Our recommendation: Springboro voters...

Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

There are 31918 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#28152 Oct 22, 2013
Why did Mr. Malone, with his 41 years of excellent educational experience, never seem to exert his influence and leadership for the benefit of all the children of Springboro?

As the defacto leader of the school district, was it not his responsibility to lead in a way that would produce positive results for all students?

The High Schools That Works program audits our high school every three years. There are repeated mentions of increasing the rigor of curriculum, increasing the participation rates of our A/P classes, putting more emphasis on getting children college ready. They show up with each audit as though no one was paying attention to the recommendations.

"Documents provided to the TAV Team indicate that contrary tothe HSTW philosophy, SHS
believes that offering low~level courses is in the best interest of students.­ This belief,
however, was not substantiated by research or data."

Professional peers trying to be nice wrote that for Mr. Malone in January 2013.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxs0_xA64y_HS...

With 13 years at the helm to fix the problem, Mr. Malone opted instead to take a different tact and use his large store of influence in the community to reduce the strength of the curriculum.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#28153 Oct 22, 2013
According to Mr. Malone's performance review from Mr. Lolli it appears Mr. Malone has a difficult time following through on things the team needs accomplished. The evaluation was signed by Mr. Malone on January 30, 2012.

"Dr Malone needs to improve on getting request/job target goals to the Superintendent in a timely fashion. Examples include: Requested a schedule of events for delayed start at the beginning of the year, at semester, and last week and have yet to receive.

Also requested times and dates of all staff meetings and quarterly updates on the High Schools That Work per 2011-2012 job targets."

Even Mr. Lolli was tasking Mr. Malone to do something with the High Schools That Works recommendations in January 2012.

A year later the High Schools That Works program would be back to once again chide Mr. Malone to do something positive for the children.

Mr. Malone's response was to do nothing.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#28154 Oct 22, 2013
Also according to Mr. Lolli when he wrote Mr. Malone's evaluation, there seemed to be an issue of doing more than paper whipping job requirements.

This issue regarded staff relations:

Evaluates staff in a manner which contributes to improving their effectiveness.

"Dr Malone needs to evaluate administrators more effectively. Simply just checking all the boxes and not offering suggestions for improvements does not allow or give a fair indication of how an employee can improve on his/her effectiveness."

No wonder the staff loved him, everyone got a not so serious good evaluation on the employee report cards he so perfunctorily filled out for the benefit of procedure.
repeat

Cincinnati, OH

#28155 Oct 22, 2013
I know that there have to be many people very embarrassed about the hysteria they created around the Malone move to central office now that they find out why the board was sticking up for the students. These people; Lisa Babb, Tiffany Carlisle, Gentry Ellis, Sara Jobe Stephanie Bindeman and all, should be horrified that they participated in this disaster and Don Miller and Scott Anderson and Gene Lolli should be embarrassed for their cowardly behavior.
Our poor students had to wait another year for a new Principal, one that cared about their futures, one that cared about their learning more than the adults. Shame, Shame !!!

Shame on you all you should be crying for our students.
Some of you should be copeable for the theft of Students funds also called Booster monies.

If you are not embarrassed I am for you.

I hope the kids that were used get an apology from all of you.
Bullies in Springboro

Cincinnati, OH

#28156 Oct 22, 2013
WOW Just look at our district report card and see that we have a Big Fat "D" for gifted students progress. A "D" ladies, your fault!

The people mentioned above (Lisa Babb, Tiffany Carlisle, Gentry Ellis, Sara Jobe Stephanie Bindeman and all)also rallied, petitioned, protested this board for proposing that a legal firm check out the possibility of a conversion school inside our school to address these needs last year. Great job stupid ladies for yet again keeping our kids away from good education. WHY did you do this? I know it was absolutely, for political gain.
You lost the election and went crazy on this board. You want your union controlled bosses inside this district keeping the kids back and propelling the adult/union agenda. You all probably voted for Obama because he loves the union control just long enough to get his agenda done.

I can't look any of you in the face at church anymore. You are not good Christians. I think I will pray for you though because I am a good Christian.
Shame on the bullies in Springboro.
wow

Lebanon, OH

#28157 Oct 22, 2013
Bullies in Springboro wrote:
WOW Just look at our district report card and see that we have a Big Fat "D" for gifted students progress. A "D" ladies, your fault!
The people mentioned above (Lisa Babb, Tiffany Carlisle, Gentry Ellis, Sara Jobe Stephanie Bindeman and all)also rallied, petitioned, protested this board for proposing that a legal firm check out the possibility of a conversion school inside our school to address these needs last year. Great job stupid ladies for yet again keeping our kids away from good education. WHY did you do this? I know it was absolutely, for political gain.
You lost the election and went crazy on this board. You want your union controlled bosses inside this district keeping the kids back and propelling the adult/union agenda. You all probably voted for Obama because he loves the union control just long enough to get his agenda done.
I can't look any of you in the face at church anymore. You are not good Christians. I think I will pray for you though because I am a good Christian.
Shame on the bullies in Springboro.
Now I know why people avoid this board like the plague. Calling people stupid is not what I would call an example of a good Christian.
Bullies in Springboro

Cincinnati, OH

#28158 Oct 22, 2013
Anyone noticing that the Bitner & Vaugn signs are disappearing and getting run over?

What bully(s) are doing this? A Black SUV caddy is following the Bitner & Vaugn campaign meet and greets. Sitting outside the meeting places and snooping. Why?
Some have started to spread rumors about Bitner. Why?
This is exactly what they have done to Kohls for 4 years. Lie after lie after lie. Why? It does make me think that Bitner will be a watchdog for the kids as Kohls has been.

Kohls was the only one for two years on that school board that cared enough to take the rath of the union bullies and stay the course protecting the kids even though they constantly went around town bullying her and her family. Spreading vicious rumors and lies.
While Colston and Anderson, and Lolli and Baker and Dettwiler left because they could not stand the pressures of this community wanting accountability. Kohls stayed and took the arrows from the adults first bullies and tried to protect our kids.
I am fearful that if the protectors are not able to hang on everyone will pull their kids out. Can't say I blame them.
This Rant is Old

Cleveland, OH

#28159 Oct 22, 2013
Anyone noticing that the Bitner & Vaugn signs are disappearing and getting run over?
What bully(s) are doing this? A Black SUV caddy is following the Bitner & Vaugn campaign meet and greets. Sitting outside the meeting places and snooping. Why?
Some have started to spread rumors about Bitner. Why?
This is exactly what they have done to Kohls for 4 years. Lie after lie after lie. Why? It does make me think that Bitner will be a watchdog for the kids as Kohls has been.
Kohls was the only one for two years on that school board that cared enough to take the rath of the union bullies and stay the course protecting the kids even though they constantly went around town bullying her and her family. Spreading vicious rumors and lies.
While Colston and Anderson, and Lolli and Baker and Dettwiler left because they could not stand the pressures of this community wanting accountability. Kohls stayed and took the arrows from the adults first bullies and tried to protect our kids.
I am fearful that if the protectors are not able to hang on everyone will pull their kids out. Can't say I blame them.
Maybe we should call your Mommy to come make those evil bad people"weave her wittle girl awone." If Mrs, Kohls was so tough you would think she would quit bellyaching all the time. She isn't running for anything I can tell.
War of Words

Akron, OH

#28160 Oct 22, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I know why people avoid this board like the plague. Calling people stupid is not what I would call an example of a good Christian.
why not, wow......? if the glove "fits".........

perhaps your "example of a good Christian" would be a Springboro High School Double Dipper Employee huddled with friends in the church hallway, bearing false witness against Three Good Elected Officials, who were just doing their jobs within legal guidelines of board by-laws and policices and state laws?

(btw -- bearing false witness in Christian Speak is spreading big lies about innocent people.)
War of Words

Akron, OH

#28161 Oct 22, 2013
This Rant is Old wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we should call your Mommy to come make those evil bad people"weave her wittle girl awone." If Mrs, Kohls was so tough you would think she would quit bellyaching all the time. She isn't running for anything I can tell.
... you mean like old man malone's ranting, running through the high school hallways and classrooms, disrupting the high school students taking the OGT to "bellyache" to his Kids that the evil old Springboro Three was trying to push him out of a job;
and that the kids had to "gather their mommies and daddies" and put on their black tee shirts and pre-arrange a big hissy fit, call the newspapers, and protest board authority of offering
this insanely popular principal a big job promotion, challenging
him to assume more responsibility to our Students First academic needs? Is that the bellyaching that you mean by "This Rant Is Old?"
This Rant is Old

Cleveland, OH

#28162 Oct 22, 2013
War of Words wrote:
<quoted text>
... you mean like old man malone's ranting, running through the high school hallways and classrooms, disrupting the high school students taking the OGT to "bellyache" to his Kids that the evil old Springboro Three was trying to push him out of a job;
and that the kids had to "gather their mommies and daddies" and put on their black tee shirts and pre-arrange a big hissy fit, call the newspapers, and protest board authority of offering
him to assume more responsibility to our Students First academic needs? Is that the bellyaching that you mean by "This Rant Is Old?"
Yes Madame Kohls, both of you are two pees in a pod.
War of Words

Akron, OH

#28163 Oct 22, 2013
This Rant is Old wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Madame Kohls, both of you are two pees in a pod.
This War of Words posting is not by the name of Madame Kohls.

However, I have noticed that CCFD union member, Chris Vecchi,
has stolen the last name Kohls to post lies, ranting on this topix blog, distorting the good service of an elected official, in his efforts empower the school board campaign of old man Malone.
Not a very Christian-like thing to do to our highly respected and
greatly accomplished BOE president; not very professional, but
very stupid and criminal.
Bullies in Springboro

Cincinnati, OH

#28164 Oct 22, 2013
This Rant is Old wrote:
<quoted text>
This is only from the gang of bullies. Wow! you need a redoo day of your own. Maybe you should start taking those little pills again that help you feel better.
good Christian

Cincinnati, OH

#28165 Oct 22, 2013
War of Words wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember he did this at his Church too. He asked everyone to pray for his sadness and pain and torcher. I was truly worried until I saw the light. Those poor kids. Were they used like the church was?
I have to ask

Cincinnati, OH

#28166 Oct 22, 2013
War of Words wrote:
<quoted text>
My kids came home and told me they got out of class so they could clap for Malone as he walked the hallways. I asked if they were asked if they wanted to do this and they said NO. It was all videotaped. What does the bible say about worshiping false gods?

I have to go watch the video of the board meeting where Mrs Malone gives a speech about how great this false god really is.

All the while Lisa, Stephanie, Tiffy, Sara Jobe and the rest stand up and applaud never knowing what the truth was but, really did not even care either. I guess they don;t care about the truth they are truly sheeple.

Would one of you get a brain cell and do a little homework before you get on a rally, petition, bandwagon?
If anyone caused the "CONTROVERSY" in Springboro it is these people that called the press whenever they had a fictional, manufactured dumb--- moment.

BTW saw you at the meet and greet last night and you were your usual self serving, ignorant busybody. Stop stalking.
soil on SEA hands

Cleveland, OH

#28167 Oct 22, 2013
Anyone noticing that the Bitner & Vaughn signs are disappearing and getting run over?

What bully(s) are doing this?
Yeah, I've been noticing some of this same thing.
Without a doubt this is the cowardly work of fear-filled union groupies.

"We fear things in proportion to our ignorance of them."

- Christian Nestell Bovee
My Name is the Message

Miamisburg, OH

#28168 Oct 22, 2013
Wonder if Lisa still loves Malone. She was one of his groupies for years and then he passes her up for Stuckey that has to hurt. It’s funny she is not his endorsement page, oh wait Agenbroad is. Wait was he moderate that debate, I’m sure that would have been a fair debate. Good thing Bitner and Vaughn could see that setup. Hey, Babb you may be in the wrong camp they will use you until they throw you out like the trash. Who is next, Jobe, Tiffy, Stephanie, the students? Hey Malone, what’s your message?

“I’m Ron Malone, that’s all you need to know! I don’t have to have a message. My Super name will get me in the office!”
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#28169 Oct 22, 2013
Inexperience wrote:
HOW WOULD AN INEXPERIENCED SCHOOL BOARD MIS-USE OUR CHILDREN'S FIRST BUDGETING SCHOOL TAX DOLLARS?
I don't think Mr. Petroni or Mr Rigano would qualify as inexperienced, Mr. Anderson has successfully run a business for a number of years. Mr. Bitner and Mr. Vaughn have both been gainfully employed for over twenty years in the private sector as opposed to the public sector so they know what it takes to keep a job. Inexperienced?

The only inexperienced people we have running are the two who were teachers for 40 years in the public school system. They were never held accountable for anything.

Lose a million dollars because you did not provide any oversight over a support group you endorsed, no big deal the taxpayers will make up the difference.

Students not getting as good an education as they should, the taxpayers will never know I will just shout about how we have 93% above PROFICIENT.

Your boss tells you he wants a report now, and you ignore him week in and week out, big deal what's he going to do in the public school system.

As a manager you fail to provide any feed back on evaluations and everyone is remarkably satisfactory, no big deal you are a manager in the public sector where you face no repercussions for your actions.

Unless they were caught having sex with students, they had no reason to fear dismissal or loss of job regardless of their performance. When was the last time this district fired anyone from a teaching position for poor performance?

Compare that rigid standard to the one the average taxpayer sees at work each day in the private sector.

Inexperienced and union led, great combination if you are looking for a cliff to go over.

Vote Anderson, Bitner, and Vaughn

Vote Bitner-Vaughn

Akron, OH

#28170 Oct 22, 2013
How would a union controlled school board use
your tax dollars?

If You Don't Want to Know...

Vote November 5th for the only two conservative

Non-Union Students First/Responsible Budgeting

school board candidates, who should be our next

two elected school board representatives.

Our children's future depends up on it.

VOTE NOVEMBER 5th
DAVID BITNER/KOLTON VAUGHN
PARENTS REPRESENTING PARENTS
WORKING TOGETHER, BRINGING TOGETHER
OUR SCHOOL COMMUNITY OF EMPLOYEES AND
OUR COMMUNITY OF TAXPAYERS...

... In the direction of unity!
Even after plans to invest millions in technology, curriculum, buildings and buses, and even after
providing every employee with raises, our current board's Children's First Budgeting is financially prepared to give something back to the taxpayer...

... to give back to the community by reducing the tax burden for all Springboro families...

... the renwal levy on the ballot in November will be set at a lower mileage rate to reduce taxes generated by that levy by nearly 15 percent!

VOTE BITNER-VAUGHN
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY/HIGHEST ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT
A WINNING TICKET FOR ALL!
Vote Bitner-Vaughn

Akron, OH

#28171 Oct 22, 2013
For too long, the Springboro district appeared to work very well, but it lacked clear direction. With no plan for textbooks, technology, capital improvements, buses and more, there was no larger course charted for our schools. There was no common sense.

Our current board's common sense leadership approach does not strip the district of its traditions or diversity. It does not ignore
it's accomplishments and honors, including "Excellent with Distrinction." It simply gives us a unifying direction that extends beyond any individual building or year.

Last year, in August 2012, Mr. Petrey was employed as our new school superintendent, stating in a
DDN article: "Where the board's at right now is wanting the highest academic achievement and fiscal responsibility. That's what I stand for.
Sometimes conflict creates the best plans and that's what's going to happen in Springboro."

Fresh ideas have allowed our district to sustain itself in an uncertain economy with NO new money required. Under our current board's leadership, our school district is meeting and exceeding state mandates as well as local expectations; building a technology backbone, investing in computers, curriculum, buses and buildings -- PUTTING OUR CHILDREN FIRST!

If you agree with putting Children First,

VOTE ON NOVEMBER 5th for our only Two
Children First School Board Candidates,
DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN...
who should be elected as our next Two
school board representatives!
LISTENING, WORKING TOGETHER,
CHALLENGING THE STATUS QUO WHERE NEED BE...
AND THAT'S A GOOD THING....In the direction
of sustainability!

VOTE YES! YES! NOVEMBER 5th FOR
DAVID BITNER AND KOLTON VAUGHN!
A winning ticket for all students, parents, teachers, school employees, and community
taxpayers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Is Trump a national security threat?" 16 hr The Duke of Hazard 17
don't waste your time or gas applying at Fuyao. (Jan '15) 18 hr Sinclairbroadcast... 82
D.P.&L. Sucks! 20 hr The Duke of Hazard 6
Why Donald Trump is hated in Scotland... 20 hr Literature Lover 1
News Inmates caught in Ohio following 'Shawshank' st... Thu wichita-rick 3
Andy's Dean's "America Now" cancelled! (Jul '14) Thu The Duke of Hazard 42
The lawyers will rake in the loot with the dron... Jun 22 The New Cool Warrior 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Xenia Mortgages