Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments
30,421 - 30,440 of 31,143 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago
May God Bless America

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Judged:

FLIP A DISTRICT wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?? This was a precedent in the previous BOE?? We the PEOPLE spoke at the last election. Guess you’ll just have to wait 4 years. In the meantime, there are people in the community that think differently than you do, and we walk among you:
Support COMMUNITIES and TEACHERS that believe in strengthening PUBLIC EDUCATION for all;
Support UNIONS to protect the PUBLIC SERVANTS;
Support historian HOWARD ZINN that spoke to the everyday PEOPLE’s history and struggles that brought about social changes for the betterment of our wonderful country;
Support PROGRESSIVE VIEWS that stand for marriage equality, women’s rights, the environment, equal pay, healthcare, affordable education, voter rights, religious freedoms, and evidence-based science;
Support PRESIDENT OBAMA and the DEMOCRATS that embrace ALL OF THE ABOVE.
Now…feel free to discuss among yourselves.
“If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and that is all that it proves.”
&#8213; Thomas Paine
May God Bless America With His Daily Outpouring of Blessings! And May God Bless You One Day At A Time!

"Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed, else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower-
Tunnel Vision

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Judged:

FLIP A DISTRICT wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?? This was a precedent in the previous BOE?? We the PEOPLE spoke at the last election. Guess you’ll just have to wait 4 years. In the meantime, there are people in the community that think differently than you do, and we walk among you:
Support COMMUNITIES and TEACHERS that believe in strengthening PUBLIC EDUCATION for all;
Support historian HOWARD ZINN that spoke to the everyday PEOPLE’s history and struggles that brought about social changes for the betterment of our wonderful country;
Support PROGRESSIVE VIEWS that stand for marriage equality, women’s rights, the environment, equal pay, healthcare, affordable education, voter rights, religious freedoms, and evidence-based science;
“If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and that is all that it proves.”
&#8213; Thomas Paine
&#8213; Thomas Paine

Stating the Beliefs, Mission and Vision for Springboro Community City Schools?
God Save America

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

FLIP A DISTRICT wrote:
<quoted text>
&#8213; Thomas Paine
"The duty of a Patriot is to protect his Country from its government."
-Thomas Paine
Amen

Clayton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

God Save America wrote:
<quoted text>
"The duty of a Patriot is to protect his Country from its government."
-Thomas Paine
Great point! That's why MSA and their supporter worked so hard to unseat the last board majority.
Doug Wiedeman

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

Truth of the matter is that what Ms. Wray did was wrong, not only morally breaking a trust, but legally as well.

The other truth of the matter is that the victorious side got their voters to the polls in greater number than the other side.

Carp and complain all you will, but the victorious side did the job we did not.

Lesson learned.
Good Golly

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

FLIP A DISTRICT wrote:
<quoted text>
&#8213; Thomas Paine
"Flip A District" and "Support UNIONS to protect the PUBLIC SERVANTS;" ....?

Good Golly Miss Molly!

Why Not "Honor A District" and RESPECT the Authority of State Laws to
PROTECT OUR STUDENTS privacy rights from being violated by PUBLIC SERVANT, union classroom teacher, Molly Wray?

Where's the "BEFIEF" in that corrupt "VALUES" system, making our Springboro Students "Victims" of their own Public Servant in the classroom, protected by the UNIONS employment security plan!
2014 Renewed Status Quo

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

poundsand wrote:
When all is said and done with the thousands of dollars that are being paid to these so called consultants, we'll be right back to Bakerville, circa, 2008.
How soon until Malone and crew resurrect the last levy passed with the slogan "It is only one can of soda per day"? Anyone else remember that? Now it will be only 2-3 cups of coffee per day. All these beverages are really adding up...
How soon until we're being threatened with increased "pay to pay" fees?
How soon until we're being threatened with busing being discontinued for high school students?
etc., etc.....
Totally Agree!

Todd Petrey's Renewed Vision and $12,000/Plus Contract Proposal for Community Engagement (hiring community organizer Jeff Stec) to hold special interest groups' meetings during the next year "Stating the Beliefs, Mission and Vision for Springboro Community City Schools" is really just Re-instating Baker/Dettwiller Same Old Status Quo - 2008 past failed leadership practices!

And we all know what that means in Proverbial Wisdom:

"Like a dog that returns to its vomit is a fool who reverts to his folly."
Proverbs 26:11 - NRSV Holy Bible
2014 Renewed Status Quo

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Great point! That's why MSA and their supporter worked so hard to unseat the last board majority.
And we all know what that means in Proverbial Wisdom:

"Like a dog that returns to its vomit is a fool who reverts to his folly."
Proverbs 26:11 - NRSV Holy Bible
Curious

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

Good Golly wrote:
<quoted text>
"Flip A District" and "Support UNIONS to protect the PUBLIC SERVANTS;" ....?
Good Golly Miss Molly!
Why Not "Honor A District" and RESPECT the Authority of State Laws to
PROTECT OUR STUDENTS privacy rights from being violated by PUBLIC SERVANT, union classroom teacher, Molly Wray?
Where's the "BEFIEF" in that corrupt "VALUES" system, making our Springboro Students "Victims" of their own Public Servant in the classroom, protected by the UNIONS employment security plan!
What Molly Wray did was wrong but don't you think you are going a little too far by crying out that our Springboro Students are "victims". If you think by sending them an email makes them a victim then what Mr. Petroni did to the Anonymous Panther was equally as bad if not worse!!! Anyone that read Ms. Wray's email could have ignored it but the student that read Mr. Petroni's email would have been threatened with not graduating. Where is the outcry against Mr. Petroni??? What was the punishment for him? I would like to believe we hold our elected officials up to a higher standard but maybe not. I seem to recall that Mr. Rigano called for forgiveness but I guess that is only the case when one of your side does wrong.
Say It Again

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

No Confidence wrote:
Previous post
"There has been 2 crimes committed in connection to Mollygate...
1) Molly Wray's violation of state and Federal student privacy laws
2) Springboro Schools administration not suspending Molly Wray
"...Ms. Wray unfortunately decided to use protected student information under R.C.§3319.321 and FERPA 20 USC 1232g for personal use. The Administration of the Springboro Community City School District discussed this matter with Ms. Wray and disciplined Ms. Wray in the matter they believed was appropriate..."
Terrah Floyd, Treasurer
Springboro Community City Schools
______
So what was the manner of discipline Todd Petrey and Lee Vincent believed was "appropriate" for Molly Wray's violation of state and federal student privacy laws? A verbal lecture and a "letter of understanding" in Molly Wray's personnel file, to be removed after six months? For a flagrant offense involving a health teacher who lured recent Boro alumni to go to her personal website by informing them about a.... "really important election for the school board".... only to have web-browsers discover her personal endorsement of Malone Stuckey & Anderson....... UNBELIEVABLE!
One of the first things every higher-level administrator of any given school district has to understand is the decisions they make set examples / precedents for their subordinates to follow. This is true not only in decision-making, but also in setting discipline patterns. In the exerpt (above), the treasurer of Springboro Community City Schools, Terrah Floyd, confirms that Springboro high school health teacher violated both state of Ohio as well as federal FERPA student privacy law.
In receiving a "letter of understanding" to be removed after six months, Molly Wray received nothing more than a slap on the wrist for her flagrant violation of trust. In being weak in their discipline, Springboro administrators have not only set a poor example directly in front of the eyes of Springboro High School students, Springboro admins have also set a terrible precedent for our students' and alumnis' privacy to be flagrantly abused and misused again in the future."
It is hard to believe this is the only time this has happened and we should know who this information went to and who else used this ill-gotten list.
Does Acorn have the private information of our students? Does the Democratic party, as Stephanie Bindeman is on the Democratic Central Committee, does she now have this list of our voting students?
What other information has been misused to work over our kids?
Is this the way they got the 99%ers to rally?
I am outraged by this information, aren't all of you?
Can someone call the board of elections and the prosecutor?
"In being weak in their discipline, Springboro administrators have not only set a poor example directly in front of the eyes of Springboro High School students, Springboro admins have also set a terrible precedent for our students' and alumnis' privacy to be flagrantly abused and misused again in the future."

In being weak in their discipline to stand strong on principles of the authority of law; obviously Springboro administrators have lost Moral Authority to praise and worship their own Staff; so the School Superintendent, Todd Petrey, is now hiring a professional union activist, Jeff Stec, to launch a year-long Advertising Campaign; trying to brainwash this community into "buying" into greater Investments in our Springboro Schools, looking past the moral and political corruption of Mollygate/MSA right here under their nose; trying to distract Taxpayers by asking us to "just picture where Education will be in 10 years?"
Good Golly

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
What Molly Wray did was wrong but don't you think you are going a little too far by crying out that our Springboro Students are "victims". If you think by sending them an email makes them a victim then what Mr. Petroni did to the Anonymous Panther was equally as bad if not worse!!! Anyone that read Ms. Wray's email could have ignored it but the student that read Mr. Petroni's email would have been threatened with not graduating. Where is the outcry against Mr. Petroni??? What was the punishment for him? I would like to believe we hold our elected officials up to a higher standard but maybe not. I seem to recall that Mr. Rigano called for forgiveness but I guess that is only the case when one of your side does wrong.
Good Golly Miss Molly! Not going to far at all by telling it like it is. Molly Wray was found guilty of violating the privacy rights of these students; and since it is illiegal, then Molly Wray committed a crime and when a crime is committed, there are always the Victims. In Molly Wray's crime, our Springboro students are the victims.

Are you now suggesting that the Springboro Students were to blame for opening an email from Molly Wray, a union classroom teacher who had won the trust and confidence of our students and the trust and confidence of the Springboro administrators?
Seems Like A Diversion

Lebanon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Petroni did not violate the federal and state law. As near as I can tell from talking with people Petroni was lead to believe that the student in question went to school somewhere else, not Springboro High School. How can a student who does not attend our high school graduate from our high school? Regardless, Petroni doesn't have the authority to deny graduation to anyone. Molly Wray's actions look like they are in violation of the trust we put in our public institutions to protect our private information.
Personal Information of Ohio residents, excluding publicly available information that is lawfully available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records or any of the following media that are widely distributed:
1) any news or editorial advertising statement published in any bona fide newspaper, journal, or magazine, or broadcast over radio or television;
2) any gathering or furnishing of information or news by any bona fide reporter, correspondent, or news bureau to news media;
3) any publication designed for and distributed to members of any bona fide associations or charitable or fraternal nonprofit corporation;
4) any type of media similar in nature to any item, entity, or activity identified above.
If what Molly Wray did was okay, can we now ask the schools to provide us all of the contact information, addresses, phone numbers, and emails of all its parents of students?
Anonymous Citizen

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So why the double standard, favoring Anonymous Panther to address by e-mail an elected official of the Board of Education, without FIRST stating Identity of name and address?

All emails to our BOE elected officials are open to the public; just like all comments made to the BOE in board meetings Public Participation of citizens.

If I wish to address the Board in public meeting, I am required to state my name and address, before speaking, in accordance with our board policy/bylaws on public participation. I can not expect that requirement to be waived, just because I would like to be recognized as Anonymous Citizen. Neither should that requirement be waived in the case of Anonymous Panther.

When Anonymous Panther chose to go to the Public with the students acts of random kindness project, by contacting a BOE elected official, then why should this BOE elected official NOT expect that the Anonymous Panther would abide by the same rules as all other citizens who address a public official, and begin by introduction of Name and Address?
Accountability

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

Seems Like A Diversion wrote:
<quoted text>
Petroni did not violate the federal and state law. As near as I can tell from talking with people Petroni was lead to believe that the student in question went to school somewhere else, not Springboro High School. How can a student who does not attend our high school graduate from our high school? Regardless, Petroni doesn't have the authority to deny graduation to anyone. Molly Wray's actions look like they are in violation of the trust we put in our public institutions to protect our private information.
Personal Information of Ohio residents, excluding publicly available information that is lawfully available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records or any of the following media that are widely distributed:
1) any news or editorial advertising statement published in any bona fide newspaper, journal, or magazine, or broadcast over radio or television;
2) any gathering or furnishing of information or news by any bona fide reporter, correspondent, or news bureau to news media;
3) any publication designed for and distributed to members of any bona fide associations or charitable or fraternal nonprofit corporation;
4) any type of media similar in nature to any item, entity, or activity identified above.
If what Molly Wray did was okay, can we now ask the schools to provide us all of the contact information, addresses, phone numbers, and emails of all its parents of students?
Let's Stay Focused on the important school district issue of "protecting our students' privacy rights" from the illegal invasion, and apparent apathy and arrogance, of their own school government administrators and union classroom teachers.
Anonymous Citizen

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

Anonymous Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
So why the double standard, favoring Anonymous Panther to address by e-mail an elected official of the Board of Education, without FIRST stating Identity of name and address?
All emails to our BOE elected officials are open to the public; just like all comments made to the BOE in board meetings Public Participation of citizens.
If I wish to address the Board in public meeting, I am required to state my name and address, before speaking, in accordance with our board policy/bylaws on public participation. I can not expect that requirement to be waived, just because I would like to be recognized as Anonymous Citizen. Neither should that requirement be waived in the case of Anonymous Panther.
When Anonymous Panther chose to go to the Public with the students acts of random kindness project, by contacting a BOE elected official, then why should this BOE elected official NOT expect that the Anonymous Panther would abide by the same rules as all other citizens who address a public official, and begin by introduction of Name and Address?
Let us not forget that recently it was reported in the news that CCFD union employee, Mr. Veechi, "stole" the identity of our former school board president/Springboro parent and used the board president's name to post comments, as if the board president held those views same as the union employee. That was against the law, this time a Springboro parent being the victim of Mr. Veechi's crime; and Mr. Veechi only received a slap on the wrist from the Clearcreek Township Government leaders; just as Molly Wray only received a slap on the wrist by Springboro School administrators, when she committed the crime against our Springboro Students.

What a hypocrite is this CCFD union employee, who was serving our school children and community as a member of the school safety committee, alongside the board president, during the time he illegally used her identity to his political views on the Topix blog! cousaCCFD The hypocrisy of
Double Standard

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Worth repeating!
Say It Again

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

Not A Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a chance that Molly Wray's crime against our students privacy rights is not as low as you can go way down in the Boro; No matter the protesting that it is ok; there is just no right way for Molly Wray to do our Students wrong.
Molly Wray's bad girl bad girl behavior deserve as DOUBLE helping of Shame! Shame!
Worth Repeating!

Not a chance that Molly Wray's crime against our students privacy rights is not as low as you can go way down in the Boro; No matter the protesting that it is ok; there is just no right way for Molly Wray to do our Students wrong.
Molly Wray's bad girl bad girl behavior deserves a DOUBLE helping of Shame! Shame!
lmao

Hamilton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

Watch out for the cops at night after midnight in Springboro, I've seen them pull people over just sitting at a red light. How do you get pulled over sitting at a red light? Do you not have to be doing something wrong? they are sharks and we are little fish. I keep my car loaded with cameras pull me over when I've done nothing wrong and I'm taking it to the highest court. I'm watching them more now. My cameras are on.
Diversion in its Fullness

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2014

Judged:

Seems Like A Diversion wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it ironic that our school district administrators give our union classroom teacher, Molly Wray, a mere slap on the wrist for violating state and federal laws that are meant to protect our students' privacy rights; and even after Molly Wray is found guilty of this crime, the school administrators will not release these names of students, whose privacy rights were violated by classroom teacher, Molly Wray.

However, the Springboro Schools Board of Education leaders, Charles Anderson and Ron
Malone, voiced judgment and condemnation (during public comments at board meeting on February 27, 2014) against one of their own fellow board members; because the board member had asked Anonymous Panther emailer to Identify the Name of the Anonymous Panther, who seeking from the Board member endorsement of a students random acts of kindness project!

lol..... where else, but way down low in the Boro, could our BELIEFS in VALUES of Kindness be turned upside-down such as this?
Waste Watchers

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2014

Judged:

Say It Again wrote:
<quoted text>
"In being weak in their discipline, Springboro administrators have not only set a poor example directly in front of the eyes of Springboro High School students, Springboro admins have also set a terrible precedent for our students' and alumnis' privacy to be flagrantly abused and misused again in the future."
In being weak in their discipline to stand strong on principles of the authority of law; obviously Springboro administrators have lost Moral Authority to praise and worship their own Staff; so the School Superintendent, Todd Petrey, is now hiring a professional union activist, Jeff Stec, to launch a year-long Advertising Campaign; trying to brainwash this community into "buying" into greater Investments in our Springboro Schools, looking past the moral and political corruption of Mollygate/MSA right here under their nose; trying to distract Taxpayers by asking us to "just picture where Education will be in 10 years?"
Springboro Citizens for Responsible Spending should just say No Way to Mr. Petrey's proposal of Community Engagement, Stating the Beliefs, Mission and Vision for Springboro Community City Schools; wasting $12,000/plus of taxpayers money to hire a community organizer, Jeff Stec, to stir up strife community-wide, through 30 or so Union Stewards leading special interest focus group meetings during the next year, promoting their greed for the Love of More Money, which is the root of all evil. And where is the "Goodness" for our school children and community in that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Xenia Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Xenia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••