Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#30358 Jun 18, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't apply to Taliban Ray. His boss was providing his coverage. Nothing changed for him or his boss as a result of the ACA. His boss just decided to dump him and Taliban Ray chooses to blame Obama for it.
Does in California which is why the Liberals in California hate Obamacare.

The cost of health coverage rises for these Californians

Victoria Colliver

Updated 6:34 am, Thursday, February 27, 2014

In California, an individual plan that cost an average of $196 a month before the health law went into effect now costs an average of $331 a month, according to eHealth, a Mountain View company that is the largest online broker of health insurance in the country. The firm's report offers one of the first and most comprehensive looks at the cost of individual policies purchased outside the so-called exchanges.

http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/The-cost...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#30359 Jun 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And you continue to display your public education. How many times do I have to explain this to you? Back on the short bus with ya.
You can stop now if you like. But if you keep trying to explain, I will keep pointing out how your explanation is bullshit.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#30360 Jun 18, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Does in California which is why the Liberals in California hate Obamacare.
The cost of health coverage rises for these Californians
Victoria Colliver
Updated 6:34 am, Thursday, February 27, 2014
In California, an individual plan that cost an average of $196 a month before the health law went into effect now costs an average of $331 a month, according to eHealth, a Mountain View company that is the largest online broker of health insurance in the country. The firm's report offers one of the first and most comprehensive looks at the cost of individual policies purchased outside the so-called exchanges.
http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/The-cost...
How misleading, Indy. You left out of your post a rather important qualifier:

The Affordable Care Act has led to higher health insurance premiums and deductibles for consumers who buy coverage outside the federal or state-run marketplaces, according to an analysis released Wednesday.

I wonder why that "study" chose to only look at people who bought coverage outside of the exchanges. Could it be because the data wouldn't fit their agenda if they broadened their scope?

Location hidden

#30361 Jun 18, 2014
<quoted text>
How misleading, Indy. You left out of your post a rather important qualifier:
The Affordable Care Act has led to higher health insurance premiums and deductibles for consumers who buy coverage outside the federal or state-run marketplaces, according to an analysis released Wednesday.
I wonder why that "study" chose to only look at people who bought coverage outside of the exchanges. Could it be because the data wouldn't fit their agenda if they broadened their scope?
Point is you dont get the Federal Subsidies if you dont buy the health insurance through the market place which is BS which those plan are not offered on the Healthcare Market Place which is BS too.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30362 Jun 18, 2014
<quoted text>
You can stop now if you like. But if you keep trying to explain, I will keep pointing out how your explanation is bullshit.
It's no wonder why liberals are considered so dense. It's so difficult to get anything through your heads. I've explained it over and over and yet, you liberals continue to ask the same stupid questions as if they weren't answered several times already.

You libs remind me of my drunken neighbor. Once intoxicated, he tells the same stories over and over and never realizes he's repeating himself. It's not a wonder why you vote the way you do.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#30363 Jun 18, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Point is you dont get the Federal Subsidies if you dont buy the health insurance through the market place which is BS which those plan are not offered on the Healthcare Market Place which is BS too.
Wow.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#30364 Jun 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no wonder why liberals are considered so dense. It's so difficult to get anything through your heads. I've explained it over and over and yet, you liberals continue to ask the same stupid questions as if they weren't answered several times already.
You libs remind me of my drunken neighbor. Once intoxicated, he tells the same stories over and over and never realizes he's repeating himself. It's not a wonder why you vote the way you do.
You "can't get anything through my head" because my head is immune to your foolishness.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30365 Jun 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Was that from a poll you took on a cigarette break?
I'm fortunate to be in the business of customer service where I talk to dozens of people every single week. You don't need to take polls, all you have to do is have friendly conversations.

Much different than staring at a television set all day long or perhaps going to internet sites that you know have people that will agree with you. How can any working person believe that it's fair for government to take their money and give it to somebody else less deserving of that money? You don't think I see red flashing lights when somebody has that political view and states they work?

As a working person, let me tell you what I would think if somebody posted my situation:

The first thing I would be concerned about is if the same thing could happen to me. No hint of that concern from any of you. Secondly, I would have to ask myself the question as to if I would be able to cough up $500.00 per month every month year round if my employer dropped my healthcare coverage--worse for a person that provided for his family. Again, not even a thought in any of your heads.

Instead, you rant on about how I optionally didn't get coverage as if I could afford it. Then go on about how easy it is to come up with that kind of money after paying bills and so forth.

What does this tell me? It tells me you people don't work. To make the claim that it would be so easy to "adjust" to losing your health insurance tells me you couldn't possibly have a legitimate job where this would be a concern for you as it is me. Because if you people did work, it would bother you deeply as the exact same thing could happen to you. It should frighten any real working person.

Location hidden

#30366 Jun 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Wow.
I believe the Federal Government should eliminate the Federal Subsidies and let people find out what Obamacare really is about.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#30367 Jun 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm fortunate to be in the business of customer service where I talk to dozens of people every single week. You don't need to take polls, all you have to do is have friendly conversations.
Much different than staring at a television set all day long or perhaps going to internet sites that you know have people that will agree with you. How can any working person believe that it's fair for government to take their money and give it to somebody else less deserving of that money? You don't think I see red flashing lights when somebody has that political view and states they work?
As a working person, let me tell you what I would think if somebody posted my situation:
The first thing I would be concerned about is if the same thing could happen to me. No hint of that concern from any of you. Secondly, I would have to ask myself the question as to if I would be able to cough up $500.00 per month every month year round if my employer dropped my healthcare coverage--worse for a person that provided for his family. Again, not even a thought in any of your heads.
Instead, you rant on about how I optionally didn't get coverage as if I could afford it. Then go on about how easy it is to come up with that kind of money after paying bills and so forth.
What does this tell me? It tells me you people don't work. To make the claim that it would be so easy to "adjust" to losing your health insurance tells me you couldn't possibly have a legitimate job where this would be a concern for you as it is me. Because if you people did work, it would bother you deeply as the exact same thing could happen to you. It should frighten any real working person.
One of your many problems is that you don't listen very well. No one here has said it should be easy for you to come up with an extra $500. What I have said is that it isn't the POTUS' fault that you lost your coverage. It is your boss's fault. You acknowledged that once, for about 10 seconds, and then went back on your Obama rants.

Another one of your problems is that you assume and assign to others traits and experiences that you conclude they must possess because of their political beliefs. You don't know me, Taliban Ray. Dig this. I'm more successful than you. I pay my own health insurance. Always have. I have never had an employer or a government pay it for me. I don't have a boss. I have earned the right not to have one. I am beholden to no one. I don't have to kiss anyone's ass to pay my bills. I believe a society should take care of its weakest members. I'm willing to pay my hard earned money to do that. I'm willing to pay more so you could have a tax subsidy to help you pay your insurance even though you really don't deserve it. Not everyone in the world operates out of sheer selfishness like you do, TR. Some of us have dedication to the greater good.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#30368 Jun 18, 2014
super mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your position. But how do you finally make a choice?
I used to debate an independent who is staunchly pro-2nd Amendment, which is typically not the position of democrats. But on the other hand, he believed tax increases were necessary, and he despised the top 1%. He ended up voting for Obama in 2012, and needless to say, he has buyer's remorse. But that aside, I honestly don't get that kind of dilemma. Anyone who knows anything about democrats, knows that their ultimate objective is to ban guns. They are also in thick with Wall St. and the wealthy. All their rhetoric is designed to do, is to pit one "class" of people against another, in an attempt to not only get votes, but also fool the lower classes into supporting tax hikes. But what the lower classes refuse to understand, is that they will not be immune to tax hikes, once those doors are opened.
Maybe two of the core problems for many independents is a lack of understanding of history, as well as an inability to see that the rhetoric of some politicians doesn't match the ideology.
Fair question. I appreciate your use of the word 'typically'...I should have used that one. It would have aided the msg that I was trying to make. But like I said Before, I listen to their campaign speeches, closely because I am a skeptic of ALL politicians & media. I check their records if they have any. Voting records, donations, experience for the position, group affiliations, education/degrees & place of education, religion is on the list too but usually low on the list. Unless they attend Jeremiah Wrongs church for decades but claim to NOT know of the msg that he was preaching etc. In that specific case I know that they are lying. IF they have politacal experience, did they follow the will of their voters? IF they did, they have exhibited integrity whether their beliefs are exactly the same of mine or not, I can presume that they are honest to the position. Also whether they were activists & activist for what. Whether they favored the constitution or wanted to violate it etc. The answer to all of these questions & more determine if they are on the same page as me & if they have scruples. There's more of course but this should be a proper example. Does this answer your very appropriate question?
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#30369 Jun 18, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I believe the Federal Government should eliminate the Federal Subsidies and let people find out what Obamacare really is about.
I believe that the Federal gov should eliminate subsudies because it is NOT their pervue to begin with. They (subsidies) have become a legal way to buy votes. Or should I say, " a covert way" to buy votes?
As old as it is, there is nothing wrong with the Constitution, especially since it allows for LAWFUL ways to change it. What is wrong with that?

Location hidden

#30370 Jun 18, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that the Federal gov should eliminate subsudies because it is NOT their pervue to begin with. They (subsidies) have become a legal way to buy votes. Or should I say, " a covert way" to buy votes?
As old as it is, there is nothing wrong with the Constitution, especially since it allows for LAWFUL ways to change it. What is wrong with that?
I can agree with what your saying about buying votes and Modern Liberalism is notorious for redistributing tax dollars to buy votes.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#30371 Jun 18, 2014
Canton wrote:
Just read that people with diabetes cost Americans 250 billion dollars a year. Now that's what I call responsibility.
Factor in that they usually die sooner & your overall costs chart shifts the other way.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#30372 Jun 18, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Factor in that they usually die sooner & your overall costs chart shifts the other way.
Finally, some good news.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30373 Jun 18, 2014
<quoted text>
One of your many problems is that you don't listen very well. No one here has said it should be easy for you to come up with an extra $500. What I have said is that it isn't the POTUS' fault that you lost your coverage. It is your boss's fault. You acknowledged that once, for about 10 seconds, and then went back on your Obama rants.
Another one of your problems is that you assume and assign to others traits and experiences that you conclude they must possess because of their political beliefs. You don't know me, Taliban Ray. Dig this. I'm more successful than you. I pay my own health insurance. Always have. I have never had an employer or a government pay it for me. I don't have a boss. I have earned the right not to have one. I am beholden to no one. I don't have to kiss anyone's ass to pay my bills. I believe a society should take care of its weakest members. I'm willing to pay my hard earned money to do that. I'm willing to pay more so you could have a tax subsidy to help you pay your insurance even though you really don't deserve it. Not everyone in the world operates out of sheer selfishness like you do, TR. Some of us have dedication to the greater good.
I'm so amazed at how nearly every liberal on the internet it so self-supportive, wealthy, or otherwise have no need for a job. Others of course state that they work from home. Why is it few Republican or conservatives can make this claim?

Seems to me the only real working people here with blue collar jobs is me and Pops. Everybody else? They have alternative income revenues.

You have dedication to the "greater good?" Then tell us how many charities you contribute to (as if I would believe it anyway.) Tell us why you need government to make these charitable contributions instead of making it directly yourself?

Again, so dense. So let's try to pound this into your thick skull again: If not for Commie Care, I and millions of others would have never lost their health insurance. Thousands (like the employees at the Cleveland Clinic) would not have lost their jobs. You must think I'm a complete idiot to conclude that this is all a matter of bad timing; coincidental.

But then again, I'm sure you also believe that Benghazi was the result of a video on the internet nobody really seen, or perhaps that the IRS had a computer crash that resulted in all e-mailes related to the IRS scandal being lost forever.

I'll tell you, if I ever wanted to try to sell somebody a bridge, I would make sure it was a liberal, because you clowns will believe anything.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#30374 Jun 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
In the early 1970s I remember talking to a college student who was convinced that George McGovern would be our next President because everyone she knew was for him. We tend to hang out with folks that share our beliefs, and that can skew your perceptions of reality.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Much different than staring at a television set all day long or perhaps going to internet sites that you know have people that will agree with you.
I agree with you about this, and I would add talk radio to that mix. If we want to get stronger intellectually, we need to be exposed to ideas that challenge our beliefs and make us uncomfortable. The real growth happens when you are all by yourself, in a quiet place, and realize that an old, comfortable belief is in error, and that you must part company.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#30377 Jun 19, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
In the early 1970s I remember talking to a college student who was convinced that George McGovern would be our next President because everyone she knew was for him. We tend to hang out with folks that share our beliefs, and that can skew your perceptions of reality.
<quoted text>
I agree with you about this, and I would add talk radio to that mix. If we want to get stronger intellectually, we need to be exposed to ideas that challenge our beliefs and make us uncomfortable. The real growth happens when you are all by yourself, in a quiet place, and realize that an old, comfortable belief is in error, and that you must part company.
you explained liberals to a t.

we are waiting on their growth., but parted company.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30378 Jun 19, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Well Old Guy that's kind of my point. I'm not having these discussions at a conservative club meeting, I talk to a lot of people many who I don't know what their politics are. Debate is where you learn things and have interesting discussions as long as it doesn't get personal which happens quite a bit with liberals. Imagine how boring a blog would be with everybody that shares your exact point of view.

I have regular customers, new customers and even some people I will likely never see again in my life. Most of the time I talk to the people that load or unload me at the docks, but I also get to talk with many supervisors, salesmen and even company owners. At times the suit and ties like to be there when a product is being shipped to one of their customers, or to be first to inspect an awaited product coming in.

Then I have my own people--other truck drivers on the CB. For some reason, it seems a lot of drivers are into politics. There are times when we have anywhere from five to ten drivers discussing issues when we're all going in the same direction on the highway. Most are conservative because of the never ending regulations on our industry, but there are a few liberal drivers too. Those discussions are particularly interesting when we have drivers from Canada or our southern border in the mix.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#30379 Jun 19, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so amazed at how nearly every liberal on the internet it so self-supportive, wealthy, or otherwise have no need for a job. Others of course state that they work from home. Why is it few Republican or conservatives can make this claim?
Seems to me the only real working people here with blue collar jobs is me and Pops. Everybody else? They have alternative income revenues.
You have dedication to the "greater good?" Then tell us how many charities you contribute to (as if I would believe it anyway.) Tell us why you need government to make these charitable contributions instead of making it directly yourself?
Again, so dense. So let's try to pound this into your thick skull again: If not for Commie Care, I and millions of others would have never lost their health insurance. Thousands (like the employees at the Cleveland Clinic) would not have lost their jobs. You must think I'm a complete idiot to conclude that this is all a matter of bad timing; coincidental.
But then again, I'm sure you also believe that Benghazi was the result of a video on the internet nobody really seen, or perhaps that the IRS had a computer crash that resulted in all e-mailes related to the IRS scandal being lost forever.
I'll tell you, if I ever wanted to try to sell somebody a bridge, I would make sure it was a liberal, because you clowns will believe anything.
Like I said, you don't listen. That's why you are going to remain stupid, worshipping the people that have every incentive to keep you right where you are. If you weren't so cocksure about the things you are so wrong about, it would be kind of sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Chuck 19,382
Looking for Prentice Richardson (Aka Buddy) (Apr '12) 9 hr jjsparks 8
dennis gannon 10 hr masterofconcretep... 14
LEON HARRISON: Profile of a loser (Aug '13) 11 hr masterofconcretep... 18
Dr Commander selvam swamiji sri selvam siddhar ... (Dec '11) 15 hr The Duke of Hazard 41
Leon Harrison brand urinal cakes (Jul '13) Wed Tina 21
Student Group Plans Ohio Statehouse Protest Wed They cannot kill ... 2
Xenia Dating
Find my Match

Xenia Jobs

Xenia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Xenia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Xenia

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]