xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20490 Sep 18, 2013
RealWorld wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, a link to a site that offers free blogs. Neat. So if I had a free blog site, I could claim the moon is made of cheese, without any of that pesky fact checking stuff. Thanks for someone's propaganda laced opinions but just don't try to pass it off as facts...again. I looked up media matters but the only people who think it's wrong is a fat, rightwing propaganda pill popper and a kook blog with nothing to back it up. Just like with the 97% of the scientific community who disagrees with you and yours, I'm guessing your bets are on the tinfoil hat 3% again. Seeing you personally have so much to lose in the climate change argument...ha ha ha ha! You get as much credit and respect as a truck driver who goes against 97% of the scientific community should get. You score 3 out of a 100. Also see tinfoil hat failure.
Oh please. Your global warming theory has been debunked. Ten Danson said that the north pole would be all water by 2013, today it has more ice than ever. Hey! Is Ted Danson a scientist? No, he's a stupid actor.

"I get soooo tired of hearing about how 97 percent of all climate scientists believe humans are responsible for global warming due to their insatiable addiction to fossil fuels as well as other anthropogenic sources of carbon dioxide generation. My friend Jim Lakely, of the Heartland Institute, has probably put together the best summary to bust this myth, so I’ll let him do the talking:

One of the most commonly cited studies of the “97 percent” was conducted by a University of Illinois professor and a graduate student who asked the following questions to 10,257 Earth scientists working for universities and government research agencies:

Q1. When compared with pre&#8208;1800s levels, do you think that mean global temperatures have generally risen, fallen, or remained relatively constant?”

Q2. Do you think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures?

They received responses from 3,146 people, of which only 5 percent self&#8208;identified as climate scientists. To get to the magic 97 percent in the affirmative to both questions — in the answers to questions even many skeptics would answer “yes”— the study’s authors had to whittle down the survey to a paltry 79 “climate scientists,” defined as those who also have “published more than 50 percent of their recent peer&#8208;reviewed papers on the subject of climate change.” The National Academy of Sciences survey is similarly skewed.

So, bottom line: A handful of “qualified” scientists asserting “fact” is not what it seems. Yet the enviro-left still clings to this fraudulent “argument by authority” nonsense."

http://www.theclimategatebook.com/busting-the...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20491 Sep 18, 2013
RealWorld wrote:
I'm sorry. I was too busy watching the news on the historic flooding in Colorado. Now go on. You guys were saying something about no such thing as climate change.
You got us there. Before Global Warming, we never had floods, droughts, tornados, hurricanes or fires. Those things only started to happen the last 100 years or so. LOL!
Toyota foreman

Mount Gilead, OH

#20492 Sep 18, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Old Guy. Sry that I may not have been clear. I am just tired of so many people defining anyone that is bi-racial as being of only one race as if that is what matters.
I have dated inter-racially & maybe that is a reason that I so dislike people that separate one from the other in such cases instead of looking at the whole.
I once knew a family that the vast majority called 'black'( That I dated) She was about as 50/50 as possible. Her own parents are 50/50 because her parents had 1 black parent & 1 white parent themselves. She & Some of her siblings had blue eyes & were different shades of complexion. WHY can't we ALL just be Americans? Just asking.
. Does anybody beside myself, notice you have more experiences than the bug infested matteress's at the Newport super 8 motel! Not being petty!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20493 Sep 18, 2013
Toyota foreman wrote:
<quoted text>. Does anybody beside myself, notice you have more experiences than the bug infested matteress's at the Newport super 8 motel! Not being petty!
Sounds like talk from experience.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20494 Sep 18, 2013
Toyota foreman wrote:
<quoted text>. Does anybody beside myself, notice you have more experiences than the bug infested matteress's at the Newport super 8 motel! Not being petty!
You got me there. I wouldn't know about a bug infested mattress at Motel 8 so I'll take your experienced word that there are a lot!
Pops

Newport, KY

#20495 Sep 18, 2013
Toyota foreman wrote:
In all seriousness, I do understand your view point. I was born when Truman was president & have been paying income taxes since '67. At times in my life I have worked more than 1 job. I have worked more jobs than I can count plus I have had years as a single custodial dad. Have reasonable intelligence & common sense. Have served in the military with an Honorable Discharge, worked as a volunteer in scouts & youth sports, worked with Big Brothers & Big Sisters, tutored mentally handicapped, Tourettes, A.D.D & A.D.H.D., Asmatics & read to class rooms of kids, shared my 'pet' snakes, lizards, & spiders with school kids for a sort of 'show & tell' scenerio & more.
I have not left North America but have visited or lived in 38 states plus Canada & Mexico. I have been jailed, divorced & have been to court with juvenile children.
I have invested in businesses that failed & have walked away from businesses that happened to succeed.
I will make absolutely NO apologies for having a diversified life. IF someone does not care to learn from my sharing my experiences, that is their issue, not mine.
I am NOT going to apologize for having a very full life of varied learning experiences.
I could be even more specific but see no need to as I have stated much to this point.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20496 Sep 18, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the most commonly cited studies of the “97 percent” was conducted by a University of Illinois professor and a graduate student ... To get to the magic 97 percent in the affirmative to both questions — in the answers to questions even many skeptics would answer “yes”— the study’s authors had to whittle down the survey to a paltry 79 “climate scientists...
Let's look at the real article, instead of taking the word of someone at the Heartland Institute:

"Between December 2008 and July 2009, we collected the number of climate-relevant publications for all 1,372 researchers from Google Scholar (search terms:“author:fi-lastname climate”), as well as the number of times cited for each researcher's four top-cited articles in any field (search term “climate” removed). Overall number of publications was not used because it was not possible to provide accurate publication counts in all cases because of similarly named researchers. We verified, however, author identity for the four top-cited papers by each author.

To examine only researchers with demonstrated climate expertise, we imposed a 20 climate-publications minimum to be considered a climate researcher, bringing the list to 908 researchers..."
http://www.pnas.org/content/107/27/12107.long
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20497 Sep 18, 2013
"Without valid refutation, Heartland fully dismissed our citations of two separate peer-reviewed studies (from PNAS, 2010 and Environmental Research Letters, 2013) showing 97%-98% consensus among active climate scientists about the existence and cause of global warming. Nor did Heartland acknowledge the review of thousands of peer-reviewed papers on climate change, concluding that only 24 of 13,950 rejected global warming."
http://www.desmogblog.com/2013/09/17/two-twee...
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20498 Sep 18, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll answer your question with another question: what if 94% of all whites voted McCain instead of DumBama? Would you claim white people are generally not racist?
I'll answer your question with yet another question: "If you had gone to college, would you understand what a false predicate is?"
kjuytfd

Dayton, OH

#20499 Sep 19, 2013
me
ConvoyOfIgnoranc e

Canton, OH

#20500 Sep 20, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. Your global warming theory has been debunked. Ten Danson said that the north pole would be all water by 2013, today it has more ice than ever. Hey! Is Ted Danson a scientist? No, he's a stupid actor.
"I get soooo tired of hearing about how 97 percent of all climate scientists believe humans are responsible for global warming due to their insatiable addiction to fossil fuels as well as other anthropogenic sources of carbon dioxide generation. My friend Jim Lakely, of the Heartland Institute, has probably put together the best summary to bust this myth, so I’ll let him do the talking:
One of the most commonly cited studies of the “97 percent” was conducted by a University of Illinois professor and a graduate student who asked the following questions to 10,257 Earth scientists working for universities and government research agencies:
Q1. When compared with pre&#8208;1800s levels, do you think that mean global temperatures have generally risen, fallen, or remained relatively constant?”
Q2. Do you think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures?
They received responses from 3,146 people, of which only 5 percent self&#8208;identified as climate scientists. To get to the magic 97 percent in the affirmative to both questions — in the answers to questions even many skeptics would answer “yes”— the study’s authors had to whittle down the survey to a paltry 79 “climate scientists,” defined as those who also have “published more than 50 percent of their recent peer&#8208;reviewed papers on the subject of climate change.” The National Academy of Sciences survey is similarly skewed.
So, bottom line: A handful of “qualified” scientists asserting “fact” is not what it seems. Yet the enviro-left still clings to this fraudulent “argument by authority” nonsense."
http://www.theclimategatebook.com/busting-the...
Guess it was just luck that the majority of climate scientists predicted the planet was warming right before THE HOTTEST DECADE IN RECORDED HISTORY. Say it with me, lil' tinfoil hat boy. Also, just because you are far too stupid to realize that most of the recent weather events you so cockishly rattled off have been record setting if not completely unheard of 20 years ago. I'm sure when you were a kid, you used to love it when it thunder snowed. Remember that as a child? How about when you were young and the ducks never flew south because the lake didn't freeze over? Remember that? How about those roses that were in bloom in late September or those ripe raspberries you used to pick in Ohio's December? Good old days, huh? Some things never change. Take this rare and unheard of in this part of the world, fatal TROPICAL disease that has already started showing up in the United States for instance. We all remember as children how we had to be on the look out for TROPICAL diseases when we were out playing in the woods, right? You remember those days, don't cha' Rubber Ducky?

I provided a link here. Sorry that it isn't as rock solid as the "facts" you always post on here from the oil industry propaganda sites. My links go to these things that are known as documented facts. You should try them sometime.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009...

The smart people of this country can only hope that you guys pull your heads out of your @sses before your greed and ignorance wipes out the younger generations.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20501 Sep 20, 2013
ConvoyOfIgnorance wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess it was just luck that the majority of climate scientists predicted the planet was warming right before THE HOTTEST DECADE IN RECORDED HISTORY. Say it with me, lil' tinfoil hat boy. Also, just because you are far too stupid to realize that most of the recent weather events you so cockishly rattled off have been record setting if not completely unheard of 20 years ago. I'm sure when you were a kid, you used to love it when it thunder snowed. Remember that as a child? How about when you were young and the ducks never flew south because the lake didn't freeze over? Remember that? How about those roses that were in bloom in late September or those ripe raspberries you used to pick in Ohio's December? Good old days, huh? Some things never change. Take this rare and unheard of in this part of the world, fatal TROPICAL disease that has already started showing up in the United States for instance. We all remember as children how we had to be on the look out for TROPICAL diseases when we were out playing in the woods, right? You remember those days, don't cha' Rubber Ducky?
I provided a link here. Sorry that it isn't as rock solid as the "facts" you always post on here from the oil industry propaganda sites. My links go to these things that are known as documented facts. You should try them sometime.
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009...
The smart people of this country can only hope that you guys pull your heads out of your @sses before your greed and ignorance wipes out the younger generations.
So you try to make a case of global warming because five Americans died from some fungus since 2004? Well....... I suppose that's the best you got.

What I got are dirty e-mails where it's been written by those scary global scientists that Global Warming was nothing more than a hoax; something we've been saying all along. Now they're trying to look for excuses why the planet isn't heating even though we have more CO2 than ever before!

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/09/20/war...

This is what happens when you believe that man is the highest power in the universe. Ye of little faith. You laugh and insult Jesus and God because you think biblical stories are so far fetched, but also believes that man controls the temperature of the earth. What's more far fetched?

Well God played another joke on you Rubber Dicky. He is showing us that nature (as you call it) has the God given abilities to take care of this planet much better than a bunch of liberals. The same liberals that don't understand how it all works yet and probably never will.

But even if we could learn all there is about this mystical planet and how it exactly works, liberals would still be crying about global warming because that's where all the money and power resides. The 97 percenters don't need to be looking for another job. They like that government/ college funding right where it's at.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#20502 Sep 21, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So you try to make a case of global warming because five Americans died from some fungus since 2004? Well....... I suppose that's the best you got.
What I got are dirty e-mails where it's been written by those scary global scientists that Global Warming was nothing more than a hoax; something we've been saying all along. Now they're trying to look for excuses why the planet isn't heating even though we have more CO2 than ever before!
This is what happens when you believe that man is the highest power in the universe. Ye of little faith. You laugh and insult Jesus and God because you think biblical stories are so far fetched, but also believes that man controls the temperature of the earth. What's more far fetched?
Well God played another joke on you Rubber Dicky. He is showing us that nature (as you call it) has the God given abilities to take care of this planet much better than a bunch of liberals. The same liberals that don't understand how it all works yet and probably never will.
But even if we could learn all there is about this mystical planet and how it exactly works, liberals would still be crying about global warming because that's where all the money and power resides. The 97 percenters don't need to be looking for another job. They like that government/ college funding right where it's at.
Woo-hoo, Fauxnews, a real credible source, had to go to court to be able to lie about their reporting.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20503 Sep 21, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Woo-hoo, Fauxnews, a real credible source, had to go to court to be able to lie about their reporting.
Like fishing in a bathtub. LOL!

Post number 20312:
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who are clueless are those who use Rush, Hannity and Fox as some sort of argument instead of bringing something of substance to the table.

You leftists don't even realize how you've been brainwashed by your leaders to respond that way like a programmed robot.

Conservative tells the truth.

Response: Rush, Hannity Beck.

Conservative points to something Obama did wrong.

Response: it's the Republicans fault.

Conservative criticizes Obama's actions.

Response: Republicans are racist.

You people are so much like a machine I bet I could tell you what your response is going to be before you even post it. I don't know if there's an individual thought among any of you liberals.
Slim Fensterbrecher

Columbus, OH

#20504 Sep 21, 2013
Liberals are completely brain-washed. No original thoughts at all. Of course there leader is a dementia ridden hag who I think has a school girl crush on Obama.
haha

Waverly, OH

#20505 Sep 21, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Woo-hoo, Fauxnews, a real credible source, had to go to court to be able to lie about their reporting.
Looks like you never read the case you speak so highly of.
And how did NBC and ABC get by with lies they have told?
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20506 Sep 22, 2013
haha wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like you never read the case you speak so highly of.
And how did NBC and ABC get by with lies they have told?
I had never heard about this until now. Fox was found guilty of knowingly distorting the news. But it was reversed on appeal, because "the Federal Communications Commission position against news distortion is only a “policy,” not a promulgated law, rule, or regulation." That fact that they knowingly distorted the news was never disputed.

Do you have an example of either NBC or ABC being taken to court on similar charges?

"On August 18, 2000, a six-person jury was unanimous in its conclusion that Akre was indeed fired for threatening to report the station's pressure to broadcast what jurors decided was "a false, distorted, or slanted" story about the widespread use of growth hormone in dairy cows.

The court did not dispute the heart of Akre's claim, that Fox pressured her to broadcast a false story to protect the broadcaster from having to defend the truth in court, as well as suffer the ire of irate advertisers. Fox argued from the first, and failed on three separate occasions, in front of three different judges, to have the case tossed out on the grounds there is no hard, fast, and written rule against deliberate distortion of the news.

The attorneys for Fox, owned by media baron Rupert Murdoch, argued the First Amendment gives broadcasters the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on the public airwaves.

In its six-page written decision, the Court of Appeals held that the Federal Communications Commission position against news distortion is only a "policy," not a promulgated law, rule, or regulation. Fox aired a report after the ruling saying it was "totally vindicated" by the verdict."

http://ceasespin.org/ceasespin_blog/ceasespin...
Pops

Newport, KY

#20507 Sep 22, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll answer your question with yet another question: "If you had gone to college, would you understand what a false predicate is?"
I wouldn't understand a false predicate. Or diagramming a sentence etc. Those English classes are too too many years ago.
Not to mention that the American use of the English language & its construction is one of the easiest to make jokes of in many ways for for the English major.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20508 Sep 22, 2013
That is when the actual vernacular use is compare to the formal collegiate standards.
PornLovingTrucke r

Canton, OH

#20509 Sep 22, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha! Your link says Fox News and Sciene in the same line. The fact that just reading the wording of the link you provided makes me laugh speaks volumes. Now if your way is so popular, I wonder why your agenda got smashed like a tinfoil hat by voting America? So let's review. The overwhelming majority of Americans disagree with your political agenda and an overwhelming majority of scientists disagree with the oil lobby propaganda you so gleefully gulp down. Get it right, truck driving weather expert. You had your big day in the sun and the great country of the United States of America told you and yours to go bye bye. Now keep your kookie fringe group oil cult theories away from the children, while we continue to dig ourselves out of your stupidity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 1 hr Evil in Springboro 31,560
Jerkwad Jabbar-shooting details emerge: 11 hr bite me 8
Happy Kwanzaa! Thu The Hack Checker 1
Bad experience at Miami Valley Hospital Thu talker43 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu Bently 19,568
Merry Christmas Thu Merry Christmas 1
Photos Wed Net Nut 1
Xenia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Xenia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Xenia News, Events & Info