Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#24791 Jan 29, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>

And? I don't necessarily agree with Creationism being taught, but I do believe ID should be. It makes a lot more sense than matter magically appeared out of nothing...
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me how your God came to be.
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
No clue whatsoever.
But you are convinced that your magical explanation is better than the consensus scientific one.

"An overwhelming majority of the scientific community accepts evolution as the dominant scientific theory of biological diversity. Nearly every scientific society, representing hundreds of thousands of scientists, has issued statements rejecting intelligent design and a petition supporting the teaching of evolutionary biology was endorsed by 72 US Nobel Prize winners."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support...
Pops

Newport, KY

#24792 Jan 29, 2014
Canton wrote:
Yes, yes, folks. We get it. It's because he's black. The funniest part is watching you guys HAVE to dance around the fact, because you hound doggies can't roll like you did back in the 50s. No longer accepted. Go on. Something about something something (We all know it's because he's black) followed by he's a poopy butt, commie, moon man, subterranean lizard warrior...anything but what's REALLY been on your minds the whole time.
He is ALSO WHITE !!!
And I don't like either 1/2.
Obama campaigned as being BLACK. Not as 'Black American'...Afro-American', bi-racial American or even most simply 'American' simply "Black"....so who is the RACIST? Answer...Barry Obama! The Chung toking, drinking to get a 'buzz', Reverand Wright worshiping racist Obama.
He is a stupid, constitutional violating piece of racist crap!
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#24793 Jan 30, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> He is ALSO WHITE !!!
And I don't like either 1/2.
Obama campaigned as being BLACK. Not as 'Black American'...Afro-American', bi-racial American or even most simply 'American' simply "Black"....so who is the RACIST?
Pops, I'm afraid the answer is that YOU are. You keep making the "I don't like the white half, either!" joke. It's not really funny and it makes you look bad. If you saw Obama walking down the street, would you think "Hey, look at that half-white guy"? Nope, you'd think of him as a black man. That's the way it is in the US. A lot of it is a result of racist distinctions where even "a single drop of blood" was enough to be considered black.
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> He is ALSO WHITE !!!
Obama campaigned as being BLACK. Not as 'Black American'...Afro-American', bi-racial American or even most simply 'American' simply "Black"....so who is the RACIST?
Really? Why don't you point to an example of where Obama ran as a "black"? Did George W. run as a "white"? No one thinks this way, except people obsessed with race.
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a stupid, constitutional violating piece of racist crap!
He is obviously more educated than you. I don't see him resorting to childish insults.

Pops, I think you are better than this. If you don't like some of Obama's policies, fine.(I'm unhappy with some of them, too.) But attack the policies, not the man. By focusing on personal, racial insults, it make it appear that part of your dislike for Obama is the color of his skin, rather than his politics.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#24794 Jan 30, 2014
Canton wrote:
Yes, yes, folks. We get it. It's because he's black. The funniest part is watching you guys HAVE to dance around the fact, because you hound doggies can't roll like you did back in the 50s. No longer accepted. Go on. Something about something something (We all know it's because he's black) followed by he's a poopy butt, commie, moon man, subterranean lizard warrior...anything but what's REALLY been on your minds the whole time.
Obama is black, and the most inept POTUS to ever serve.

White Jimmy Carter is dancing in the streets he is no longer the worst to have ever served.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#24795 Jan 30, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> But the press climbs all over Rand Paul like fleas on a monkey. And they won't say much about NObama
my suggestion is boycott the media.

don't watch, listen, or purchase anything they advertise.

a strike against the media, and bankrupt them all.
Canton

Canton, OH

#24796 Jan 30, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying again. The 50s = Jim Crow = democrats.
This isn't the 50's. Although you wouldn't know it, listening to Conservatives.
Canton

Canton, OH

#24797 Jan 30, 2014
Ignorance Is Bliss wrote:
Just ignore Canton, his trolling days are over.
Yan and you and mutt posted at the same time again. You must have a psychic douche connection. Play on little REAL troll of the forum. I can count at least 2 people who totally agree with you...to the letter. Better lie some more, real quick while Jesus isn't looking.VOID
mkjiuytrfdsa

Cincinnati, OH

#24798 Jan 30, 2014
yo momma
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#24799 Jan 30, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
But you are convinced that your magical explanation is better than the consensus scientific one.
Magical explanation, huh? I asked you to explain your theory about the origins of matter, but you didn't want to do that. So, I'll explain it for you:

"In the beginning, there was absolutely nothing in the universe. No gasses, no matter, no gravity, no nothing. Only completely-empty darkness." (Just stop and take that in for a minute.)

"And then for no reason, some non-living thing just popped up one day. It wasn't a miraculous or magical occurrence, though, because everyone knows that things that don't exist can pop up from nothing all the time. And now we have an entire universe with billions of galaxies and ordered planetary systems, each comprised of various gasses and types of matter. And in our own galaxy, there just happens to be the perfect conditions on earth to sustain a vast array of infinitely-complex lifeforms, which evolved from a tiny, single cell that suddenly -- but not miraculously or magically -- sprang to life for no reason, and is like a computer program more sophisticated than anything man has ever designed."

You're right, Old Guy ... my explanation is ridiculous compared to your scientific one. HAHAHA
Nearly every scientific society, representing hundreds of thousands of scientists, has issued statements rejecting intelligent design and a petition supporting the teaching of evolutionary biology was endorsed by 72 US Nobel Prize winners."
You don't think that's a pathetic statement? These people can't do anything but speculate about the origins of the universe, yet they're so arrogant and prejudiced that they'll say without a doubt that someone else's theory is wrong. Science is supposed to be about discovery, not indoctrination into the cult of God-deniers who fear any rational discussion about the possibility of an Intelligent Designer.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#24800 Jan 30, 2014
Canton wrote:
This isn't the 50's. Although you wouldn't know it, listening to Conservatives.
No, it's not the 50s, which makes me wonder why democrats call black republicans "house n****rs".

If you don't want to discuss the democrat party's racist past, then #1, stop bringing it up, and #2, stop acting like racists.
seriously

Chillicothe, OH

#24801 Jan 30, 2014
And within those billions of galaxies are billions of billions of solar systems. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a scientist who believes our earth is unique.

In our galaxy alone it takes 100,000 years for light to travel from one end to the other, so it's entirely possible that we have other life bearing planets right here in our galaxy.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#24802 Jan 30, 2014
UdintBuildThat wrote:
For Gods sake man we're no longer racist. We elected a black man.
"We"? That makes it sound like you were part of the 53% that voted for Obama in 2008.

I'm guessing that you didn't vote for him.

If you think that there are no racists left, please explain this:

http://bit.ly/1bBzMqR

Or this: http://bit.ly/1fzUMRC
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#24803 Jan 30, 2014
seriously wrote:
And within those billions of galaxies are billions of billions of solar systems. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a scientist who believes our earth is unique.
In our galaxy alone it takes 100,000 years for light to travel from one end to the other, so it's entirely possible that we have other life bearing planets right here in our galaxy.
Yes, we have no idea what's out there.
Chilli not me

Canton, OH

#24804 Jan 30, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Magical explanation, huh? I asked you to explain your theory about the origins of matter, but you didn't want to do that. So, I'll explain it for you:
"In the beginning, there was absolutely nothing in the universe. No gasses, no matter, no gravity, no nothing. Only completely-empty darkness." (Just stop and take that in for a minute.)
"And then for no reason, some non-living thing just popped up one day. It wasn't a miraculous or magical occurrence, though, because everyone knows that things that don't exist can pop up from nothing all the time. And now we have an entire universe with billions of galaxies and ordered planetary systems, each comprised of various gasses and types of matter. And in our own galaxy, there just happens to be the perfect conditions on earth to sustain a vast array of infinitely-complex lifeforms, which evolved from a tiny, single cell that suddenly -- but not miraculously or magically -- sprang to life for no reason, and is like a computer program more sophisticated than anything man has ever designed."
You're right, Old Guy ... my explanation is ridiculous compared to your scientific one. HAHAHA
<quoted text>
You don't think that's a pathetic statement? These people can't do anything but speculate about the origins of the universe, yet they're so arrogant and prejudiced that they'll say without a doubt that someone else's theory is wrong. Science is supposed to be about discovery, not indoctrination into the cult of God-deniers who fear any rational discussion about the possibility of an Intelligent Designer.
It mentions in Genesis that God created light on the earth, before he created the sun. Teach THAT in science classes. Just don't have what it takes...
seriously

Chillicothe, OH

#24805 Jan 30, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
"We"? That makes it sound like you were part of the 53% that voted for Obama in 2008.
You indicating the 47% who didn't vote for Obama as being racist is racist, not the people who didn't vote for him.
Chilli not me

Canton, OH

#24806 Jan 30, 2014
Ignorance Is Bliss wrote:
Just ignore Canton, his trolling days are over.
Yep. Deleting your browsing history to judge your own posts. Agreeing with yourself to seem important. Check and check. All the symptoms of a conniving Christian Conservative Rightwinger. Speaking of check lists...here's your exact agenda...step by step.

http://www.rense.com/general37/char.htm
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#24807 Jan 30, 2014
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
You indicating the 47% who didn't vote for Obama as being racist is racist, not the people who didn't vote for him.
But, of course, I didn't say that at all. If I did, you would have quoted that part.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#24808 Jan 30, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Magical explanation, huh? I asked you to explain your theory about the origins of matter, but you didn't want to do that.
Well, actually we were talking about evolution. You said that you couldn't see how life could spring from non-life, and therefore there must be a creator. I asked you then how the creator came to be. You admitted you had no idea. That's a real problem with your "theory." Because you can't understand how life could evolve from non-life, you suggest a creator. But then you still don't understand how a creator could come to be, and yet you are OK with that. A theory can be tested, and has the potential to be falsified. What test would you offer that could disprove your "theory" of the creation of life?
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
And in our own galaxy, there just happens to be the perfect conditions on earth to sustain a vast array of infinitely-complex lifeforms, which evolved from a tiny, single cell that suddenly -- but not miraculously or magically -- sprang to life for no reason, and is like a computer program more sophisticated than anything man has ever designed."
OK, now we are back to the idea of how life could arise from non-life. Scientists believe that what we know as "life" developed (over a very long time) from chemical reactions that occurred in the distant past. That's a real theory, and one that can be tested.

The way to test it is to set up an experiment where the chemicals and environment are similar to our distant past, and see if the building blocks of life (organic molecules and amino acids) would appear.

A famous experiment, conducted in 1953 by Stanley Miller and Harold Urey did just that:

"The experiment used water (H2O), methane (CH4), ammonia (NH3), and hydrogen (H2). The chemicals were all sealed inside a sterile array of glass flasks and flasks connected in a loop, with one flask half-full of liquid water and another flask containing a pair of electrodes. The liquid water was heated to induce evaporation, sparks were fired between the electrodes to simulate lightning through the atmosphere and water vapor, and then the atmosphere was cooled again so that the water could condense and trickle back into the first flask in a continuous cycle.

Within a day, the mixture had turned pink in colour, and at the end of two weeks of continuous operation, Miller and Urey observed that as much as 1015% of the carbon within the system was now in the form of organic compounds. Two percent of the carbon had formed amino acids that are used to make proteins in living cells, with glycine as the most abundant. Sugars were also formed. Nucleic acids were not formed within the reaction. 18% of the methane-molecules became bio-molecules."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller%E2%80%93U...
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
And in our own galaxy, there just happens to be the perfect conditions on earth to sustain a vast array of infinitely-complex lifeforms, which evolved from a tiny, single cell that suddenly -- but not miraculously or magically -- sprang to life for no reason...
Single cells are not the beginning. They are the result of a long period of organic chemicals arranging themselves in ever more complex forms, including earlier forms of protolife, such as viruses. Understand, this happened over a very long time (billions of years.)

If you are interested in this area of science, you should investigate "abiogenesis."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
seriously

Chillicothe, OH

#24809 Jan 30, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
But, of course, I didn't say that at all. If I did, you would have quoted that part.
"We" is a collective term. It doesn't matter who "you" or "I" voted for "we" elected a black president and your mindset is clearly racist.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#24810 Jan 30, 2014
Chilli not me wrote:
It mentions in Genesis that God created light on the earth, before he created the sun. Teach THAT in science classes. Just don't have what it takes...
I've stated that I'm not really in favor of Creationism being taught in public school. I'm a proponent of Intelligent Design. It's up to parents to teach a specific religion to their children.

Try again, dum dum?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 24 min Abraham 20,105
Today's Leon Harrison Quotation 6 hr Leon Harrison 32
why do white people smell like wet dogs? (Oct '14) 8 hr MahLilyWhiteArse 16
"Our ITTs can't compete with their H-1Bs" Aug 30 Leon Harrison 1
Why imported immigrant H-1Bs are better than yo... Aug 29 The Hack Checker 1
"Our Humvees are good and tough enough" Aug 27 Leon Harrison 1
We have the urge to merge! Aug 27 The Duke of Hazard 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Xenia Mortgages