Pops

Newport, KY

#21477 Oct 26, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So, you would be OK with rural voters being disenfranchised? I don't like it at all. But I don't like laws designed to suppress the vote, no matter which party it favors.
I didn't say that at all. Please re-read my post.
You & I are not that far apart
Pops

Newport, KY

#21478 Oct 26, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a bad idea. Make election day a national holiday. And make voting mandatory, with a $500 fine if you fail to vote. Free transportation to the voting site and back home. And (just to show how sympathetic I am to those that worry about voter fraud) everyone gets a photo ID, totally free and available everywhere. Any documentation costs fall upon the government, and not the individual. Are my Republican friends with me?
You can't make voting mandatory. That's a Violation of the 1st amendment. BUT that's an interesting idea.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#21479 Oct 26, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a bad idea. Make election day a national holiday. And make voting mandatory, with a $500 fine if you fail to vote.
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>You can't make voting mandatory. That's a Violation of the 1st amendment. BUT that's an interesting idea.
Here's the full text of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

What part of that would prohibit making voting mandatory?
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#21480 Oct 26, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a bad idea. Make election day a national holiday. And make voting mandatory, with a $500 fine if you fail to vote. Free transportation to the voting site and back home. And (just to show how sympathetic I am to those that worry about voter fraud) everyone gets a photo ID, totally free and available everywhere. Any documentation costs fall upon the government, and not the individual. Are my Republican friends with me?
DON W SOUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
YEP, but your "demo friends" are not likely to be with you.
I'm pretty sure that action would favor the Democrats. But let the chips fall where they may. And thank you for your support!
YourDaughterLove sCanton

Canton, OH

#21481 Oct 26, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say that at all. Please re-read my post.
You & I are not that far apart
I can almost hear you gumming that microwaved can of peas. Obama is the reason your VCR has flashed 12:00 for 11 years.
YourDaughterLove sCanton

Canton, OH

#21482 Oct 26, 2013
Pops wrote:
I can't speak for every state But of course the pathway for an ID should not be insurmountable or overly difficult. I totally agree with that. IF a law has notable flaws it should be refined. Any of those laws should be litigated specifically. Not the 'scatter gun' nuclear tactics being argued today.
I won't argue the 'small numbers' of voter fraud happening. But I will compare it to shoplifting. Just because few people shop lift, should we dismiss fighting it?
Then there are the near countless peoples that live in small communities where elections are won & lost by single digit numbers. I once lived in such a place for years. Elections with an eight vote difference & There was a 50 vote or less difference many times.
I think googly eyed old kooks like you shouldn't be aloud to vote or drive. Bedtime for you, Bonzo.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#21483 Oct 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
In todays world, your employer must allow you time to vote if your state doesn't have absentee ballots that anybody can use.
Really, like where? I've never heard of that law. I have heard of employers making people work surprise, unscheduled overtime on election day though.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#21484 Oct 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. They told us that if a white person can get an ID to vote, there's no reason why a black person can't do the same. Pretty stupid, huh?
Those fumes from your truck must affect your attention span or reading comprehension. You've been shown different examples of supposed fraud and some of fraud, but you're little mind chooses to ignore and deny the facts. Prime example of a blind follower of the flock.
Pops

Newport, KY

#21485 Oct 27, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Here's the full text of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
What part of that would prohibit making voting mandatory?
How in the world can you protect ones right to speak & not protect their right to keep their mouths shut.
WE are NOT compelled to speak out on anything.
It would be tantamount to the protection of 'freedom of religion' & the freedom to be Atheist.
There's no real difference if SCOTUS can rule that burning the US flag is freedom of expression/speech which they have done.
Pops

Newport, KY

#21486 Oct 27, 2013
YourDaughterLovesCanton wrote:
<quoted text>
I think googly eyed old kooks like you shouldn't be aloud to vote or drive. Bedtime for you, Bonzo.
WTF?!? Mental Mud again.
It's allowed...not aloud & you still have nothing of substance to say. Why is that putz?
Never mind, I really don't care, I was just curious, but no longer.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21487 Oct 27, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Those fumes from your truck must affect your attention span or reading comprehension. You've been shown different examples of supposed fraud and some of fraud, but you're little mind chooses to ignore and deny the facts. Prime example of a blind follower of the flock.
No, it's just unlike you, I have things to do. I'm working on one of my apartments and come here on breaks so I really didn't read anything you posted for that reason, and the other reason is I would have to Google search your material to see how accurate it is.

I know there's voter fraud. I have an entire folder on it and I could post dozens of links if you desire. But rigging the elections is one reason why voter ID is needed. It won't solve all the problems with voting, but it's a good start. And if my white azz can get an ID to vote, so can any black person. It's no different than going grocery shopping. If I can buy a bag of carrots, any black person can buy a bag of carrots.

The thing about voter fraud is that you don't know it's happening until somebody gets caught. What about all the people that never get caught? There could be hundreds, thousands or even a million people and we would never know about it. It's like that black woman who claimed she voted for DumBama four times. The only reason we know about her is because she said it publicly. How many other people voted for DumBama four times?

We have one of the most failed Presidents in our lifetime, and he was reelected. Doesn't that tell you something is wrong? Either the voters became totally stupid, or something in that election was rigged.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21488 Oct 27, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Really, like where? I've never heard of that law. I have heard of employers making people work surprise, unscheduled overtime on election day though.
http://www.shrm.org/legalissues/stateandlocal...

Browse if you like or scroll right down to Ohio.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#21489 Oct 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.shrm.org/legalissues/stateandlocal...
Browse if you like or scroll right down to Ohio.
Only three states where I didn't see a time limitation and most of those were 2 hours. Look at articles across the country where the lack of machines had people standing in line from 4,6 or longer hours because they were determined to vote and saw the games that were being played. And every area that happened was primarily a Democrat heavy area. The GOP areas had NO such problems, along with plenty of extra machines. Keep spinning your broken record comments.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#21490 Oct 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's just unlike you, I have things to do. I'm working on one of my apartments and come here on breaks so I really didn't read anything you posted for that reason, and the other reason is I would have to Google search your material to see how accurate it is.
I know there's voter fraud. I have an entire folder on it and I could post dozens of links if you desire. But rigging the elections is one reason why voter ID is needed. It won't solve all the problems with voting, but it's a good start. And if my white azz can get an ID to vote, so can any black person. It's no different than going grocery shopping. If I can buy a bag of carrots, any black person can buy a bag of carrots.
The thing about voter fraud is that you don't know it's happening until somebody gets caught. What about all the people that never get caught? There could be hundreds, thousands or even a million people and we would never know about it. It's like that black woman who claimed she voted for DumBama four times. The only reason we know about her is because she said it publicly. How many other people voted for DumBama four times?
We have one of the most failed Presidents in our lifetime, and he was reelected. Doesn't that tell you something is wrong? Either the voters became totally stupid, or something in that election was rigged.
And most likely, mandated Section 8 repairs to keep your taxpayer paid for rent coming in, along with the healthy markup you throw onto them.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21491 Oct 27, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>And most likely, mandated Section 8 repairs to keep your taxpayer paid for rent coming in, along with the healthy markup you throw onto them.
Nope. My apartments sell themselves. I'm not section 8 certified and have no interest in being certified. Section 8 people don't belong in the suburbs. They belong in the inner-city. Suburbs should only be for people who have the financial ability to be there.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21492 Oct 27, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Only three states where I didn't see a time limitation and most of those were 2 hours. Look at articles across the country where the lack of machines had people standing in line from 4,6 or longer hours because they were determined to vote and saw the games that were being played. And every area that happened was primarily a Democrat heavy area. The GOP areas had NO such problems, along with plenty of extra machines. Keep spinning your broken record comments.
Well let's see, who is it that run these Democrat areas? Could it be Democrat politicians?

So what you are telling me is that Republicans are more organized, more efficient and bring solutions to the problems.

Gee, maybe that should be something for you to think about this next election.
Annie

Twinsburg, OH

#21494 Oct 27, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>WTF?!? Mental Mud again.
It's allowed...not aloud & you still have nothing of substance to say. Why is that putz?
Never mind, I really don't care, I was just curious, but no longer.
"aloud" vs "allowed" is the best put down ever. Canton can't even stutter that it was a typo An average 5th grader would know the difference between both words. I guess it's not smarter than a fifth grader, or, even a third grader.
LittleWhoringAnn ie

Canton, OH

#21495 Oct 27, 2013
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
"aloud" vs "allowed" is the best put down ever. Canton can't even stutter that it was a typo An average 5th grader would know the difference between both words. I guess it's not smarter than a fifth grader, or, even a third grader.
Yah but then rightwingers are known for touching toddlers. I'll go with can't spell any day. Get it right, little miss daddy/uncle's home schooled darling.
SilenceoftheAnn8 826

Canton, OH

#21496 Oct 27, 2013
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, the way you used "it's" to describe a person, reminds me of that creepy guy from Silence of the Lambs. It put the lotion on it's skin. Ahhh ha ha ha!
SilenceoftheAnn

Canton, OH

#21497 Oct 27, 2013
You Tea Baggers believe the EXACT same thing a child murderer and terrorist believes, as I clearly have pointed out. I misspelled a word. Ooooh you got me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 6 hr Telling the Truth 31,303
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr True blue 19,387
How liberal ladies can save lives: 16 hr masterofconcretep... 2
Looking for Prentice Richardson (Aka Buddy) (Apr '12) Thu jjsparks 8
dennis gannon Thu masterofconcretep... 14
LEON HARRISON: Profile of a loser (Aug '13) Thu masterofconcretep... 18
Dr Commander selvam swamiji sri selvam siddhar ... (Dec '11) Thu The Duke of Hazard 41
Xenia Dating
Find my Match

Xenia Jobs

Xenia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Xenia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Xenia

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]