Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Xenia Forum

Comments (Page 1,037)

Showing posts 20,721 - 20,740 of25,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>So should the welfare seeker! You want a Welfare check, S.N.A.P., Section 8, or a medical card you should do what it takes & PROVE that YOU are NOT a lawbreaker/felon. There is NO difference.
The Supreme Court feels otherwise. I know you think your opinion is superior to theirs, but their opinion has the force of law.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What you may or may not realize is drug testing is far from detecting intoxication on the job. Marijuana can stay in your system up to three weeks. So if I decided to smoke some pot on Thanksgiving, and then got drug tested on Monday morning, got positive results when the substance has no impact on my performance or duties, how is that a public safety issue?
I understand your point. I was explaining the rationale for the Supreme Court decision regarding the prohibition on random drug testing, and the exception made for "public safety" reasons. You can disagree with their decisions if you like. But don't be mistaken and think that it is my opinion. It's not.

You and Pops both seem to have trouble understanding the meaning of "consent." It must be freely given. If a welfare recipient says "I don't want to be tested", they are within their legal rights to do that. Just as you can not be compelled to testify against yourself. It violates Constitutional protections. Do you really not understand this point?
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Our drug testing is a requirement of the federal government. Is the federal government wrong too? My employer has no use for drug testing for our company. It costs money to hire a service that pulls our names at random, pay for the clinic services to take the test, and pay us for travel time to and from the clinic plus whatever time it takes for us to muster up enough urine to fill that cup.
Bottom line is I have to submit to drug tests because if I refuse, the federal government pulls my medical card. So if the federal government can force me to take a drug test in order to work, why can't the federal government do the same for welfare recipients?
I've witnessed two of our drivers fail drug tests. One of them tried to use some sort of stuff that was supposed to cover up the pot he was smoking. The government pulled his medical card for six weeks and he was forced to go to some sort of rehab center. The second time they pulled his name, he just walked into the office and told my employer he'd save him some money by just quitting the job. It's a shame because he was a good employee too.
That's some real irony from someone who claims that he gets nothing from the government. You work for a private company, yet you have a 'government medical card.' It was always my understanding that if you got a DUI, failed a pee test or had so many violations in a certain period of time that you lost your CDL. Never knew you got medical coverage through the government and not your employers insurance.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>That's some real irony from someone who claims that he gets nothing from the government. You work for a private company, yet you have a 'government medical card.' It was always my understanding that if you got a DUI, failed a pee test or had so many violations in a certain period of time that you lost your CDL. Never knew you got medical coverage through the government and not your employers insurance.
Geeze.

Medical CARD. It's a document that shows you had your DOT physical and passed. You have to carry it at all times while driving and are required to submit (like your drivers license) it to a DOT officer when asked. Suspending your medical card is like suspending your license. If you are ever pulled over and don't have your medical card on your person, you can be put out of service on the spot.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Geeze.
Medical CARD. It's a document that shows you had your DOT physical and passed. You have to carry it at all times while driving and are required to submit (like your drivers license) it to a DOT officer when asked. Suspending your medical card is like suspending your license. If you are ever pulled over and don't have your medical card on your person, you can be put out of service on the spot.
Okay, that makes a little more sense.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your point. I was explaining the rationale for the Supreme Court decision regarding the prohibition on random drug testing, and the exception made for "public safety" reasons. You can disagree with their decisions if you like. But don't be mistaken and think that it is my opinion. It's not.
You and Pops both seem to have trouble understanding the meaning of "consent." It must be freely given. If a welfare recipient says "I don't want to be tested", they are within their legal rights to do that. Just as you can not be compelled to testify against yourself. It violates Constitutional protections. Do you really not understand this point?
Sure I do. But if we had a requirement that people who accept public assistance have to take drug tests in order to get benefits, we are not forcing them to comply. If you don't want to take the drug tests, fine. Get a job instead.

Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Supreme Court feels otherwise. I know you think your opinion is superior to theirs, but their opinion has the force of law.
That my opinion is superior is not quite what I said. I mentioned a caveat. That being that I don't know how the case was argued. The lawyers arguments are what their decision is to be based on & as they presented it may legitimize the SCOTUS ruling may be valid based on that.
My personal opinion (without knowing the arguments) is still based on these drug test being a choice of the tested. And that it is not for criminal court prosecution. IF the laws don't allow for the suppression of the test, I would have NO problem with such a law being enacted.
My mindset is to NOT support people that don't work because of their drug consumption. Example being that they won't apply to work somewhere because that company does drug test. That means that they are willfully unemployed.
The specifics of that SCOTUS argument would interest me.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, IF someone can't clean up their system for a one time test that they know they will have to take, they have made a willful choice & indicate that they do not deserve the aid AND that they do have a significant drug problem.
Basically I find it very sad that entry standards that are lawfully imposed by the private sector for a paycheck would be illegal for another sort of paycheck.
Such a policy condones if not rewards undesirable behavior & choices while consuming funds that would be best utilized elsewhere.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>That my opinion is superior is not quite what I said. I mentioned a caveat. That being that I don't know how the case was argued. The lawyers arguments are what their decision is to be based on & as they presented it may legitimize the SCOTUS ruling may be valid based on that.
My personal opinion (without knowing the arguments) is still based on these drug test being a choice of the tested. And that it is not for criminal court prosecution. IF the laws don't allow for the suppression of the test, I would have NO problem with such a law being enacted.
My mindset is to NOT support people that don't work because of their drug consumption. Example being that they won't apply to work somewhere because that company does drug test. That means that they are willfully unemployed.
The specifics of that SCOTUS argument would interest me.
Exactly. I have two tenants that live together--both working restaurant jobs. They don't make a lot of money and are always late with rent, but they can't get any other kind of work because they smoke pot all the time. Better paying jobs frequently drug test their employees.

I think it's a shame because they are in their early 20's and this is the time of their lives where they make their footprint in life, but nobody can tell them what to do. They will continue being poor, driving around in their rust bucket that breaks down all the time, and will likely always be late with rent.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

what_me_worry_ wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO @ you loser...
When did NASA become a right wing tool?????????
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha
http://www.isciencetimes.com/articles/6040/20...
read it and weep libitard..........
If you want more data click on THIS dumb ayse...
http://lmgtfy.com/...
Yet none of your links go to the NASA site. You know, the one that states global warming is real? That makes you a stammering buffoon. Just a kookie little fringe group with a whole pot of conniving propaganda instead of any real solutions to our nation's modern problems. Don't worry. Rightwing gun hoarding Bible bunker toddler gropers can still play the "God's punishment on gays" card when even the stupidest of our society (that's you, princess) finally figure out our climate is changing. Now take that fat oil lobby Koch out of your mouth you speak to me. The American voters stomped your greedy, Mormon weirdo agenda into the dirt for a very good reason.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. I have two tenants that live together--both working restaurant jobs. They don't make a lot of money and are always late with rent, but they can't get any other kind of work because they smoke pot all the time. Better paying jobs frequently drug test their employees.
I think it's a shame because they are in their early 20's and this is the time of their lives where they make their footprint in life, but nobody can tell them what to do. They will continue being poor, driving around in their rust bucket that breaks down all the time, and will likely always be late with rent.
Wonder if their lives would be any different if their family handed them 400 acres for free?
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>How about this link? www.isciencetimes.com/articles/6040/20130911/... Combined with or compared to what you & others have produced; it still says, "No one knows Chit & NO one has a crystal frickin ball"
One may be right or the other may be right, ONLY time will tell.
BUT what the current evidence says for a fact is that YOU are a PUTZ!!
Hang on. I'll apply the wisdom of your years we have all learned from you here on this forum....Waaaaah waaaash You called me a name.

“Keep your policy period. LMAO”

Since: Sep 13

The 57th state

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet none of your links go to the NASA site. You know, the one that states global warming is real? That makes you a stammering buffoon. Just a kookie little fringe group with a whole pot of conniving propaganda instead of any real solutions to our nation's modern problems. Don't worry. Rightwing gun hoarding Bible bunker toddler gropers can still play the "God's punishment on gays" card when even the stupidest of our society (that's you, princess) finally figure out our climate is changing. Now take that fat oil lobby Koch out of your mouth you speak to me. The American voters stomped your greedy, Mormon weirdo agenda into the dirt for a very good reason.
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/arc...

"This year's winter Antarctic sea ice maximum extent, reached two weeks after the Arctic Ocean's ice cap experienced an all-time summertime low, was a record high for the satellite era of 7.49 million square miles, about 193,000 square miles more than its average maximum extent for the last three decades."
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

what_me_worry_ wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/arc...
"This year's winter Antarctic sea ice maximum extent, reached two weeks after the Arctic Ocean's ice cap experienced an all-time summertime low, was a record high for the satellite era of 7.49 million square miles, about 193,000 square miles more than its average maximum extent for the last three decades."
Hey there's finally one from NASA. Sounds like what they are describing is a changing climate. Boy, you showed me. Stick to hoarding guns and mythological sky daddies.

The 57th state

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there's finally one from NASA. Sounds like what they are describing is a changing climate. Boy, you showed me. Stick to hoarding guns and mythological sky daddies.

Actually little trollie I presented you with facts..........

Yet again for the 3rd or 4th time........
I really get tired of doing the homework for my intellectual inferiors.....

I am willing to concede that the climate is constantly cyclically changing.

For instance where you are sitting right now in Ohio was covered by an ice sheet 1 mile thick 10,000 years ago.
(Not the first ice age or first greenhouse earth, not the last)

Since then, thankfully the climate cycle has become warmer.
I suppose you would blame that on native American campfires.......

Your deflection to other subjects re politics by the way is indicative of the weakness of your position, intellect and ability to debate an actual point........

I suggest you read about Obama and Al Gore and the Chicago climate exchange........
http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/arti...

Unless there is a cap a trade bill, the company stands to loose a butt load of money on the imaginary carbon trade options they have been buying up for years..........

For someone who claims to be against government corruption you seem to have an amazing tolerance for it when committed by your God Obama.........

Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I do. But if we had a requirement that people who accept public assistance have to take drug tests in order to get benefits, we are not forcing them to comply. If you don't want to take the drug tests, fine. Get a job instead.
You seem to think that your rights under Constitution end when you accept public assistance. The federal courts do not agree with you.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

what_me_worry_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually little trollie I presented you with facts..........
Yet again for the 3rd or 4th time........
I really get tired of doing the homework for my intellectual inferiors.....
I am willing to concede that the climate is constantly cyclically changing.
For instance where you are sitting right now in Ohio was covered by an ice sheet 1 mile thick 10,000 years ago.
(Not the first ice age or first greenhouse earth, not the last)
Since then, thankfully the climate cycle has become warmer.
I suppose you would blame that on native American campfires.......
Your deflection to other subjects re politics by the way is indicative of the weakness of your position, intellect and ability to debate an actual point........
I suggest you read about Obama and Al Gore and the Chicago climate exchange........
http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/arti...
Unless there is a cap a trade bill, the company stands to loose a butt load of money on the imaginary carbon trade options they have been buying up for years..........
For someone who claims to be against government corruption you seem to have an amazing tolerance for it when committed by your God Obama.........
Blah blah blah...NASA is completely wrong when it goes against your trust fund beliefs and absolutely correct when it suits your needs. Don't kid yourself, princess. Rightwingers are statistically uninformed and religious people have statistically lower IQs. Go look up how the people who watch Fox News believe less and less in science, the more they watch. Back down in the Bible bunker for you. America isn't buying your little fascist games. Maybe a white supremacy website might make you feel a little less of a fringe group corporate fetch boy kook. Get it right, little trust fund princess.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to think that your rights under Constitution end when you accept public assistance. The federal courts do not agree with you.
I see. So I should have those constitutional rights if I'm accepting public assistance, but not if I take a job in the transportation industry?

I don't know of any right to other peoples money in the US Constitution. That's the real problem in our federal courts.

The 57th state

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah...NASA is completely wrong when it goes against your trust fund beliefs and absolutely correct when it suits your needs. Don't kid yourself, princess. Rightwingers are statistically uninformed and religious people have statistically lower IQs. Go look up how the people who watch Fox News believe less and less in science, the more they watch. Back down in the Bible bunker for you. America isn't buying your little fascist games. Maybe a white supremacy website might make you feel a little less of a fringe group corporate fetch boy kook. Get it right, little trust fund princess.
LOLOLOLOL NOW Nasa is Wrong? LMFAO

Poor little trollie........

Science conflicts with your agenda huh..........

For the record buttwipe.... I am an agnostic so your bullshit deflection does not work on me, so stop the bullshit ........

Now let's talk about NASA and science asswipe..........

Up until NOW you discredited my links as they were not directly a NASA link....NOW they are......

I hate it when I have to repeatedly point out to my intellectual inferiors the error in their progressive liberal talking points but....please get back to me when you have a point other than a your political / religious deflection.

Let's talk about that 1 mile thick glacier that covered Ohio and melted huh..........
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

what_me_worry_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's talk about that 1 mile thick glacier that covered Ohio and melted huh..........
I think we'd all rather hear your "enlightened" take on them pesky secret Muslims and invisible commie invaders.
Maybe tell us about the time the president took away all yer guns...
LMFAO

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 20,721 - 20,740 of25,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Xenia Discussions

Search the Xenia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 50 min Samuel 17,744
What is Aspergers Syndrome? (Sep '11) 2 hr kris moore 190
tattoo parlors 2 hr kris moore 8
I need a rice cooker and a backpack... 3 hr CMS 3
Are Hookah Bars good for you? 5 hr The Duke of Hazard 2
Sen Reid(D) is anti American,need to go! 5 hr The Duke of Hazard 2
Longtime WDTN Sports Director Omar Williams pas... (May '08) 5 hr The Duke of Hazard 30
•••
•••
•••
•••

Xenia Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Xenia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance