Doc Holiday

Cincinnati, OH

#59 May 11, 2009
Let's just add this to the foolishness of Channels 22/45.

Today they ANNOUNCED that Lindsay Kurtz is leaving the station to do "Missionary Work".

I applaud her, she seems genuinely nice and was a pleasure to listen to.

What's strange and so conspicuous is that Asa George was never mentioned. And the heartwarming feeling just POURED out for Lindsay.

If they are going to fold their tents and get out of the news business, maybe Asa is the smartest one of all.

It sure as heck isn't Don Hammond.
mikedisgusted

Cleveland, TN

#60 May 11, 2009
Hey ,Doc i agree with you!!! I saw Lindsey good bye on news last night at 10pm sun. She said it was here last day and they were sad to see her go and hugging and everything. I think there management must not be very good with all these people leaving.I just hope they dont get rid of Mike T. weatherguy because i sometimes watch just for his forecast!
mikedisgusted

Cleveland, TN

#61 May 11, 2009
They the management was just looking for any reason to fire asa! God bless here and i hope i see her agin here or in antoher state!
Holiday

Cincinnati, OH

#62 May 14, 2009
Yeah, I liked Mike T. as well.

But I left.

The last thing that made up my mind was the tears and heartfelt feelings that were rampant when Lindsay Kurtz left, and ASA was not even given a wink and nod.

Screw them. I have switched to Channel 2 and then the Daily Buzz.

Jamie Jarosik (i'm sure i spelled that wrong) does a great job with the weather and TODAY was no exception.

I also like the interplay with Jim Bucher and Jamie.

But I have not forgiven Channel 2 for holding Time Warner hostage.

So I'm a fan, just not as loyal as I once was.

ASA will do well, she has more class and style than a lot of the "anchors" around here.

I wish her well.
Kim

Union City, IN

#63 May 22, 2009
It is too bad you let Asa go - must not have been for financial reasons since she was replaced. The sad thing is you replaced her with Ms. no personality - a news anchor needs personality - Asa brought something to the news that kylie does not - I will be tuning in to that "other" news station now.
Holiday

Cincinnati, OH

#64 May 25, 2009
I gave up on the morning show, and thier news in general.

Asa made getting up and getting ready for work fun, and if the news was bad, she seemed to speak from the heart.

Yeah, they have a new Anchor and this ship is going down.
Leon Harrison

Cincinnati, OH

#65 May 25, 2009
So, that makes you a channel 2 Jew? Boofukinhoo!
Jim in Farmersville

Sardinia, OH

#66 Jun 12, 2009
Asa was top notch. She made listening to the news interesting. Always had an up beat attitude and smile. The only thing going for the morning news is the best weather man hasn't been cut yet. Boy don't step on any toes over there Mike
Nugget

Redmond, WA

#68 Jun 12, 2009
I'm guessing Mike will be cut when his contract is up. He's been there awhile, so his salary must be above acceptable Sinclair Broadcast Group limits by now. So it won't matter if he steps on toes or not, people like Mark and Asa certainly never stepped on any toes there. They were well liked, but they got too expensive.
The Old Cold Warrior

New Carlisle, OH

#71 Jun 16, 2009
It still hurttttssssss! We miss Lindsey Kurrrrttttzzz!!!
World Traveler

Middletown, OH

#72 Jun 22, 2010
Asa is now working in Milwaukee. That's where she grew up so she won't be back. Family and all, dontchaknow. Her Milwaukee ads are on Youtube.
MARLINshanksFELO NsonINlaw

Cincinnati, OH

#73 Jun 22, 2010
World Traveler wrote:
Asa is now working in Milwaukee. That's where she grew up so she won't be back. Family and all, dontchaknow. Her Milwaukee ads are on Youtube.
That was posted long ago in another thread, but of course, jackass Holiday probably scrolled it back to page 20
Doc Holiday

Cincinnati, OH

#74 Jun 22, 2010
Doc Holiday wrote:
I will miss her. She was fun and pretty and made the Channel 22 news worth watching.
Now I'll see what's on Channel 7.
Not exactly the "family" they would have you believe.
I screw myself while watching them
The New Cool Warrior

Cincinnati, OH

#75 Jun 23, 2010
Kylie Conway is my new little brunett babe!
Pooper

Cincinnati, OH

#77 Sep 12, 2013
They just found here dead.
Devon

Mansfield, OH

#78 Sep 12, 2013
she is so young....wonder how she died?
misaljo

United States

#79 Sep 12, 2013
asa george was found dead in her apartment on 09/06/2013 in wisconsin. its on whiotv.com now. so sad.
misaljo

United States

#80 Sep 12, 2013
they say the case is sealed. wouldnt that mean a crime was committed? just wondering. Not a lot of experience with all of that kind of stuff. I have an inquiring mind, i guess.
Keri

Sidney, OH

#81 Sep 12, 2013
~Rest In Peace Asa George~
Doc

Dayton, OH

#82 Sep 12, 2013
She has passed away at age 34..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 26 min Inquiring Minds 31,502
Norman "CHUB" Bowling 11 hr Michelle Lee 1
Diversity Perversity (Apr '11) 13 hr Dayton Taxpayer 6
A "productive" congess... 13 hr The Hack Checker 3
Despite this Hannity Insanity: 19 hr The Old Cold Warrior 1
If you really dare to show that you care... 23 hr Dayton Taxpayer 4
Don't drive your cars to and from bars! 23 hr masterofconcretep... 9
Xenia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Xenia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Xenia News, Events & Info