Our recommendation: Springboro voters...

Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

There are 31883 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

lol

Akron, OH

#27745 Oct 7, 2013
poundsand wrote:
<quoted text>
let me fix that for you...
Malone/Stuckey/Anderson for UNIONS FIRST + SEA = MORE LEVIE$$$!!
new levies for SEA?.... not in MY community!
lol

Akron, OH

#27746 Oct 7, 2013
..@ode to B V

looks like that has been principal ron's kids are at it again!... kids say the darndest things.
lol

Akron, OH

#27747 Oct 7, 2013
The ONLY way to Vote wrote:
<quoted text>
Malone/Stuckey/Anderson for school!!
The ONLY way to Vote for Malone/Stuckey/Anderson is
the WRONG way.... for our school children's future education.
Union Trashing and Hacks

Lebanon, OH

#27748 Oct 7, 2013
No debate means No choice wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like the debate(s) would be the time to do it. But as long as certain candidates are unwilling to even be involved with anything SEA, that won't happen. Kind of makes you think that if they can't even be involved in a debate with the other candidates and a moderatior chosen by the people (he is the mayor) then they have no business being on the school board where dealing with the teachers union is mandatory.
Also we made the YouTube circuit...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =eln9uVOBWqUXX
I'd just like to have a board that could keep us out of the media!
Another union trash job filled with outright lied, innuendo, half truth, and a general lack of integrity. I especially like the part about defunding sports, no mention of the reduction of pay to play fees to 1/3 of what the union levy firsters foisted upon us. They mention the boosters and PTOs being disbanded rather than noting ultra lax accounting standards lost the boosters over a $1,000,,000. And how everyone is abandoning Springboro, maybe she didn't read the DDN article that said that was not the case and Springboro was still a hot property
The mayor collected $50,000 from out of town Washington DC lawyers, law firms representing unions, and unions themselves for a mayoral race that saw him unopposed. That might make him neutral in the union eyes but he is no unbiased moderator.
MY Community

Girard, OH

#27749 Oct 8, 2013
lol wrote:
..@ode to B V
looks like that has been principal ron's kids are at it again!... kids say the darndest things.
ALL of Ron's kids, and their parents. ADD IT UP!!!!!!!
Lurker

Englewood, OH

#27750 Oct 8, 2013
Malone/Stuckey/Anderson also participated in the League of Women Voter's forum. The other 2 were no shows. Don't try to tell me this was a partisan forum!

http://mvcc.pegcentral.com/player.php...
choice

Springboro, OH

#27751 Oct 8, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have capable employees who do the job they are hired to do, that works great. When you have employees such as a high school principal who files unflattering portraits of his high school deep in the back side of a file cabinet, you need someone to manage that individual a little more closely.
When you have people who allow others to steal from the high schools programs for years on end, that person needs a manager.
When you have a leader of a high school that makes the conscious decision to dumb down the curriculum and add fun electives at the expense of core courses, that man needs some management guidance.
The morale of the story would be that good employees seldom need to interact with their management more than necessary, while those employees that are struggling to do the right thing need more supervision, not less.
I wonder where Mr. Malone fell on that scale?
Yes, employees need a manager....in the schools its called the Superintendent.
No debate means No choice

Xenia, OH

#27752 Oct 8, 2013
truth to power wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're afraid of media cameras? What's wrong? Is it that your face look good on camera?
I recommend you make a serious attempt to reach for every ounce of common sense you were born with so that you're strong enough to resist the array of left wing lies and propaganda that are deeply embedded in the Olentangy youtube you posted.
Wow, people were right. Alot of hate going on around here. Exactly what's everyone so intimidated/scared of? You make one feel like if they don't think like you do then they are wrong. I thought everyone was entitled to their own opinion in this country. I thought here was a place where there could be a debate about the issues and no personal attacks. Guess I was wrong. Nice way to spread the word and have your thoughts heard. Wasn't it our BOE president that said she would stop listening once she heard a negative tone?

My inquiry still stands. How can anyone make a choice when they don't hear all candidates? Even Republicans show up to debates done by the liberal media. They know the power of the debate. The ability not just to answer questions but ask them as well. Also, with 3 seats up and only 2 candidates to choose from (according to this site) won't one of the other three get the third seat?

I would also suggest that people here check their tone and try to remember that we are all concerned members of the commuity. This kind of hate speak is what is tearing the Republican party apart.
Question Everything

Akron, OH

#27753 Oct 8, 2013
Why is further debate needed on the campaign key issue of the union school board candidates,
Ron Malone, David Stuckey, Charles Anderson?

Ron Malone has publicly acknowledged that his 41 years of past experience in education is not a good FIT with our school district's financial plan for our students first/responsible budgeting quality classroom education.

Isn't the choice simple?

We have only two non-union school board candidates
David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn, who are Parents Representing Parents.... VS our union school board candidates, Ron Malone and David Stuckey, who are Representing the SEA President, Scott Maney.......

Why would anyone who cares about the future of our schools and community NOT stay the course and VOTE for David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn, who are a perfect FIT with our current board's successful children's first budgeting plan?
reality

Girard, OH

#27754 Oct 8, 2013
Synchronistic Wanderings wrote:
How can people make a decision by only hearing some of the candidates debate? What candidates don't want to have a voice? I guess it's like mom said, "If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say anything at all."
You're joking, right? The typical Joe and Jane Parent here in Boro doesn't ever bother to show up for school board meetings. So what makes you think these same apathic parents would care enough to show up for a school board candidates debate?

Of the parents that do attend board meetings, around 90-95% of them have strong union ties somewhere in their family, or else they've been hopelessly suckered into the SEA mantra - "O pity us poor teachers" - a mantra designed to perpetually win over community sympathy.

The rest of the story is the NEA OEA and SEA will then use the (then) brainwashed community to help further liberalize public school curriculum to better match the idealogies of left wingers and domestic terrorists like Bill Ayers, Harry Reid, Al Gore and of course, YOUR President of the United States, Mr. Barack Hussein Obama
truth to power

Girard, OH

#27755 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Wow, people were right. Alot of hate going on around here. Exactly what's everyone so intimidated/scared of? You make one feel like if they don't think like you do then they are wrong. I thought everyone was entitled to their own opinion in this country. I thought here was a place where there could be a debate about the issues and no personal attacks. Guess I was wrong. Nice way to spread the word and have your thoughts heard. Wasn't it our BOE president that said she would stop listening once she heard a negative tone?
My inquiry still stands. How can anyone make a choice when they don't hear all candidates? Even Republicans show up to debates done by the liberal media. They know the power of the debate. The ability not just to answer questions but ask them as well. Also, with 3 seats up and only 2 candidates to choose from (according to this site) won't one of the other three get the third seat?
I would also suggest that people here check their tone and try to remember that we are all concerned members of the commuity. This kind of hate speak is what is tearing the Republican party apart.
If you sincerely desire for this thread to have better "tone", you should have closely examined the HATEFUL TONE of the left-wing biased youtube before you made a conscious decision to post it.
Synchronistic Wanderings

Xenia, OH

#27756 Oct 8, 2013
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
You're joking, right? The typical Joe and Jane Parent here in Boro doesn't ever bother to show up for school board meetings. So what makes you think these same apathic parents would care enough to show up for a school board candidates debate?
Of the parents that do attend board meetings, around 90-95% of them have strong union ties somewhere in their family, or else they've been hopelessly suckered into the SEA mantra - "O pity us poor teachers" - a mantra designed to perpetually win over community sympathy.
The rest of the story is the NEA OEA and SEA will then use the (then) brainwashed community to help further liberalize public school curriculum to better match the idealogies of left wingers and domestic terrorists like Bill Ayers, Harry Reid, Al Gore and of course, YOUR President of the United States, Mr. Barack Hussein Obama
'No debate' is right. The hate here is incredible. What a turn off. I'm starting to understand the reputation this blog has had in the community and why it has it. Do any of you step off of the mountain to walk amoung "common folk"? Guess we just aren't good enough for the likes of you. Get over yourselves, the community has. I was trying to find a non-partison place to base my decision on for school board and have an intelligent discussion. Guess I should look elsewhere. By the way, I care enough to show up at a debate and since those who vote will most likely be inclined to show up too, it would behove those who want their voice heard to be at the debate and speak, not hiding here in an obviously partison blog.
No debate means No choice

Xenia, OH

#27757 Oct 8, 2013
truth to power wrote:
<quoted text>
If you sincerely desire for this thread to have better "tone", you should have closely examined the HATEFUL TONE of the left-wing biased youtube before you made a conscious decision to post it.
I simply brought up that it was out there. I have nothing to do with the "tone" of the clip, just trying to show how the community is being viewed elsewhere. Why is everything a war around here? Everything is left or right. That's not the way the world is.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#27758 Oct 8, 2013
Lurker wrote:
Malone/Stuckey/Anderson also participated in the League of Women Voter's forum. The other 2 were no shows. Don't try to tell me this was a partisan forum!
http://mvcc.pegcentral.com/player.php...
League of Women Voter's policy, no one will mistake this for middle of the road.

Anyone in the crowd care to define social and economic justice for us all?

Social Policy Advocacy

The league works to "secure equal rights and equal opportunity for all, to promote social and economic justice, and to secure the health and safety of all Americans," yet has previously opposed lowering the voting age.

The league has worked on a broad range of activities under the rubric of "Social Policy" including ending racial discrimination, providing equal access to quality education, fair housing, health care, and gun control.

The League of Women Voters of the United States supports the abolition of the death penalty.

The League celebrated the success of the Affordable Care Act.

The League supports a general income tax increase to finance national health care reform for the inclusion of reproductive health care, including abortion, in any health benefits package.

The League strongly opposed the passage of the Partial-Birth Abortion Act.

The League actively opposed welfare reform legislation proposed in the 104th Congress.

Persons who are unable to work, whose earnings are inadequate or for whom jobs are not available have the right to an income and/or services sufficient to meet their basic needs for food, shelter and access to health care.
—National Board, January 1989

The League advocates affirmative action programs for minorities and women and opposes private school vouchers.

The League supports a system for unauthorized (illegal) immigrants already in the country to earn legal status, including citizenship.

The League could support deficit spending, if necessary, for stimulating the economy and opposes across-the-board federal spending cuts except for reductions in defense spending.

The League opposes a balanced budget constitutional amendment.

The League of Women Voters of the United States believes that the proliferation of handguns and semi-automatic assault weapons in the United States is a major health and safety threat to its citizens. The League supports strong federal measures to limit the accessibility and regulate the ownership of these weapons by private citizens. The League supports regulating firearms for consumer safety and supports licensing procedures for gun ownership by private citizens to include a waiting period for background check, personal identity verification, gun safety education and annual license renewal.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#27759 Oct 8, 2013
League of Women Voter's non partisan, I think we put the lie to that claim.
tellthetruth

Cleveland, OH

#27760 Oct 8, 2013
So, what ever happen to Chris Vecchi, the CCFD assistant chief who posed as Kelly Kohls to try and get their 4.5 million dollar fire levy passed this past May? Is he in jail? Do you think the fire dhief put him put to this or did ED WADE and DALE LAMB? Think about it!
Keep It Simple

Akron, OH

#27761 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I simply brought up that it was out there. I have nothing to do with the "tone" of the clip, just trying to show how the community is being viewed elsewhere. Why is everything a war around here? Everything is left or right. That's not the way the world is.
Everything around here is not a war; nor is everything around here left or right.

Everything around here is Union First gaining control and power over our school tax dollars VS Staying the Course with our successful Children's First Budgeting....

No Debate About it...No turning back...

VOTE FOR DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN -- November 5, 2013
Students First/Responsible Budgeting
A Win-Win Ticket for all our students and their families,
all our school employees, and all taxpayers!
We have it all!

BUT, remember, the union school board candidates, Ron Malone- David Stuckey-Charles Anderson ONLY represent our SEA President, Scott Maney, who WANTS more, more, more... and plans to take it ALL if voters elect a Union-Controlled Board of Education.
Same Old Boro

Dayton, OH

#27762 Oct 8, 2013
I have lived here since 1996. In the county since 1975. Springboro has always, and will always be, the same old Boro crowd. The have and the want to haves...BLAME THE UNION!!! no no, BLAME THE RIGHT WING WHACKO'S...Both sides are out of touch with anyone with common sense values. One side believes that ALL public servants should act and behave as servants. Be seen and not heard. Act like good little servants and we will throw you a bone now and again. Then there are the liberal thinkers...(is that possible)...Give us the gold and we shall share it throughout the land. We will take from all of the rich and teach how God has no place in our public lives.....If anyone is to take anything on this forum as serious debate then all of the name calling and national political posturing has to stop. I like Malone, not sure about stuckey, and Anderson is a NO. Kull is okay, and Bitner...well who the hell is he? As long as our school board respects the employees, the parents and the students enough to permit quality education without breaking the tax payers bank to do so is okay with me. When you get out there and want to bring a political agenda to the school district and focus non education issues upon the students and staff then that is a bad thing. Everyone, and I mean everyone should go thank Dr. David Baker for the condition and mistrust of the people. He lied and built his lies so tall that they had to fall. Then comes along Red headed Mary and her tea drinkers with their right wing force feeding....hopefully the school district can get members to work together to strengthen the school district and continue the excellence that has been a very good public education for the students in the area. I vote for Malone, Kull, and to be determined. Attend the debates and questions and answers.
Unionized War of Words

Akron, OH

#27763 Oct 8, 2013
tellthetruth wrote:
So, what ever happen to Chris Vecchi, the CCFD assistant chief who posed as Kelly Kohls to try and get their 4.5 million dollar fire levy passed this past May? Is he in jail? Do you think the fire dhief put him put to this or did ED WADE and DALE LAMB? Think about it!
Resolution No. 4457 dated October 8, 2013

As a matter of agreement

The Employee acknowledges that he has been accused of violating
Ohio Reivsed Code Section 2913.42 for allegedly posting on Topix.com as if he were another person. Clearcreek Township Police Chief John Terrill has advised that he has concluded his investigation and ....

NO CRIMINAL CHARGES WILL BE PURSUED AGAINST THE EMPLOYEE.

(For full record you can check with your Clearcreek Township Administrator, Dennis Pickett, for complete details of agreement).
Keep It Simple

Akron, OH

#27764 Oct 8, 2013
Same Old Boro wrote:
I have lived here since 1996. In the county since 1975. Springboro has always, and will always be, the same old Boro crowd. The have and the want to haves...BLAME THE UNION!!! no no, BLAME THE RIGHT WING WHACKO'S...Both sides are out of touch with anyone with common sense values. One side believes that ALL public servants should act and behave as servants. Be seen and not heard. Act like good little servants and we will throw you a bone now and again. Then there are the liberal thinkers...(is that possible)...Give us the gold and we shall share it throughout the land. We will take from all of the rich and teach how God has no place in our public lives.....If anyone is to take anything on this forum as serious debate then all of the name calling and national political posturing has to stop. I like Malone, not sure about stuckey, and Anderson is a NO. Kull is okay, and Bitner...well who the hell is he? As long as our school board respects the employees, the parents and the students enough to permit quality education without breaking the tax payers bank to do so is okay with me. When you get out there and want to bring a political agenda to the school district and focus non education issues upon the students and staff then that is a bad thing. Everyone, and I mean everyone should go thank Dr. David Baker for the condition and mistrust of the people. He lied and built his lies so tall that they had to fall. Then comes along Red headed Mary and her tea drinkers with their right wing force feeding....hopefully the school district can get members to work together to strengthen the school district and continue the excellence that has been a very good public education for the students in the area. I vote for Malone, Kull, and to be determined. Attend the debates and questions and answers.
Enough with the pious sermonizing.

Kull is not running for Springboro school board election.

Malone has told community voters that his past experience does not FIT with the financial/academic realities of our students first 21st century education....

No debate about it; Only David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn FIT the needs of our school children and community voters with their "already on board" winning agenda of Students First/Responsible Budgeting!
Increased pay for ALL School employees/Slight Reduction in Renewal Levy for ALL Springboro families/taxpayers!
Stay the Course in 2013!

Vote November 5, 2013 for non-union school board candidates,
DAVID BITNER - KOLTON VAUGHN!
It's a Win-Win Ticket for a quality classroom education, keeping our schools and community both safe and affordable!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr I hate taggers 20,108
maternity care new to area 17 hr newbymom 3
Ohio's bitchin' politicians... 18 hr Fan of Leon The Man 1
R.I.P. My 1997 SONY fat-screen TV 19 hr The Duke of Hazard 1
why do white people smell like wet dogs? (Oct '14) Tue THE DOCTOR IS IN 17
Today's Leon Harrison Quotation Tue Leon Harrison 32
"Our ITTs can't compete with their H-1Bs" Aug 30 Leon Harrison 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Xenia Mortgages