Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> As an agnostic, I couldn't agree more. Someone can handle all of the poisonous serpents that they want. WHEN one of them dies without medical aid, they must assume that that person is/was a sinner according to their own doctrine. PUTZ's
Say what?

Since: Jan 13

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> As an agnostic, I couldn't agree more. Someone can handle all of the poisonous serpents that they want. WHEN one of them dies without medical aid, they must assume that that person is/was a sinner according to their own doctrine. PUTZ's
Speaking of which that just happened recently to a preacher here in Ky, see what happens when you take a book of fairy tales literally.

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
Greenpeace co-founder Patrick Moore tells US Senate there is "no proof" humans cause climate change
Greenpeace co-founder Patrick Moore has angered environmentalist groups after saying climate change is "not caused by humans" and there is "no scientific proof" to back global warming alarmism.
The Canadian ecologist told US lawmakers there is "little correlation" to support a "direct causal relationship" between CO2 emissions and rising global temperatures.
"There is no scientific proof that human emissions of carbon dioxide are the dominant cause of the minor warming of the Earth's atmosphere over the past 100 years," he told a US Senate Committee "If there were such a proof, it would be written down for all to see. No actual proof, as it is understood in science, exists."
He also criticised the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) for claiming "it is extremely likely" that human activity is the "dominant cause" for global warning, noting that "extremely likely" is not a scientific term.
Moore warned the statistics presented by the IPCC are not the result of mathematical calculations or statistical analysis, and may have been "invented" to support the IPCC's "expert judgement".
The Greenpeace co-founder argued the increase in atmospheric temperature on the earth's surface goes back the Ice Age when C02 was "10 times higher than today, yet human life flourished" at this time.
He added: "I realise that my comments are contrary to much of the speculation about our climate that is bandied about today.
"However, I am confident that history will bear me out, both in terms of the futility of relying on computer models to predict the future, and the fact that warmer temperatures are better than colder temperatures for most species."
Moore co-founded the environmental activist group as a PhD student in ecology in 1971. He left Greenpeace in 1986 after the group became more interested in "politics" than science.
"After 15 years in the top committee I had to leave as Greenpeace took a sharp turn to the political left, and began to adopt policies that I could not accept from my scientific perspective," he said. "Climate change was not an issue when I abandoned Greenpeace, but it certainly is now."
http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/clim...
Patrick Moore is a talking head for a right wing think tank who's funding comes from Exxon mobile so I don't really take to much stock in what a sell out has to say about global warming.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
Greenpeace co-founder Patrick Moore tells US Senate there is "no proof" humans cause climate change...
"While it is true that Patrick Moore was a member of Greenpeace in the 1970s, in 1986 he abruptly turned his back on the very issues he once passionately defended. He claims he "saw the light" but what Moore really saw was an opportunity for financial gain."

"Patrick Moore claims he is an environmentalist and represents an independent scientific perspective on forest issues.

TRUTH: Moore was paid by the British Columbia Forest Alliance, an industry-front group set up by the public relations firm Burson-Marsteller (the same PR firm that represented Exxon after the Valdez oil spill and Union Carbide after the Bhopal chemical disaster). The BC Forest Alliance is funded primarily by the logging industry. He also has ties to other corporations including Monsanto and Weyerhaeuser."

"Patrick Moore has recently begun touting the "safety" of nuclear energy at the behest of the Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI), which is being bankrolled by the nuclear industry to promote nuclear energy as clean and safe energy. The public relations firm Hill & Knowlton has been hired to roll out a multi-million dollar campaign to repackage Moore's propaganda to convince congressional leaders of public support for the building of new nuclear plants."

http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/en/media-center...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

joanna50 wrote:
<quoted text>Patrick Moore is a talking head for a right wing think tank who's funding comes from Exxon mobile so I don't really take to much stock in what a sell out has to say about global warming.
March 1st and in 24 hours we will have a foot of new snow.

is that global warming?

or the 18" of ice on my pond?

How about Atlanta blanketed with 3" of snow?

how are sea gulls going to survive with everything froze solid? Polar Bears must be enjoying their new land mass, but the sea gulls can't break ice.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If taxpayers are funding it, shouldn't it be taxpayers to decide what they want taught to their children and not the federal government?
I'm not complaining of course. I have no dog in the race. That and the fact the more your kind pizzes those parents off, the more pull their kids out of public school and home school instead. I love to see the demise of public schools.
Speaking of dogs they were just talking on the news about the Iditarod Race in Alaska. It has a small problem. A huge lack of snow.
REAL education that is not biased just scares the h*ll out of folks like you. Fantasy Rants loved it though. He had an affair with the teacher, and bragged about it.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
science experiment.
take a tall drinking glass and fill with ice cubes. Then fill with water to brim of glass.
when the ice melts does the glass overflow?
Your scientists said global warming will melt ice and flood all coastlines globally.
secondly.....what did water evolve from? and if you say air, then what did air evolve from?
creation is difficult to grasp, but science has not been around long enough for a valid determination of anything.
EX: you go to doctor because you are ill, but at appointment doctor winks at you when passing by due to time constraints.
you better now?
Fill a drinking glass to the brim with water, and then dump a bunch of ice cubes in. Get back with us on that one.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of dogs they were just talking on the news about the Iditarod Race in Alaska. It has a small problem. A huge lack of snow.
REAL education that is not biased just scares the h*ll out of folks like you. Fantasy Rants loved it though. He had an affair with the teacher, and bragged about it.
how awful as a college student to go out with hot 28 year old professor.

shame on me.

while the girls were playing their childish games, reality preferred women.

Was your single largest accomplishment in life going out on a date?

that was not my case.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
is that global warming?
how are sea gulls going to survive with everything froze solid? Polar Bears must be enjoying their new land mass, but the sea gulls can't break ice.
Actually polar bears are coming into cities because their natural environment is slowly becoming less and less hospitable. Give a hoot don't pollute.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> About the same as the Dems/Progressives changing 'tax increases' to 'Revenue enhancement'
Rule #1:
When a Republican is in the Oval office, we spend like drunk sailors on shore leave.Tax cuts! Unfunded, off budget wars of choice! Bloated new bureaucracies! Expensive new entitlements structured to give money away to favored donors.

Rule #2:
When a Democrat is in the Oval office,it's time for super duper austerity. All poor people are lazy, worthless freeloaders and mooches who don't deserve any help from the government. All rich people are noble and selfless job creators, even when they're not, so we need to coddle them with tax cuts

What's even funnier:
Owsley County, Kentucky
Is 99.22% white
Is 95% Republican
It has the highest usage of SNAP benefits in the USA.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

joanna50 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually polar bears are coming into cities because their natural environment is slowly becoming less and less hospitable. Give a hoot don't pollute.
Poor Yogi.

last year the bears were drowning and going to be extinct according to Al Gore and the liberal regime.

2013 was the 2nd coming of Noah according to Gore.

Now you tell me there is too much ice, and the bears moved to the city.

Do we ban cities, ice, or bears now?
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
how awful as a college student to go out with hot 28 year old professor.
shame on me.
while the girls were playing their childish games, reality preferred women.
Was your single largest accomplishment in life going out on a date?
that was not my case.
So says the idiot Marlin fishing pro, just as long as it is in a parking lot in Canton, Ohio.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
They should make their way back to the mainland. We have plenty of snow here. In fact, I heard this was the third snowiest winter of recorded history. Toledo broke a record low the other day and Youngstown was one degree off from breaking the record. We now have ten days below zero so far this winter, and we haven't been near the normal high (41 degrees) in weeks.
Truth of the matter is it's getting colder--not warmer. See, if there was such a thing as global warming, it would be consistent. But the fact that we have cold winters, warmer winters, colder summers, hotter summers is only indicative of one thing, we are normal.
You really are dumb enough to believe those things you tell yourself late at night.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
They should make their way back to the mainland. We have plenty of snow here. In fact, I heard this was the third snowiest winter of recorded history. Toledo broke a record low the other day and Youngstown was one degree off from breaking the record. We now have ten days below zero so far this winter, and we haven't been near the normal high (41 degrees) in weeks.
Truth of the matter is it's getting colder--not warmer. See, if there was such a thing as global warming, it would be consistent. But the fact that we have cold winters, warmer winters, colder summers, hotter summers is only indicative of one thing, we are normal.
That isn't how Global warming works, we are far from normal.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Reality Speaks wrote:
is that global warming?
Added to that, Antarctica had a new record-low temp this winter.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

How absurd that you guys would think that cold days are somehow a personal victory. You gleefully cheer for oil company agendas, while thinking people who aren't blinded by baseless propaganda become more and more concerned for the very real possibility that our planet is getting screwed out of nothing but sheer greed. Now let's imagine how stupid someone would have to be to cheer for the oil companies and feverishly push their agenda without a dog in the fight or a nickel to be made. I believe in what I do, over concerns of the OBVIOUS changes in our seasons and the OBVIOUS negligence the energy companies have shown in the past. Why do you fight for oil billionaires? Are you afraid that gas prices might return to $4 a gallon, like we saw about 15 years ago under GW Bush?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Yogi.
last year the bears were drowning and going to be extinct according to Al Gore and the liberal regime.
2013 was the 2nd coming of Noah according to Gore.
Now you tell me there is too much ice, and the bears moved to the city.
Do we ban cities, ice, or bears now?
The ice is melting, their habitat is on ice, no ice where do they go they migrate to another food source. Bears can swim so no chance of them drowning.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Added to that, Antarctica had a new record-low temp this winter.
So at what point do the record breaking storms, record breaking high temps, record breaking flooding, record breaking low temps, record breaking droughts... equate to you that our climate is changing?

Talking snakes and water walking Jewish zombies? Sure, I buy that. Dumping huge amounts of pollution into our limited atmosphere having any effect on our climate? Hogwash.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Fill a drinking glass to the brim with water, and then dump a bunch of ice cubes in. Get back with us on that one.
water over flows genius......problem with your failed experiment is it is fantasy.

do you put a glacier in the ocean to raise water levels, or is the glacier already there displacing water?

you libs are a hoot when screaming I am stupider than a 3rd grader.

just like your failed POTUS that lowered taxes for new manufacturing hubs in Chicago & Detroit. He acknowledges his failed policies have hurt business.

Since lowering taxes is proven to promote economic activity, why did the racist in office only promote economic activity with African Americans in 2 cities, and not grow the entire countries jobs with lowering the 35% corporate tax?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
So at what point do the record breaking storms, record breaking high temps, record breaking flooding, record breaking low temps, record breaking droughts... equate to you that our climate is changing?
Talking snakes and water walking Jewish zombies? Sure, I buy that. Dumping huge amounts of pollution into our limited atmosphere having any effect on our climate? Hogwash.
the climate is changing, and will continue to do so, just like it did in history.

are you that arrogant you think you can control weather?

did George Bush loan you his hurricane guidance system?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Ancient One 18,817
Ohio attorney general appoints special prosecut... 1 hr Le Jimbo 3
Andy's Dean's "America Now" cancelled! 11 hr K T Spyder 37
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 13 hr say no to laptops 31,187
Be respectful 14 hr Mike Brown High C... 2
Dr Commander selvam swamiji sri selvam siddhar ... (Dec '11) 18 hr Albert Stidham 39
cheeks club Mon splitya 8

Search the Xenia Forum:
•••
•••
Xenia Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Xenia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••