Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,274

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
No debate means No choice

Xenia, OH

#28914 Nov 7, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would care to debate the points that I put forth and demonstrate for the audience the error of my ways, that may help the average citizen to understand your positions obvious superiority.
The floor is yours.
Let the debate begin so we may make the choice.
First, the choice was made (did you not see the election results).

Second, it seems as if others have beat me to the punch.

Third, it seems as if the average citizen (at least those who voted) tended not to agree with your signs and mailers as neither B or V received enough votes to win even third place. Rather, they were outpolled 2 to 1. But yes 400 of the 2300 people who voted for B/V also voted for Anderson. So I guess you'll claim that as a victory (17%- half as PROFICIENT as you stated M as being.)
Right Choice

Xenia, OH

#28915 Nov 7, 2013
Nice to know the people of Springboro made the right choice. Tonights agenda shows obvious flaws in the current BOE majority's judgement.

On tonights agenda the board will vote to approve a contract with MLA Management Systems, Inc.

Why AFTER they have approved a budget would they bring in an outside group?

Are they unsure of their Children's First Budgeting?

If they knew what they were doing, one would think an outside consultant wouldn't be needed AFTER the budget had been approved and a new levy passed.

ES stated the accomplishment's of the current BOE as:
"We have achieved a balanced, children-first budget
We have lowered fees
We have implemented efficiency plans that direct
savings back into our schools
We have hired additional teachers and aides"

One would think these decisions would be been made AFTER an outside audit was performed. Instead, possibly unsure of their own competnace after B/V lost the election, they are going forward with this contract.

Seems as though the current board is in need of a "self audit".
Taxpaying Citizen

Springboro, OH

#28916 Nov 7, 2013
Right Choice wrote:
Nice to know the people of Springboro made the right choice. Tonights agenda shows obvious flaws in the current BOE majority's judgement.
On tonights agenda the board will vote to approve a contract with MLA Management Systems, Inc.
Why AFTER they have approved a budget would they bring in an outside group?
Are they unsure of their Children's First Budgeting?
If they knew what they were doing, one would think an outside consultant wouldn't be needed AFTER the budget had been approved and a new levy passed.
ES stated the accomplishment's of the current BOE as:
"We have achieved a balanced, children-first budget
We have lowered fees
We have implemented efficiency plans that direct
savings back into our schools
We have hired additional teachers and aides"
One would think these decisions would be been made AFTER an outside audit was performed. Instead, possibly unsure of their own competnace after B/V lost the election, they are going forward with this contract.
Seems as though the current board is in need of a "self audit".
I strongly disagree that "the current board is in need of a "self-audit."

As a taxpaying citizen (and no financial expert) I believe that the MLA contract for the audit that was presented to the public at last board meeting work session, is definitely needed (and this MLA contract has no connection whatsoever with the recent school board campaign).

As a taxpaying citizen (and no interest at all in running for elected office) I believe it is my responsibility to question everything about our school tax dollars investment in our children's education; and I believe for a long time there has been no "internal audit" of our school district treasurer's
accountability to be open and transparent with our community of Springboro Taxpayers and our current board.

We should all prepare for the pre-arranged resistance to every good leadership agenda that our current board proposes, just the same old malone status quo business as usual.
Boro Future Bright

Springboro, OH

#28917 Nov 7, 2013
No debate means No choice wrote:
<quoted text>
First, the choice was made (did you not see the election results).
Second, it seems as if others have beat me to the punch.
Third, it seems as if the average citizen (at least those who voted) tended not to agree with your signs and mailers as neither B or V received enough votes to win even third place. Rather, they were outpolled 2 to 1. But yes 400 of the 2300 people who voted for B/V also voted for Anderson. So I guess you'll claim that as a victory (17%- half as PROFICIENT as you stated M as being.)
I hope you are as tired of the controversy surrounding the school board as I am. The controversy has been exaggerated by MSAís supporters to gain advantage and influence this election against the incumbent board members. The best way to move beyond the controversy is to not perpetuate it by electing one side then the next repeatedly. Bitner and Vaughn are independent thinkers without allegiance to any faction. Letís end the controversy by electing them.

I hope that No debate No choice will remember that all the people who chose to do so, had opportunity to voice their beliefs about the real issues of this campaign:

Children First Budgeting Beliefs VS Educators First Budgeting Beliefs and which one of these philosophies would govern our
Students First 21st Century Quality Classroom Education.

The way I see it, the majority of voters (6087) proved TRUST
in our Children's First Budgeting CURRENT board members by electing Charles Anderson as first place winner; therefore rendering the two recently retired educators, Ron Malone and David Stuckey, the minority Educators First board representatives.

The way I see it, the Malone/Stuckey campaign was conducted as a Vote for Revenge Insane Popularity contest of Symbolism
VS the Fiscal Responsible Bitner/Vaughn campaign of Substance.

Malone/Stuckey obviously campaigned "we just want to go back to school and have fun" and unfortunately there are lots of shallow
voters out there that just want to "pay the educators" what ever it takes for their students FIRST to just have fun; and with no worries over the challenges of delivering the highest level of education by raising the bar well past "malone's good old days of status quo."

Now that the November 2013 school board election is PAST...

Let's Look At Today and the Future!

With the approval of the renewal levy, we are now moving ahead in the direction of sustainability...

Children's First Budgeting Works and our school district is not going to need new money for a very long time, even though elections come and go... and that's something WE can all
bank on for the future!
Right Choice

Xenia, OH

#28918 Nov 7, 2013
Taxpaying Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I strongly disagree that "the current board is in need of a "self-audit."
As a taxpaying citizen (and no financial expert) I believe that the MLA contract for the audit that was presented to the public at last board meeting work session, is definitely needed (and this MLA contract has no connection whatsoever with the recent school board campaign).
As a taxpaying citizen (and no interest at all in running for elected office) I believe it is my responsibility to question everything about our school tax dollars investment in our children's education; and I believe for a long time there has been no "internal audit" of our school district treasurer's
accountability to be open and transparent with our community of Springboro Taxpayers and our current board.
We should all prepare for the pre-arranged resistance to every good leadership agenda that our current board proposes, just the same old malone status quo business as usual.
So you agree that the board needs to be audit.

Do you not belive in the Children's First Budget?

Wouldn't this type of thing been better served BEFORE approving a 5 year budget?

What if they find that we sould have put the levy up for the full amount instead of a reduced amount?

I just wish the BOE would have been more sure about their decision before approving the budget rather than be second guessed by an outside vendor at the cost of $8,000 -$9,000 taxpayer dollars.

Seems like this should have happened BEFORE the budget was passed when something could have been done about it. Just seems like a waste of the taxpayer's money at this point.
certainly worth repeating

Springboro, OH

#28919 Nov 7, 2013
popularly insane wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday on E. Mill St, in full view of a number of voters entering and exiting the polls, our high school principal of 13 years severely diminished his image by blowing off a very genuine introduction attempt by Vaughn. Obviously, our former high school principal harbours a certain amount of anger and spite that he works to keep undercover. This explains why some teachers act very professionally and responsibly while they're in the classrooms only to melt down into creatures of spite in the boardroom. Apples tend to not to roll very far from the tree, y'know.
Tuesday, Election Day, 125 E. Mill St, in full view of a number of voters entering and exiting the polls, our high school principal of 13 years severely diminished his image by blowing off a very genuine introduction attempt by Vaughn. Obviously, our former high school principal harbours a certain amount of anger and spite that he works to keep undercover. This explains why some teachers act very professionally and responsibly while they're in the classrooms only to melt down into creatures of spite in the boardroom. Apples tend to not to roll very far from the tree, y'know

Xenia, OH

#28920 Nov 7, 2013
Boro Future Bright wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are as tired of the controversy surrounding the school board as I am. The controversy has been exaggerated by MSAís supporters to gain advantage and influence this election against the incumbent board members. The best way to move beyond the controversy is to not perpetuate it by electing one side then the next repeatedly. Bitner and Vaughn are independent thinkers without allegiance to any faction. Letís end the controversy by electing them.
I hope that No debate No choice will remember that all the people who chose to do so, had opportunity to voice their beliefs about the real issues of this campaign:
Children First Budgeting Beliefs VS Educators First Budgeting Beliefs and which one of these philosophies would govern our
Students First 21st Century Quality Classroom Education.
The way I see it, the majority of voters (6087) proved TRUST
in our Children's First Budgeting CURRENT board members by electing Charles Anderson as first place winner; therefore rendering the two recently retired educators, Ron Malone and David Stuckey, the minority Educators First board representatives.
The way I see it, the Malone/Stuckey campaign was conducted as a Vote for Revenge Insane Popularity contest of Symbolism
VS the Fiscal Responsible Bitner/Vaughn campaign of Substance.
Malone/Stuckey obviously campaigned "we just want to go back to school and have fun" and unfortunately there are lots of shallow
voters out there that just want to "pay the educators" what ever it takes for their students FIRST to just have fun; and with no worries over the challenges of delivering the highest level of education by raising the bar well past "malone's good old days of status quo."
Now that the November 2013 school board election is PAST...
Let's Look At Today and the Future!
With the approval of the renewal levy, we are now moving ahead in the direction of sustainability...
Children's First Budgeting Works and our school district is not going to need new money for a very long time, even though elections come and go... and that's something WE can all
bank on for the future!
Please provide where Mr. Anderson supports Children's First Budgeting. He ran with Malone/Stuckey. Their campain was one in the same. He publicly denounced any ties to the B/V campain.

"This, once again, demonstrates that the Bitner/Vaughn Campaign and
Educate Springboro do not follow campaign laws nor do they have ethics.
Mr. Anderson strongly denounces this and has requested that the signs be taken down as he did NOT authorize this in any shape or form.
Furthermore, Mr. Anderson is NOT endorsing the Bitner/Vaughn ticket." - www.msa4springboro.com

And now after the comments by our BOE president in today's paper, the divide may be even greater.

"The current board president, Kelly Kohls, said Rigano and Petroni will work with the new members, provided they continue the current boardís conservative approach to running the district." - Dayton Daily News

The word conservative is nowhere on the MSA site, nor does it appear on their signs. The word conservative was on the B/V signs. B/V lost 2 to 1. What does that tell you? If the public wanted the board to be run in a conservative direction wouldn't B or V have made the top 3?

Also, I find it strange that our BOE President would speak for R/P. Once MSA joins the board she no longer has any more say in the matter than any other citizen.

You must be dizzy from all the spinning.

Xenia, OH

#28921 Nov 7, 2013
certainly worth repeating wrote:
<quoted text>
Tuesday, Election Day, 125 E. Mill St, in full view of a number of voters entering and exiting the polls, our high school principal of 13 years severely diminished his image by blowing off a very genuine introduction attempt by Vaughn. Obviously, our former high school principal harbours a certain amount of anger and spite that he works to keep undercover. This explains why some teachers act very professionally and responsibly while they're in the classrooms only to melt down into creatures of spite in the boardroom. Apples tend to not to roll very far from the tree, y'know
And B/V refused to show up at a debate (or two)...what's your point?
Celebrate Your Success

Springboro, OH

#28922 Nov 7, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would care to debate the points that I put forth and demonstrate for the audience the error of my ways, that may help the average citizen to understand your positions obvious superiority.
The floor is yours.
Let the debate begin so we may make the choice.
FIRST CHOICE -- Read My Lips -- Put a Sock in it!

Wave the white flag, Doug.

You single-handedly fought the Public Record of Ron Malone's
insane popularity and now Public Record proves that YOU won!

Mr. Anderson is Number One!

We average citizens can understand that the two retired
"Educators First" newly elected board representatives are now in the MINORITY of the FIVE OLD MEN now elected.

Why do you and your opponnents still think that we "average citizens" don't understand your "superiority?"

It's a NEW BEGINNING for our school district that demands a
NEW ATTITUDE!

Now that Children First is victorious over Educators First in the board room, what can average citizens do to change the angry and hostile tone of the OEA war of "false-superiority" over Springboro Taxpayers in this school district?
Did You Know

Springboro, OH

#28923 Nov 7, 2013
certainly worth repeating wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just at 125 E. Mill St, but at polling places all over town
proof is confirmed of the MSA team of supporters behaving badly!
...at one polling place, in full view of a number of voters entering and exiting the polls, MSA supporters were seen rudely
approaching our Students First supporters, shouting hostile and angry words, such as "If B/V win, I'm moving."

This is an example of the strange cult-like influence on others possessed by the insanely popular, Ron Malone, who "has been a SHS principal for the PAST 13 years."

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#28924 Nov 7, 2013
well the road signs are up larry budd statesin todays DDN that boros schools are now fully funed for 5 years along with pbama cares no health plan drops promise we should find the time to impress imoo
Straight to the Point

Springboro, OH

#28925 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
What is your dull minded point in continuing to mindlessly repeat of your status quo complaint during the school board campaign that is now in the past?

Exactly WHAT point is yours, other than sounding like a fanatic who can't change the past and won't change the subject?
Taxaying Citizen

Springboro, OH

#28926 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Please provide where Mr. Anderson supports Children's First Budgeting. He ran with Malone/Stuckey. Their campain was one in the same. He publicly denounced any ties to the B/V campain.
Mr. Anderson strongly denounces this and has requested that the signs be taken down as he did NOT authorize this in any shape or form.
Furthermore, Mr. Anderson is NOT endorsing the Bitner/Vaughn ticket." - www.msa4springboro.com
And now after the comments by our BOE president in today's paper, the divide may be even greater.
"The current board president, Kelly Kohls, said Rigano and Petroni will work with the new members, provided they continue the current boardís conservative approach to running the district." - Dayton Daily News
The word conservative is nowhere on the MSA site, nor does it appear on their signs. The word conservative was on the B/V signs. B/V lost 2 to 1. What does that tell you? If the public wanted the board to be run in a conservative direction wouldn't B or V have made the top 3?
Also, I find it strange that our BOE President would speak for R/P. Once MSA joins the board she no longer has any more say in the matter than any other citizen.
WE BELIEVE over taxation of the taxpayers is wrong!

WE BELIEVE in supporting the amount of necessary taxation required to do the job correctly.

WE BELIEVE that excess tax money in any government body tends to inspire creative ways to spend that money.

WE BELIEVE transparency, from budgeting to policy formulation to meetings, leads to good governance in all levels of government.

WE BELIEVE that Springboro Schools Board of Education newly elected officials, Mr. Anderson, Mr Malone, and Mr. Stuckey,
can no longer nit pick words on a campaign sign, nor words on a website, nor can Mr. Malone no longer keep his poor performance job reviews hidden from his constituents "inquiring minds."

WE BELIEVE that Taxpaying Citizens ACTIONS of Voting NO NEW TAXES FIVE TIMES speaks louder for Fiscal Conservative Mindset than the "conservative" word being omitted on the MSA website.

WE BELIEVE that leveraging school fees, services, personnel decisons, safety, orinfrastructure maintenance to threaten famiies in order to influence regular r levy eletions is wrong.

WE BELIEVE CHILDREN'S FIRST BUDGETING WORKS FOR OUR STUDENTS,
QUALITY CLASSROOM TEACHERS, ALL SCHOOL EMPLOYEES and COMMUNITY
TAXPAYERS!

Xenia, OH

#28927 Nov 7, 2013
Taxaying Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
WE BELIEVE in supporting the amount of necessary taxation required to do the job correctly.
WE BELIEVE that excess tax money in any government body tends to inspire creative ways to spend that money.
WE BELIEVE transparency, from budgeting to policy formulation to meetings, leads to good governance in all levels of government.
WE BELIEVE that Springboro Schools Board of Education newly elected officials, Mr. Anderson, Mr Malone, and Mr. Stuckey,
can no longer nit pick words on a campaign sign, nor words on a website, nor can Mr. Malone no longer keep his poor performance job reviews hidden from his constituents "inquiring minds."
WE BELIEVE that Taxpaying Citizens ACTIONS of Voting NO NEW TAXES FIVE TIMES speaks louder for Fiscal Conservative Mindset than the "conservative" word being omitted on the MSA website.
WE BELIEVE that leveraging school fees, services, personnel decisons, safety, orinfrastructure maintenance to threaten famiies in order to influence regular r levy eletions is wrong.
TAXPAYERS!
I didn't see an answer to the question.

Xenia, OH

#28928 Nov 7, 2013
Celebrate Your Success wrote:
<quoted text>
FIRST CHOICE -- Read My Lips -- Put a Sock in it!
Wave the white flag, Doug.
You single-handedly fought the Public Record of Ron Malone's
insane popularity and now Public Record proves that YOU won!
Mr. Anderson is Number One!
We average citizens can understand that the two retired
"Educators First" newly elected board representatives are now in the MINORITY of the FIVE OLD MEN now elected.
Why do you and your opponnents still think that we "average citizens" don't understand your "superiority?"
It's a NEW BEGINNING for our school district that demands a
NEW ATTITUDE!
Now that Children First is victorious over Educators First in the board room, what can average citizens do to change the angry and hostile tone of the OEA war of "false-superiority" over Springboro Taxpayers in this school district?
SPIN,SPIN,SPIN. Bill would be proud.

Anderson is with Malone and Stuckey.

Xenia, OH

#28929 Nov 7, 2013
Straight to the Point wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your dull minded point in continuing to mindlessly repeat of your status quo complaint during the school board campaign that is now in the past?
Exactly WHAT point is yours, other than sounding like a fanatic who can't change the past and won't change the subject?
This was in response to a poster who was "mindlessly repeating" their point. No hostility toward them?

PARTISAN
Flag Waving

Xenia, OH

#28930 Nov 7, 2013
Did You Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just at 125 E. Mill St, but at polling places all over town
proof is confirmed of the MSA team of supporters behaving badly!
...at one polling place, in full view of a number of voters entering and exiting the polls, MSA supporters were seen rudely
approaching our Students First supporters, shouting hostile and angry words, such as "If B/V win, I'm moving."
This is an example of the strange cult-like influence on others possessed by the insanely popular, Ron Malone, who "has been a SHS principal for the PAST 13 years."
So someone states slurs and waves a flag in a BOE meeting and it's freedom of speech and ok behavior. But if you do it against "student first" supporters the first amendment is out the door?

Guess they should have been waving a confederate flag when they said what they did, maybe it would have been acceptable then.

Xenia, OH

#28931 Nov 7, 2013
Taxaying Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
TAXPAYERS!
DO YOU BELIEVE THAT B/V WON?

I believe the actions taken by electing in MSA in a LANDSLIDE speaks volumes toward what direction the voters want to take.
Boro Parent

Springboro, OH

#28932 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Bitner and Vaughn were absolutely correct in that they had no business in attending any debate sponsored by the SEA. Our household has children in Springboro's schools and we have witnessed years upon years of manipulation on the part of the teachers union. I pity the blind befuddled parents of district students who supported Malone and Anderson especially. Congratulations! You have just been U-S-E-D!! Be sure you don't forget to give your kids great big union-indoctrinating hugs and kisses before they turn in tonight!
Straight to the Point

Springboro, OH

#28933 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
You Are Wrong but I don't find it strange that you are wrong; it's just more of the same old malone status quo, that is all
too familiar.

It's time to forget the MSA campaign; AND the distortion of the campaign flyer that pledges "promoting solidarity" and to "build internal school district unity." The role of the elected BOE
elected official is to consider BOTH the NEEDS of the school district AND the needs of the constituents.

Don't be deceived into thinking that the two retired Educators,
Mr. Malone and Mr. Stuckey, have the board room power to re-define the role of the BOE elected official to SERVE ONLY the WANTS of the SEA president, Scott Maney.

The Educators Representing Educators newly elected minority are among our FIVE elected officials, and the THREESOME OF MSA CAMPAIGN each have ONE voice in the board room; and that one voice is accountable to the community as a whole; not accountable to only the Wants of the union teachers in our children's classrooms.

It is possible that Sarah Jobe has severely misled Mr. Malone and Mr. Stuckey in the direction of "union solidarity" in the public business of the Board of Education; but it is also possible that community taxpayers may voice a loud "wake-up" call once our insanely popular retired educator gets into the board room.

The MSA Threesome campaign supporters need to understand that
Mr. Anderson is NOT a retired educator (as Mr.Malone and Mr.Stuckey)and he now stands alone as ONE of the Three elected officials who is NOT an Educators FIRST board representative.

Mr. Anderson's service AND loyalty as an elected official NOW
belongs to ALL Springboro Families and Taxpaying homeowners in the school district; and there is NO OBLIGATION of LOYALTY Or SPECIAL SERVICE to the TWO Educators First board representatives, Mr. Malone and Mr. Stuckey.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Riverside Police (Sep '11) 16 min jeremybrooks38 21
ING is now Yoya, a brand-new investment and ret... 54 min masterofconcretep... 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr WARRIOR 19,217
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Pops 31,058
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 hr Vic 231
This is your lucky Monday! 6 hr Library Lover 6
Andy's Dean's "America Now" cancelled! 6 hr Library Lover 40
•••
•••
•••

Xenia Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Xenia People Search