Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments (Page 1,389)

Showing posts 27,761 - 27,780 of30,581
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Wow Wow Wow

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

I was told Bitner doesn't have a college degree. Is this true?

Please tell me our community really wouldn't elect someone to serve on a board of a $50,000,000 a year business that educates our kids and he doesn't have a college degree?

Clarification please?
Doug Wiedeman

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Wow Wow Wow wrote:
Please tell me our community really wouldn't elect someone to serve on a board of a $50,000,000 a year business that educates our kids and he doesn't have a college degree?
Clarification please?
Having advanced degrees is no guarantee of intelligence or wisdom, as some running for this office have oft demonstrated in public.
partisan

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Wow Wow Wow wrote:
Clarification please?
unlike your side that likes to put levies on the ballot every chance they got. Education is no guarantee of having common sense.
Vote Bitner-Vaughn

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

We Believe in order to deliver the highest level of education we must raise the bar well past the state minimums and strive to challenge our children, parents, and staff to reach higher. We can and must do better, our children's future
depends on our actions today!

If you believe WE MUST RAISE THE BAR, please join supporters of David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn and
say YES! YES! to Bitner/Vaughn as our next TWO
BOE elected officials!

On November 5, 2013 Vote For
DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN!
On November 5, 2013 Vote For
Renewal Levy!

Fresh ideas have allowed our district to sustain itself in an uncertain economy with NO new money required!

We can't just invest in the status quo...
We have to invest in a vision of reform!

VOTE BITNER/VAUGHN
VOTE RENEWAL LEVY
NOVEMBER 5, 2013
Scary Boro Boo Boo

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Wow Wow Wow wrote:
Clarification please?
Keep in mind Voters... that the top three "goals" of the
Malone/Stuckey/Anderson threesome, if elected, as stated in their flyer which was delivered to my mail box yesterday, are:

Promote SOLIDARITY in our community, our board and our schools

Redefine the ROLE of a School Board Member

Work to Build internal school district unity

Union SOLIDARITY in the board room sounds too scary to
allow coming true.... but What Can Voters do....?

SPREAD THE GREAT NEWS THAT ONLY SCHOOL BOARD CANDIDATES.
DAVID BITNER AND KOLTON VAUGHN, WHO SHOULD BE ELECTED OUR
NEXT TWO BOARD REPRESENTATIVES....CAN PREVENT ANDERSON/MALONE/STUCKEY FROM LEADING OUR
BOARD OF EDUCATION MEMBERS IN THE DIRECTION OF IDENTITY CRISIS!

DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN are the only TWO school board candidates who are already on board with our current board's winning agenda! Why would our community vote for the Union
to redefine the "ROLE" of OUR elected officials?

VOTE NOVEMBER 5th FOR
DAVID BITNER AND KOLTON VAUGHN
Parents Representing Parents
Putting Students First/Responsible Budgeting
It's a winning ticket for all!
Doug Wiedeman

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Why did Mr. Malone, with his 41 years of excellent educational experience, never seem to exert his influence and leadership for the benefit of all the children of Springboro?

As the defacto leader of the school district, was it not his responsibility to lead in a way that would produce positive results for all students?

The High Schools That Works program audits our high school every three years. There are repeated mentions of increasing the rigor of curriculum, increasing the participation rates of our A/P classes, putting more emphasis on getting children college ready. They show up with each audit as though no one was paying attention to the recommendations.

"Documents provided to the TAV Team indicate that contrary tothe HSTW philosophy,
SHS believes that offering low~level courses is in the best interest of students.­ This belief, however, WAS NOT SUBSTANTIATED by research or data."

Professional peers trying to be nice wrote that for Mr. Malone in January 2013.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxs0_xA64y_HS...

With 13 years at the helm to fix the problem, Mr. Malone opted instead to take a different tact and use his large store of influence in the community to reduce the strength of the curriculum.
Doug Wiedeman

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

GENE LOLLI notes in Mr. Malone's performance review that it appears Mr. Malone has a difficult time following through on things the team needs accomplished. The evaluation was signed by Mr. Malone on January 30, 2012.

"Dr Malone needs to improve on getting request/job target goals to the Superintendent in a timely fashion. Examples include: Requested a schedule of events for delayed start at the beginning of the year, at semester, and last week and have yet to receive.

Also requested times and dates of all staff meetings and quarterly updates on the High Schools That Work per 2011-2012 job targets."

Even Mr. Lolli was tasking Mr. Malone to do something with the High Schools That Works recommendations in January 2012.

A year later the High Schools That Works program would be back to once again chide Mr. Malone to do something positive for the children.

Mr. Malone's response was to do nothing.
Doug Wiedeman

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Also according to Mr. Lolli when he wrote Mr. Malone's evaluation, there seemed to be an issue of doing more than paper whipping job requirements.

This issue regarded staff relations:

Evaluates staff in a manner which contributes to improving their effectiveness.

"Dr Malone needs to evaluate administrators more effectively. Simply just checking all the boxes and not offering suggestions for improvements does not allow or give a fair indication of how an employee can improve on his/her effectiveness."

No wonder the staff loved him, everyone got a not so serious good evaluation on the employee report cards he so perfunctorily filled out for the benefit of procedure.
Scary Boro Boo Boo

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Stay Alert Voters -- Don't be "tricked" into voting for status quo tunnel vision of Malone/
Stuckey/Anderson, if elected, who to
.... Promote solidarity, redefine the role of
a school board member, work to build internal school district unity....

WE CAN'T JUST INVEST IN THE STATUS QUO OF
UNIONSIM INDOCTRINATON AND OPPRESSION...

WE HAVE TO INVEST IN A VISION OF REFORM,
MOVING OUT OF THE SHADOWS OF THE SIGNS
OF DARKNESS OF ELECTING A UNION CONTROLLED SCHOOL BOARD!

ON NOVEMBER 5th, VOTE FOR DAVID BITNER and
KOLTON VAUGHN! Fresh ideas have allowed our district to sustain itself in an uncertain economy with NO new money required!

ON NOVEMBER 5th, VOTE FOR RENEWAL LEVY!

Springboro families and taxpaying homeowners can trust DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN, if elected,
to continue to challenge the status quo where need be... and that's a good thing for all students,
school employees, and community of taxpayers.

VOTE NOVEMBER 5th for
BITNER/VAUGHN!
Vote Bitner-Vaughn

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Please Join us on November 5th and Vote Your Belief....

that leveraging school fees, services, personnel decisions, safety, or infrastructure maintenance to threaten families in order to influence regular or levy election is wrong.

VOTE FOR DAIVD BITNER AND KOLTON VAUGHN!
VOTE FOR RENEWAL LEVY!
NOVEMBER 5, 2013
Vote Bitner-Vaughn

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Please Join us on November 5th and Vote Your Belief....

that the future belongs to technology.
It is absolutely essential that we recognize technology not as a means to an end, but as a conduit through which knowledge flows.

Much like the wires that flow t our house bringing electricity, our technology investements are being made to ensure the future flow of knowledge to our children.

We can't just invest in the status quo;
We have to invest in a vision of reform.

Look at Today and the Future...

On November 5, 2013
Vote for David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn

...Our Children's future depends You Voting
for these TWO! Every vote counts!
VOTE FOR
DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN
November 5, 2013

business
Vote Bitner-Vaughn

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Please join us on November 5th and Vote your belief...
that in order to take advantage of the higher level classes at the high school, more children must be put on that track at earlier grade levels.
We support Mr. Petrey's move towards emphasis on more development in the earliest grade levels.
While not all children will eventually end in a calculus class in high school, we can certainly better prepare them all for post graduate success. And that benefits everyone!
VOTE FOR STUDENTS FIRST
PARENTS REPRESENTING PARENTS
November 5, 2013
The Next Day

Batavia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Boro Future Bright wrote:
<quoted text>
As a taxpaying homeowner and school district voter, I keep up
as best as possible on what's going on inside our schools and exactly how my hard earned tax dollars are being spent on education. However, it appears that you are way ahead of the education facts with your severely-misguided opinions.
There is no talk about your stated "concerns" because neither of
these distorted issues "have a place in our November 5th school board electtion, nor do these distorted issues have a place in
neither our "students first" quality classroom education; nor in
our common core standard curriculum. So why in the world would
our TWO Parents Representing Parents school board candidates, David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn waste their valuable time away from
their personal work and family responsibilities addressing
your petty "issues" of politics of personal destruction?
Why not spread the great news thatDavid Bitner and Kolton Vaughn
fully SUPPORT:
*The Amazingly Awesome progress made in the past two years
*Renewal levy that saves taxpayers $6.5 million! Hooray for Us!
*Reduced school fees, lower pay to participate fees, as well as restored busing, and building maintenance.
*Money and resources to the gifted and early intervention programs.
*RAISING THE BAR FOR STUDENTS AND TEACHERS.
*Adding ACT/College Essentials class, emphasing early college credit programs through the high school, Post Secondary Enrollment Optins (PSEO) Advanced Placement, and Dual Credit courses.
*Balancing class sizes, and strengthening our curriculum.
*Technology plan with 1,100 new computers, wireless access for every building, and laptops to every teacher.
State test results show after 8 years in our district's educational system, only 32% of our children were able to score 75% or better on Ohio Achievement Assessment math tests.
Please visit the website:
www.SupportBoroStudents.com
Spread the great news that
Students First/Responsible Budgeting
are the only TWO school board candidates
who should be elected on November 5th as
our next TWO school board representatives!
VOTE NOVEMBER 5th For
BITNER/VAUGHN
VOTE NOVEMBER 5th FOR
RENEWAL LEVY THAT SAVE TAXPAYERS $6.5 MILLION!
... it's the responsible thing to do for our children's future!
I never stated an opinion in my message. Please reread it. I am asking two simple questions about two of the candidates. Get a grip. Trying to have a fact-based discussion here and expand my understanding of what all of the candidates stand for. Get a grip.
ES endores Anderson

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Scary Boro Boo Boo wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep in mind Voters... that the top three "goals" of the
Malone/Stuckey/Anderson threesome, if elected, as stated in their flyer which was delivered to my mail box yesterday, are:
Promote SOLIDARITY in our community, our board and our schools
Redefine the ROLE of a School Board Member
Work to Build internal school district unity
DAVID BITNER AND KOLTON VAUGHN, WHO SHOULD BE ELECTED OUR
NEXT TWO BOARD REPRESENTATIVES....CAN PREVENT ANDERSON/MALONE/STUCKEY FROM LEADING OUR
BOARD OF EDUCATION MEMBERS IN THE DIRECTION OF IDENTITY CRISIS!
DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN are the only TWO school board candidates who are already on board with our current board's winning agenda! Why would our community vote for the Union
to redefine the "ROLE" of OUR elected officials?
VOTE NOVEMBER 5th FOR
DAVID BITNER AND KOLTON VAUGHN
Putting Students First/Responsible Budgeting
It's a winning ticket for all!
EDUCATE SPRINGBORO ENDORSES CHARLES ANDERSON

http://educatespringboro.org/

The following exerpt is from Educate Springboro's "In the Direction of Decision", released 10/24/13.

...Educate Springboro supports a slate of three candidates, Charles Anderson, David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn for Springboro Board of Education. David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn bring their perspective as parents, taxpayers and concerned citizens to provide more balance in board perspectives. We are also confident that with the addition of the business acumen Charles Anderson has accumulated in his many years of service to the community, our district can continue to be sustainable. Keeping our students as the first priority, supporting our teachers, and being the voice of the community in public education is our goal. The addition of Anderson, Bitner, and Vaughn aid us all in accomplishing that goal.

Educate Springboro is also FOR the renewal. Issue 14 is a reduced renewal levy. In good faith, we’ve balanced the budget and met our obligations. When it became clear that the district could meet its needs with less money, the board voted to request lower millage in the renewal levy in November. Not only have we proven that we can live within our means, but now every stakeholder in this district—our students and families, our staff and teachers, and the taxpayers--will benefit.

Please join Educate Springboro in voting

FOR DAVID BITNER for School Board, and

FOR KOLTON VAUGHN for School Board, and

FOR CHARLES ANDERSON for School Board, and

FOR ISSUE 14 for our school district.
School District Voter

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

The Next Day wrote:
<quoted text>
I never stated an opinion in my message. Please reread it. I am asking two simple questions about two of the candidates. Get a grip. Trying to have a fact-based discussion here and expand my understanding of what all of the candidates stand for. Get a grip.
Get a grip? Why Not Lighten Up?

Recently, I have received in my mail box at home flyers from both the Bitner/Vaughn school board candidates and the Malone/Stuckey/Anderson school board candidates and now have a "broad expansion of my understanding of what all of the candidates stand for." It is easy for me to see that only
two of the school board candidates, David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn, share common ground with all my beliefs; therefore,
it is the right thing for me to vote only for those candidates that I believe should come in first and second in the election of our next two school board representatives.

The flyers for both campaigns are very professional, glossy,
and informative; but the red, white and blue of the Bitner/Vaughn campaign projects fresh ideas that have allowed our district to sustain itself in an uncertain economy with NO new money required;
in contrast, the dark and gloomy Malone/Stuckey/Anderson black colors projects "re-instating Malone's status quo" and "re-defining the Role of a School Board member" and I believe that a Malone/Stuckey/Anderson controlled board will lead our school district in the direction of an identity crisis; To me that's a scary path to be avoided, because I am happy with, and have confidence in the brave new direction, in which our current board is leading our school district!

Please review the two very different paths ahead for the future of our schools and community as clearly shown in comparison of the information in the flyers for Bitner/Vaughn school board candidates VS Malone/Stuckey/Anderson candidates.

If you believe, as I do, that over taxation of the taxpayers is wrong, then please join me in voting for DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN, on November 5, as our next TWO board representatives.

Vote for Reduced Renewal Levy!
Vote for DAVID BITNER/KOLTON VAUGHN!
November 5, 2013
School District Voter

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

VOTE FOR OUR TWO CONSERVATIVE SCHOOL BOARD CANDIDATES, DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN
on November 5, 2013...

Look at Today and the Future ...

We believe in order to deliver the highest level of education we must raise the bar well past the state minimums and strive to challenge our children, parents, and staff to reach higher.
We can and must do better, our children's future depends on our actions today.

We believe that allocating resources from areas of less demand to areas of greater demand is one common sense approach to resolving needs in our schools. Federal and state mandates may preclude some reallocation, but we are still left with a sizable amount to influence.

We believe that in order to take advantage of the higher level classes at the high school, more children must be put on that track at earlier grade levels. We support Mr. Petrey's move towards emphasis on more development in the earliest grade levels. While not all children will eventually end in a calculus class in high school, we can certainly better prepare them all for post graduate success. And that benefits everyone.

We believe that the future belongs to technology.
It is absolutely essential that we recognize thechnology not as a means to an end, but as conduit through which knowledge flows. Much like the wires that flow to our houses bringing electricity, our technology investments are being made to ensure the future flow of knowledge to our children.

We believe that leveraging school fees, services, personnel decisions, safety, or infrastructure maintenance to threaten families in order to influence regular or levy elections is wrong.

Look at Today and the Future!

ON NOVEMBER 5, 2013, VOTE FOR
AS OUR NEXT TWO ELECTED BOE MEMBERS!
School District Voter

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Vote for David Bitner/Kolton Vaughn
as our next TWO board representatives!
Parents Representing Parents!
Students First/Responsible Budgeting!

We believe over taxation of the taxpayers is wrong!

We believe in supporting the amount of necessary taxation required to do the job correctly.

We believe that excess tax money in a ny government body tends to inspire creative ways to spend that money.

We believe transparency, from budgeting to policy formulation to meetings, leads to good governance in all levels of government.

Vote for Bitner/Vaughn on November 5, 2013.

visit www.SupportBoroStudents.com
Boro Future Bright

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

The Next Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you checked out this fact-based website to expand your understanding of school board candidate Mr. Stuckey?

http://www.ratemyteachers.com/dave-stuckey/22...
School District Voter

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Recently, I have received in my mail box at home flyers from both the Bitner/Vaughn school board candidates and the Malone/Stuckey/Anderson school board candidates and now have a "broad expansion of my understanding of what all of the candidates stand for." It is easy for me to see that only
two of the school board candidates, David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn, share common ground with all my beliefs; therefore,
it is the right thing for me to vote only for those candidates that I believe should come in first and second in the election of our next two school board representatives.

The flyers for both campaigns are very professional, glossy,
and informative; but the red, white and blue of the Bitner/Vaughn campaign projects fresh ideas that have allowed our district to sustain itself in an uncertain economy with NO new money required;
in contrast, the dark and gloomy Malone/Stuckey/Anderson black colors projects "re-instating Malone's status quo" and "re-defining the Role of a School Board member" and I believe that a Malone/Stuckey/Anderson controlled board will lead our school district in the direction of an identity crisis; To me that's a scary path to be avoided, because I am happy with, and have confidence in the brave new direction, in which our current board is leading our school district!

Please review the two very different paths ahead for the future of our schools and community as clearly shown in comparison of the information in the flyers for Bitner/Vaughn school board candidates VS Malone/Stuckey/Anderson candidates.

If you believe, as I do, that over taxation of the taxpayers is wrong, then please join me in voting for DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN, on November 5, as our next TWO board representatives.

Vote for Reduced Renewal Levy!
Vote for DAVID BITNER/KOLTON VAUGHN!
November 5, 2013
School District Voter

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Wow Wow Wow wrote:
Clarification please?
Please tell me why our community taxpayers generously supported a highly paid retired/rehired high school principal, Ron Malone, for 13 years; and now that he is running for school board election
on November 5, 2013, the taxpayers are learning facts about
our high school that proves Mr. Malone's inept leadership in putting our students first; and why was Mr. Malone never held
accountability for his poor performance?

It isn't easy for a private citizen to dig into these public records that are available; and then gain perspectives;
but here are a few facts, for clarification, about our high school,
under our former principal's watch-care, Ron Malone, who is
now running for school board election in a Threesome with
retired teacher David Stuckey, and former board member,
Charles Anderson ....

-According to the new 2013 ODE High School Report Card, 22% of our high school students scored 65% or below on the OGT (Ohio Graduatio Test) last year. One in Four of our students fail the State standardized test -- OMG! how could that be when we are told that 40% of our students are gifted???

OOPS! Someone is dropping the ball big time!
OMG! WHO-O-O IS accountable for this poor performance?
Could it possible our insanely popular has been a high school princiPAL, Ron Malone, who is now campaigning for school board election, pledging if elected, "to redefine the role of a school board member?"

Did You Know, and it is a fact, that up until 2011 (after
Springboro parent/board member, Kelly Kohls, made it an
issue in 2010) One in Four (23%) Springboro High school graduates could not meet the minimum competency requirements to get into Ohio State Colleges????

Did You Know, and it is a fact, that State test results show after 8 years in our district's educational system, only 32% of our children were able to score 75% or better on Ohio Achievement Assessment math tests????

Why in the world would our community vote to "re-instate" in the board room, as elected officials these TWO candidates, Ron Malone
and David Stuckey, who have a combined service in past education of 41 years and 25 years... of status quo failed practices? business as usual? Why would our community wish to go back?

Why would any voter who cares about financial sustainability and highest academic achievement for our children's 21st century education not vote for:
Parents Supporting Springboro Students First,
Maintaining Fiscal Integrity
That's what Conservative school board candidates, David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn stand for;
That's what our School Superintendent stands for;
and if you believe that you should Stand Up For Students First, please join us in voting for
Vote for Renewal Levy!
November 5, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 27,761 - 27,780 of30,581
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Xenia Discussions

Search the Xenia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
tattoo parlors 2 hr kris moore 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Samuel 17,686
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 8 hr xxxrayted 25,324
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) 12 hr worm 168
OH Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in O... (Oct '10) 12 hr squid 118
the dukes boys 14 hr sondra 1
Just wanted to 16 hr Dayton Taxpayer 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Xenia Jobs

•••
•••
•••