Tipp City, OH

#1 Jan 25, 2014
Leon Harrison
Clayton, Ohio
Saturday, January 25, 2014

To: The Editor

Subject: I do more reading than breeding

“I do more reading than breeding”

At the risk of seeming like an uncool old-school [63-year-old baby-boomer] fool, I shall still state that I have always liked reading printed published paper books, newspapers and magazines; with no batteries required and long before I retired. During better warmer weather, I also enjoy reading and relaxing outside or inside my parked car. I have been reading a hardback copy of Elmore Leonard’s “Raylan”. I have more books waiting inside drawers and upon shelves. Because of the Olde Pages New and Used Books shoppe, Goodwill stores, stores with paperback racks, and Amazon, I cannot catch up! Someday, I want to check out good hardback library books to leisurely read. Every morning, I buy a cup of coffee and Dayton Daily News at a nearby convenience store.
Unlike too many of our functionally-illiterate uncouth goofy youths and unwed baby daddies and baby mama’s (who Facebook, text and tweet), I now do more reading than breeding. No doubt, many younger people think that I am dumb because I neither have nor want an i-pad-doodad or to type with my thumbs. Yes, I am using “WORD” processing with my laptop computer and will send this via email and the Internet without nostalgic paper and snail-mail regrets. Yes, I have sometimes wasted too much time online; not that my Internet, TV and talk-radio research has hurt me. In 1950, I was born with the Cold War and with TV. My two subhuman sisters and I used to fight over watching three pre-cable TV-network channels; our parents did not discuss it much.
We baby boomers had to learn to read, write and speak standard American English with common lessons and text books. Books, newspapers and two writer magazines have also helped to teach me about how to write concise columns and better letters that have been printed by better editors and published by better newspapers and magazines; like if ya know what I mean and with a ton of other stuff that is good enough. Boohoo, I still have laundry to do!

Leon Harrison
West Carrollton, Ohio
The Old Cold Warrior

Englewood, OH

#2 Jan 26, 2014
This is great! If these local-yokel bedwetter editors don't print this, it is racist hate. Locally literate ladies will get all wet and sloppy, especially if I can get and give them autographed copies!
Fan of Leon the Man

Troy, OH

#3 Jan 28, 2014
Much to our surprise and regret, we have looked at the news and views in the Dayton Daily Snooze, and have not seen this nice concise column published yet! It would not waste Opinion-page space.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 hr Disturbed 20,924
SVG Motors (Steve's a Vain Guy) (Jan '16) Sat Jackmehoff 29
Anyone know Matt Morrow? (Oct '15) Sat Imnotfallingforit 60
Leon harrison has been banned from fb Sat Bite the Sack 8
Adult movie theaters (Sep '12) May 25 Kitty katt 10
Former swimming pool at Old River NCR park (Jul '10) May 23 Gary Gueltig 7
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) May 21 Truth to Power 31,985

Xenia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Xenia Mortgages