Canton

Canton, OH

#22685 Dec 7, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
After Romney got his plan in, how many people in his state lost their healthcare coverage? Zero.
A state can do whatever they want, but not the federal government. If the state of Ohio wanted to start a new program that everybody has to own a firearm provided by the state, they can do that, the federal government can't. It's none of their business what we in Ohio do provided it doesn't violate the US Constitution.
Comme Care is entirely different than what Romney did. And no Republican ever proposed Commie Care the Republican version. No Republican ever sponsored a bill anything like it.
So all of those other "scandals" leading up to now, that were PROVEN to be lies and propaganda was all just misplaced rage and what you really meant to be so angry over is people losing health care coverage...right? Sure it is.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22686 Dec 7, 2013
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
So all of those other "scandals" leading up to now, that were PROVEN to be lies and propaganda was all just misplaced rage and what you really meant to be so angry over is people losing health care coverage...right? Sure it is.
No, what I'm angry about is the freedoms we are losing. Never in our history has an administration forced American people to purchase anything. They may have taxed and may have regulated, but nobody ever tried to have the government confiscate one-sixth of our economy.

What I'm also angry about is what Commie Care really is about: taking from the responsible and giving to the irresponsible. Earlier this year my employer already gave me a heads up that he's barely able to supply us with the crummy healthcare plan we have. Commie Care just may push him over the edge so that I will have no healthcare coverage so a french fry maker at McDonalds can.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22688 Dec 7, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the few nice things about getting old is that you can personally remember how ideas actually evolved, rather than relying on the opinions of folks like you.
"Mitt Romney, as we know, has been catching a lot of flak from conservatives for Romneycare, because Romney’s signature legislative achievement served as the model for Obamacare. But as Romney said in a debate in Las Vegas last October,“we got the idea of an individual mandate…from [Newt Gingrich], and [Newt] got it from the Heritage Foundation.”"
"In 1991, Mark Pauly and others developed a proposal for George H.W. Bush that also included an individual mandate."
"In 1992 and 1993, some Republicans in Congress, seeking an alternative to Hillarycare, used these ideas as a foundation for their own health-reform proposals. One such bill, the Health Equity and Access Reform Today Act of 1993, or HEART, was introduced in the Senate by John Chafee (R., R.I.) and co-sponsored by 19 other Senate Republicans, including Christopher Bond, Bob Dole, Chuck Grassley, Orrin Hatch, Richard Lugar, Alan Simpson, and Arlen Specter. Given that there were 43 Republicans in the Senate of the 103rd Congress, these 20 comprised nearly half of the Republican Senate Caucus at that time. The HEART Act proposed health insurance vouchers for low-income individuals, along with an individual mandate.
Newt Gingrich, who was House Minority Leader in 1993, was also in favor of an individual mandate in those days. Gingrich continued to support a federal individual mandate as recently as May of last year.
It would seem that 1990s conservatives weren’t concerned with the constitutional implications of allowing Congress to force people to buy a private product.“I don’t remember that being raised at all,” Mark Pauly told Ezra Klein last year.“The way it was viewed by the Congressional Budget Office in 1994 was, effectively, as a tax…So I’ve been surprised by that argument.”"
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201...
Two things about this: first of all, this bill was reactionary to HillaryCare which nobody wanted thus turning over the leadership of Congress to the Republicans for the first time in 40 years. Secondly, the bill was never voted on.

The Republicans today are offering alternatives to Commie Care. Again, reactionary and not assertive. It's not something they want to deal with, but they have to now.

I didn't hear of repeated threats by doctors and medical personnel of retiring or not treating people under RomneyCare. I read countless articles of doctors saying they will take that route under Commie Care. I didn't read anything about medical insurance skyrocketing for many people and others in the millions losing healthcare insurance altogether after RomneyCare. I see it happening with Commie Care.

The results are not in just yet as this painful plan unfolds slowly. But in the federal registry, it was stated that they expect 80 million people to lose the coverage they had before CommieCare.
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

#22689 Dec 7, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what I'm angry about is the freedoms we are losing. Never in our history has an administration forced American people to purchase anything. They may have taxed and may have regulated, but nobody ever tried to have the government confiscate one-sixth of our economy.
What I'm also angry about is what Commie Care really is about: taking from the responsible and giving to the irresponsible. Earlier this year my employer already gave me a heads up that he's barely able to supply us with the crummy healthcare plan we have. Commie Care just may push him over the edge so that I will have no healthcare coverage so a french fry maker at McDonalds can.
Nobody's forcing anything here.
If you don't paying taxes and following laws, quit yer job, quit yer b!tchin, and LEAVE the country. lol
See, you still have lots of freedom, you're just too lazy to exercise it anymore.
You whiny control freak corporate cheerleaders really are a sad, washed up, completely irrelevant bunch...
ROFLMAO
Daytonian

Sunbury, OH

#22690 Dec 7, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Pops, I don't have dental coverage at work either. I buy my own dental insurance and I have terrible teeth. The good plan is a little over $300.00 per year and they have a smaller plan with a higher deductible. If interested, the company is Delta Insurance. If you have bad teeth, it's worth it because you are going to pay for it anyhow in dentist bills. Dentists are an arm and a leg today.
That's the truth and I had Delta insurance once and it was very good.
Canton

Canton, OH

#22691 Dec 7, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
We lost way more freedoms under Bush's Patriot Act. I seem to remember your camp getting real chummy with those lost freedoms. Still, such a noble battle to stand up to the monster who wanted affordable health care for poor people.

By the way. Just so you Conservatives can keep a leg up in the game, the next noble battle you guys will be told to mindlessly fight will be to keep trans-fats in our foods.
Canton

Canton, OH

#22692 Dec 7, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be very interesting to see how your "job creator", the one claiming he can't afford to get you good health insurance, is living right now.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#22693 Dec 7, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And no Republican ever proposed Commie Care the Republican version. No Republican ever sponsored a bill anything like it.
Are you going to admit that you were totally wrong when you said this? It's very hard to take you seriously when you never admit your errors.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22694 Dec 7, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to admit that you were totally wrong when you said this? It's very hard to take you seriously when you never admit your errors.
Was I wrong? I suppose partly. As I stated, taking over healthcare was not a Republican initiative, only a response to those that really wanted to take over healthcare. True..... a bill was proposed, but it seems not taken seriously by anybody. Guess that's why I never heard of it.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22695 Dec 7, 2013
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be very interesting to see how your "job creator", the one claiming he can't afford to get you good health insurance, is living right now.
And who might that be?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22696 Dec 7, 2013
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
We lost way more freedoms under Bush's Patriot Act. I seem to remember your camp getting real chummy with those lost freedoms. Still, such a noble battle to stand up to the monster who wanted affordable health care for poor people.
By the way. Just so you Conservatives can keep a leg up in the game, the next noble battle you guys will be told to mindlessly fight will be to keep trans-fats in our foods.
Yes, that would be a shame. To think, people might be responsible for making their own decisions regarding their own life and health. We can't have any of that. People are too stupid for such major decisions in their life. That's why we have a federal government; to make the decisions we are not capable of making ourselves.

It really makes you wonder though, how humans were able to survive without a federal government there to wipe your azz the first day you were born and throw the first shovel of sand on your grave when you die. Thank God (excuse the insult) for our federal government. Where would we be today without them?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22697 Dec 7, 2013
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to address this: "We lost way more freedoms under Bush's Patriot act that the UCA." Hmm, let's examine that:

Did the Patriot Act cause businesses and hiring to stagnate?
Did the Patriot Act cause millions to lose something they had and were happy with?
Did the Patriot Act affect you in some direct way? How about any of your family, friends, neighbors?
Was I affected by the Patriot Act the way I might be with the Unaffordable Care Act?
We lost our freedom of health care providers, doctors, possibly health facilities. What did we lose with the Patriot Act?
Did GW ever threaten you or your employer with a fine if you didn't participate in the Patriot Act?
Was the Patriot Act ever responsible for the reduction of income because employers had to move full-time workers to part-time?
Did the Patriot Act ever cause a couple to contemplate marriage because it was financially better to stay single?
Did the Patriot Act ever stop a business from expanding their staff to over 50 people?

It seems to me that the only thing the Patriot Act effected was your imagination and nothing more. Wish that were true of Commie Care.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22698 Dec 7, 2013
Republican 101 wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody's forcing anything here.
If you don't paying taxes and following laws, quit yer job, quit yer b!tchin, and LEAVE the country. lol
See, you still have lots of freedom, you're just too lazy to exercise it anymore.
You whiny control freak corporate cheerleaders really are a sad, washed up, completely irrelevant bunch...
ROFLMAO
You support a politician that is supported by the US Communist party that also wants to control everybody's healthcare, and call me a control freak??? Apparently the mirrors in your home must be broken.
Pops

Newport, KY

#22699 Dec 7, 2013
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, how could you guys so easily skip over something as serious as how you portrayed Benghazi for something so trivial as the health care reform act Mitt Romney implemented in his state? It's almost as if...
I got the rest of this post I'm not sure of your point on this part. would you elaborate? thanx
Pops

Newport, KY

#22700 Dec 7, 2013
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you want to use that "logic", every inmate housed in prison right now is a "job creator" also. They make sure everyone working in the corrections facility has a job. An arsonist is a "job creator" also, as are drug dealers and drive by shooters.
Interesting point & not a bad one.Difference is that criminals 1st TOOK something of GOOD VALUE from society B4 going to prison. Especially since the payrolls created by the imprisoned are sourced by taxes. So it isn't their 'positive' efforts but 'negative actions' that finance those paychecks. Sort of an Apple/Pineapple comparison.
Pops

Newport, KY

#22701 Dec 7, 2013
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember that you were asked B4 to list what scandals were proven to be lies. I don't remember an answer. Did you have one?
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#22702 Dec 7, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Was I wrong?
Yep. When you said "No Republican ever sponsored a bill anything like it", that was dead wrong. And I pointed out the very bill that the majority of Republicans supported, back in the day. Even now, you dismiss it as some kind of insincere reaction, but again, that's just your opinion. I think the Republicans were sincerely for the individual mandate (before they were against it.)
Daytonian

Sunbury, OH

#22703 Dec 7, 2013
Republican 101 wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody's forcing anything here.
ROFLMAO
Sounds like a plan but I would be curious to know what country one would move to to avoid those things.
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

#22704 Dec 7, 2013
Daytonian wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a plan but I would be curious to know what country one would move to to avoid those things.
I hear Costa Rica's nice this time of year... See ya there, pal!
ROFLMAO
Daytonian

Sunbury, OH

#22705 Dec 7, 2013
Republican 101 wrote:
<quoted text>I hear Costa Rica's nice this time of year... See ya there, pal!

ROFLMAO
That was funny!!!!!! Back at cha' with the ROFLMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 11 hr One Voice One Vote 31,714
MLK said "I have a dream!" (Jan '11) 13 hr The Duke of Hazard 23
No matter our chatter... 14 hr Net Nut 2
Fetus dies after woman is beaten, left on stree... 14 hr Library Lover 2
Week/Weekend Events at Mjs on Jefferson (20 N. ... 18 hr daytonpromo 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Observer 19,589
Papa John's! Sat Doctor Holliday 4
Xenia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Xenia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:43 am PST

NFL 8:43AM
Jimmy Haslam: Browns have to get a QB in 2015