Daughter: Ohio execution most awful moment of life

Jan 17, 2014 Full story: Seattle Post-Intelligencer 41

Federal public defender Allen Bohnert talks about the execution of his client, death row inmate Dennis McGuire, by a never-tried lethal drug process, on Thursday, Jan. 16, 2014 at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility in Lucasville, Ohio.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
The Hack Checker

Tipp City, OH

#1 Jan 17, 2014
Being raped and murdered is scarier and hurts a lot worse.
Noel Nosirrah

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Jan 17, 2014
The Hack Checker wrote:
Being raped and murdered is scarier and hurts a lot worse.
Boofukinhoo! Maybe they will sue?
Patriotic Girl

Finleyville, PA

#3 Jan 17, 2014
To friends and relatives of this man--I doubt that this was the worst moment of your life. Mine would have been when he brutally killed the woman that he eventually went to the death chamber for! Unless you are just like him.We all know that the Ryan attorneys work for people like Bill Stepp and other less than up standing citizens. You people make me sick. How long did this young woman that he tortured take to die?
mike

Akron, OH

#4 Jan 17, 2014
If my father had raped and killed a pregnant woman - THAT would be the worst moment of my life.

This whole family sounds like trash.

Since: Jan 14

USA

#5 Jan 17, 2014
Why did the state go thru w this not knowing about the effect of these drugs?
And if we continue to have the death penalty why not a bullet to the head? AAAAND not 30 yrs later....
Ditto

Columbus, OH

#6 Jan 17, 2014
He got what he deserved..
Noob

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Jan 17, 2014
I hope the family does sue and gets a ton of money.... then I hope the family of the pregnant girl sues the murderers family and takes all the money from them!
Ralph

Dayton, OH

#8 Jan 17, 2014
always pondering wrote:
Why did the state go thru w this not knowing about the effect of these drugs?
And if we continue to have the death penalty why not a bullet to the head? AAAAND not 30 yrs later....
Good point. And a good start for a honest discussion. I am opposed to the death penalty.(no, not a liberal)
1) Although this animal, along with a bunch of others, obviously deserved it, who carries it out? The executioner? The judge(s)? The warden? The jurors? The governor, should he tacitly fail to act? I am NOT quick to take a life, and find it hypocritical to want others to do so for me.
2) Cost- Capital (capitol?) trials are insanely expensive, almost always at taxpayer's expense.. And, re- the argument about the cost of locking them up for life, we lock them up now for a big chunk of their lives, PLUS the expensive litigation and special handling of death row inmates.
3) Appeals- The never ending appeals contribute greatly to the cost of court activities, and lengthens the whole process DECADES. However, when taking a life, I would be very hesitant in removing judicial safegaurds from the process.
4) Justice- Though I believe that mistakes are rare, context ~may~ not be. Manslaughter fior one guy, may be the needle for the next. Locking up some one for a couple of decades, while plowing through appeals, could be a monstrous injustice. Can't get back the lost years, if that person was innocent, or perhaps "less guilty". Cook him? Exponentially worse. How can you "fix" dead?
5) I could be for a "soft" death sentence, where the inmate is worked very hard, feed very basic sustaining food, and given a tetanus shot and very basic medical care, ir- blood pressure meds, tooth extractions, cheaper generic antibiotics. Stage four cancer? Naw. Carteroid artery blockage? Naw. Coronary heart disease? We'll get back with you. They could live a shortened, dreary life, at a reduced cost to the taxpayer, without anyone having to ACTIVELY take their life.
Crystal Hasty

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Jan 17, 2014
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>
Ralph's horseshit snipped.
Try watching something other than Faux News, ya pfhucking retread!
Buckwheat

Oak Ridge, TN

#10 Jan 17, 2014
I suppose this pregnant woman didn't suffer he ended her life. Nothing wrong in the least with this execution. Poetic justice far as I'm concerned.
Minnesota

Chicago, IL

#11 Jan 17, 2014
Kudo's to Ohio Asst Atty General Thomas Madden, "your not entitled to a pain-free execution".
Atlanta, GA

#12 Jan 17, 2014
To all the pathetic whiners upset about this poor killer.....

Have you thought about how the 22 year old girl whom was pregnant felt when she was gasping for her last breath?

WTF is wrong with you people?! This POS was executed because he brutally raped and murdered an innocent girl. Who the fk cares if he suffered or not. I hope he suffered the worst he could.

Fk him. Good Riddance!
Hang em high

Shreve, OH

#13 Jan 17, 2014
I say bring back public hangings on the court house lawn or a bullet to the head which ever the victims family decides upon, I believe it should be an eye for an eye so whatever the person does to murder should be done to him or her but that's my opinion and for the candy ass people against the death penalty keep it to yourself we don't want to hear you're pitty party crying
Not a Demorat

Dayton, OH

#14 Jan 18, 2014
Let's go back to the electric chair, hanging or gas chambers. When someone kills another person in 5 years the killer should be executed.
The killers victim is forgotten so fast.
gary

Minford, OH

#15 Jan 18, 2014
they called it an experiment. hes dead. it worked. good job guys.
Ralph

Dayton, OH

#16 Jan 18, 2014
To the posters above^^^
1) I am NOT arguing for any mercy for this animal
2) I am somewhat sympathetic, even agreeable to your views.
3) I did NOT say that he didn't deserve to die, only that WE, as society and government, not doing it.
4) I know it's a bit long, but please read my above post, before presuming to know what I think.
Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Since: Jan 14

USA

#17 Jan 18, 2014
A bullet by firing squad. An not 30 yrs later
The Hack Checker

Lewisburg, OH

#19 Jan 18, 2014
Sorry, me and society don't and won't wilt with liberal guilt; that is until or unless were are forced to view and listen to MSNBC, NPR and PBS.
Or read the whines in the Dayton Daily Snooze or the Jew York Times.

Since: Sep 10

Marion, NC

#20 Jan 18, 2014
Although a simple bullet to the head would have sufficed for that low life piece of sh!t, kudos are in order for whoever invented a lethal dosage of medicine to make those going to die suffer just like they made their victims suffer!
Rambeaux

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Jan 18, 2014
Hang em high wrote:
I say bring back public hangings on the court house lawn or a bullet to the head which ever the victims family decides upon, I believe it should be an eye for an eye so whatever the person does to murder should be done to him or her but that's my opinion and for the candy ass people against the death penalty keep it to yourself we don't want to hear you're pitty party crying
It doesn't take 26 minutes to die at the end of a noose or facing a firing squad. Heck, even the electric chair is much quicker. Forget about this lethal injection BS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Happy Kwanzaa! 9 hr The Hack Checker 1
Jerkwad Jabbar-shooting details emerge: 10 hr Net Nut 7
Bad experience at Miami Valley Hospital 10 hr talker43 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 hr Bently 19,568
Merry Christmas 19 hr Merry Christmas 1
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 20 hr Rotten to the Core 31,555
Photos Wed Net Nut 1
Xenia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Xenia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Xenia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Xenia

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:46 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:46PM
Mike Pettine: Our first-round picks aren't busts
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"
NFL 7:11 AM
Mike Pettine: Browns won't write off Manziel, Gilbert
Bleacher Report10:17 AM
Complete Week 17 Preview for Baltimore