Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Xenia Forum

Comments (Page 1,161)

Showing posts 23,201 - 23,220 of25,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>[deleted for space]
Matthew 19:4-6, which you cite, does not specifically define marriage as restricted exclusively to the union of one man and one woman.

While I agree with you that each society needs to make its laws based on what its people believe are best and Im willing to assume, for the sake of discussion, that up to this point our society has been guided primarily by Christian values, I believe your conclusion that as a result we have become the most powerful, prosperous nation on earth to be unwarranted. Your conclusion does not necessarily follow from your premises.

Likewise, citing certain infectious diseases, including HIV, to be present-day evidence of homosexuality as an abomination, is equally invalid and for the same faulty reasoning. You might more properly conclude that sexual relationships among all people to be an abomination since certain infectious diseases, including HIV, are a risk factor for all people.

Finally, I certainly agree with you wholeheartedly that our behaviors, individually and as a society, have consequences, but you have nothing convincing about homosexuality leading to negative consequences. I appreciate that you understand the bible wasnt written by god and that it is not the ultimate internally contradictory rule book for mankind to follow. It is a recorded history (and perhaps pre-Christian mythology) resource laced with a prevailing code of ethics from the era of its origin.

As I said, Im no biblical authority, so I defer to your expertise, but not your interpretation based on faulty reasoning. Thanks for your response.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
You are no scholar for sure, and proved that with your 1st sentence.
please study......the answer is there.
Since there are so many "answers" there and many are open to a wide range of interpretation and often contradictory, you might extend the favor of giving me something specific to which I could meaningfully respond.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and above is the reason the Democratic party wants to ban Christmas with exception for bonuses and paid day off.
if they fool enough people, they are re-elected to the gravy train that derails on that glorious day you specified so well.
excuses won't be heard.
I'm all for cutting off all christmas and other bonuses for all those unworthies, the unwashed among us, but I suspect the CEOs of large corporations would get laws passed to prevent that from happening and keep the gravy train rolling on schedule. And speaking of gravy trains, it's just plain wrong to let our employees celebrate Jesus' birthday with a paid day off. It's un-Christian and therefore un-American too. It's about time we clamped down on such soft and fuzzy traditions involving "acts of kindness" toward the communist takers who drag us down by feeling entitled simply because they're fortunate we gave them jobs. They're lucky enough to be cutting our grass and working in our cubicles. We need to destroy everything today the government and tomorrow the world, just according to god's plan.
UdintEARNthat

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you are killing yourself with your own stupidity, and me with laughter.
and yes...when you come to confiscate guns or force me to give you anything.....please bring lots of buddies marching in formation. Saves ammo.
I am crying about what is in front of society today, and you.
Your above rant to any normal being makes them shake their head in disgust.
Absolutely without doubt you were not part of what made America beautiful.
People by the millions ran away to immigrate here running from people like you.
You belong to a small fringe group, and have a very bleak future.
Gee, and I thought they were fleeing England to get away from people who wanted the church and government to walk hand and hand. You know, like you do. I'm glad me making you look like the crazed moron you really are, is funny to both of us. The fact that your sissy @ss has to resort to violence whenever you get mentally crushed is very telling to your mental state. Just a nutless and floundering scare crow of a man. There's not a gun made in the world that is big enough to compensate for what you are lacking. If the government wanted your guns, they would pick them out of the ashes of a GPS coordinated drone strike. You are always just a mouse click away from the express lane to Jesus. Put that in your great Tea Bagger 2nd amendment revolution and spin it. Click...

In light of all of your many failed predictions, I like that you predicted that I'll have a very bleak future, ensuring me continued prosperity and success. I can tell that me calling you a fringe group flunkie obviously get's under your skin, and that has me smiling right now. The fact that it's true though kinda makes you seem even more deranged when you claim you are laughing. It's like some crazy eyed fisherman, laughing insanely at the sky as his ship slowly sinks into the parking lot of Best Buy.

Ahhhh ha ha ha ha! Picture my grinning face right now, you country club sissy boy.
really

Napoleon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm all for cutting off all christmas and other bonuses for all those unworthies, the unwashed among us, but I suspect the CEOs of large corporations would get laws passed to prevent that from happening and keep the gravy train rolling on schedule. And speaking of gravy trains, it's just plain wrong to let our employees celebrate Jesus' birthday with a paid day off. It's un-Christian and therefore un-American too. It's about time we clamped down on such soft and fuzzy traditions involving "acts of kindness" toward the communist takers who drag us down by feeling entitled simply because they're fortunate we gave them jobs. They're lucky enough to be cutting our grass and working in our cubicles. We need to destroy everything today the government and tomorrow the world, just according to god's plan.
. Now this rag has flipped to preaching the gospel? AYKM. Does this give you an idea on what goes "on agreement" in Washington ? How could you expect any better? The guys are all scholars, right? Any have jobs? They got Internet! Bet there single!
UdintEARNthat

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and above is the reason the Democratic party wants to ban Christmas with exception for bonuses and paid day off.
if they fool enough people, they are re-elected to the gravy train that derails on that glorious day you specified so well.
excuses won't be heard.
Excuses won't be heard? Then how do you explain your long and rambling post you put up to try to back peddle out of another one of your public death threats? Ahhh ha ha ha! Click
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
In recent decades, we've begun to spurn Christian values and a recognition of God, and we've looked to ourselves for wisdom.
Actually, belief in God and Christianity remains very high in the U.S.:

"More than 9 in 10 Americans still say "yes" when asked the basic question "Do you believe in God?"; this is down only slightly from the 1940s, when Gallup first asked this question."

http://www.gallup.com/poll/147887/americans-c...

However, it seems that less religious countries are happier:

"If religion contributes to happiness, then the most religious countries should be happiest. Yet, the opposite is true.

According to Gallup data for 2010, the happiest nations were Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and the Netherlands. These are among the least religious countries in the world. Also according to Gallup data, Sweden, Denmark and Norway were the second, third, and fourth least religious states, being exceeded only by Estonia in their atheism."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nigel-barber/ar...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

UdintEARNthat wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuses won't be heard? Then how do you explain your long and rambling post you put up to try to back peddle out of another one of your public death threats? Ahhh ha ha ha! Click
why do you keep calling a defined action as a threat?

you re-defining the word Threat?

when someone tells you if you do this, then I will do that....that is a threat?

you go right on thinking you can confiscate personal property just like Hitler did, and I promise to keep my promise to you I am smarter than the French were.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you go right on thinking you can confiscate personal property just like Hitler did, and I promise to keep my promise to you I am smarter than the French were.
As a matter of fact, that is exactly what a threat is, Walter. My goodness, the depth of your ignorance has no limit.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there are so many "answers" there and many are open to a wide range of interpretation and often contradictory, you might extend the favor of giving me something specific to which I could meaningfully respond.
how do you want to interrupt the word abomination?

spitting on the curb, or specifically as written in the Bible?

you said the Bible was not specific, and I said keep reading is all.

Contradictory is an opinion regarding very specific behavior spelled out in basic form. I call that either naive, ignorant, or defiant.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and above is the best the puke can do to spin away his uselessness.
PS: At 52 I have never had a cavity, and ZERO fillings. I also have had dental insurance my entire life. I see the dentist twice a year. My smile is important for customers to see, so dental hygiene is a critical element in my success. My teeth are perfect, and bleached yearly. I must dress for success always, because you don't get a 2nd chance at making a 1st impression. By my preparing myself at all times to make good 1st impressions, I am Cletus McTeaTard.
Cletus McTeaTard does not require a minimum wage, and hasn't for over 30 years. I would bet Cletus gives more money to charity each month than woo boy pays out for entire months bills.
Woo Boy does not like Cletus because he thinks I did not build that. It was the lucky sperm club.
Woo Boy is entitled to my life I earned.
Looks like mommy changed that dirty crapped in Good-Nights for a fresh clean Pull-Up and brushed your tooth for you. You calmed down enough to type out a full sentence, but it didn't stop the lying. Mommy has to dress you to impress her friends so you don't embarrass her and granny. Of course the bib is a dead giveaway though.
Oh yeah, that Monopoly money she gives you everyday, it's not real. They just take it and smile so you won't threaten to kill them too.
You do know that when you build something, that Legos and Lincoln Logs don't count. While you were still playing with them Transformer toy thingy's, I was training apprentices in the real thing. They and myself can actually drive around and point and honestly tell people,"I helped build that." That's something you'll never know about from living off of mommy.
I bet money though that the next stupid rants are back to the one-liners goobelydook that usually comes from that home-schooled educated mind.
We can tell when you dirty in that fresh Pull-Up (or is it Depends?) cause you get real cranky and butt-hurt.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

mutt wrote:
Again, we have present-day evidence that homosexuality is an abomination. As I discussed in another thread, AIDS is a predominately-homosexual disease.
Of course, that's only true in the USA. In Sub-Saharan Africa (which is predominately Christian), AIDS is spread mostly by heterosexuals. And 5% of adults there are HIV positive. Since God doesn't limit his influence to the USA, it would seem the logic of your argument falls apart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_...
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

I knew it wouldn't last, the one liner idiot is true to form. He just can't help himself, he's such a SKOLLER.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
As a matter of fact, that is exactly what a threat is, Walter. My goodness, the depth of your ignorance has no limit.
no wonder you are such a failure.

you call stated action against threat....threat?

OK.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, that's only true in the USA. In Sub-Saharan Africa (which is predominately Christian), AIDS is spread mostly by heterosexuals. And 5% of adults there are HIV positive. Since God doesn't limit his influence to the USA, it would seem the logic of your argument falls apart.
education in the USA is better than in Africa, and in 20 years we educated society about aids.

we are educating the world, and providing care and prevention.

logic crumbles where the war lords are performing genocide. Aids is one of many problems.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Still trying to dig yourself out of that hole you dug yourself into, I see.

"You are human garbage. Hunting season starts soon"-Reality Speaks

Go ahead and give us your patriotic spin on that one.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
how do you want to interrupt the word abomination?
spitting on the curb, or specifically as written in the Bible?
you said the Bible was not specific, and I said keep reading is all.
Contradictory is an opinion regarding very specific behavior spelled out in basic form. I call that either naive, ignorant, or defiant.
I'm at a bit of a loss for words believe it or not! Where to begin?

I assume you meant to ask how I interpret the word "abomination." I go with a standard definition; i.e., a thing that causes disgust or hatred. Nothing tricky or exotic.

You lost me when you asked, "spitting on the curb, or specifically as written in the Bible?"

I didn't say "the Bible was not specific," a statement so vague that I don't even know what it means. I did say that it contains many statements, many of which are open to a wide range of interpretation and often contradictory.

You appear to attribute the specificity of your interpretations of biblical language to your belief that the bible itself is without ambiguity. Christians often disagree about what the bible actually means on a variety of issues. Were it indeed crystal clear, there would only be need for one organized christian sect, not hundreds or more.

You lost me again with your assertion that "contradictory is an opinion regarding very specific behavior spelled out in basic form," due to unclear meaning. However, the fact is that even though each of us tends to believe we know "the truth" about "reality," there is plenty of room for valid disagreement. We should not so eagerly dismiss others who happen to believe differently as "either naive, ignorant, or defiant."

Nevertheless, I appreciate your effort to talk with me.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

really wrote:
<quoted text>. Now this rag has flipped to preaching the gospel? AYKM. Does this give you an idea on what goes "on agreement" in Washington ? How could you expect any better? The guys are all scholars, right? Any have jobs? They got Internet! Bet there single!
Well yes, but we all know that god almost exclusively loves America, especially when the neocons are in power to promote his agenda by waging some really good wars. God likes peace-keeping action and, of course, a lucrative military-industrial complex, so we make it happen. That's why he's blessed us with most favored nation status and we roll with him in our hip pocket. God bless America!
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
If I can jump in here, is this what the two of you are talking about?
Reality Speaks wrote:
you are human garbage.
hunting season starts soon.
I'd say that's a threat.

A nasty insult followed by a thinly veiled threat. It's probably an empty threat, but it's still a threat.

Your anger seems quite real to me. You should take a break from Topix, and focus on the good things in your life.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
Not true. Homosexuality is stigmatized in Africa, and MSM often won't identify as such. Many of them marry in an attempt to hide their sexual identities, and they spread the disease to their spouses and indirectly to their children in childbirth.

http://www.consultancyafrica.com/index.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 23,201 - 23,220 of25,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Xenia Discussions

Search the Xenia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Happy Easter to all the moozlims! 1 hr Literature Lover 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Becca4vous 17,776
tattoo parlors 18 hr kris moore 13
Dayton ohio moral (Jun '09) 19 hr USASEXGUIDE 4
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) 19 hr mjjcpa 170
Are Hookah Bars good for you? 21 hr Literature Lover 3
I need a rice cooker and a backpack... 21 hr Literature Lover 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Xenia Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Xenia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE