What happend to ASA GEORGE ON CHANNEL 22 IN THE MORNING?

Posted in the Xenia Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 65 Comments Last updated Sep 13, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Doc Holiday

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Apr 9, 2009
She was there on day, and gone the next. No one makes any mention of her departure. This would indicate it wasn't on the "best of terms".

Asa is a TOP NOTCH anchor and was great in the morning. Channel 22 lost a lot when they lost her.

She will be doing a "Top Notch" job for someone else. It seems we just can't keep "the best" in Dayton.

So I'll see what's going on on Channel 7. I haven't been there in a long time.

As for the "family feel" of the morning news?

Not so much.

Since: Mar 09

Indianapolis

#2 Apr 9, 2009
They did not renew her contract preferring to keep someone making less money.
Doc Holiday

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Apr 9, 2009
I will miss her. She was fun and pretty and made the Channel 22 news worth watching.

Now I'll see what's on Channel 7.

Not exactly the "family" they would have you believe.
MSBG Mom

Dayton, OH

#7 Apr 10, 2009
Doc Holiday wrote:
I will miss her. She was fun and pretty and made the Channel 22 news worth watching.
Now I'll see what's on Channel 7.
Not exactly the "family" they would have you believe.
I can't stand the Channel 7 team. I'll stick with Channel 2 - although I do miss Libby. I really liked Asa as well. They made a big mistake letting her go.
sid

Middletown, OH

#11 Apr 10, 2009
Same as what you guys said. IM switching to 9.
She made that news channel now it sucks without her.
XeniaGuy

Springfield, OH

#12 Apr 10, 2009
What a mistake letting Asa George Go. Hey Pete you are not bad but Asa made things tick. Soirry Fox you are losing me .
Doc Holiday

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Apr 11, 2009
I wouldn't make me so frustrated but they want to "sell" you the morning team as a "family".

We get to learn about their outside activities and they try their best to "hook" the viewers on being a part of that.

Then they do this.

Just like TV2 cut Carl Day when it was no longer to their advantage to discuss his health problems any more.

They cut him as well.

Screw them and turn to the Internet.
Jim Zappe

Dayton, OH

#16 Apr 12, 2009
I will certainly miss Asa`s wonderful smile and positive attutude,,,,,quite refreshing re;our "gloom and doom" message frequently heard/read at "2","7",DD N.CNN,MSNBC,,,,
Tws-OASIS

Matteson, IL

#17 Apr 12, 2009
Hi Jim er Harvey,didnt you use that name on my board? lmao
bob

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Apr 13, 2009
i will never watch 45 news again without asa
Todd

United States

#19 Apr 13, 2009
Someone suggested that the local CBS or NBC/CW hire Asa. Follow this link to their websites and let's make this happen quick before she leaves the Miami Valley!

http://www.4localtv.com/
Big Slick

Cincinnati, OH

#22 Apr 13, 2009
Pete Scalia cannot compare to Asa George. He is rude and unprofessional. His attempt at humor is offensive. No wonder channel 5 gave him the axe and ended up with Valerie Abati. What is wrong with the Management? It seems they want to be the least watched in the dayton market! I am going back to Cbs and Nbc. They have dropped the ball this time. I have also pulled my advertising from two family business'. I hope they all hit the unemployment line at 22 and 45 (Mike Terwilliger excluded).
Bthatmay

United States

#24 Apr 14, 2009
I am going to miss Asa. She has a way to brighten your day even when presenting not so positive news. I hate it when they promote someone and then one day they are gone with virtually no announcement. I only hope that she has a better job offer as she is one of the best news anchors in the area.
Bill

West Union, OH

#25 Apr 14, 2009
What happened to Asa?
I came back from vacation and She was gone.
WHAT WERE YOU THINKING WDTN ?????
That young lady had it all.
Well it's back to WHIO.
Tim

Middletown, OH

#26 Apr 14, 2009
I liked Asa, but I got pretty tired of her giggling because the camera men were unprofessional enough to make her laugh at stupid times. Pete Scalia is like a spoiled high school senior who can't get enough attention, and his sense of humor is ridiculous. On channel 5 in Cincinnati, all I remember him saying was, "Amy...blah, blah, blah...Amy...blah, blah, blah..." He wouldn't shut up about his fiancee. I moved here from Cincinnati, thinking I'd escaped the fool. No such luck.

I agree that Asa was good. They need to can Pete and the crew. A totally unprofessional operation.
Tws-OASIS

Matteson, IL

#27 Apr 14, 2009
22 & 45 SUCK! Why do you fools watch the lowest rated news in town, anyhow?
Doc Holiday

Cincinnati, OH

#28 Apr 14, 2009
Well I guess we'd all watch YOU if you were on TV.

Sadly for you, you are not. How is everything Tws-OASIS?

How is the water?

I don't watch 22 or 45 news. Asa gave the show personality. I must say that Mike's weather was pretty good.

But it just isn't much of a show without Asa.

I've switched channels for my morning news.

I will say that this clever move from 22/45 is nearly as clever as channel 2 leaving Time Warner for a moment. I guess they're back.

We just stream most of what we watch from the Internet now. Thank goodness for H D M I connections.
A Carter -Centerville

Dayton, OH

#30 Apr 15, 2009
NO ASA?!!--she was the funniest person on the show--not -Pete "I need attention" Scalia.
The Old Cold Warrior

New Carlisle, OH

#31 Apr 15, 2009
Tws-OASIS wrote:
22 & 45 SUCK! Why do you fools watch the lowest rated news in town, anyhow?
B-A-B-E-S.
The Old Cold Warrior

New Carlisle, OH

#32 Apr 15, 2009
These Asa fans have too much daytime on their hands, including these Obama Mamas who slouch on the couch and do pretty good in their victimhood.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Samuel-6g-Jackson 18,855
This is why I am an Ann Fan! 7 hr Ann Fan 1
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 8 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 30,474
Ohio attorney general appoints special prosecut... 11 hr TonyT1961 25
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 22 hr the inside track 31,190
Found dog! (Dec '13) Wed Hero Officer Wilson 7
Andy's Dean's "America Now" cancelled! Wed Gun Nut 38
•••
•••
•••

Xenia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Xenia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE