Our recommendation: Springboro voters...

Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

There are 31948 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

Childish

Dayton, OH

#28375 Oct 28, 2013
Thug wrote:
<quoted text>
Sara you are the pettiest person, good thing you are the campaign manager for this union supported bullies. really the word for gets your panties in a wad or soiled? Grow up
I'm guessing by your response you aren't even old enough to vote. "gets your panties in a wad or soiled" REALLY???? You, Thug, need to grow up! If this is how you make your arguments then you should keep your thoughts to yourself.
Glass houses

Cleveland, OH

#28376 Oct 28, 2013
No debate means No choice wrote:
<quoted text>
They never show up to debate the issues or anything else. Again, the controversy isn't FALSE, it is being adjudicated. If it were false, why is there another hearing?
Because small minded petty people report, concentrate on and perpetuate these type of issues.

Again making my point.
Glass houses

Cleveland, OH

#28377 Oct 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Glad I have such influence over someone else's mind. Too bad you couldn't come to YOUR OWN decision. But, some of us are leaders while others simply follow....
LMAO! Influence over my mind? That's rich!
I came to my on decision based on the fact that I can't vote for a candidate that has such a witling, as you've shown yourself here to be, as a supporter.
District Parent

Springfield, OH

#28378 Oct 28, 2013
You Betcha wrote:
<quoted text>
Pessimistic? Not at all... but certainly Realistic!
Of course there will be three candidates elected, and of course Mr. Anderson will be one of the three. How can HE not win?
And I certainly have enough common sense NOT to let a political consultant, for neither the SEA or the ES, tell ME, an independent thinker that I have to vote for the best three options, when all I have to do is vote my beliefs for the TWO best candidates with whom I share common ground.
Correct. I am not a political consultant. But neither are you. Like you, I have every right to post my opinions. All day and all night long, you may continue to post this opinion espousing voters to cast their ballot for "only" two candidates in a three seat school board race. However, doing so will essentially continue to reinforce an aura of political ignorance that surrounds almost every statement that you post.

Vote Tues Nov. 5th!

Vote Bitner !
Vote Vaughn !
Vote Anderson !
Vote YES on school renewal levy!

clarification

Springfield, OH

#28379 Oct 28, 2013
Affiliations wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm definitely not saying it would be a bad thing. I like Educate Springboro. I'm just saying I didn't see anything written by ES on the website like you stated in your prior post.
The authors of each respective blog entry is identified as either JRigano or DPetroni. If you look at the ES site again, you'll see JRigano authored "In the Direction of Decision". Jim Rigano put his initials to "In the Direction of Decision". Of course, this indicates Jim Rigano has endorsed Charles Anderson. I'd say the odds are pretty good that David Petroni is on board with Rigano's sentiments.
brave my arse

Springfield, OH

#28380 Oct 28, 2013
right wrote:
<quoted text>
I never thought about it that way but you are right what mom wants this vicious OEA and SEA union bullies following them all over, viciously spreading false rumor and hurting their children. These dads are brave and need our support.
Hey, Brave Dads...What's brave about your continuous refusal to debate? What's brave about your inability to networking through this community in order to effectively build strong constituency? What's brave about B/V sign placement in public right-of-ways, which regularly gets kicked around or quitly removed in the wee hours of the night?
You Betcha

Springfield, OH

#28381 Oct 28, 2013
District Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. I am not a political consultant. But neither are you. Like you, I have every right to post my opinions. All day and all night long, you may continue to post this opinion espousing voters to cast their ballot for "only" two candidates in a three seat school board race. However, doing so will essentially continue to reinforce an aura of political ignorance that surrounds almost every statement that you post.
Vote Tues Nov. 5th!
Vote Bitner !
Vote Vaughn !
Vote Anderson !
Vote YES on school renewal levy!
Of course I'm just a private citizen, and don't feel that I need
the constant "help me help you think about voting just like
me." However, doing so will essentially continue to reinforce an aura of political ignorance that surrounds almost every statement that you post.

It's such a good thing to tell it again and again,
VOTE YOUR BELIEF ON NOVEMBER 5th!
As for this voter, I believe in voting ONLY for TWO
candidates in whom I believe I share the most common ground, politically speaking!

Life is Good in Springboro! I think it will be better IF the
the two candidates that I believe in are elected on November 5th, as our next TWO conservative school board members!

VOTE BITNER/VAUGHN
NOVEMBER 5, 2013!
You Betcha

Springfield, OH

#28382 Oct 28, 2013
brave my arse wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Brave Dads...What's brave about your continuous refusal to debate? What's brave about your inability to networking through this community in order to effectively build strong constituency? What's brave about B/V sign placement in public right-of-ways, which regularly gets kicked around or quitly removed in the wee hours of the night?
lol... nothing brave about all that; sounds like that's all
about unionism's war of words of personal destruction, trying to discredit, distort the voice of "the other side."

To present both sides...

The Malones/Stuckey/Anderson black signs of darkness project gloom and doom for our children's future left behind to keep the union masters happy;
whereas,
The BITNER/VAUGHN red, white and blue project support for the progress our current board has made in the past two years; and
are already on board as good team members... who will continue to
challenge the status quo where need be...

Two very different paths; Two very different Teams, leaving
Two of the five candidates as Two Losers on November 5th.

If you are a believer, let's make sure that DAVID BITNER
and KOLTON VAUGHN are the First TWO winners announced in November 5, 2013, election night results!

Vote Your Belief!
Vote Bitner/Vaughn!
November 5, 2013!
Spread the Great News

Springfield, OH

#28383 Oct 28, 2013
Just Got Home, Picked up the mail, started sorting through the bills and ads, when just like that...
a "peek into Boro Future Bright" in that God Bless America Red, White, and Blue campaign flyer....

DAVID BITNER & KOLTON VAUGHN FOR SPRINGBORO SCHOOL BOARD!

Achievement and opportunity gaps at the SHS cannot be closed unless a climate of high expectations exists for all students from Kindergarten through
HighSchoo. Staying within the fiscal confines that our taxpayers have set is the challenge and requires fresh ideas.

The January 2013 Warren County Educational Service Center audit report performed by professional educators reviewing our high school program of studies had this to say regarding the direction
Mr. Malone steered the academic program:

"Documents provided to the Tactical Assistance Visit Team indicate that contrary to the High Schools That Work* philosophy, SHS believes that offering low level coarses is in the best interest of students. This belief, however, WAS NOT
SUBSTANTIATED by research or data."
(*High Schools ThatWork is a program to enhance education for children.)

--WE BELIEVE for too long our leadership was nt motivated, content with the status quo, leaving to many children underserved. The direction we head now is sustainable, it creates opportunity, it offers balance, and it states the truth.

--WE BELIEVE in order to deliver the highest level of education we must raise the bar well past the state minimums and strive to challenge our children, parents, and staff to reach higher.

--WE BELIEVE--that allocating resources from areas of less demand to areas of greater demand is one
common sense approach to resolving needs in our schools.

--WE BELIEVE--that in order to take advantage of the higher level classes at the high school, more children must be put on that track at earlier grade levels.

LOOK AT TODAY AND THE FUTURE...

www.SupportBoroStudents.com
Vote Bitner-Vaughn

Springfield, OH

#28384 Oct 28, 2013
Vote for David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn for
Springboro School Board on November 5, 2013

--We believe over taxation of the taxpayers is wrong!

--We believe in supporting the amount of necessary taxation required to do the job correctly.

--We believe that excess tax money in any government body tends to inspire creative ways to spend that money.

--We believe transparency, from budgeting to policy formulation to meetings, leads to good governance in all levels of government.

Look at Today and the Future

Vote Bitner/Vaughn
for Springboro School Board
November 5, 2013

Vote Renewal levy that saves taxpayers $6.5 million.
November 5, 2013
No debate means No choice

Tipp City, OH

#28385 Oct 28, 2013
Conspiracy wrote:
<quoted text>
funny,funny! there was no such thing when Kohls was elected or when Petroni and Rigano got elected so you are using your imagination yet again. NFSS put a forum on for Petroni and Rigano but this is the first one put on by the union SEA. Please don't lie it is not only a bad idea it is illegal see Ohio Board of Elections codes. You may not lie to influence the outcome of an election decision.
You can not use this blog system to lie here or anywhere else. See election laws. Breaking elections laws is a reason to get a subpoena. I would suggest you try hard to live in truth.
WRONG Here is the link of the first part (of 6) of the debate put on by SEA that Petroni and Rigano were involved in on 10/4/11.

Please know the facts so you do NOT LIE HERE OR ANYWHERE ELSE.

Tipp City, OH

#28386 Oct 28, 2013
Conspiracy wrote:
<quoted text>
funny,funny! there was no such thing when Kohls was elected or when Petroni and Rigano got elected so you are using your imagination yet again. NFSS put a forum on for Petroni and Rigano but this is the first one put on by the union SEA. Please don't lie it is not only a bad idea it is illegal see Ohio Board of Elections codes. You may not lie to influence the outcome of an election decision.
You can not use this blog system to lie here or anywhere else. See election laws. Breaking elections laws is a reason to get a subpoena. I would suggest you try hard to live in truth.
Forgot to post the link. Here it is:

Seems as though I do live in truth. Where do you live?
Interesting happenings

Cleveland, OH

#28387 Oct 29, 2013
Remember, citizens who live IN SPRINGBORO, you can vote for Clearcreek Township TRUSTEE as well!

Let us look at the record on LAMB & WADE:

They allowed the fire chief to place a 4.5 mil levy to the voters of Springboro and Clearcreek Township – this with a reserve of seven million dollars in the bank.

Over the past few years, Clearcreek Township has made the headlines, and not in a positive manner.

Issues of WADE selling insurance to the township employees,(an OHIO ETHICS VIOLATION) and pocketed 1.2 million dollars over the deal.

WADE purchasing property with TAXPAYERS money for a new park,(On Red Lion 5 Points Rd) while lining his friends pocket with over a million dollars of TAXPAYERS money and not completing the Patricia Allen Park

WADE & LAMB FIRED Police Chief Herdt for NOT firing a police officer -- who did NOTHING WRONG -- so they FIRED CHIEF HERDT

FIRED another police officer for following orders and the trustees paying over $90,000 for their defense to fire him.

Allowing failed policies in the fire department and even closing a fire station.

Allowing an assistant fire chief accused of identity theft,(A FELONY) to KEEP HIS JOB!

NOW WADE & LAMB are being charged with violating the Ohio Open Public Meeting act, which they currently have to defend with TAXPAYERS funds. Court date of late November 2013 -- after the election.

WADE & LAMB have been trustees for over 30 years!

So, now that you know the TRUTH, isn't it time to RETIRE WADE & LAMB?
Do You Believe

Springfield, OH

#28388 Oct 29, 2013
Do You Believe....

*That Government should be Fiscally Responsible?
*That Government should be limited in size & scope?
*That we should support Free Markets?

If so, Then please consider voting your beliefs on
November 5, 2013.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Residents of Springboro are residents of Clearcreek Township and have a say in how the Clearcreek Township Trustees spend your money.

On November 5th, Clearcreek and Springboro residents will have opportunity to elect TWO out of the four candidates on the ballot to serve the
people, as elected Township Trustees for the next four years.

Vote to Re-Elect Clearcreek Township Trustee,
CATHY ANSPACH....

Cathy Anspach is a leader you can trust. She has proven that she is dedicated to seeing that the township is run transparently and that the operations are accountable to the citizens of the Clearcreek Township. Cathy has given the township the honest leadership that we should receive from all of our elected representatives. Cathy did not think more money was needed by the fire department and so voted NO.

WHEN IS ENOUGH, ENOUGH?
Isn't it time on November 5th to Vote for New Township leadership that will Help Stop Unnecessary Taxing and Spending?

Isn't it time for a responsible change from
status quo business as usual?

You Can Make it Happen!
On November 5, 2013, Vote FOR
Steve Muterspaw for Clearcreek Township Trustee!

Springboro and Clearcreek Residents can TRUST
Steve Muterspaw, who has a commitment to transparency, can be trusted with your hard-
earne tax dollars.

Vote Your Beliefs On or Before November 5th!
Vote to Re-Elect Cathy Anspach! Four More Years!
Vote to Elect Conservative Steve Muterspaw for Clearcreek Township Trustee!
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#28389 Oct 29, 2013
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NbNDXaCCkmkXX
If you live in the truth, please tell us which of these points is not true and most importantly, WHY?

The January 2013 Warren County Educational Service Center audit report performed by professional educators reviewing our high school program of studies had this to say regarding the direction

"Documents provided to the Tactical Assistance Visit Team indicate that contrary to the High Schools That Work* philosophy, SHS believes that offering low level coarses is in the best interest of students. This belief, however, WAS NOT

--WE BELIEVE for too long our leadership was nt motivated, content with the status quo, leaving to many children underserved. The direction we head now is sustainable, it creates opportunity, it offers balance, and it states the truth.

--WE BELIEVE in order to deliver the highest level of education we must raise the bar well past the state minimums and strive to challenge our children, parents, and staff to reach higher.

--WE BELIEVE--that allocating resources from areas of less demand to areas of greater demand is one common sense approach to resolving needs in our schools.

--WE BELIEVE--that in order to take advantage of the higher level classes at the high school, more children must be put on that track at earlier grade levels.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#28390 Oct 29, 2013
Vote Bitner Vaughn and Anderson
Rhymin and Sarfunkel

Springfield, OH

#28391 Oct 29, 2013
And here's to you, Mr. Anderson
Voters love you more than you will know
Wo, Wo, Wo !
God bless you please, Mr. Anderson
Looks like you'll do great on 'lection Day
Hey, Hey, Hey !
Hey, Hey, Hey !

We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files
We need you to help control the SEA
Look around you, all you see are sympathetic eyes
Stroll around your Homes until you feel the ground

Dayton, OH

#28392 Oct 29, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
If you live in the truth, please tell us which of these points is not true and most importantly, WHY?
--WE BELIEVE--that allocating resources from areas of less demand to areas of greater demand is one common sense approach to resolving needs in our schools.
If you would have read. Conspiracy stated :

"there was no such thing when Kohls was elected or when Petroni and Rigano got elected so you are using your imagination yet again. NFSS put a forum on for Petroni and Rigano but this is the first one put on by the union SEA."

Stating the my comment that Rigano and Petroni attended the SEA debate in the past moderated by the mayor. They also state that "this" was the first one put on by the union SEA.

The video was simply proof that it wasn't my imagination. Or are you going to tell me the whole thing is a conspiracy?
poundsand

Dayton, OH

#28393 Oct 29, 2013
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NbNDXaCCkmkXX
Hey No Debate means No choice, answer Wiedemans post #28389 for us on why your candidates are better for us. Give us some truth!

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/springboro-oh...

we'll wait here...
due credit

Springfield, OH

#28394 Oct 29, 2013
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
First, Don Miller endorses Charles Anderson and Kolton Vaughn.
Departing board member Don Miller deserves a certain amount of credit. During his time on the board he's taken a hellava lot of heat from all angles. As a lame duck, he could have very easily caved into SEA interests by endorsing the custom Malone-Stuckey-Anderson union ticket. Instead, Miller's endorsement is honest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr Big city 20,609
Baby bump on gabrielle enright 19 hr The Duke of Hazard 2
To raise Abortion Nut awareness... Fri Literature Lover 1
Cop thinks... Fri Fan of Leon The Man 3
Oakwood Swimmer Brock Turner (May '15) Fri I h8 rapists 11
$$$Ice game most wanted crook'd crook's$$$ Fri Jynxz 1
I have a ddddrrrreeeeeaammmm... Sep 22 The Duke of Hazard 1

Xenia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Xenia Mortgages