Our recommendation: Springboro voters...

Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

There are 31948 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

Dooies

Mansfield, OH

#29468 Nov 25, 2013
Anyone else hear that ABC WDTN channel 22 is doing some investigative reporting tonight on a growing problem in our communities. I'm wondering if Debbie Christman will be part of the feature. She sure has their number. Curious now if they finally have hers. Lol

Tonight at 11 after Castle. Channel 22.
A Khatibloo-McClel lan

Miamisburg, OH

#29469 Nov 25, 2013
Did You Not Know wrote:
<quoted text>
All things ARE possible with God!
May God Bless You and Your Family!
Happy Thanksgiving!
OK - I'm actually being serious...what's with the random capitalization of words in these posts? I'm befuddled. And so we're clear, I do believe all things are possible with God, who is, I think we would agree, the ultimate leader. I'm pretty sure neither God, nor Allah, nor Jesus, nor Buddah, nor any other true leader was considered a leader because they were part of a "TEAM". Leadership is NOT a team effort. Leadership is individually earned & exercised. If you'd like to demonstrate through one fact driven scenario a situation in which leadership was a "team" event, then I will recant.

And with that - Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.
Spread the Great News

Springfield, OH

#29470 Nov 25, 2013
A Khatibloo-McClellan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Genius - "...directions of professional TEAM leadership...." Leadership is not a TEAM sport. And if it's "directions" (plural) how is that possible? Shouldn't it just be a single direction - that of putting our children first? I'm pretty sure that's all I've heard on this forum and by various & sundry BOE members in the past couple years - ad nauseam. As if saying it at every opportunity makes it so. Puh...lease.
Everybody loves spreading the great news about our school district's progress, putting students first while maintaining fiscal integrity, made in the past two years!

Special Thanks and Appreciation are due our current board members, school superintendent and school district staff for renewal levy that saves taxpayers $6.5 million!

Good Leadership is NO BIG THING in Springboro... It's just
6.5 million little things... Adding up to More Bang for your
bucks in our multi-million dollar education business!
Quite Seriously

Springfield, OH

#29471 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
OK - I'm actually being serious...what's with the random capitalization of words in these posts? I'm befuddled. And so we're clear, I do believe all things are possible with God, who is, I think we would agree, the ultimate leader. I'm pretty sure neither God, nor Allah, nor Jesus, nor Buddah, nor any other true leader was considered a leader because they were part of a "TEAM". Leadership is NOT a team effort. Leadership is individually earned & exercised. If you'd like to demonstrate through one fact driven scenario a situation in which leadership was a "team" event, then I will recant.
And with that - Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.
It's agreed that Leadership is individually earned and exercised.

No need to recant. Shall we agree to move on?

Learning how to use one's individual skils to work well in a group is a lifelong challenge. Based on Ron Malone's public records of job performance reviews during his employment as SHS prinipal,
Mr. Malone refused to accept this challenge, when offered the
opportunity by his boss, Gene Lolli, to utilize his ABILITY to
help Raise the bar for all our students and teachers.
This is a concern, now that Mr. Malone has moved on up the leadership ladder to the board room. Will he accept the challenge that lies ahead and get on board with the current boards reform-minded VISION for our children's future? Or, will Mr. Malone
relucantly cling to the status quo of the good old days,
protesting against the superintendent and the board just like he did in March 2012 when he was a school emloyee?
respect

Springfield, OH

#29472 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Hey dumbass, I thought we'd already established, I'm not Christian. And if you're going to put my name in your post, at least spell it correctly. Jeesh. If you want to give me your name, I'll make sure to spell it correctly in my next post.
Just curious, what are you? Not a Christian but, what? What is Khatibloo? Is this why you went ballistic at the thought of a Christian org teaching the Constitution? You are a lawyer at Lexus Nexus, right, and use this foul language? Interesting. BTW it is Jesus not Jeesh.:)
Bully

Springfield, OH

#29473 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Hey Genius - "...directions of professional TEAM leadership...." Leadership is not a TEAM sport. And if it's "directions" (plural) how is that possible? Shouldn't it just be a single direction - that of putting our children first? I'm pretty sure that's all I've heard on this forum and by various & sundry BOE members in the past couple years - ad nauseam. As if saying it at every opportunity makes it so. Puh...lease.
So A Khatibloo, you are the new Athletic booster president? Gee, I think I'll not donate my time anymore. You are one scary, mean chick. Why would I volunteer for the boosters with a bully in charge? Puh....lease. How is volunteers goin for ya.
You still got those student athletes? I hope we have student academics at Springboro. You're one of those people that think being a ball player is better than being smart? some juveniles still think that being popular is more important than being smart as well. Well, hang in there that works out for some, until they grow up.
So funny

Springfield, OH

#29474 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
No idea what you're talking about, but I am curious...do Kelly Kohl's 'supporters' wear banners or otherwise identify themselves as such? If not, how the hell would a handful of high school students know who does/does not support her? Do you think they have a wall of mug shots back in the kitchen they reference - like at the post office? Would that be the "MOST UNWANTED" list?(couldn't resist...sorry)
Know what's funny you called someone a _____ for not spelling your name correctly but oops you did not spell Kohls correctly. It comes with an S _____. Jeesh! You and Bindeman are like two peas in a pod with your foul mouths. This is not the place to curse, lets be adults and all be tolerant. Oh that's right we are suppose to be tolerant of your point of view not the other way around, right?
Tell It Like It Is

Springfield, OH

#29475 Nov 25, 2013
respect wrote:
<quoted text>
I watched the whole charade and I witnessed people trying to save his reputation. A man who sleeps the day away in his office, does nothing for years to help students achieve, ran an out of control building, and the board was trying to get kids an education while not destroying the Malone legacy of smiles and cheer. It appears to me they were being very very generous. My confidence is with them now not the Malone kool-aid drinking supporters. Now they have to be feeling dooped.
Totally Agree with your conclusion after watching the whole charade, with eyes wide open, that Mr. Malone's promotion to
district office was one more opportunity given, in hopes that
a greater responsibility and recognition of Mr. Malone's
41 years of educational experience, WOULD motivate Mr. Malone out of his low-level status business of running our SHS like a union shop; making up classes with scant demand to ensure employment for those whose skills were not in demand.

When the union president heard of Mr. Malone's new job offer, Mr. Maney hit the panic button, in fear of losing Mr. Malone's power to add a large quantity of low-level courses to the high school program of studies, thereby, securing jobs for union teachers
best interest, instead of providing quality classroom courses in the best academic interest of students first; resulting in the
misallocation of district and taxpayer resources: 34 out of 77 elective classes at the high school had less than 20 students, more than a few had multiple classes. IE: Children's Literature, 2 classes - 27 total students; Entrepreneurship, 2 classes - 20 total students, etc.

This tactic robbed resources from areas of greater need in the district. Those who suffered the most were the gifted and those in need of early intervention.

Mr. Malone was able to continue running the SHS like a union shop, only as long as he had the support network of superintendent Gene Lolli; when Mr. Lolli chose employment outside our district, AND Mr. Malone's high school program was under scrutiny, only THEN
did Mr. Malone RE-APPLY for the same position in district office, that he had protested community-wide AGAINST in March 2012.

As the man who led our school district as high school principal for 13 years, Ron Malone held a special place of trust, authority, and influence in our community. How he chose to use those gifts is revealed in the public records reports of his professional peer reviewers, his superiors, and his own public pronouncements.
The true history of a man through official documents written by
third party observers...It is not as golden as you have been led
to believe.
Glass Houses

Springfield, OH

#29476 Nov 25, 2013
respect wrote:
<quoted text>
I watched the whole charade and I witnessed people trying to save his reputation. A man who sleeps the day away in his office, does nothing for years to help students achieve, ran an out of control building, and the board was trying to get kids an education while not destroying the Malone legacy of smiles and cheer. It appears to me they were being very very generous. My confidence is with them now not the Malone kool-aid drinking supporters. Now they have to be feeling dooped.
I watched the whole thing also. You have been misled if you think Malone slept on the job.

Regardless, I see what you're saying: KOHLS, PETRONI AND RIGANO ARE LIARS. Glad we cleared that up, not that it was at all nebulous. The community has known for quite some time that such is the case, which is why their followers, Bitner and Vaughn, lost overwhelmingly.

Even if you erroneously believe that Malone was not a good principal, he is a GOOD MAN, and I'll take that any day over the malevolent trio from Hell in Kohls, Petroni, and Rigano.

In less than 2 months, a collective sigh of relief will be heard as Kohls leaves!
Reality Bytes

Springfield, OH

#29477 Nov 25, 2013
Glass Houses wrote:
<quoted text>
I watched the whole thing also. You have been misled if you think Malone slept on the job.
Regardless, I see what you're saying: KOHLS, PETRONI AND RIGANO ARE LIARS. Glad we cleared that up, not that it was at all nebulous. The community has known for quite some time that such is the case, which is why their followers, Bitner and Vaughn, lost overwhelmingly.
Even if you erroneously believe that Malone was not a good principal, he is a GOOD MAN, and I'll take that any day over the malevolent trio from Hell in Kohls, Petroni, and Rigano.
In less than 2 months, a collective sigh of relief will be heard as Kohls leaves!
This just proves hell hath no fury like an insanely popular has been a principal VOTED number Two in his own popularity
contest, which he had been campaigning for since March 2012!

btw - there IS proof that Malone slept on the job.

There IS Proof that Malone is a liar.

There is NO PROOF that Malone is a good man.

There is PROOF that Malone was NOT a good principal.

There is NO proof that Kohls, Rigano nor Petroni are liars.

There is proof of GOOD WORKS done for our schools and community by our current board members, including Kohls, Rigano, and Petroni.
Come Grow With Us

Springfield, OH

#29478 Nov 26, 2013
...In the direction of common sense

For too long, the Spingboro district appeared to work very well, but it lacked clear direction. With no plan for textbooks, technology, capital improvements, buses and more, there was no larger course charted for our schools. There was no
common sense.

Educate Springboro's common sense approach does not strip the district of its traditions or diversity. It does not ignore its accomplishments and honors, including "Excellent with Distrinction." It simply gives us a unifying direction that extends beyond any individual building or year.
Come Grow With Us

Springfield, OH

#29479 Nov 26, 2013
...in the direction of fair

A year ago, our district faced a sort of "perfect storm" with needs for everything from buses and books to technology and staffing coming to the surface at the same time. Through good management and some good fortune, our once rudderless ship emerged from that storm with clear leadership and direction. Clearly there are still challenges, but we are moving in the direction of putting
Children First.
Come Grow With Us

Springfield, OH

#29480 Nov 26, 2013
..in the direction of unity

Even after plans to invest millions in technology, curriculum, buildings and buses, and even after providing every employee with raises, we are financially prepared to give something back to the taxpayer -- to give back to our community by reducing their tax burden, with Renewal Levy that saves taxpayers $6.5 million.
Come Grow With Us

Springfield, OH

#29481 Nov 26, 2013
...in he diretion of sustainability

We are meeting and exceeding state mandates as well as local expectations. We are building a technology backbone, investing in computers, curriculum, buses and buildings -- we are putting children first.

Most important, we are being honest about what is needed through 2017.

This is reform at the local level, and this is working together toward sustainability.
Come Grow With Us

Springfield, OH

#29482 Nov 26, 2013
...in the direction of opportunity

When we combine common sense with the strong performance of our schools, we provide opportunities for everyone--our students, teachers, families and our community.

From the districts aging computers, buses and buildings to new Common Core curriculum and rising expectations with new standards, testing, evaluation systems, the status quo is not equipped to meet the challenges that our school district faces.

Educate Springboro reaches past the status quo.
As we examine district operations and use achievement data, we are creating opportunity, directing more resources to students and more tools to teachers.
Come Grow With Us

Springfield, OH

#29483 Nov 26, 2013
...in the direction of excellence

As the status quo placed awards on the school walls, many assumed that all was well inside those walls. But the awards only measure the past, and the standards are changing.

Our schools perform well by the minimum state standards, but "Proficient" no matter how you slice it, is FAILING.

For example, the PROFICIENT standard for the
8th grade math Ohio Achievement Assessment
(OAA) ranges from 35%- 59%.

PROFICIENT is NOT enough.

The status quo has not been enough. The time is now to bring forward new ways of evaluating our children that no longer rely upon grading on a curve to obtain the desired results. Tougher,
realistic standards upset the status quo, but inflated standards rob our children of true
achievement and potential.
Come Grow With Us

Springfield, OH

#29484 Nov 26, 2013
...in the direction of leadership

If tere is a sense of turbulence in our community,
it has been manufactured by those who oppose change, wish to suffocate debatesth would lose,and rturnto the days of endless levies, punitive actions against our citizens and never ending
financial emergencies within the district.

We've built a financal foundation on the principle
of fiscal responsibility. We'll continue to make changes that make sense; for example, eliminating underutilized courses to fill needs in other areas. We won't continue relationships with service providers that don't provide the best value just because working with them has been past practice.

We'll demand integrity from everyone we work with from boosters to vendors, from students to adminstrators.

Common sense, ethics and sound financial decisions
guide Educate Springboro. The fear of change will not chase our comunty back into the drness of peiously filedpraices. Let's stay on this new course and movein the direction of leadersip orourchidren, shools and community.
Come Grow With Us

Springfield, OH

#29485 Nov 26, 2013
.... in the direction of Leadership

Common sense, ethics and sound financial decisions guide Educate Springboro. The fear of change will not chase our community back into the darkness of previously failed practices.

Let's stay on this new course and move in the direction of leadership for our children, our schools, and our community.

Springboro families and taxpaying homeowners
offer Congratulations to our new school board members-elect, Mr. Anderson, Mr. Malone, and Mr. Stuckey. Welcome Aboard!

Come Grow with Us....putting our Students First
while maintaining fiscal integrity!
Come Grow With Us

Springfield, OH

#29486 Nov 26, 2013
...in the direction of confidence

As Educate Springboro sought to add its voice to our district's board of education, we campaigned for the confidence for all stakeholders --

the newly married couple in a starter home and farmer in Clearcreek Township; the parents who would sacrifice to give everything for their child and the grandparents who watched their savings evaporate in the stock market; the employed and the unemployed; the alumni and the new resident, and so many others.

With an innovative administration and outstanding central office staff, we are employing efficiency plans. These plans are allowing us to reallocate resources and meet district needs, including an unprecedented investment in technology and curriculum to create a 21st century learning environment for students. For the first time in years, we have clear direction. Where trust has been eroded, we are rebuilding.
Come Grow With Us

Springfield, OH

#29487 Nov 26, 2013
...in the direction of trust

As we seek to build confidence in our schools for everyone, others seek to build mistrust. From the outside, we've been labeled controversial.

Zero-based budgets and efficiency plans are not controversial.

Updated technology and curriculum are not controversial.

Buses that run and roofs that don't leak are not controversial.

Putting children first is reasonable, not controversial.

Where the integrity was not maintained from within, it is our right and our duty to rebuild it together. We will continue to work in the direction of confidence to restore integrity and
trust in our schools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr New york 20,648
Why will we still vote for Trump? 13 hr repubsnow 4
Do you have to pound and peck on the keys? Thu The Old Cold Warrior 3
Leon is the hack checker Thu Fan of Leon The Man 2
New film in Dayton Thu Fan of Leon The Man 4
oink oink Thu Vote Trump 4
"Protesters perform and pester" Thu Leon Harrison 1

Xenia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Xenia Mortgages