Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments
28,961 - 28,980 of 31,132 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Come Grow With Us

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

...In the direction of common sense

For too long, the Spingboro district appeared to work very well, but it lacked clear direction. With no plan for textbooks, technology, capital improvements, buses and more, there was no larger course charted for our schools. There was no
common sense.

Educate Springboro's common sense approach does not strip the district of its traditions or diversity. It does not ignore its accomplishments and honors, including "Excellent with Distrinction." It simply gives us a unifying direction that extends beyond any individual building or year.
Come Grow With Us

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

...in the direction of fair

A year ago, our district faced a sort of "perfect storm" with needs for everything from buses and books to technology and staffing coming to the surface at the same time. Through good management and some good fortune, our once rudderless ship emerged from that storm with clear leadership and direction. Clearly there are still challenges, but we are moving in the direction of putting
Children First.
Come Grow With Us

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

..in the direction of unity

Even after plans to invest millions in technology, curriculum, buildings and buses, and even after providing every employee with raises, we are financially prepared to give something back to the taxpayer -- to give back to our community by reducing their tax burden, with Renewal Levy that saves taxpayers $6.5 million.
Come Grow With Us

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

...in he diretion of sustainability

We are meeting and exceeding state mandates as well as local expectations. We are building a technology backbone, investing in computers, curriculum, buses and buildings -- we are putting children first.

Most important, we are being honest about what is needed through 2017.

This is reform at the local level, and this is working together toward sustainability.
Come Grow With Us

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

...in the direction of opportunity

When we combine common sense with the strong performance of our schools, we provide opportunities for everyone--our students, teachers, families and our community.

From the districts aging computers, buses and buildings to new Common Core curriculum and rising expectations with new standards, testing, evaluation systems, the status quo is not equipped to meet the challenges that our school district faces.

Educate Springboro reaches past the status quo.
As we examine district operations and use achievement data, we are creating opportunity, directing more resources to students and more tools to teachers.
Come Grow With Us

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

...in the direction of excellence

As the status quo placed awards on the school walls, many assumed that all was well inside those walls. But the awards only measure the past, and the standards are changing.

Our schools perform well by the minimum state standards, but "Proficient" no matter how you slice it, is FAILING.

For example, the PROFICIENT standard for the
8th grade math Ohio Achievement Assessment
(OAA) ranges from 35%- 59%.

PROFICIENT is NOT enough.

The status quo has not been enough. The time is now to bring forward new ways of evaluating our children that no longer rely upon grading on a curve to obtain the desired results. Tougher,
realistic standards upset the status quo, but inflated standards rob our children of true
achievement and potential.
Come Grow With Us

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

...in the direction of leadership

If tere is a sense of turbulence in our community,
it has been manufactured by those who oppose change, wish to suffocate debatesth would lose,and rturnto the days of endless levies, punitive actions against our citizens and never ending
financial emergencies within the district.

We've built a financal foundation on the principle
of fiscal responsibility. We'll continue to make changes that make sense; for example, eliminating underutilized courses to fill needs in other areas. We won't continue relationships with service providers that don't provide the best value just because working with them has been past practice.

We'll demand integrity from everyone we work with from boosters to vendors, from students to adminstrators.

Common sense, ethics and sound financial decisions
guide Educate Springboro. The fear of change will not chase our comunty back into the drness of peiously filedpraices. Let's stay on this new course and movein the direction of leadersip orourchidren, shools and community.
Come Grow With Us

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

.... in the direction of Leadership

Common sense, ethics and sound financial decisions guide Educate Springboro. The fear of change will not chase our community back into the darkness of previously failed practices.

Let's stay on this new course and move in the direction of leadership for our children, our schools, and our community.

Springboro families and taxpaying homeowners
offer Congratulations to our new school board members-elect, Mr. Anderson, Mr. Malone, and Mr. Stuckey. Welcome Aboard!

Come Grow with Us....putting our Students First
while maintaining fiscal integrity!
Come Grow With Us

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

...in the direction of confidence

As Educate Springboro sought to add its voice to our district's board of education, we campaigned for the confidence for all stakeholders --

the newly married couple in a starter home and farmer in Clearcreek Township; the parents who would sacrifice to give everything for their child and the grandparents who watched their savings evaporate in the stock market; the employed and the unemployed; the alumni and the new resident, and so many others.

With an innovative administration and outstanding central office staff, we are employing efficiency plans. These plans are allowing us to reallocate resources and meet district needs, including an unprecedented investment in technology and curriculum to create a 21st century learning environment for students. For the first time in years, we have clear direction. Where trust has been eroded, we are rebuilding.
Come Grow With Us

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

...in the direction of trust

As we seek to build confidence in our schools for everyone, others seek to build mistrust. From the outside, we've been labeled controversial.

Zero-based budgets and efficiency plans are not controversial.

Updated technology and curriculum are not controversial.

Buses that run and roofs that don't leak are not controversial.

Putting children first is reasonable, not controversial.

Where the integrity was not maintained from within, it is our right and our duty to rebuild it together. We will continue to work in the direction of confidence to restore integrity and
trust in our schools.
A Khatibloo-McClel lan

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

respect wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, what are you? Not a Christian but, what? What is Khatibloo? Is this why you went ballistic at the thought of a Christian org teaching the Constitution? You are a lawyer at Lexus Nexus, right, and use this foul language? Interesting. BTW it is Jesus not Jeesh.:)
What I am is an individual who believes everyone has the right to choose their beliefs and how/when/what is taught to their children by way of religion. And to be perfectly clear, I am married to a devout Catholic. We actually share more by way of our beliefs than we have differences. If you knew anything about the 3 "main" religions in this world, you would know that.
I went ballastic, as you call it, not because the group 'teaching' was Christian (check your facts), but because that group is made up of individuals who perpetuate hate. Check out their information anywhere on the web. But let's put that aside because I was one among many who opposed the garbage being touted by that group, among whom were Christians.
Moving on - Jeesh was used intentially instead of Jesus. If you don't know why, I guess it's not up to me to teach you that. I'm quite aware of what I wrote.
And where I work is rather irrelevant, but you should learn to spell it correctly.
Finally, my language is what it is. I don't pretend to be otherwise. If you can't take it or don't like it, don't read it. By the way, to you or whomever else wishes to take potshots at me, at least man-up and own your opinions. State who you are if you have nothing to hide. If you truly believe the garbage you're spouting, claim it. If not, then carry on. I'll continue to have fun with you while staying true to who I am.
A Khatibloo-McClel lan

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

Bully wrote:
<quoted text>
So A Khatibloo, you are the new Athletic booster president? Gee, I think I'll not donate my time anymore. You are one scary, mean chick. Why would I volunteer for the boosters with a bully in charge? Puh....lease. How is volunteers goin for ya.
You still got those student athletes? I hope we have student academics at Springboro. You're one of those people that think being a ball player is better than being smart? some juveniles still think that being popular is more important than being smart as well. Well, hang in there that works out for some, until they grow up.
That's too funny. Bully? Seriously? Ok - you are entitled to your opinion. One scary, man chick...when I have to be, I guess. If my posts up to this point have scared you, then you have bigger issues, but I'll try not to be so scary, ok?:) With respect to the rest of your post...I'm not sure where you get the notion that I believe "being a ball player is more important than being smart?" I'm pretty sure I've never said that, and if you knew me, my family, what I stand for or believe in, you would know that statement is gibberish. As well, we have one of the highest levels of academic achievement among our student athletes, I believe. I would have to double check that statement; however, based on the number of athlete scholar awards announced during fall sports awards, I think it's a fair statement. Just to be crystal clear: athletic ability without the academics to back it up are useless in the long-haul. On that we would agree. However,
being smart and athletic are not mutually exclusive.
A Khatibloo-McClel lan

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

So funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Know what's funny you called someone a _____ for not spelling your name correctly but oops you did not spell Kohls correctly. It comes with an S _____. Jeesh! You and Bindeman are like two peas in a pod with your foul mouths. This is not the place to curse, lets be adults and all be tolerant. Oh that's right we are suppose to be tolerant of your point of view not the other way around, right?
I'll give you that - placed the apostrophe in the wrong place. More typo than anything. Not sure where your argument re: tolerance/intolerance comes into play. Pretty sure I've neither said nor implied anything of the kind. And since when is dumbass a foul word? Trust me, there are worse words I could have used for some of the craziness on this site. I thought I exercised restraint. But let's agree to disagree.(See, I am tolerant.):)
A Khatibloo-McClel lan

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

A Khatibloo-McClellan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's too funny. Bully? Seriously? Ok - you are entitled to your opinion. One scary, mean chick...when I have to be, I guess. If my posts up to this point have scared you, then you have bigger issues, but I'll try not to be so scary, ok?:) With respect to the rest of your post...I'm not sure where you get the notion that I believe "being a ball player is more important than being smart?" I'm pretty sure I've never said that, and if you knew me, my family, what I stand for or believe in, you would know that statement is gibberish. As well, we have one of the highest levels of academic achievement among our student athletes, I believe. I would have to double check that statement; however, based on the number of athlete scholar awards announced during fall sports awards, I think it's a fair statement. Just to be crystal clear: athletic ability without the academics to back it up are useless in the long-haul. On that we would agree. However,
being smart and athletic are not mutually exclusive.
Oops - typo *mean
Freudian slip

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

A Khatibloo-McClellan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops - typo *mean
Wow! What a classic Freudian slip!
So, please tell us, what's it like going about your life as a transgender man-chick?
A Khatibloo-McClel lan

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

Freudian slip wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! What a classic Freudian slip!
So, please tell us, what's it like going about your life as a transgender man-chick?
That's all you've got? Really? OK - If you want to trade insults, do it like a man and share your name instead of hiding behind a fake screen name & location. At least I'm woMAN enough to do so. You?
Jeff Webb

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

Hi, my name is Jeff Webb and I've lived in Springboro for quite some time and both my children attended Springboro their entire K-12 lives. They both received a good education at Springboro.

I stumbled upon this website and began wondering why everybody hides behind their made up forum names. If you are here to comment then tell everyone who you are. It would surely cut down on all the childish banter and name calling that appears to go on in this forum. If you would stop hiding behind your forum name and use your real name maybe some decent facts would come from here and we could all be educated a little on the topics at hand.

That's my challenge to all of you.

Have a great day.
A Khatibloo-McClel lan

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

Jeff Webb wrote:
Hi, my name is Jeff Webb and I've lived in Springboro for quite some time and both my children attended Springboro their entire K-12 lives. They both received a good education at Springboro.
I stumbled upon this website and began wondering why everybody hides behind their made up forum names. If you are here to comment then tell everyone who you are. It would surely cut down on all the childish banter and name calling that appears to go on in this forum. If you would stop hiding behind your forum name and use your real name maybe some decent facts would come from here and we could all be educated a little on the topics at hand.
That's my challenge to all of you.
Have a great day.
Jeff - nice to meet you. And couldn't agree more. With that said, I believe I'm going to exit this particular forum/exchange. Unfortunately, I let myself get sidetracked by the ridiculousness and sucked into responding to posts that do not really deserve a response. I'm always happy to engage in healthy debate, but I'm going to leave this churlishness to those who wish to continue to hide instead of engaging in (f)actual discourse. Thanks for being a voice of reason. Happy Thanksgiving.
TOPICS AT HAND

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

...in the direction of balance

Balance can be seen on scales, in sports and on
spreadsheets. There are times when balance is easy to see and define. There are times when we have to work to achieve balance.

For example, in our homes we try to find a perfect balance between work and family. Although we can define the ideal, we rarely meet it.

...Some will argue balance means putting opposing sides together on the board. But the picture of balance needs to be bigger than that. Board of
Education members are elected to represent the community in the school district.

The board is elected to balance the interests of students, parents, taxpayers, and employees. Many school boards lack balance because they are comprised of people with more allegiance to maintaining a specific establishment than to the greater cause.

For example: one of Mr. Malone's campaign pledges,
is to "re-define the Role of the Board Member"
to put the Re-emphasis on the Educator, with our
school tax dollars FIRST, leaving our Students First best interest left behind.

We can't just invest in Mr. Malone's status quo
business as usual, running our school board like he run our High School Union Shop, making up classes with scant demand to ensure employment of
educators whose skills were not in demand.
We must invest in a broader Reform-minded VISION
of Putting Students First, while maintaining fiscal integrity.

The Children's First budget is navigating us away from the repeated failures of the past. Now,
working in open, public meetings, asking tough questions, hearing all voices, using performance data and striving to find a balance that supports teachers, our community is achieving the goal to
put Children First in every decision!
TOPICS AT HAND

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

...in the direction of common sense

For too long, the Springboro district appeared to work very well, but it lacked clear direction. With no plan for textbooks, technology, capital improvements, buses and more, there was no larger
course charted for our schools. There was no common sense.

Educate Springboro's common sense approach does not strip the district of its traditions or diversity. It does not ignore it accomplishments and honors, including "Excellent with Distinction." It simply gives us a UNIFYING
direction that extends beyond any individual,
building, or year.

A year ago, our district faced a sort of "perfect
storm" with needs for everything from buses and books to technology and staffing coming to the surface at the same time.

Through good management and some good fortune, our once rudderless ship emerged from that storm with clear leadership and direction. Clearly, there
are still challenges, but we are moving in the direction of putting Children First....

and Springboro families and taxpaying homeowners extend Congratulations to our new board members-elect, Mr. Anderson, Mr. Malone, and Mr. Stuckey. Welcome Aboard! Now is the time to get on board with our school district's new reform minded vision of Children's First budget, ensuring a
quality classroom education for ALL our students while living within our means, with NO NEW TAXES.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Xenia Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Xenia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••