Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Xenia Forum

Comments (Page 1,198)

Showing posts 23,941 - 23,960 of25,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

joanna50 wrote:
Well considering there is veritable proof with evolution as opposed to Adam and Eve having 2 kids both boys and a whole race came from them. We didn't come from nothingness we evolved from something. I do believe in God but what and who God is up for anybody's interpretation.
I don't advocate the teaching of creationism in public school, so it doesn't matter what my personal belief in Creationism is. I definitely support the teaching of Intelligent Design, though.

There's no proof that anything, other than changes within species, occurs. There is no proof that a monkey evolved into a man.

How do you prove something that supposedly takes millions or billions of years to occur? There's no way to test that. And the so-called "fossil evidence" -- much of which has been reconstructed from disintegrated bones -- is critiqued by scientists who have no idea what was going on during that time in history, and are unable to study groups of these specimens. The scientists take a partial skeleton that is in remarkably-bad shape, and create an entire species from it, complete with drawings and a backstory of the creature's life. Completely fabricated.

My issue isn't with people like you. There are a lot of folks who believe in an intelligent designer, but also in evolution. My issue is with the ones who say there is no intelligent designer, but have this science-defying fantasy that everything in the universe somehow appeared from nothing ... yet they ridicule and shut-down people who believe in a Designer.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

joanna50 wrote:
<quoted text>Have to disagree, hugging trees is different than polluting our air and our water supply by greedy corporations. We need much stricter regulations but don't worry that wont happen due to corporate greed, cant forget the politicans as the two go hand in hand. Thanks for killing us all.
I was being sarcastic, Joanna50. Anyone who has been on here for awhile knows I am an environmentalist. The images and links I provided are the opposite of the oil industry sponsored Tea Party agenda I was mocking in my words. I think it is disgusting to cash in on the future generations, or even worse, to repeat oil industry paid propaganda in the face of scientific fact for absolutely no gain at all. Even more disgusting than that, just like the GOP did, the oil industry sponsored Tea Party uses religion to push forward their agenda, and they have been at it long before they hijacked the movement.

“We don’t have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand.”

“After the last tree is felled, Christ will come back”- James Watt, Secretary of Interior, in charge of our environment under Reagan
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't advocate the teaching of creationism in public school, so it doesn't matter what my personal belief in Creationism is. I definitely support the teaching of Intelligent Design, though.
There's no proof that anything, other than changes within species, occurs. There is no proof that a monkey evolved into a man.
How do you prove something that supposedly takes millions or billions of years to occur? There's no way to test that. And the so-called "fossil evidence" -- much of which has been reconstructed from disintegrated bones -- is critiqued by scientists who have no idea what was going on during that time in history, and are unable to study groups of these specimens. The scientists take a partial skeleton that is in remarkably-bad shape, and create an entire species from it, complete with drawings and a backstory of the creature's life. Completely fabricated.
My issue isn't with people like you. There are a lot of folks who believe in an intelligent designer, but also in evolution. My issue is with the ones who say there is no intelligent designer, but have this science-defying fantasy that everything in the universe somehow appeared from nothing ... yet they ridicule and shut-down people who believe in a Designer.
What is the difference between Creationism and Intelligent Design? Oh that's right, the right wing Christians who try to sneak their religion into our public schools changed the word "Creator" to "Designer". You do not have a monopoly on god or country, despite the decades we had to watch and listen to right wing Christian Conservatives prancing around as if they do. I am a Deist, just like the founders of this country. Now tell us the lie again about how this country was founded on Jesus.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

joanna50 wrote:
<quoted text>Have to disagree, hugging trees is different than polluting our air and our water supply by greedy corporations. We need much stricter regulations but don't worry that wont happen due to corporate greed, cant forget the politicans as the two go hand in hand. Thanks for killing us all.
Click on the links I provided.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
"The intelligent design movement was developed by a group of American creationists who revised their argument in the creation–evolution controversy to circumvent court rulings such as the United States Supreme Court's Edwards v. Aguillard decision, which barred the teaching of creation science in public schools on the grounds of breaching the separation of church and state."

"Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District was the first direct challenge brought in the United States federal courts against a public school district that required the presentation of intelligent design as an alternative to evolution. The plaintiffs successfully argued that intelligent design is a form of creationism, and that the school board policy thus violated the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution."

"In April 2010, the American Academy of Religion issued Guidelines for Teaching About Religion in K-12 Public Schools in the United States, which included guidance that Creation Science or intelligent design should not be taught in science classes, as "Creation science and intelligent design represent worldviews that fall outside of the realm of science that is defined as (and limited to) a method of inquiry based on gathering observable and measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_Desi...

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

joanna50 wrote:
Anybody that clicks on those links and doesn't find something seriously wrong has some serious issues. And to think we aren't affected by this you have to be bat shit crazy.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy,

The ID Theory is supported by a people with an array of beliefs, even those who think that aliens planted life here. The only reason evolutionists keep trying to make ID about religion, is because their own theory is weak. They're afraid to allow an opposing viewpoint, which goes against the true spirit of science. That actually funny, isn't it? Evolutionists are the ones who pretend to be the most science-minded, but they're really just anti-science: Their theory defies basic scientific laws, and they won't allow any teaching contrary to it.
mutt

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Wait, did the bloodthirsty cannibal who said the "antichrist is coming and he'll probably be a liberal" and "scientists are liars" just call someone anti-science?
Now THAT'S funny...
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

mutt wrote:
Old Guy,
The ID Theory is supported by a people with an array of beliefs, even those who think that aliens planted life here. The only reason evolutionists keep trying to make ID about religion, is because their own theory is weak. They're afraid to allow an opposing viewpoint, which goes against the true spirit of science. That actually funny, isn't it? Evolutionists are the ones who pretend to be the most science-minded, but they're really just anti-science: Their theory defies basic scientific laws, and they won't allow any teaching contrary to it.
Nope, purely a Christian agenda.

Science flies men to the moon. Religion flies men into buildings.
mutt

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, purely a Christian agenda.
Science flies men to the moon. Religion flies men into buildings.
He thought since it was okay to sneak "one nation under God" into the Pledge of Allegiance, it would also be okay to sneak the rest of his extremist views into science class.
He thinks he should have the "religious freedom" to force his "morality" onto schoolchildren, at the American taxpayer's expense, of course...
mutt

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

God is great, God is good.
Well kids, that concludes our science class for the day.
Amen...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

mutt wrote:
Old Guy,
Mutt, for a person with no formal training in science, you seem very certain of your beliefs. Does it trouble you that, among those that ARE trained scientists, belief in evolution is overwhelming?

"...the scientific community considers intelligent design, a neo-creationist offshoot, to be unscientific, pseudoscience, or junk science. The U.S. National Academy of Sciences has stated that intelligent design "and other claims of supernatural intervention in the origin of life" are not science because they cannot be tested by experiment, do not generate any predictions, and propose no new hypotheses of their own. In September 2005, 38 Nobel laureates issued a statement saying "Intelligent design is fundamentally unscientific; it cannot be tested as scientific theory because its central conclusion is based on belief in the intervention of a supernatural agent."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Mutt, for a person with no formal training in science, you seem very certain of your beliefs. Does it trouble you that, among those that ARE trained scientists, belief in evolution is overwhelming?
"...the scientific community considers intelligent design, a neo-creationist offshoot, to be unscientific, pseudoscience, or junk science. The U.S. National Academy of Sciences has stated that intelligent design "and other claims of supernatural intervention in the origin of life" are not science because they cannot be tested by experiment, do not generate any predictions, and propose no new hypotheses of their own. In September 2005, 38 Nobel laureates issued a statement saying "Intelligent design is fundamentally unscientific; it cannot be tested as scientific theory because its central conclusion is based on belief in the intervention of a supernatural agent."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support...
science experiment.

take a tall drinking glass and fill with ice cubes. Then fill with water to brim of glass.

when the ice melts does the glass overflow?

Your scientists said global warming will melt ice and flood all coastlines globally.

secondly.....what did water evolve from? and if you say air, then what did air evolve from?

creation is difficult to grasp, but science has not been around long enough for a valid determination of anything.

EX: you go to doctor because you are ill, but at appointment doctor winks at you when passing by due to time constraints.

you better now?
mutt

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
science experiment.
take a tall drinking glass and fill with ice cubes. Then fill with water to brim of glass.
Your scientists said global warming will melt ice and flood all coastlines globally.
secondly.....what did water evolve from? and if you say air, then what did air evolve from?
creation is difficult to grasp, but science has not been around long enough for a valid determination of anything.
EX: you go to doctor because you are ill, but at appointment doctor winks at you when passing by due to time constraints.
you better now?
Congratulations, you chemically imbalanced psychopath. None of that was even REMOTELY relevant to the conversation at hand.
Jesus is safe now. Amen...
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
science experiment.
you better now?
Here's a science experiment for you. Take a hot cup of water and dump 3 or 4 ice cubes in it. Now put your hand about an inch from the mouth of the cup. Feel the cold energy being released from the ice as it melts? Now return to laughing at cold days in the winter as if it proves all climate science wrong.

Here's another "science" experiment for you. The next time you or someone you love is involved with a serious medical condition, put your faith over science again and pray them better instead of taking them to the doctors or a hospital.

You know it claims in the Bible that "God" told people to wipe out whole cities and to kill every woman and child. Go kill someone, and in this mostly Christian nation, tell the jury that "God" told you to kill. Then take a good, hard look at exactly how much faith people really have in "God's word", as they not only lock you up but deem you crazy. Who are they to question "God's" word? Good enough for the Bible you would put your hand on when they swore you in, why not good enough for the mostly Christian jury to celebrate you as doing "God's" will?
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

It's because just like in the Bible, we know that anyone who would kill woman and children and then claim "God" told them to do it, is buck nutty out of their mind crazy. Now tell us some more science stories about walking on water, the dead coming back to life and talking snakes in the garden Eden...coo coo...coo coo...
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Keyboard Cat knows Jesus loves him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
mutt

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
Keyboard Cat knows Jesus loves him...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Behold, for Keyboard Cat did say unto me: "Go forth, and spread His Word across public schools nationwide. Have faith, and force it upon thine unwitting schoolchildren under the banner of science."
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
Does it bother you that your theory can't be tested? Adaptability within a species isn't proof that one species morphed into another. And the typical answer of the evolutionist -- "It takes billions of years" -- is code for "This is completely unprovable, so just take our word for it".

Does it bother you that your theory defies scientific laws? Below is the link to an article written by Ker Thompson, who is a former director of the Air Force Terrestrial Sciences Laboratory. He holds a B.A. in physics and geology from the University of British Columbia and a D.Sc. in geophysics from the Colorado School of Mines. He talks about the impossibility of life beginning on the planet a la the evolutionary theory.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/isd/...
mutt

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it bother you that your theory can't be tested? Adaptability within a species isn't proof that one species morphed into another. And the typical answer of the evolutionist -- "It takes billions of years" -- is code for "This is completely unprovable, so just take our word for it".
Does it bother you that your theory defies scientific laws? Below is the link to an article written by Ker Thompson, who is a former director of the Air Force Terrestrial Sciences Laboratory. He holds a B.A. in physics and geology from the University of British Columbia and a D.Sc. in geophysics from the Colorado School of Mines. He talks about the impossibility of life beginning on the planet a la the evolutionary theory.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/isd/...
Aww, lil poochie can't answer a simple question, so in typical conniving fundie teabagger fashion, he avoids it completely.
Jesus would be proud...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 23,941 - 23,960 of25,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Xenia Discussions

Search the Xenia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Samuel 17,747
tattoo parlors 6 hr kris moore 11
What is Aspergers Syndrome? (Sep '11) 7 hr CMS 191
I need a rice cooker and a backpack... 12 hr CMS 3
Are Hookah Bars good for you? 14 hr The Duke of Hazard 2
Sen Reid(D) is anti American,need to go! 14 hr The Duke of Hazard 2
Longtime WDTN Sports Director Omar Williams pas... (May '08) 14 hr The Duke of Hazard 30
•••
•••
•••
•••

Xenia Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Xenia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance