Since: Aug 12

Marietta, GA

#21696 Nov 1, 2013
I could see thru his whole 'I grew up on a farm' line of BS right from the get go. He grew up on food stamps back when kids were still made fun of for it and its pretty obvious.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21697 Nov 2, 2013
Pops wrote:
Canton knows NOTHING about farming & IF his family tree had anything to do with farming, his branch was pruned long ago.
One point is that Canton does NOT realize that if one is a member of a farm FAMILY, they start WORKING at a very young age to tend crops, milk cows, spread 'fertilizers' collect & candle eggs, tend the hot houses, Farm fish & or freshwater shrimp, market the produce & or livestock, etc. There is NO other way that it works. That's the REAL facts from generation to generation of farm owners. EACH generation EARNS the passing of the family farm from great-grandparent to grandparent to grandchild/child etc. IT is NOT a freebee!! It has been earned!!
The alternative is to sell the land to a developer which happens all too often to pay taxes or settle family feuds or to simply escape the HARD life of a farmer.
Canton & others are unaware of the facts of real farm life. The 'KIDS" work from day one by performing the functions that I have mentioned & EARN what they inherit.
Just Another example of Mental Mud.
Agreed, Reading through these posts, it seems I'm the only one here that didn't work on a farm......... but I did have a garden one time. LOL!
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#21698 Nov 2, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Several reasons:
First of all, it wasn't all that well paying. Even though I was young at the time, I realized that when I got older, I wouldn't be able to climb three flights of stairs with an electric hospital bed or large oxygen tanks. It's heavy lifting at times.
Next of course is it's not a career. You can teach anybody how to deliver and setup home medical equipment in two weeks at best. As for the repair part, technology and tax structure knocked me out of that area. Companies were able to write their equipment off in three years, so in three years, it was zero costed, and the company would just get a new piece of equipment when it broke. Newer equipment at the time came out with three year warranties, so there was no reason to have a repairman around.
Lastly, I realized that when a company closed down or were bought out by another company and I lost my job, there were not many medical delivery driver/ repairman jobs out there. In the Durable Medical Equipment (DME) field, companies get bought and sold all the time. Plus I got sick of being on-call as well.
I realized that I would need something more. A field of work that not anybody can do. I needed something where I would be in demand all the time even in bad economies. I didn't want to be one of those people crying that I'm out of work and somebody should do something for me. I needed to do something for myself. That's when I decided to go into truck driving. I drove a straight truck for a company when I was 18, and knew it wouldn't take long for me to get back into that kind of work.
When I got sick of driving straight trucks, I decided to advance myself one more time. I learned how to drive a tractor-trailer. it was about the time I decided to do something else which was purchase my rental property.
So driving a truck is a field of work that not anybody can do. Really, I know a lot of truck drivers and have nothing against them or what they do. I know some that turned to trucking for various reasons and have never heard one of them say that. However I know quite a few that drive because that's the ONLY thing they know how to do. Not to mention a few who are 'far' from the sharpest knives in the drawer. I have heard them say they went in that direction as a last resort.
President McCain

Van Wert, OH

#21699 Nov 2, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>So driving a truck is a field of work that not anybody can do. Really, I know a lot of truck drivers and have nothing against them or what they do. I know some that turned to trucking for various reasons and have never heard one of them say that. However I know quite a few that drive because that's the ONLY thing they know how to do. Not to mention a few who are 'far' from the sharpest knives in the drawer. I have heard them say they went in that direction as a last resort.
Those with inherent intelligence acquire viable skills. Those lacking the intelligence to acquire said skills are used to transport goods.
Those who aren't even "skilled" enough to drive an 18 wheeler, well, they're used to farm their grandpappy's hand-me-down plantation with the help of their fellow "millionaires" and complain about them pesky moocher war vets qualifying for foodstamps. ROFLMAO
And the circle of life continues...
Barrock Obama

United States

#21700 Nov 2, 2013
You dang republicans make me so angry I just wanna order a drone attack on every known republican on my irs database enemy list right now!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21701 Nov 2, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>So driving a truck is a field of work that not anybody can do. Really, I know a lot of truck drivers and have nothing against them or what they do. I know some that turned to trucking for various reasons and have never heard one of them say that. However I know quite a few that drive because that's the ONLY thing they know how to do. Not to mention a few who are 'far' from the sharpest knives in the drawer. I have heard them say they went in that direction as a last resort.
Well these days, we do have a lot of people out there who are using truck driving because their is nothing in their chosen field of work.

What I mean by a job not anybody can do is you can't apply for a job and they give you the keys and you're on your way. It doesn't work like that. First off, you have to obtain a Class A license. In most cases, that requires training. Then you have to pass a written and road test. After you get done with that, you have to be DOT certified which requires you to pass a physical. You have to get a physical every two years to remain certified.

Most don't know, but having a CDL is not a separate license. They combine all your driving under that CDL. For instance, if I get two moving violations even though I'm driving my car, I can lose my job because my employers insurance will increase dramatically or even not cover me at all. Same holds true of a DUI in my car. If you ever get a DUI on your license, you better find a different line of work because nobody will hire you for many years. Mind you, that's not hard to do because since you have a CDL, police can legally hold you to CDL standards of what drunk is even though you are in your car, and that's about two beers or less.

The Department of Transportation (DOT) can pull you over for no reason at all other than to check out your truck. They check your brakes, lights, fire extinguisher, fluids, and every nut and bolt on the damn thing. You just about have to be a mechanic to get by these checks. In 2010, they came out with a new program called CSA2010. It's a separate category where they keep track of your CSA2010 points. Too many points, and your medical card gets suspended. In fact the last driver that quit his job at our company couldn't find work because he had too many CSA points.

So it's not only getting licensed, it's being able to stay on the road and keep your job that's the trick. Not everybody can do that. As for those people that are using truck driving until they find something better, they usually don't stay on the road very long. Their heart is just not in the job. When you are piloting a 70,000 lbs vehicle in the rain or snow, you better know what you are doing.
Timmy Tea Bagger McVeigh

Canton, OH

#21702 Nov 2, 2013
Barrock Obama wrote:
You dang republicans make me so angry I just wanna order a drone attack on every known republican on my irs database enemy list right now!
You darn Tea Baggers. I know I might have been a little harsh when I pointed out how you anti-Fed, self proclaimed Constitutionalists believe the EXACT same things that Timothy McVeigh, the child murdering terrorist believed. I'm sure that just because you believe the same radical things, it in no way....oh look.

A self proclaimed Constitutionalist with anti-Fed literature on him went on a shooting spree at the LAX airport. So uh....yah. You Tea Baggers are EXACTLY like Timothy McVeigh. No wonder you are on watch lists. All of America agrees, you deserve to be.

Oh and...pay those taxes.
Timmy Tea Bagger McVeigh

Canton, OH

#21703 Nov 2, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well these days, we do have a lot of people out there who are using truck driving because their is nothing in their chosen field of work.
What I mean by a job not anybody can do is you can't apply for a job and they give you the keys and you're on your way. It doesn't work like that. First off, you have to obtain a Class A license. In most cases, that requires training. Then you have to pass a written and road test. After you get done with that, you have to be DOT certified which requires you to pass a physical. You have to get a physical every two years to remain certified.
Most don't know, but having a CDL is not a separate license. They combine all your driving under that CDL. For instance, if I get two moving violations even though I'm driving my car, I can lose my job because my employers insurance will increase dramatically or even not cover me at all. Same holds true of a DUI in my car. If you ever get a DUI on your license, you better find a different line of work because nobody will hire you for many years. Mind you, that's not hard to do because since you have a CDL, police can legally hold you to CDL standards of what drunk is even though you are in your car, and that's about two beers or less.
The Department of Transportation (DOT) can pull you over for no reason at all other than to check out your truck. They check your brakes, lights, fire extinguisher, fluids, and every nut and bolt on the damn thing. You just about have to be a mechanic to get by these checks. In 2010, they came out with a new program called CSA2010. It's a separate category where they keep track of your CSA2010 points. Too many points, and your medical card gets suspended. In fact the last driver that quit his job at our company couldn't find work because he had too many CSA points.
So it's not only getting licensed, it's being able to stay on the road and keep your job that's the trick. Not everybody can do that. As for those people that are using truck driving until they find something better, they usually don't stay on the road very long. Their heart is just not in the job. When you are piloting a 70,000 lbs vehicle in the rain or snow, you better know what you are doing.
Funny. You left out the part where your truck breaks down once a week due to environmental devices on it. Strange how you skipped over something you were so profound on in your earlier posts. You know, the ones where I said you are full of sh1t.
Timmy Tea Bagger McVeigh

Canton, OH

#21704 Nov 2, 2013
Barrock Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't feel bad my young marxist.... were gonna make all those damndable people give up everything they owned too. Its jist not fair that you lost your farm to those evil corporations without everyone else losing theirs. And nevermind I'm having 85 Billion dollars per year printed and pilfered down to those corporations whose lobbyists pour all that cash right into the lincoln bedroom
Oh crazy Tea Bagger. When will you ever be right? No, really. Every single claim you guys have ever made turns out to be tin foil hat looney. Maybe if one of your many, and I'm talking a crazy a week, predictions came true, the overwhelming majority of educated, tax paying, hard working Americans wouldn't despise you so much. Oh well. We can tell by your unelected golden boy, GW Bush, that you guys never really were that concerned with abysmal approval ratings. Now which part of your less than 30% approval rating is the "silent majority"? Aaaahhh ha ha ha ha ha!
Timmy Tea Bagger McVeigh

Canton, OH

#21705 Nov 2, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Roflmao....Sounds like the wrath of an idiot whose parents didn't work hard enough or were smart enough to be able to hang onto it so he's gonna take it out on those who were. Btw, before one acre was in my name I already had an office job at an evil corporation and already owned a qtr mil dollar house in the evil burbs. Now I own my gr gr grandpas acres too.
Sorry. I don't waste my time talking to fancy boys and their hand me down country club opinions. Us tax paying working people have real things to deal with. You stick to flakey stuff like invisible commies hiding under your couch, crying about taxes right after you got a tax break and they were the lowest in 50 years and birth certificate scandals that make you the Sarah Palin dingbat laughing stock of the nation.
Timmy Tea Bagger McVeigh

Canton, OH

#21706 Nov 2, 2013
Pops wrote:
Canton knows NOTHING about farming & IF his family tree had anything to do with farming, his branch was pruned long ago.
One point is that Canton does NOT realize that if one is a member of a farm FAMILY, they start WORKING at a very young age to tend crops, milk cows, spread 'fertilizers' collect & candle eggs, tend the hot houses, Farm fish & or freshwater shrimp, market the produce & or livestock, etc. There is NO other way that it works. That's the REAL facts from generation to generation of farm owners. EACH generation EARNS the passing of the family farm from great-grandparent to grandparent to grandchild/child etc. IT is NOT a freebee!! It has been earned!!
The alternative is to sell the land to a developer which happens all too often to pay taxes or settle family feuds or to simply escape the HARD life of a farmer.
Canton & others are unaware of the facts of real farm life. The 'KIDS" work from day one by performing the functions that I have mentioned & EARN what they inherit.
Just Another example of Mental Mud.
Darn. You caught me on my great conspiracy of claiming I worked on a farm when I was young. I almost got away with my evil scheme to blah blah blah. You are senile. Go change your diaper. You are stinking up the forum.
President McCain

Van Wert, OH

#21707 Nov 2, 2013
Timmy Tea Bagger McVeigh wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. I don't waste my time talking to fancy boys and their hand me down country club opinions. Us tax paying working people have real things to deal with. You stick to flakey stuff like invisible commies hiding under your couch, crying about taxes right after you got a tax break and they were the lowest in 50 years and birth certificate scandals that make you the Sarah Palin dingbat laughing stock of the nation.
And it's only a matter of time before he follows suit with his unmedicated Republican counterparts, dresses up in his good Sunday camo, and goes on a "super patriotic" shooting spree through the nearest airport waving his Gadsden flag and singing Kumbaya.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21708 Nov 2, 2013
Timmy Tea Bagger McVeigh wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny. You left out the part where your truck breaks down once a week due to environmental devices on it. Strange how you skipped over something you were so profound on in your earlier posts. You know, the ones where I said you are full of sh1t.
Why would I include that? It has nothing to do with what we were talking about.
Barrock Obama

Lilburn, GA

#21709 Nov 2, 2013
If I had any crony friends that were truck drivers i would just exempt anyone with their color of eyes and born on their exact birthday from having to use any dumbass EPA devices or laws or regulations.

Just like with my crony corporations and the way they do their taxes.
TruckFullOfLies

Canton, OH

#21710 Nov 2, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I include that? It has nothing to do with what we were talking about.
Yah, when complaining about what it takes to be a truck driver, I'm sure, even though you claimed your truck breaks down once a week due to environmental devices, you would just skip over that part of your daily routine. Sure you would. The only reason you didn't mention it is because you are a conniving liar who like most Tea Baggers, will say or do anything to get your way. Hey, did you notice that right wing Constitutionalist who went on a shooting spree? He had the same views as you Tea Baggers do. Now, please. Tell me some more about how you Tea Baggers are nothing like Timothy McVeigh.

Since: Aug 12

Lilburn, GA

#21711 Nov 2, 2013
Name one conservative who went on a shooting spree...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21713 Nov 2, 2013
TruckFullOfLies wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah, when complaining about what it takes to be a truck driver, I'm sure, even though you claimed your truck breaks down once a week due to environmental devices, you would just skip over that part of your daily routine. Sure you would. The only reason you didn't mention it is because you are a conniving liar who like most Tea Baggers, will say or do anything to get your way. Hey, did you notice that right wing Constitutionalist who went on a shooting spree? He had the same views as you Tea Baggers do. Now, please. Tell me some more about how you Tea Baggers are nothing like Timothy McVeigh.
The reason I was talking about the pollution crap on trucks is because the "subject" of the conversation was global warming. In this conversation, the "subject" is about what the requirements are to be a truck driver. See the difference?
Pops

Newport, KY

#21714 Nov 2, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason I was talking about the pollution crap on trucks is because the "subject" of the conversation was global warming. In this conversation, the "subject" is about what the requirements are to be a truck driver. See the difference?
No he doesn't. Because he doesn't care about anything except insulting others & lying about farming.
erfghjnm

Cincinnati, OH

#21715 Nov 2, 2013
george berry
President McCain

Van Wert, OH

#21716 Nov 2, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Name one conservative who went on a shooting spree...
Dick Cheney? Just kidding.
Statistically, you maniacal conservatives are more likely to blow up a federal building full of children for the Constitution, or up and move your suicide cult to some South American paradise and binge drink poison-laced Kool Aid for Jesus instead...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Photos 5 hr Net Nut 1
Jerkwad Jabbar-shooting details emerge: 8 hr Dennis E Gannon 6
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 8 hr bridges on fire 31,553
Police: Teen shot dead by shopper wanted shoes 11 hr Net Nut 4
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Sheboon 19,565
Merry Knobby Christmas 12 hr The Duke of Hazard 2
Despite this Hannity Insanity: 12 hr The Duke of Hazard 8
Xenia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Xenia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Xenia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Xenia

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News