Our recommendation: Springboro voters...

Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

There are 31964 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

Affiliations

Ft Mitchell, KY

#28355 Oct 28, 2013
answer me this wrote:
<quoted text>
If in fact B/V has no affiliation with Educate Springboro, and Educate Springboro's address is listed as Rigano's, why have I seen Rigano out planting campaign signs?
I'm definitely not saying it would be a bad thing. I like Educate Springboro. I'm just saying I didn't see anything written by ES on the website like you stated in your prior post.
no more false controversy

Ft Mitchell, KY

#28356 Oct 28, 2013
No debate means No choice wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, that's why they wrote with sharpie's on their signs. To look more "legit". They did not show to a hearing they were strongly encouraged to attend. The panel found in favor (3-0) of the charges brought forth. So ask the elections commission your question. They are the ones who are proceeding with a hearing the day before the election. If what B/V did was not against the code, then why the unanimous ruling?
My guess is because they didn't want to distract from the real issues. They seem to act like adults unlike the MSA thugs. They probably just did it to shut the whiners up and cut the manufactured controversy off at the knees.
No debate means No choice

Dayton, OH

#28357 Oct 28, 2013
Union Allegiance wrote:
<quoted text>
Just went over to the BITNER/VAUGHN site as you suggested. I saw no affiliation with Educate Springboro, however, I did see that they have answers to The League of Women Voters Q&A as well as the COX Media Survey.
I also decided to check out the site for MSA and what to my wondering eyes does appear? Endorsements from John Agenbroad and Scott Maney, President – Springboro Education Association (SEA). Aren't these the same people who held and moderated the forum that you keep whining about Bitner and Vaughn not attending? Why invite candidates to a forum when the people moderating and holding the forum are already in support of the opposing 3 candidates? Could it be you wanted a biased forum? Oh wait, that's right, you didn't even invite them. I think the endorsements speak for themselves.
"Educate Springboro supports a slate of three candidates, Charles Anderson, David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn for Springboro Board of Education. David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn bring their perspective as parents, taxpayers and concerned citizens to provide more balance in board perspectives. We are also confident that with the addition of the business acumen Charles Anderson has accumulated in his many years of service to the community, our district can continue to be sustainable. Keeping our students as the first priority, supporting our teachers, and being the voice of the community in public education is our goal. The addition of Anderson, Bitner, and Vaughn aid us all in accomplishing that goal." - From the educatespringboro site.

Also why did Khols collect signatures for BOTH of them? Also during a BOE meeting I believe it was Rigano who stated we need to elect "two" people.

"3) Will we build upon the sound footing that has almost miraculously dispelled the threat of a crisis-level deficit, created an unprecedented surplus, and a reduction in taxes; all while recapitalizing critical infrastructure in support of the students; or will we return control of the board to the forces who have resisted, mischaracterized, and tried to undermine the fiscal recovery that directly resulted from "Children First" transparent budgeting?" - from the B/V site. If you can't see the coalation between this and the educatespringboro site then you must be blind. You can also see the answers they posted on the DDN voter's guide. While you're there let me know when you find WHAT business Bitner manages.

They were invited. From the B/V site "Thank you for your kind email asking us to join your Springboro Education Association forum.", that was their email when they declined. As far as the endorsements, they were placed after the debate. You hold a debate, then afterward give endorsements.(That's why the leauge of women voters support MSA.)
The truth

Miamisburg, OH

#28358 Oct 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Right, that's why they wrote with sharpie's on their signs. To look more "legit". They did not show to a hearing they were strongly encouraged to attend. The panel found in favor (3-0) of the charges brought forth. So ask the elections commission your question. They are the ones who are proceeding with a hearing the day before the election. If what B/V did was not against the code, then why the unanimous ruling?
Jobe it is amazing that you will do and say ANYTHING to get your princiPAL elected. What did you have to do to get a 3-0?

Dayton, OH

#28359 Oct 28, 2013
no more false controversy wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is because they didn't want to distract from the real issues. They seem to act like adults unlike the MSA thugs. They probably just did it to shut the whiners up and cut the manufactured controversy off at the knees.
You're guess is wrong. They say on their site: "Nevertheless, as soon we were notified of the concern, we took immediate labor intensive measures to modify the signs by adding the word "for" in order to remove any possible ambiguity." Wouldn't an adult have reviewed the rules before making the signs? Have you EVER seen a sign without elect, reelect or for on it? There's a reason for that. They all did the due-diligence that is required for running a campaign.
Motovoter

Cincinnati, OH

#28360 Oct 28, 2013
Bitner and Vaughn are clearly puppets of Kelly Kohls. The current school board's idea of the best curriculum includes classes on the Constitution taught by a person who is not remotely educated in this area (Ricki, who also markets her own miracle diet) from an organization - the Institute on the Constitution - that consistently promotes 911 conspiracy theories. They clearly can't be trusted to implement sound policy.
poundsand

Dayton, OH

#28361 Oct 28, 2013
<quoted text>
You're guess is wrong. They say on their site: "Nevertheless, as soon we were notified of the concern, we took immediate labor intensive measures to modify the signs by adding the word "for" in order to remove any possible ambiguity." Wouldn't an adult have reviewed the rules before making the signs? Have you EVER seen a sign without elect, reelect or for on it? There's a reason for that. They all did the due-diligence that is required for running a campaign.
Enough of the nit-picky BS. Typical liberal -- there is such a thing as “fact” or “truth.” Everything is a struggle for power between rival doctrines.

Provide us Springboro voters some valid, rational reasoning for voting in your candidate(s).
Conspiracy

Springfield, OH

#28362 Oct 28, 2013
Motovoter wrote:
Bitner and Vaughn are clearly puppets of Kelly Kohls. The current school board's idea of the best curriculum includes classes on the Constitution taught by a person who is not remotely educated in this area (Ricki, who also markets her own miracle diet) from an organization - the Institute on the Constitution - that consistently promotes 911 conspiracy theories. They clearly can't be trusted to implement sound policy.
Wow now who is a conspiracy theorist? Bad people teaching the constitution- they sell supplements. I think all older people take and sell nutritional supplements. Puppets? Funny the Malone ticket thinks curriculum is best kept from students so they can't think for themselves.
Conspiracy

Springfield, OH

#28363 Oct 28, 2013
<quoted text>
And 95% of the posts here don't come from the "same 10 people"? I find it interesting that on this board they were so quick to point out that "only" 73 people attended the debate at the school but they fail to mention that less than 15 attended the B/V meet and greet. M/S/A may have a landslide on their hands.
I'll give you a positive reason to vote for M/S/A. They don't have some right-wing agenda. They want to move away from the way the current board conducts business. The current BOE is so into micro-management and have overstepped their bounds on NUMEROUS occations. Keep the current majority BOE in control and we'll be needing new tax dollars for lawyer fees.
Remeber 15 years ago when no one could name a board member? When they did what they were supposed to do and kept their personal beliefs out of the public schools?
Most importantly M/S/A are the only candidates to show up at a debate that has been held every election cycle moderated by the mayor as voted for by the people of this city. Even Rigano and Petroni showed up to the debate last election. B/V stated they didn't want to be there because of the SEA? How are they going to work with the SEA?
Unions are eveywhere, get used to it. From the car you drive to the TV shows and movies you watch to the electricity (that allows you to be on this forum) in your house even YOU support unions.
funny,funny! there was no such thing when Kohls was elected or when Petroni and Rigano got elected so you are using your imagination yet again. NFSS put a forum on for Petroni and Rigano but this is the first one put on by the union SEA. Please don't lie it is not only a bad idea it is illegal see Ohio Board of Elections codes. You may not lie to influence the outcome of an election decision.

You can not use this blog system to lie here or anywhere else. See election laws. Breaking elections laws is a reason to get a subpoena. I would suggest you try hard to live in truth.
right

Springfield, OH

#28364 Oct 28, 2013
School District Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse Me... but there is no current BOE majority.
Don't you know that it's all politics?
The SEA has modeled "politics of personal destruction" for so long in this school district, that it appears everyone now is just
accepting status quo and jumping on the Malone bandwagon to
"vote for revenge." Inquiring minds all over town are asking what's up with that?
It is agreed that neither one of the current BOE members,
Springboro Moms Kelly Kohls/Wendy Kuhl, would agreed to step up and take the OEA war of words tongue lashings "four more years"
... and that just proves to our community-wide taxpayers just how mean and nasty and hostile and aggressive and NON-PROFESSIONAL our
SEA professional educators are in there local war of wars against Springboro taxpayers.
....looking ahead, what difference does it make whether the conservatives or the liberals win the majority of open seats up for grabs in the board room? Just two years ago, Springboro families and taxpayer homeowners volunteered their valuable time and resources to elect for the first time ever our first
Conservative BOE majority?
And with just two board members (Scott Anderson/Don Miller) opposing our children first agenda, look at the detriment to our children's future that Anderson and Miller, teaming up with
SEA president Scott Maney and SHS principal Ron Malone, caused with their never ending politics of personal destruction of all good things in our schools and community that are not of
unionism indoctrination?
So why not lighten up... look beyond the darkness of this
vote for revenge school board campaign, and step into the sunshine on November 5th and VOTE YOUR BELIEFS!
Most likely, we conservatives will awaken on November 6,
alive and well in a majority of LOSES way down low in the Boro... and regroup and get ready for battle along a different avenue doing what's right for our schools and community!
ON TO VICTORY!
NOVEMBER 5, 2012
VOTE FOR BITNER/VAUGHN!
I never thought about it that way but you are right what mom wants this vicious OEA and SEA union bullies following them all over, viciously spreading false rumor and hurting their children. These dads are brave and need our support.
no more false controversy

Ft Mitchell, KY

#28365 Oct 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Being an adult, I would have done the same thing. I would choose to get rid of the false controversy by putting it to rest. You, on the other hand, seem to wish they were focused on your false controversy so they would quit having adult conversations focused on the issues. Too bad they wont focus on your trivial issues.
Thug

Springfield, OH

#28366 Oct 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Sara you are the pettiest person, good thing you are the campaign manager for this union supported bullies. really the word for gets your panties in a wad or soiled? Grow up

Dayton, OH

#28367 Oct 28, 2013
Conspiracy wrote:
<quoted text>
funny,funny! there was no such thing when Kohls was elected or when Petroni and Rigano got elected so you are using your imagination yet again. NFSS put a forum on for Petroni and Rigano but this is the first one put on by the union SEA. Please don't lie it is not only a bad idea it is illegal see Ohio Board of Elections codes. You may not lie to influence the outcome of an election decision.
You can not use this blog system to lie here or anywhere else. See election laws. Breaking elections laws is a reason to get a subpoena. I would suggest you try hard to live in truth.
It was my understanding that debates happen every election. I believe the mayor stated he had moderated debates before.

As far as lying, do you not read this forum? Where have you been? Tell that to those who keep posting UNION-CONTROLLED school board.

Dayton, OH

#28368 Oct 28, 2013
no more false controversy wrote:
<quoted text>
Being an adult, I would have done the same thing. I would choose to get rid of the false controversy by putting it to rest. You, on the other hand, seem to wish they were focused on your false controversy so they would quit having adult conversations focused on the issues. Too bad they wont focus on your trivial issues.
They never show up to debate the issues or anything else. Again, the controversy isn't FALSE, it is being adjudicated. If it were false, why is there another hearing?

Dayton, OH

#28369 Oct 28, 2013
Thug wrote:
<quoted text>
Sara you are the pettiest person, good thing you are the campaign manager for this union supported bullies. really the word for gets your panties in a wad or soiled? Grow up
Wrong again. You're maturity once again shows.
Do the right thing

Cleveland, OH

#28370 Oct 28, 2013
Remember, citizens who live IN SPRINGBORO, you can vote for Clearcreek Township TRUSTEE as well!

Let us look at the record on LAMB & WADE:

They allowed the fire chief to place a 4.5 mil levy to the voters of Springboro and Clearcreek Township – this with a reserve of seven million dollars in the bank.

Over the past few years, Clearcreek Township has made the headlines, and not in a positive manner.

Issues of WADE selling insurance to the township employees,(an OHIO ETHICS VIOLATION) and pocketed 1.2 million dollars over the deal.

WADE purchasing property with TAXPAYERS money for a new park,(On Red Lion 5 Points Rd) while lining his friends pocket with over a million dollars of TAXPAYERS money and not completing the Patricia Allen Park

WADE & LAMB FIRED Police Chief Herdt for NOT firing a police officer -- who did NOTHING WRONG -- so they FIRED CHIEF HERDT

FIRED another police officer for following orders and the trustees paying over $90,000 for their defense to fire him.

Allowing failed policies in the fire department and even closing a fire station.

Allowing an assistant fire chief accused of identity theft,(A FELONY) to KEEP HIS JOB!

NOW WADE & LAMB are being charged with violating the Ohio Open Public Meeting act, which they currently have to defend with TAXPAYERS funds. Court date of late November 2013 -- after the election.

WADE & LAMB have been trustees for over 30 years!

So, now that you know the TRUTH, isn't it time to RETIRE WADE & LAMB?
You Betcha

Springfield, OH

#28371 Oct 28, 2013
District Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
At this late date, perhaps you may feel somewhat less pessimistic if you were to begin promoting the following logical, common sense, rediculously simple political concept:
Regardless of the number of candidates involved, in any election that involves three open seats, always vote for the BEST THREE options.
Pessimistic? Not at all... but certainly Realistic!

Of course there will be three candidates elected, and of course Mr. Anderson will be one of the three. How can HE not win?

And I certainly have enough common sense NOT to let a political consultant, for neither the SEA or the ES, tell ME, an independent thinker that I have to vote for the best three options, when all I have to do is vote my beliefs for the TWO best candidates with whom I share common ground.

Now why doesn't the ES endorses Anderson believers posting on this blog, simple freely express your right to vote; and STOP copying the strong arm tactics of the boro bullies trying to shove
Anderson down others throats. It's all a good thing, even the bad and the ugly, as long as you stay fair and balanced!

ON TO V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!
Vote Your Belief in the Quality of the school board candidates, not the Quantity!
Vote for our only TWO conservative school board candidates
DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN!

...and VOTE for RENEWAL Levy that saves taxpayers $6.5 million!

God Bless America, home of the brave, the good, the bad and ugly!
....That's A Beautiful Thing for All!
Glass houses

Cleveland, OH

#28372 Oct 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Reading your posts since I posted my rant about the small minded, self absorbed , self righteous, vapid, hypocritical, petty and petulant attitude of those that make up a lot of the MSA supporters. I have to say, you keep on making my point for me.

The pettiness you concentrate on is the very reason I will NOT be voting for the SAM ticket. Thank YOU for making my decision an easier one.
You Betcha

Springfield, OH

#28373 Oct 28, 2013
right wrote:
<quoted text>
I never thought about it that way but you are right what mom wants this vicious OEA and SEA union bullies following them all over, viciously spreading false rumor and hurting their children. These dads are brave and need our support.
David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn are the only TWO school board candidates of the five who are already on board in support of the progress made in the past two years. So WHY are the two Educate Springboro board members not on board supporting the election of
these TWO like minded candidates as the TWO candidates that should come in FIRST and SECOND on November 5? Why does Anderson get top billing in the ES ENDORES ANDERSON....

Are the names on the ballot always listed in alphabetical order?
Well, why do you think Malone Stuckey Anderson has huge name recognition signs all over town? Could it be that voters will
see Anderson first on the ballot, and then that image embedded in their minds of Malone Stuckey second and third? With both the
MSA and the ES pushing Anderson down our throats, isn't it
REALISTIC that Malone and Stuckey won't be far behind on
election day?

Words are POWERFUL images!
The way I see it
On November 5th, VOTE FOR ONLY TWO
CONSERVATIVE SCHOOL BOARD CANDIDATES
DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN!

It Just Takes TWO! Why indulge yourself with a third one?

Dayton, OH

#28374 Oct 28, 2013
Glass houses wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading your posts since I posted my rant about the small minded, self absorbed , self righteous, vapid, hypocritical, petty and petulant attitude of those that make up a lot of the MSA supporters. I have to say, you keep on making my point for me.
The pettiness you concentrate on is the very reason I will NOT be voting for the SAM ticket. Thank YOU for making my decision an easier one.
Glad I have such influence over someone else's mind. Too bad you couldn't come to YOUR OWN decision. But, some of us are leaders while others simply follow....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr south amboy 20,699
My friends, we and President Tump... Sat The Old Cold Warrior 1
Ladies, here is your romantic chance! Dec 2 Literature Lover 7
Shawn webb Dec 1 Kara 1
"Trump-hating deranged will not change" Dec 1 AmericanWoman 3
621 Upland Cir West Carrollton Nov 30 CobraCommander 4
Hulu is down... Nov 30 Wwefan 1

Xenia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Xenia Mortgages