Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,555

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
Just Swinging by

Springboro, OH

#28894 Nov 6, 2013
Time to move on wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Direction of Moving On...
What does yesterday's school board election result represent? It represents the final culmination of a 13 year popularity contest with Ron Malone obviously being the true victor. Educate Springboro's endorsement / signage is obviously the reason Anderson garnered the highest number of votes, NOT Weideman's private endorsement of Anderson.
MOVE ON!
You go on ahead in your own direction... while I just go
swinging by in the direction of my choice; probably two
different paths, so don't bother trying to push me ahead in
your direction...

To answer your question: yesterday's school board election represents four more years in the board room with Malone's
status quo controversy that has been so exaggerated by MSA’s supporters, to gain advantage and influence this election,
against the incumbent board members.
Heart Burn

United States

#28895 Nov 6, 2013
So glad I voted MSA wrote:
...The only people listening to all of you is, well, you.

....The new board will listen to you as it should...

...No one is listening to you!
You can't make up mind can ya?

First ya say no one is listening to us but us. Yet you do seem to know a lot of what is being said. Does that make you a poor listener, but still a listener?

Then you say the BOE will listen.

But then turn around and again say no one is listening.

I'm so confused. lol
Well Duh

Springboro, OH

#28896 Nov 6, 2013
This small and small-minded little group can continue to blow each other while the rest of us move forward. Go ahead and stay in your tiny little world in which you think you're right and everyone else is wrong. The only people listening to all of you is, well, you. I voted for MSA, but I was not an active supporter. It is the nonsense of the current board majority and the idiocy of the likes of people on this page that forced me to vote for MSA. I'm glad I did. YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE. The new board will listen to you as it should, but you can no longer bully this community! Move to Texas so you can secede. Go ahead and judge this as "nuts", "clueless", or whatever because guess what? No one is listening to you!
Well Duh, somebody's listening, and Well, Guess that would be YOU, too bad your listening FORCED you to vote for MSA -- do you have no control over your own "collective Threesome thinking?"
partisan

Dayton, OH

#28897 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, she OWNED you!
You are truly an idiot !
So glad I voted MSA

Dayton, OH

#28898 Nov 6, 2013
Heart Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't make up mind can ya?
First ya say no one is listening to us but us. Yet you do seem to know a lot of what is being said. Does that make you a poor listener, but still a listener?
Then you say the BOE will listen.
But then turn around and again say no one is listening.
I'm so confused. lol
Ok, ya got me. CORRECTION: The board will let you speak, but NO ONE ONE IS LISTENING TO YOU ANY MORE!
So glad I voted MSA

Dayton, OH

#28899 Nov 6, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Duh, somebody's listening, and Well, Guess that would be YOU, too bad your listening FORCED you to vote for MSA -- do you have no control over your own "collective Threesome thinking?"
Ummm... Kind of like the collective Threesome thinking on our current laughing stock of a board?

And you're right - forced is not the right word. I voted for them willingly and happily.

Too bad you idiots have to resort to nitpicking to find something to argue about.
So glad I voted MSA

Dayton, OH

#28900 Nov 6, 2013
partisan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are truly an idiot !
I should feel right at home on this board then, shouldn't i?
partisan

Dayton, OH

#28901 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Ummm... Kind of like the collective Threesome thinking on our current laughing stock of a board?
And you're right - forced is not the right word. I voted for them willingly and happily.
Too bad you idiots have to resort to nitpicking to find something to argue about.
Seems like you are doing a good job of that on your own. Take a Xanax.
Oh My

Springboro, OH

#28902 Nov 6, 2013
This small and small-minded little group can continue to blow each other while the rest of us move forward. Go ahead and stay in your tiny little world in which you think you're right and everyone else is wrong. The only people listening to all of you is, well, you. I voted for MSA, but I was not an active supporter. It is the nonsense of the current board majority and the idiocy of the likes of people on this page that forced me to vote for MSA. I'm glad I did. YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE. The new board will listen to you as it should, but you can no longer bully this community! Move to Texas so you can secede. Go ahead and judge this as "nuts", "clueless", or whatever because guess what? No one is listening to you!
Extremists, radicals, fanatics! Sounds like a scary Halloween tale. Add in the words “tea party” and that’s supposed to make it a true horror story. Unfortunately, this is where some in our community have taken the dialog surrounding our school board and the upcoming election. It’s time for Toto to pull back the curtain and for us to elevate the conversation.

For the record, I do believe in limited government, fiscal responsibility, and free markets. I also believe that a free society requires virtuous people and that children need to learn these concepts. How confusing it must be for them to watch the behavior of adults and the tenor of the debate around our schools.

What has the school board done to invite this wrath? We are trying to change things in a few areas and the system would rather not change. Just like in Washington, opponents to change assign their targets what they believe are derogatory labels - "tea party", "extremist", "fanatic". However, if you were to ask what has been done that is "fanatical", you’ll get nothing more than generalities that have little basis in fact and are distorted to sound extreme.

If you asked me about the school board’s record over the last two years I would tell you about holding people accountable, uncovering embezzlement that had gone on for years, raising academic standards, increasing ACT scores, advocating for kids to take classes for college credit, restoring salary increases, controlling runaway medical insurance costs, balancing the budget (and giving the excess back), providing services for gifted students, reducing pay-to-play fees and increasing student participation, upgrading technology for online learning, instituting bring your own technology, reinstating high school busing, reinstating textbook purchases, reinstating a building maintenance program, and correcting numerous other deficiencies from years of administrative neglect.

You might recognize these things are good and are already implemented in other districts and ask why has it taken so long to address them in Springboro? I don’t know, but compared to the lethargic past, this has been a pretty “radical” two years. And to do all this while lowering taxes you would have to conclude these two years have been “fanatically” amazing and “extremely” successful.

At this point you might ask what this has to do with the upcoming school board election. This election will set a direction, backward or forward. The supporters of Malone and Stuckey tell you the current board is too “extreme”. Compared to the stagnation they are accustomed to, that is understandable. The other candidates are David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn. They are parents with young children enrolled in the district who are motivated to encourage our schools to continue to innovate, to offer more opportunities, and to keep children the board’s first priority.

On November 5th, we will make a decision. Will we choose based on the record, or the labels?
Symbolism vs Substance

Springboro, OH

#28903 Nov 6, 2013
Extremists, radicals, fanatics! Sounds like a scary Halloween tale. Add in the words “tea party” and that’s supposed to make it a true horror story. Unfortunately, this is where some in our community have taken the dialog surrounding our school board and the upcoming election. It’s time for Toto to pull back the curtain and for us to elevate the conversation.

For the record, I do believe in limited government, fiscal responsibility, and free markets. I also believe that a free society requires virtuous people and that children need to learn these concepts. How confusing it must be for them to watch the behavior of adults and the tenor of the debate around our schools.

What has the school board done to invite this wrath? We are trying to change things in a few areas and the system would rather not change. Just like in Washington, opponents to change assign their targets what they believe are derogatory labels - "tea party", "extremist", "fanatic". However, if you were to ask what has been done that is "fanatical", you’ll get nothing more than generalities that have little basis in fact and are distorted to sound extreme.

If you asked me about the school board’s record over the last two years I would tell you about holding people accountable, uncovering embezzlement that had gone on for years, raising academic standards, increasing ACT scores, advocating for kids to take classes for college credit, restoring salary increases, controlling runaway medical insurance costs, balancing the budget (and giving the excess back), providing services for gifted students, reducing pay-to-play fees and increasing student participation, upgrading technology for online learning, instituting bring your own technology, reinstating high school busing, reinstating textbook purchases, reinstating a building maintenance program, and correcting numerous other deficiencies from years of administrative neglect.

You might recognize these things are good and are already implemented in other districts and ask why has it taken so long to address them in Springboro? I don’t know, but compared to the lethargic past, this has been a pretty “radical” two years. And to do all this while lowering taxes you would have to conclude these two years have been “fanatically” amazing and “extremely” successful.

At this point you might ask what this has to do with the upcoming school board election. This election will set a direction, backward or forward. The supporters of Malone and Stuckey tell you the current board is too “extreme”. Compared to the stagnation they are accustomed to, that is understandable. The other candidates are David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn. They are parents with young children enrolled in the district who are motivated to encourage our schools to continue to innovate, to offer more opportunities, and to keep children the board’s first priority.

On November 5th, we will make a decision. Will we choose based on the record, or the labels?
Well Duh

Springboro, OH

#28905 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text>
No argument here -- You're right... It is too bad that you MSA idiots have to resort to nitpicking SIGNS to find something
to draw attention to yourselves in the news again.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#28906 Nov 6, 2013
Inquiring Minds wrote:
<quoted text>

Your voice is heard; your opinions falsely accusing Kelly Kohls on this topix are heard; your degrading insults to anyone who dares to differ with your opinions are heard; just wondering why you think that your opinion is of such self-importance that you need to pay thousands of dollars to get others to consider your opinions?
Kelly, darling, while I protested against unfair personal attacks against you just as I did against Ms. Babb, there was nothing else that I wrote about you that was not factual in nature.

If you feel the need to debate those points please feel free to do so.

Other wise, have a nice day.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#28907 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Ok, ya got me. CORRECTION: The board will let you speak, but NO ONE ONE IS LISTENING TO YOU ANY MORE!
Maybe, maybe not.

We will have to wait and see what transpires.
Names

Springboro, OH

#28908 Nov 6, 2013
Give us five names that listen to you, Doug?
No debate means No choice

Maineville, OH

#28909 Nov 6, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
No argument here -- You're right... It is too bad that you MSA idiots have to resort to nitpicking SIGNS to find something
to draw attention to yourselves in the news again.
Hate to break it to you but the nitpicking and the news had nothing to do with the MSA victory. Maybe if it would have been closer but it was a LANDSLIDE. This race was over when MSA put their hat in the ring (maybe that's why some chose not to run).

Must be alot of MSA idiots (at least twice as many as BV idiots).

LOL
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#28910 Nov 6, 2013
No debate means No choice wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to break it to you but the nitpicking and the news had nothing to do with the MSA victory. Maybe if it would have been closer but it was a LANDSLIDE. This race was over when MSA put their hat in the ring (maybe that's why some chose not to run).
Must be alot of MSA idiots (at least twice as many as BV idiots).
LOL
If you would care to debate the points that I put forth and demonstrate for the audience the error of my ways, that may help the average citizen to understand your positions obvious superiority.

The floor is yours.

Let the debate begin so we may make the choice.
So glad I voted MSA

Dayton, OH

#28911 Nov 7, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would care to debate the points that I put forth and demonstrate for the audience the error of my ways, that may help the average citizen to understand your positions obvious superiority.
The floor is yours.
What's to debate? The choice was already made and resulted in a loss for you and your dwindling cronies.
You Betcha

Springboro, OH

#28912 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
What's to debate? The choice was already made and resulted in a loss for you and your dwindling cronies.
Gotta agree! Truth be told ....

Paid for by private citizen, Doug Weideman,
cast a dark shawdow over our fresh BORO FUTURE BRIGHT,
Parents Representing Parents, school board candidates,
Mr. David Bitner AND Mr. Kolton Vaughn, and in my own
opinion, used his own big bucks to rekindle Ron Malone's
Vote for Revenge 2012 Protest Rally against the good
leadership of our current Children First Budgeting board representatives.

BOTH Mr. David Bitner and Mr. Kolton Vaughn, Parents Representing
Parents campaign, were pitted against the Malone/Stuckey Educators Representing Educators campaign, in a school board election race to win the FIRST and SECOND school board seats AND claim Victory for our Students First OVER the Educators First candidates.

Paid for by private citizen campaign put the spotlight on Doug Weideman, stirring up the Union's wrath against Springboro
Taxpayers, and focusing on electing the THIRD candidate, Charles Anderson, instead of campaigning to elect the STRENGTHS of BOTH
Parents Representing Parents candidates, Mr. David Bitner and
Mr. Kolton Vaughn, as our next TWO board representatives.

Taxpayers who were supporting electing the TWO school board
candidates, who were Parents Representing Parents were constantly reminded to focus on the "ES Endorses Anderson" campaign in order to further influence the election of he Third Educators Representing Educators candidate, Charles Anderson.

The final Gotcha gripped the Parents Representing Parents
school board candidates, Mr.David Bitner and Mr. Kolton Vaugn,
just THREE days before the election, and in my own opinion,
sealed the "sympathy vote" deal for the alleged "Victimized
Threesome" Educators Representing Educators and handed a
"full sweep" Victory on Election Night to the SEA President,
Mr. Scott Maney.

...oh the tangled web we weave, when we first we practice to
deceive....
Boro Future Bright

Springboro, OH

#28913 Nov 7, 2013
As Springboro Taxpayers and School District Voters begin our never-ending search for Citizens, who have our Students First Best Interest as their
Priority in running for school board election...

and who have the strong Will and the leadership skill to stand with Taxpayers against the hostile
BOE majority of Educators representing Educators

just learn from the mistakes of the 2013 Bitner/Vaughn "non-campaign for victory" and
beware the scariest words in the vocabulary of the Great Bloviater, paid for by private citizen...
I am a sign maker and I am here to help you...?
No debate means No choice

Xenia, OH

#28914 Nov 7, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
The floor is yours.
First, the choice was made (did you not see the election results).

Second, it seems as if others have beat me to the punch.

Third, it seems as if the average citizen (at least those who voted) tended not to agree with your signs and mailers as neither B or V received enough votes to win even third place. Rather, they were outpolled 2 to 1. But yes 400 of the 2300 people who voted for B/V also voted for Anderson. So I guess you'll claim that as a victory (17%- half as PROFICIENT as you stated M as being.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Bently 19,568
Merry Christmas 8 hr Merry Christmas 1
Photos 22 hr Net Nut 1
Jerkwad Jabbar-shooting details emerge: Wed Dennis E Gannon 6
Police: Teen shot dead by shopper wanted shoes Wed Net Nut 4
Merry Knobby Christmas Wed The Duke of Hazard 2
Despite this Hannity Insanity: Wed The Duke of Hazard 8
Xenia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Xenia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Xenia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Xenia

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:46 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:46PM
Mike Pettine: Our first-round picks aren't busts
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"
NFL 7:11 AM
Mike Pettine: Browns won't write off Manziel, Gilbert
Bleacher Report10:17 AM
Complete Week 17 Preview for Baltimore