Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#27870 Apr 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that heroine dealers are much more likely to be violent because the police are coming to haul them to jail. Nobody was trying to arrest Bundy. They went there to kidnap his cattle.Big difference.
Heroine dealers huh? Where can I find one of those? That would be pretty cool if I could just make a call and have one show up.

And kidnapping cattle? I wasn't aware that one could kidnap an animal.

Now I'm beginning to see why someone called Columbus Topix a "resource".

I learn something new every day here.

woof
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27872 Apr 27, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one poster here who's posts are so painfully stupid, so obviously misinformed and so inexplicably self assured that I can't force myself to read them to completion.
Then scroll right past them. Nobody wants to hear from you anyway.
Sam

Akron, OH

#27874 Apr 27, 2014
PEACE be with you.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#27875 Apr 27, 2014
Pops wrote:
In my opinion, where the Feds went wrong with Cliven Bundy was that the typical M.O. for ANYONE behind on their taxes or debts would be to put a lien on their home, car, property, factory equipment, livestock, bank account or attach their pay check.
Fall behind on your car payments, and a repo man will come and take back your car. Park your car on private property and it will be physically removed and held until you pay your penalties. These actions can also lead to confrontations, sometimes. A lien is ineffective until the person tries to transfer the property.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#27876 Apr 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the IRS that's supposed to handle situations like this.
I can't understand your reasoning. What does this case have to do with taxes?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27877 Apr 27, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't understand your reasoning. What does this case have to do with taxes?
Grazing fees are taxes, at least that's the term many in the media are using.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27878 Apr 27, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Fall behind on your car payments, and a repo man will come and take back your car. Park your car on private property and it will be physically removed and held until you pay your penalties. These actions can also lead to confrontations, sometimes. A lien is ineffective until the person tries to transfer the property.
Your'e comparing private property to public land. Nobody repo's a car or removes a car from a parking facility armed with a machine gun.

The issue is not government taking action against Bundy, it's the type of action they took that's concerning.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27880 Apr 27, 2014
<quoted text>
How many times were they supposed to say "pretty please get your cattle off our land" before doing something about it?
How would you feel if you didn't pay your property or income tax and they came to your door the way they approached Bundy? You'd be okay with that?

Of course you would. You're a liberal.
Canton

Canton, OH

#27881 Apr 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that heroine dealers are much more likely to be violent because the police are coming to haul them to jail. Nobody was trying to arrest Bundy. They went there to kidnap his cattle.Big difference.
A better comparison is that you don't have health insurance, so the IRS "taxes" you. You don't pay the tax and then they come to your house armed to the gill and physically threaten you.
Just because Bundy was on Hannity doesn't mean a thing. Hannity is a talk show host and has lots of people on his show. That's how you get ratings. I don't watch Hannity so I don't know what their exchange was about. I do watch Bill O'Reilly and I can honestly say that I haven't seen Bundy on his show, nor has Bill O said Bundy was in his legal rights.
http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/04/25/orei...
So unlike the heroine dealers, the armed people who showed up to support an old millionaire breaking the law for 20 years were there with their rifles to spread a message of peace...right? Bundy was on Hannity for 5 days in a row. You know, typical talk show stuff where they have the same guest on over and over again, day after day. How about all the law abiding citizens who paid their grazing fees? How's come they have the money to uphold their part but the millionaire racist rancher in Nevada is above all that and doesn't have to abide by the rules. I know. Why don't we all pick and choose which Federal Laws we want to follow and we can all line up women and hide behind them with assault rifles if we don't want to obey one of them. Seems like a productive society...right?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27883 Apr 27, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
So unlike the heroine dealers, the armed people who showed up to support an old millionaire breaking the law for 20 years were there with their rifles to spread a message of peace...right? Bundy was on Hannity for 5 days in a row. You know, typical talk show stuff where they have the same guest on over and over again, day after day. How about all the law abiding citizens who paid their grazing fees? How's come they have the money to uphold their part but the millionaire racist rancher in Nevada is above all that and doesn't have to abide by the rules. I know. Why don't we all pick and choose which Federal Laws we want to follow and we can all line up women and hide behind them with assault rifles if we don't want to obey one of them. Seems like a productive society...right?
From what I understand, Bundy is one of the last ranchers out there because of these grazing fees. What you on the left don't understand is that it's the little guy that eventually pays these taxes anyway. All costs that producers have to endure gets passed down to us in the form or product or service that they sell. It's what I've been telling you all along when it comes to this pollution crap that we have to use in our trucks these days. We have to keep increasing our rates, our customers have to increase the price of their products to cover these increasing costs, and it all gets paid by the consumer.

Now when it comes to the Bundy situation, who showed up with firearms first, Bundy or the government?

As I discussed earlier, I had to evict a family of four from one of my apartments for not paying rent last October. I didn't approach them with a gun, I posted an eviction notice on their door. Then I had to go to court three times to resolve the matter. They finally moved out the day the city was going to come here and throw them out. Now I'm in the process of wage garnishment and it's going to take me nearly the rest of the year to get what they owe me if my former tenant doesn't quit his job first, and a good chunk of that money is because I could not change the locks and kick them out immediately. I had to do what the law said which was go through the process. That's the way we do things in this country whether we like it or not.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#27887 Apr 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I understand, Bundy is one of the last ranchers out there because of these grazing fees.
"Wouldn't it be nice if we could all make up our own laws? Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy has been doing that for 20 years, running his cattle on federal lands and refusing to pay the grazing fees that thousands of other ranchers do because he refuses to recognize the federal government's ownership."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/04...

Note that "thousands of other ranchers" DO pay grazing fees.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#27888 Apr 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
As I discussed earlier, I had to evict a family of four from one of my apartments for not paying rent last October. I didn't approach them with a gun, I posted an eviction notice on their door. Then I had to go to court three times to resolve the matter. They finally moved out the day the city was going to come here and throw them out. Now I'm in the process of wage garnishment and it's going to take me nearly the rest of the year to get what they owe me if my former tenant doesn't quit his job first, and a good chunk of that money is because I could not change the locks and kick them out immediately. I had to do what the law said which was go through the process. That's the way we do things in this country whether we like it or not.
What would you have done if they refused to leave? You would have returned with an armed marshal to aid in the eviction. Without that ultimate threat, they'd probably still be there. Sadly, some folks won't do the right thing until they are forced to (sometimes at the point of a gun.) This deadbeat has been evading his responsibilities for YEARS.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#27889 Apr 27, 2014
<quoted text>
Now ask yourself this, what if your tenants stayed, and when the court's bailiff or the sheriff arrived to move their stuff out of your house, they had a bunch of their buddies there with assault weapons lined up behind a line of women threatening to shoot? Would you have just decided to let them stay?
This is the part of the story I really don't understand. Let a bunch of urban squatters challenge the authorities with guns and they would be arrested and incarcerated (or worse!) How is this situation any different? Because it's a rich white guy, backed up by a white militia?

"In 1981, MOVE relocated to a row house at 6221 Osage Avenue in the Cobbs Creek area of West Philadelphia. Neighbors complained for years that MOVE members were broadcasting political messages by bullhorn at all hours and also about the health hazards created from piles of compost. On May 13, 1985, after the complaints as well as indictments of numerous MOVE members for crimes including parole violation, contempt of court, illegal possession of firearms, and making terrorist threats, the police department attempted to clear the building and arrest the indicted MOVE members. This led to an armed standoff with police. The police lobbed tear gas canisters at the building. MOVE members fired at the police, and the police returned fire with semiautomatic weapons. A Pennsylvania State Police helicopter then dropped two one-pound bombs made of FBI-supplied water gel explosive, a dynamite substitute, targeting a fortified, bunker-like cubicle on the roof of the house.

The resulting fire ignited a massive blaze that eventually destroyed approximately 60 houses nearby. Eleven people, including John Africa, five other adults and five children, died in the resulting fire."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOVE
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27890 Apr 27, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you have done if they refused to leave? You would have returned with an armed marshal to aid in the eviction. Without that ultimate threat, they'd probably still be there. Sadly, some folks won't do the right thing until they are forced to (sometimes at the point of a gun.) This deadbeat has been evading his responsibilities for YEARS.
If they refused to leave then the bailiff would have summoned our police department for assistance. At that point it would have been a police matter because they refused to comply with a court order.

The difference between this situation and mine is that it cost me money to have these people stay here. What is the cost to our government for Bundy letting his cows eat the grass?

The point I was trying to make with my tenants is that there is a process to settle matters--especially matters that involve money. My tenant didn't pay me the amount owed to me ruled on by the judge. I had to go back to court to file for a wage garnishment. I also had the option to freeze his bank accounts which he didn't have. I could not go there, point a gun at him and demand the money he owed me.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27894 Apr 27, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Wouldn't it be nice if we could all make up our own laws? Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy has been doing that for 20 years, running his cattle on federal lands and refusing to pay the grazing fees that thousands of other ranchers do because he refuses to recognize the federal government's ownership."
They may, but Bundy isn't alone in this fight. It's actually a miniature movement of sorts. The federal government fined Bundy for grazing on federal land which in the 90's, they reserved for tortoises. So the beginning of all this started because the Desert Tortoise was considered an endangered species.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#27895 Apr 27, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Cliven Bundy to me is a Liberal which he has proven that since he feels his cattle should be able to graze free and Liberals are all about free which everyone knows and really the Liberals in the Federal Government should be coming to his defense but instead they are not.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#27896 Apr 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
They may, but Bundy isn't alone in this fight. It's actually a miniature movement of sorts. The federal government fined Bundy for grazing on federal land which in the 90's, they reserved for tortoises. So the beginning of all this started because the Desert Tortoise was considered an endangered species.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...
Exactly, how much more stupid can you get? Evidently A LOT.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27897 Apr 27, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly, how much more stupid can you get? Evidently A LOT.
Evidently, YOU'RE A TROLL!
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#27898 Apr 27, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree but that is an issue between Private Parties, NOT the Government.
That is very like a criminal issue & a civil issue, two different realms of the judiciary system.
Example: Remember that OJ was acquitted criminally but held culpable in a civil action between private parties.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#27901 Apr 27, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Cliven Bundy to me is a Liberal which he has proven that since he feels his cattle should be able to graze free and Liberals are all about free which everyone knows and really the Liberals in the Federal Government should be coming to his defense but instead they are not.
Are you saying that Cliven is a Liberal AND a maker of Racist comments? Just making a joke there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CWA e-Newsletter: May 21, 2015 8 hr Leon Harrison 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 hr The Rev 19,921
Today's Leon Harrison Quotation Fri Fan of Leon The Man 14
Pardon us flyover folks... Fri The Duke of Hazard 1
Most black suburbanites act civilized Fri The Duke of Hazard 5
Report Smoking Violations (May '10) Fri Smokersstink 16
The wonderful welfare world of the ODJFS center... Fri FOVR 4
More from around the web

Xenia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]