Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments
29,021 - 29,040 of 31,119 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Doug Wiedeman

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

See ya wrote:
<quoted text>

And to Mr. Weideman (sp?), so sorry your money couldn't buy enough votes to put more of your minions on the board. I look forward to hearing you bitch at board meetings, but thankfully the board is no longer in your pocket!
You have yet to come up with a single, solitary point that you disagreed with during the entire campaign.

Could it be that you actually agreed with everything Mr. Vaughn and Mr. Bitner ran upon?

You are free to tell the truth today.
save our kids

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Doug W is one man that puts his money where his mouth is. Did you know that when anyone wrote to the SMA group with campaign questions, Sara Jobe answered their questions. WTH Is this what we should expect from the Malone, Stucky, Anderson group? I see extreme cowards that never met a levy they did not love because it filled their selfish pockets. Did you all know that Malone still has a daughter and a wife that are Springboro teachers union members? Do you think that is ethical? Malone worked hard to pass 5 levies that were proven to be unnecessary. While robbing the kids of field trips, materials and supplies, new busses, busing, leaking, falling apart buildings, no new technology, discouraged challenging stundets with college curriculum, he built a six figure principles fund? To be later used to buy teachers snacks, lunches, t-shirts ect...
Did you all know that while he smiled at these kids proving his undying love for kids he never looked into a single dual credit course, he let pay to play go to $475 per student, never asked the boosters to pay some of these expenses while coaches were enjoying vacations in FL on the booster money and while hundreds of thouseand was being stolen. Did you know that while he smiled at these kids he was letting coaches use Springboro tax payer paid facilities to run camps while they kept all the profits amounting to tens of thousands?
Hey guys, is your boss/mommy going to answer all of the questions for you? We have some questionsa for you, will Sara Jobe be your new boss and answer your questions for you? We will be watching
save our kids

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Glass Houses wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree 100%. They are good people. Just like anyone else, they have a right to seek raises - this doesn't mean they aren't about the kids, but it DOES mean that they are husbands, mothers, etc. with families to consider. Teachers are not overpaid, and the fact that they were on a pay freeze for so long is ridiculous. They don't ask for double their salary or something crazy - they just want to be compensated. They chose this particular career because they love children and teaching; that doesn't automatically forbid them from a good paycheck.
They do not have the right to hurt our children to get raises. They do not have the right to extort money from citizens to threaten to destroy this community harmony if they do not get more. Last year this community saw a 1% increase in household incomes, this year teachers will get 5-6% raises, how is that fair to these poor kids barely able to afford student fees, food let alone helth care coverage. The school newsletter says specifically that we have over 300 people getting food assistance from our food bank. The district pay and benefits for working part time is insanely unfair and we are all beginning to not only not trust but to disrespect this district and all others that do the same. There should be no crying poor from these district employees. All I want to hear is thank you and what do you want from us and yes I will pay more of my health care costs and yes I will work all year and yes I will work a 8 hour day and not expect to be paid for having lunch. Yes I will go on field trips without extra PAY. Yes I will become a grade level leader or a department head or a teacher mentor without extra pay. Yes I will coach a sport, get professional development and go to ours students performances without getting extra pay for it.
These district employees are so spoiled they have no idea how the real world lives and yes we do not think they desereve what they get because they get it through extortion.
The only solution is to decertify the union. We will never trust your motives teachers with the union involved in your jobs.

I want to trust "it's for the kids", now prove it.
save our kids

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Jeff Webb wrote:
"INDEED" and I quite you..( because things don't always format correctly on an iPad)
""why ? because most of them are greedy, lazy, and care more about their purses and wallets than the kids...and hide behind that tired line.."it's for the kids" Found that out from a lying neighbor whose husband was a principle in the school system a few years back.""
INDEED, do you really think MOST of our teachers are greedy, lazy and care more about their purses than the kids? Do you know how many young and wide eyed new teachers we have on board, and how many hard working tenured teachers who put in 10-12 hour days we have? Sure there are teachers that should be fired and yes the union protects them,( which I disagree with ) but your comments, and those like them, are the type of comment that drives this whole forum down. All the while hiding behind anonymity.
Strong people have always stood up for what they believe in throughout the history of this great country and they didn't hide in the shadows. They did it knowing there may have backlash for their words but still they had the courage to do it and stand up to what may follow. Or they let those that had the courage to do so, do it.
Good thing there aren't any names like "INDEED, OR ANONYMITY IS BLISS" signed on the Constitution.
This will be my last post, you all can go back to hiding and calling each other names, and downgrading every person on both sides of the issue. You are getting a lot accomplished.
Have fun.
Jeff
This sounds great Jeff, are you sure you have never blogged here under another name? What you said above describes this Board of Ed. What do you think of this board of ed? People who stood up and said what needs to be said to protect the rest of the people, in this case the kids. This board took all the retributions, slander, lies and distortions from all angles and the Daily Prophet, oops, I mean the Dayton Daily. They did so just because it was the right thing to do not because they got praise, money and benefits. Some people do set themselves apart from the greedy.
If Springboro has greatness and unselfish teachers they need to set themselves apart from those that make them look badly and get out of the union. This union makes them all look bad. I might believe that Springboro teachers are good only if they prove it now. I nievely used to believe they were inherantly good now, I believe the opposite. My kids came home telling me of things being said, "all sports will be canceled if Petroni and Rigano get elected". This was a blatent lie but that did not stop these despriate self serving teachers from doing anything to keep their money coming including, scaring the kids, extorting from parents and soliciting sympathy when a poor Principal was asked to move out of the way so kids could get a better education.

Jeff where do you stand on those topics. Say something controversial and then see if you cloak yourself.
Performance Review

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

save our kids wrote:
Doug W is one man that puts his money where his mouth is. Did you know that when anyone wrote to the SMA group with campaign questions, Sara Jobe answered their questions. WTH Is this what we should expect from the Malone, Stucky, Anderson group? I see extreme cowards that never met a levy they did not love because it filled their selfish pockets. Did you all know that Malone still has a daughter and a wife that are Springboro teachers union members? Do you think that is ethical? Malone worked hard to pass 5 levies that were proven to be unnecessary. While robbing the kids of field trips, materials and supplies, new busses, busing, leaking, falling apart buildings, no new technology, discouraged challenging stundets with college curriculum, he built a six figure principles fund? To be later used to buy teachers snacks, lunches, t-shirts ect...
Did you all know that while he smiled at these kids proving his undying love for kids he never looked into a single dual credit course, he let pay to play go to $475 per student, never asked the boosters to pay some of these expenses while coaches were enjoying vacations in FL on the booster money and while hundreds of thouseand was being stolen. Did you know that while he smiled at these kids he was letting coaches use Springboro tax payer paid facilities to run camps while they kept all the profits amounting to tens of thousands?
Hey guys, is your boss/mommy going to answer all of the questions for you? We have some questionsa for you, will Sara Jobe be your new boss and answer your questions for you? We will be watching
Congratulations are due to Springboro parent/private citizen, Doug Wiedeman, for putting his money where his mouth is, and standing strong in support of his chosen candidate, Charles Anderson, being elected Number One board representative! Mr. Wiedeman's clever political strategy, along with personally financing his one man battle against the union supporters first choice of Ron Malone, paid off at the polls, and our school district and community will benefit greatly by Mr. Wiedeman's hard work and tireless efforts to educate Springboro voters, of the true history of
the man who has led our school district as high school principal for the past 13 years.

Now that the election is over, Springboro taxpayers are asking Mr. Wiedeman to use his influence in the Board room to educate Mr. Anderson to join Mr. Petroni and Mr. Rigano in the difficult challenge of prompting Mr. Malone and Mr. Stuckey to get on board with our current board's fresh ideas and reform minded vision for the future of our school children and community.

In the Springboro Star Press, November 14, 2013,edition,
Mr. Anderson states that he would like to see the board become a member of OSBA again and hopes to be able to work with the board in hiring a full-time Treasurer. Anderson said he chose to run because he wanted to give something back to the community and he also wanted to bring more balance to the students and their accomplishments and not the board.

Well, duh...? Sounds to me like Mr. Anderson is solidly "on board" to re-instate Mr. Malone's 2012 March Madness protest rally AGAINST the reform minded board members, including Mr. Petroni and Mr. Rigano.

Sounds to me like Mr. Anderson is solidly "on board" to re-instate Mr. Malone's agenda of wasting taxpayers money "investing" in membership of OSBA, when absolutely nothing is contributed by OSBA membership to our children's first quality classroom education.
Sounds to me like Mr. Anderson is longing for the good old boy days of his previously served BOE years of 1996-2000, when the school treasurer and the SEA president had control over our school tax dollars, with priority of putting the self-interest financial gain of union employees ahead of our students first highest academic achievement.
Sounds to me like educate Springboro has a whole lot of "early
intervention" to do in early January!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

save our kids wrote:
<quoted text>
This sounds great Jeff, are you sure you have never blogged here under another name? What you said above describes this Board of Ed. What do you think of this board of ed? People who stood up and said what needs to be said to protect the rest of the people, in this case the kids. This board took all the retributions, slander, lies and distortions from all angles and the Daily Prophet, oops, I mean the Dayton Daily. They did so just because it was the right thing to do not because they got praise, money and benefits. Some people do set themselves apart from the greedy.
If Springboro has greatness and unselfish teachers they need to set themselves apart from those that make them look badly and get out of the union. This union makes them all look bad. I might believe that Springboro teachers are good only if they prove it now. I nievely used to believe they were inherantly good now, I believe the opposite. My kids came home telling me of things being said, "all sports will be canceled if Petroni and Rigano get elected". This was a blatent lie but that did not stop these despriate self serving teachers from doing anything to keep their money coming including, scaring the kids, extorting from parents and soliciting sympathy when a poor Principal was asked to move out of the way so kids could get a better education.
Jeff where do you stand on those topics. Say something controversial and then see if you cloak yourself.
Over the years, even when I was on city council, I was chastised for speaking up against the never ending school levies, and was chastised for supporting Kelly Kohls, who along with Petroni, and Rigano, gave Springboro 4 years without additional school levies. I used to have friends that supported me when I was on council, till that ultimately found out how I feel about the levies. I am sorry about losing those particular friends, but my view hasn't changed. Yes, I leave myself open for people that dislike me, but I can live with myself and have no trouble sleeping at night.
BTW, I lost my reelection by 10 votes, and I am sure those 10 votes against me were school employees. Life goes on and I can live with that.
Performance Review

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Stay Alert Voters! Mistakes unheeded are often repeated!

Perhaps you are one among the many voters who were appalled by the behavior of board members Scott Anderson and Don Miller, who joined with Ron Malone and Scott Maney in a community-wide effort to throw newly elected reform minded board members, David Petroni and Jim Rigano, out of office?

Well, get ready for a repeat performance from newly elected retired educators, Ron Malone and David Stuckey, beginning in January, as the community of blah blah blah parents for
S-U-R-E, like a flock of angry birds, swoop into the board room like vultures trapping their prey.

In the Springboro Star Press November 14, 2013, edition, Ron Malone states that "one of their goals is to define the role of the board in the school system." He said the role should be one of
policy making and receiving recommendations from
STAFF. Stuckey agreed in stating that the board should not micro manage staff, but provide guidance.

People in this community should stay alert and make their presence known in that important first of the year board meeting, and set the record straight that the role of the board members, including Ron Malone and David Stuckey, is to listen, giving fair and balanced consideration,
to the concerns and needs of the school community staff of employees; AND listen, giving fair and balanced consideration to the concerns and needs of all community tax-paying constituents.

Ron Malone must reset his priorities of entitlement thinking that he now owns the Staff, the school buildings, the school district agenda, and the parking lot! There is no more Anderson, Malone, Stuckey "platform"... just One voice for each board member among the elected Five, accountable to ALL community taxpayers; not solely to the STAFF.
Performance Review

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

In the November 14, 2013, Springboro Star Press,
Ron Malone states that he is grateful to the community that they have trust in himself, Anderson, and Stuckey who ran on the same platform.

Not a Chance, Mr. Malone! You can run a campaign hiding behind others, but you can't hide from your true history of the man who led our school district as high school principal for the PAST 13 years, and How you used the gifts of a special place of trust, authority, and influence in our community. Shame On You!

Wake Up, Springboro! Voters must not allow Malone's mistakes running our SHS like a union shop that went unheeded, take root in OUR board room and be Repeated... to the detriment of our Students First!
You Betcha

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

save our kids wrote:
You Betcha WE Know ALL of Malone's lies, deceit, and abuse of our school tax dollars and district resources! What a Shame that Malone still has 5673 Springboro voters fooled!

....better watch out Malone! You betcha that We the People will be watching... every move you make, every greedy breath you take, now that we have you out of those hidden union halls of solidarity and in the light of budget transparency in the board room!
Corruption

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

John Parise wrote:
<quoted text>
Over the years, even when I was on city council, I was chastised for speaking up against the never ending school levies, and was chastised for supporting Kelly Kohls, who along with Petroni, and Rigano, gave Springboro 4 years without additional school levies. I used to have friends that supported me when I was on council, till that ultimately found out how I feel about the levies. I am sorry about losing those particular friends, but my view hasn't changed. Yes, I leave myself open for people that dislike me, but I can live with myself and have no trouble sleeping at night.
BTW, I lost my reelection by 10 votes, and I am sure those 10 votes against me were school employees. Life goes on and I can live with that.
John, we have never met but, it sounds like you have figured it out. The public unions have control of this community. The public unions are evil, corrupt and the king pin is the Mayor. The Mayor of Springboro is bought and paid for by union money and gave $5,000 to Jason Gabbards' campaign. Jason Gabbard is now bought and paid for. We need to look at Ed Wades campaign finance report. So Springboro is all run by the unions, not parents, not private sector citizens not intertwined with the bullies.
I agree with other posts that say that these teachers would get respect when they decertify. Let this community and Township go from the grips of the organized bully forces. Did you all know Ohio is one of the highest taxed States? People either get out or take control. The union has you by the throat and will squeeze tighter every day. Funny that a poster compared the DDN to the Daily Prophet. Did you all see the Hunger games and the sequal catching fire yet? If not you need to it is an exact parallel to the socialist/union agenda.
Common Sense Voters

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

John Parise wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your insight as to the goings on inside the corrupt Springboro city halls of forced unionism. The more that average citizens know, the more we will grow in the direction of common sense, fairness, unity, sustainability, opportunity, excellence, leadership, confidence, trust, balance and the simply truth....

Ohio in 2013 is not America in 1938! Government workers already have the protection of civil service laws. With the proliferation of wage and hour laws, environmental laws, anti-discrimination laws, and other workplace protections that do, or easily could
protect governments workers...

IS IT REALLY THAT UNREASONABLE TO SUGGEST THAT PERHAPS ADDING UNIONS ON TOP IS UNNECESSARY AND COSTLY?

Did You Know...

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, OHIO can no longer afford the luxury of public sector collective bargaining. From 2000 to today, Ohio's private sector has lost a net of 612,700 jobs. That means there are over 600,000 fewer workers whose activities generated tax revenues to fund government. During that same period of time Ohio lost a net on ONLY 1,600 government jobs. That means 613,000 fewer workers today are paying for roughly the same size government Ohio had ten years ago in terms of employees. From January 1990 ....Ohio netted a mere 102,000 private sector jobs and 62,100 government jobs.

Is it any wonder that the hidden agenda behind the leadership of former SHS principal was to run our high school like a union shop, making up classes with scant demand to ensure employment for those whose skills were not in demand...but ONLY to ensure job security for union employess at the DEMAND of SEA president, Scott Maney?
wow

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Someone should ask the new leaders (Malone, Stucky, Ed Wade) how they think these #'s effect our economy.
Can Springboro, lost 65 students last year but, gained employees be serious about cost containment? Springboro is spending more and more every year. All parts of Springboro politics are spending like drunk sailors. Ed Wade, sitting on a mountain of our over taxed $'s is the fat cat smoking a cigar laughing as more and more of Springboro families get their food from the food bank. Malone and Stucky were derelicts getting fatter and fatter on the overtaxed citizens of Springboro. What do they do?
Malone and Stucky say they would have not returned the tax dollars to taxpayers like Kohls and Rigano and Petroni did. They would have kept the surplus for their friends and family for their secure future. How is this for the kids guys?
Ed Wade just keeps putting levies on the ballot, pleading poor, while sitting comfortably on his mountain of cash from these poor families going to the food bank to collect their dinner.
You don't understand fat cats we are not getting Obama phones, free health care, free rent, babysitting, we are the ones paying for everyone else to get those. We are the working class and you are making us into your slaves. Lest look again at the # of new hires for police and fire and the # of new residents. Anyone got those #'s?

Anyone else tired of this corruption in government?
The housewives of Springboro just keep robbing the poor to give to the rich and saying it is for the kids. Really, the Hunger games sound interesting.
Tell him to stop

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Ed Wade has to stop his quest to make more parks named after himself. How sick is it to over tax your struggling community then open another stupid park and smile like you just did something important.

Stop with the parks and downsize your bloated departments then give the money back now that is respectable.

If you open another park with the hundreds of acres you purchased at top dollar from the Gabbard family,(Yes Jason Gabbard township trustee) we will not celebrate with you we will make sure everyone know you sat on our money just to please yourself Mr. Wade.
Common Sense Voters

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

John Parise wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Parise, as a former city councilman, it appears from your posts, that you understand that Ohio is the only state in which every city and village sets its own rules and regulations about WHO must pay taxes, HOW much, and on WHAT type of income.

DID YOU KNOW... that more than 600 local government entities have devised more than 300 different tax forms? As a result, our municipal-tax reality is an unnecessary maze of inconsistency, uncertainty and inefficiency. There is a reason why no other state subjects its residents and businesses to such a complex and cumbersome web of tax rules and forms.

As a former city councilman, it appears that you, Mr. Parise, understand local distrust of state government (forced unionism), but accept Common Sense arguments of our local school district's new reform-minded vision that far outweigh the status quo business as usual, unionism way. And while we stay the course of our current boards progress made in the past two years, we must also
work together, as private citizens, to hold local school and government leaders accountable to All Constituents; and work together to promote and support our State leaders who will put a more-rational system in place, so that money being WASTED on a corrupt political system (forced unionism) can be re-allocated and INVESTED in a better future for all Ohioans.

(you may be interested in the website: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/edito... )
Well DUHHHH

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

spin doctor wrote:
<quoted text>
Name calling. So childish, but expected. How about refute the data presented? And if it were a "matter of money" as you say - why do the employees need to pay 35% of their health care? How does that help the children?
Well duh, if the spoiled teachers would pay what the poor families of Springboro pay or even close there would be another reason to lower taxes on the over taxed in Springboro. But wait then what would Ed Wade do with all his new found money? Would he buy another 100 acres to name the next park after himself, oh forgot he did that already?

How about if all government employees pay 50% of their health care costs (far less than most of us)or better yet, The unions got Obama elected right? So why don't they support him now by all agreeing to be on Obamacare. I am sure the employer fine that district would have to pay is far less than the costs for the current plan. I just thought of a great idea, all government employees whos unions supported him and sent him money should now support him and join the ranks of Obamacare so the young people he needs to support this will now have to pay for it. Why not, if it is good enough for all of us it is good enough for Teachers, Police, Fire, Bus drivers, custodians, park managers, city workers .....? Right?
oh come on

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Glass Houses wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree 100%. They are good people. Just like anyone else, they have a right to seek raises - this doesn't mean they aren't about the kids, but it DOES mean that they are husbands, mothers, etc. with families to consider. Teachers are not overpaid, and the fact that they were on a pay freeze for so long is ridiculous. They don't ask for double their salary or something crazy - they just want to be compensated. They chose this particular career because they love children and teaching; that doesn't automatically forbid them from a good paycheck.
So what do you call a pay freeze? Even Mr. Prety can't say that with a straight face. Can any of you look us in the face and tell us that lie? They froze for only two years the rest of the years they got 4% step RAISES. Stop the lies. I can assure you it is very different than what we normal citizens call a pay freeze. Actually, if you look up the data Ohioians lost $4,100 of income in the last 6 years so have the teachers lost income? Maybe if 0 for a couple of year is so ridiculous what would you call losing income? During this time teachers average incomes rose $5,500 all under a pay FREEZE. Maybe, just to be fair, they should lose some income. Maybe instead of gaining buying ability they lose buying ability- is that fair? They are overpaid and underworked.

Funny, above you say that name calling is bad yet did you say that to your athletic Booster president? See her past posts where she calls posters she disagrees with names. Really, this is a person that runs the Boosters?
Schooled

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

The way you all post/talk makes me wonder if you realize that Dr. Malone, Mr. Stuckey and Mr. Anderson received almost 80% of the votes cast?!
You need to realize that you have no say except on this pathetic blog!
Thank goodness for Dr. Malone, Mr. Stuckey and Mr. Anderson - they will take back the School Board and make it ethical and run it with integrity!
lol

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Schooled wrote:
The way you all post/talk makes me wonder if you realize that Dr. Malone, Mr. Stuckey and Mr. Anderson received almost 80% of the votes cast?!
Thank goodness for Dr. Malone, Mr. Stuckey and Mr. Anderson - they will take back the School Board and make it ethical and run it with integrity!
...that's so-o-o-o funny! and so typical of the community of blah, blah, blah parents for S-U-R-E and princiPAL Ron's vote for revenge kids! Have fun... but remember... Malone is not in high school anymore! And inquiring minds WILL be questioning EVERYTHING that Malone (and Stuckey) propose and we WILL expose to the community of taxpayers, exactly WHICH one of them (or both) is lying about "putting the re-emphasis on the financial gain of the union employees, while trying to throw OUR kids under the bus!
Fooled us once, Malone!... but there's NOT A CHANCE that you will get by with fooling us again! Bring on the pity party... but there will be NO MORE BOASTING about taking back your BOARD... it is OUR BOARD and we are ALL in great financial status through 2017!
CELEBRATE OUR SUCCESS

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

... in the direction of leadership!

If there is a sense of turbulence in OUR community
it has been manufactured by those who oppose change, wish to suffocate debates they would lose, and return to the days of endless levies, punitive action against our citizens, and never ending financial emergencies within the district.

Our current board members, including Jim Rigano
and David Petroni, working together with Todd Petrey and school district leaders, have built a financial foundation on the principal of fiscal responsibility;

....and will continue to make changes that make sense; for example, eliminating underutilized courses to fill needs in other
areas;

....and won't continue relationships with service providers that don't provide the best value just
because working with them has been PAST practice;

....and will demand integrity from everyone we work with from Boosters to Vendors, from Students to Administrators.

Common Sense, Ethics, and Sound Financial decisions guide Educate Springboro. The fear
of change will not chase OUR community back into the darkness of previously failed practices.

Let's stay on this new course and move in the
direction of leadership for OUR children, OUR schools, and OUR community.

Congratulations to Mr. Anderson, Mr. Malone,
and Mr. Stuckey! Springboro Families and Taxpaying Homeowners are optimistic that the expertise and leadership skills of current board members, Mr. Petroni and Mr. Rigano, will lead our retired educators/new board members, to leave behind old failed practices of the past, and quickly get on board.... working together with our school district leaders, in the direction of our reform minded VISION of highest academic achievement for ALL students, while maintaining fiscal integrity, with No New Taxes needed.
oh come on

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Schooled wrote:
Who gives a crap!. Obama won also we still hate him and his policies and are still free to say so. Are we suppose to bow to the masters now that they won against two parents that tried. I can't believe they won., but so the heck what?

We know what they stand for, themselves, not the kids not the taxpayers- their own pockets will be filled with our money and our kids education gone down. Malone and Stucky have track records we know what we are in for. Bending over now. Everyone take your kids out!
Agenbroad won, Ed Wade won, so what. Kohls won by a landslide but for 4 years your kind went around town telling lies, calling the media and you started petition after petition and Rally after Rally. Get ready, it is coming back at ya.

You have got to be joking about ethics, neither of these guys know what that is. Look at the audits of the high school, look at boosters, look at summer athletics camps, look at how the principles account was used for the last several years never telling parents they were paying twice as much for student pictures just to pad the Principles funds so Malone could buy goodies for his staff, that included his daughter.

The man paid/benefited over $150,000 a year, let the district charge $475 per sport, cancel busing, cancel field trips, short instructors of materials and supplies, need I keep going? All of these cuts while getting a bonus of $11,000 per year because taxpayers paid the employee portion of his retirement for him. Remember no other employees get this bonus and that $11,000 would have gone a long way toward reducing pay to play, bought many field trips. He hates the current board because they think that textbooks are more important than membership to OSBA and administrative bonuses.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Xenia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Xenia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••