Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Xenia Forum

Comments (Page 986)

Showing posts 19,701 - 19,720 of25,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
So, Pops, here's the short version: Republicans passed laws to address a non-existent problem, which had the effect of suppressing votes of groups that tend to vote Democratic.
If, when the Democrats are in power at the state level and they decide to limit polling places to cities (to save money of course!) However, it might have the result that rural folks (which tend to vote Republican) might be "too lazy" to drive into the city to vote and that would benefit the Democrats.
Would that distress you?
Lazy people live everywhere & I don't want lazy people voting. They would tend to expand the list of freebies that could NOT exist if not for the workers.
I have already addressed the rural voter's ID issue & how to improve it so address that or move on to something else. Another facet or something.
But in the same thought process as your claim that Repubs wrote & passed tilted laws, the same can properly be said about Dems & the ACA. BOTH are examples of why there is so much polarization today.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Lazy people live everywhere & I don't want lazy people voting. They would tend to expand the list of freebies that could NOT exist if not for the workers.
I have already addressed the rural voter's ID issue & how to improve it so address that or move on to something else. Another facet or something.
But in the same thought process as your claim that Repubs wrote & passed tilted laws, the same can properly be said about Dems & the ACA. BOTH are examples of why there is so much polarization today.
You're full of it, remember when election day was a day off to go vote. Not into today's world.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
So, Pops, here's the short version: Republicans passed laws to address a non-existent problem, which had the effect of suppressing votes of groups that tend to vote Democratic.
If, when the Democrats are in power at the state level and they decide to limit polling places to cities (to save money of course!) However, it might have the result that rural folks (which tend to vote Republican) might be "too lazy" to drive into the city to vote and that would benefit the Democrats.
Would that distress you?
But. that's not what channel Foxbaugh straight from Camp Sabotage told them.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
Would that distress you?
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Lazy people live everywhere & I don't want lazy people voting.
So, you would be OK with rural voters being disenfranchised? I don't like it at all. But I don't like laws designed to suppress the vote, no matter which party it favors.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>You're full of it, remember when election day was a day off to go vote. Not into today's world.
In todays world, your employer must allow you time to vote if your state doesn't have absentee ballots that anybody can use.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>You're full of it, remember when election day was a day off to go vote. Not into today's world.
Not a bad idea. Make election day a national holiday. And make voting mandatory, with a $500 fine if you fail to vote. Free transportation to the voting site and back home. And (just to show how sympathetic I am to those that worry about voter fraud) everyone gets a photo ID, totally free and available everywhere. Any documentation costs fall upon the government, and not the individual. Are my Republican friends with me?
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>But. that's not what channel Foxbaugh straight from Camp Sabotage told them.
Correct. They told us that if a white person can get an ID to vote, there's no reason why a black person can't do the same. Pretty stupid, huh?

Since: Aug 12

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Don't black folks in larger metro areas all go vote at least once in every poling station already? What more could they want??? If anyone begs to differ they just call in the black panther van o thugs approved by the attorney general himself!

“LIBERALISM WILL DOOM AMERICA”

Since: Sep 11

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

UdintBuildThat wrote:
Don't black folks in larger metro areas all go vote at least once in every poling station already? What more could they want??? If anyone begs to differ they just call in the black panther van o thugs approved by the attorney general himself!
ZAP!!!

“LIBERALISM WILL DOOM AMERICA”

Since: Sep 11

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a bad idea. Make election day a national holiday. And make voting mandatory, with a $500 fine if you fail to vote. Free transportation to the voting site and back home. And (just to show how sympathetic I am to those that worry about voter fraud) everyone gets a photo ID, totally free and available everywhere. Any documentation costs fall upon the government, and not the individual. Are my Republican friends with me?
YEP, but your "demo friends" are not likely to be with you.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if they get a "free" pizza on the way to the polls.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
I'm full of it? WOW. Thanx for the reminder. Yes I remember when election was a day off, like TODAY! All the more reason that more people can get to the polls. And ALL the more reason that there are fewer excuses NOT to make it.
In fact, let's make election day a state AND federal holiday from work & even fewer people would have an excuse. Of course food service & health care workers etc would still have to work but again, keep the polls open 5am - 8pm & there would be almost no excuses. Good idea Woo-Boy.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So, you would be OK with rural voters being disenfranchised? I don't like it at all. But I don't like laws designed to suppress the vote, no matter which party it favors.
I didn't say that at all. Please re-read my post.
You & I are not that far apart
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't make voting mandatory. That's a Violation of the 1st amendment. BUT that's an interesting idea.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a bad idea. Make election day a national holiday. And make voting mandatory, with a $500 fine if you fail to vote.
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>You can't make voting mandatory. That's a Violation of the 1st amendment. BUT that's an interesting idea.
Here's the full text of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

What part of that would prohibit making voting mandatory?
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
DON W SOUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
YEP, but your "demo friends" are not likely to be with you.
I'm pretty sure that action would favor the Democrats. But let the chips fall where they may. And thank you for your support!
YourDaughterLove sCanton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say that at all. Please re-read my post.
You & I are not that far apart
I can almost hear you gumming that microwaved can of peas. Obama is the reason your VCR has flashed 12:00 for 11 years.
YourDaughterLove sCanton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
I can't speak for every state But of course the pathway for an ID should not be insurmountable or overly difficult. I totally agree with that. IF a law has notable flaws it should be refined. Any of those laws should be litigated specifically. Not the 'scatter gun' nuclear tactics being argued today.
I won't argue the 'small numbers' of voter fraud happening. But I will compare it to shoplifting. Just because few people shop lift, should we dismiss fighting it?
Then there are the near countless peoples that live in small communities where elections are won & lost by single digit numbers. I once lived in such a place for years. Elections with an eight vote difference & There was a 50 vote or less difference many times.
I think googly eyed old kooks like you shouldn't be aloud to vote or drive. Bedtime for you, Bonzo.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
In todays world, your employer must allow you time to vote if your state doesn't have absentee ballots that anybody can use.
Really, like where? I've never heard of that law. I have heard of employers making people work surprise, unscheduled overtime on election day though.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. They told us that if a white person can get an ID to vote, there's no reason why a black person can't do the same. Pretty stupid, huh?
Those fumes from your truck must affect your attention span or reading comprehension. You've been shown different examples of supposed fraud and some of fraud, but you're little mind chooses to ignore and deny the facts. Prime example of a blind follower of the flock.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 19,701 - 19,720 of25,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Xenia Discussions

Search the Xenia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 49 min Solid 17,786
Obama poll, he lies a lot 2 hr CMS 1
Dayton ohio moral (Jun '09) 3 hr Look for 5
Happy Easter to all the moozlims! 12 hr The Duke of Hazard 3
Are Hookah Bars good for you? 12 hr The Duke of Hazard 4
tattoo parlors Sat kris moore 13
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Sat mjjcpa 170
•••
•••
•••
Xenia Dating

more search filters

less search filters