Huntsville, AL

#10 Jun 6, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
the right to operate a public business that discriminates on the basis of bigotry, trumps the individual rights and protections. Got it.

Location hidden

#11 Jun 6, 2012
I see wrote:
<quoted text>
the right to operate a public business that discriminates on the basis of bigotry, trumps the individual rights and protections. Got it.
My money, my business, my rules.

GET IT ?
AlreadyLaw

Los Alamos, NM

#13 Jun 6, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
It's already law you cannot refuse service to someone without a good reason, so this question is moot.
AlreadyLaw

Los Alamos, NM

#15 Jun 6, 2012
This is pretty stupid, too. If you want a free market, you have to give service to everyone and anyone. We should fine non-capitalists who want it otherwise. Why should we have to pay for non-capitalist desires, anyway?

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#17 Jun 6, 2012
another wrote:
<quoted text>
liar
No. It's the truth.

I was a regular at Pal Joey's in Bellmore for years, and also The Long Island Eagle for many years, and also went to The Swamp in Wainscott many times. None of those bars allowed women inside. And teh gay papers on Long Island would occasionaly write an article about the lesbian bars on Long Island where they would not allow men inside. I don't recall anyone complaining about the situation.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#18 Jun 6, 2012
AlreadyLaw wrote:
<quoted text>
It's already law you cannot refuse service to someone without a good reason, so this question is moot.
Untrue.

Location hidden

#20 Jun 6, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
My money, my business, my rules.
GET IT ?
I'm with you on that!

Location hidden

#21 Jun 6, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with you on that!
Thank you :)

Location hidden

#22 Jun 6, 2012
AlreadyLaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but you are mistaken on that.

I have an absolute right to cancel any orders I get if I desire to do so in my business. Does not mean I do as I want the sales and money but I can and have a very few times.

Mostly with someone who I have been ripped off by before as I keep a list of names and address, city and state which I can cross check IF I sense a repeat ripper offer.

And no law on any book forbids me from doing that.

What is interesting is with E commerce one does not know the customers sexual preference, color, race etc.

And in my case as I said I am all about making money, I could care less who buys and pays for the merchandise.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#23 Jun 6, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it is a free country, we pride ourselves on that.You only want it to be a free country when it allows you or others like you to discriminate or to push your agenda on others etc.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#24 Jun 6, 2012
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it is a free country, we pride ourselves on that.You only want it to be a free country when it allows you or others like you to discriminate or to push your agenda on others etc.
FREE country ?! LOL How come I got to pay for everythng then ?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yakima Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ford Robert Mar '18 5150loc 1
Yakama Nation Jan '18 Tim Sampson 6161 2
Betrayal.. Jan '18 Tim Sampson 6161 3
News Drone footage of huge fissure opening behind im... Jan '18 jacquiwatson1959y... 1
Irene Langloss Hoard (Apr '17) Jan '18 Langloss 3
Car taxes Dec '17 Publiceyeslooking 1
These people with farms crying about water taxes Dec '17 Publiceyeslooking 1

Yakima Jobs

Personal Finance

Yakima Mortgages