Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments
27,081 - 27,100 of 31,190 Comments Last updated 23 hrs ago
motor voter

Mason, OH

#27577 Sep 27, 2013
The current board advocates the teachings of the Institute of the Constitution. They push 911 conspiracy theories. Kohls endorsed that organization in the last board meeting.
reality

Girard, OH

#27578 Sep 27, 2013
motor voter wrote:
The current board advocates the teachings of the Institute of the Constitution. They push 911 conspiracy theories. Kohls endorsed that organization in the last board meeting.
I'll gladly take Kohls Petroni and Rigano over any school board candidate nominated by the NEA, OEA and SEA all of which share a common philosophy of condoning and/or pardoning American terrorists of the body and of the mind, such as Bill Ayers, the keynote speaker at the Jan 2013 Association of Teacher Educators (A.T.E) conference in Atlanta GA.
Uno Voter

Akron, OH

#27579 Sep 27, 2013
motor voter wrote:
I disagree with your distortions of our current board's leadership.
The current board is not pushing theories.
Our current board is leading our school district in the direction of common sense and fiscal responsibility.
And that's exactly where our Springboro families and taxpayer homeowners choose to be. There will be no turning back, no matter if bad and ugly politics of personal destruction against good leadership is continued....
Uh Oh

Lebanon, OH

#27580 Sep 27, 2013
motor voter wrote:
Mr. Malone advocates the dumbing down of our curriculum so our children appear smarter than the state tests demonstrate. He not only endorsed it for our kids, he instituted the program. Who did it really benefit? Certainly not the kids.
Ask Ron Malone

Akron, OH

#27581 Sep 27, 2013
Uh Oh wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Malone advocates the dumbing down of our curriculum so our children appear smarter than the state tests demonstrate. He not only endorsed it for our kids, he instituted the program. Who did it really benefit? Certainly not the kids.
In the May 2013 issue of the magazine Springboro Life, editor Jill Kelley presents a two-page interview with Ron Malone, Springboro High School principal, who has been with the district for 13 years and is now retired; and a November 2013 school board candidate.

Ms. Kelley asks Ron Malone:
What do you think of the future of education?

Mr. Malone responds:
"Education today seems to be narrowing its focus to emphasize core courses: math, science, language arts. I'm a strong believer in broad based education; in high school especially. Offering a wide variety of courses and experiences might spark different interests in students that chould help them in college and beyond."

Isn't Mr. Malone telling us that he believes in quantity of courses vs quality of educational courses?

...doesn't offering a wide variety of courses require increased staff and increased pay for union teachers in every classroom; which in turn yields increased union dues; turning bigger profits to the teachers union, with a re-emphasis on the dollar value of the "educator?"

Isn't this narrow tunnel vision that Ron Malone has for the
future of education focused on job security and increased pay for educators, instead of a quality classroom education for all students, while living within our children's first budget framework of success?
poundsand

Dayton, OH

#27582 Sep 27, 2013
motor voter wrote:
Go away, Troll.
Surprise

Dayton, OH

#27583 Sep 27, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
http://education.ohio.gov/geta ttachment/Topics/Testing/Stati stical-Summaries-and-Item-Anal ysis-Reports/May-2013-OAA-Stat istical-Summary-2.pdf.aspx
You can look it up yourself if you so desire.
Don't want to debate but must be a good job since former JH principal was put in charge of all curriculum 7-12.
truth to power

Girard, OH

#27584 Sep 27, 2013
Uh Oh wrote:
<quoted text>
For one moment, let's be fair to Ron Malone.

In its OAA and OGT tests at various grade levels, the State of Ohio has done nothing but consistently lower students "proficient" threshold. Why? This lowering of the bar has largely been all about a pathetic attempt in Columbus to bolster the egos of educators and administrators of many lesser-performing districts statewide.

...58,... 59,... 60! One minute! Time's up!

During his final years as principal of SHS, why didn't Ron Malone step forward to speak up about how the state of Ohio has been lowering the bar of standards for Boro's children? For what reason would this "insanely popular" former principal keep his mouth shut about something that has so much of an effect on our childrens futures? While Malone has been busy keeping his mouth clamped shut, the truth about our children's plight has been craftfully revealed by our school board, as well as well informed citizens including Doug W.

Thanks for nothing, Mr. Malone! You may have indeed won the student popularity contest. But, in terms of genuinely providing support for Boro's students, you have LOST.
motorvoter

Mason, OH

#27585 Sep 27, 2013
Uno Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am not dumb. I am SMART enough to recognize that I don't know it all; and EDUCATED enough to listen to, and learn from, differing opinions presented to our community during our public school board meetings.
I do remember that choices on teaching the Constitution were presented; and I do remember in public meeting that school teacher Gail Dauber expressed her concerns during public board meeting; and I do remember that she was encouraged to attend the board policy committee meeting, so that the board could listen to her concerns.
And I do know that our elected board policy committee members can be trusted to work with our curriculum director/staff to share in making decisions that are in the best interest of our students' best curriculum; and that our teachers' input and views are priority in the work of our current board representatives.
It appears to me that motorvoter is more interested in discreded the good work being done by our current board; than being interested in the best curriculum choices for our students.
It is all about the kids best education, is it not?
This is just a bunch of babble. The school board's idea of the best curriculum includes classes on the Constitution taught by a person who is not remotely educated in this area (Ricki, who also markets her own miracle diet) from an organization - the Institute on the Constitution - that consistently promotes 911 conspiracy theories.

Aren't embarrassed of this?
motorvoter

Mason, OH

#27586 Sep 27, 2013
poundsand wrote:
<quoted text>
Go away, Troll.
That's actually the best argument I've heard regarding the evidence that I've brought up that the board-supported Institute on the Constitution is full of 911 truther conspiracists.
truth to power

Girard, OH

#27587 Sep 27, 2013
motorvoter wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just a bunch of babble. The school board's idea of the best curriculum includes classes on the Constitution taught by a person who is not remotely educated in this area (Ricki, who also markets her own miracle diet) from an organization - the Institute on the Constitution - that consistently promotes 911 conspiracy theories.
motorvotor obviously represents yet another hapless lemming that follows today's liberal educator doctrine, which is...

"You must NEVER question or debate what is printed in those textbooks! Consider your textbooks' pages as being lined in gold leaf!".
motorvoter

Cincinnati, OH

#27588 Sep 27, 2013
truth to power wrote:
<quoted text>
motorvotor obviously represents yet another hapless lemming that follows today's liberal educator doctrine, which is...
"You must NEVER question or debate what is printed in those textbooks! Consider your textbooks' pages as being lined in gold leaf!".
There is no "liberal educator doctrine" that says that.

So, apparently you - like the Institute on the Constitution - believe that it's acceptable to question whether the Bush administration perpetrated 911. There's really no room for dumb, indecent conspiracy theories like that in rational debate, whether coming from the liberals, conservatives or moderates.
lol in boro

Akron, OH

#27589 Sep 27, 2013
motorvoter wrote:
<quoted text>
...so funny! resulting again to personal attacks instead of sticking to the issues!

For Sure, all it would have taken (to wipe out this pious liberal conspiracy of being embarrassed by it all) was a supplemental contract offered to a union teacher! Isn't that really what this is all about? The insecurity of the unionized teacher, and the greed of wanting the entire community dependent upon drinking only from the fountain of unionized knowledge inside our schools, with only a union teacher in every classroom?
That's just pathetic! And, oh yeah, very narrow minded!
No Turning Back

Akron, OH

#27590 Sep 27, 2013
Students First wrote:
Topix post on this thread from September 28th 2011, just over five weeks before the last school board election...
<quoted text>
- EXACTLY two years later, because of a ton of hard work from both the board and administration, the economic outlook of Springboro Schools has never been better.
- EXACTLY two years later, because of a ton of hard from both the board and administration, Boro's school children now have many items and services that were long overdue due.
Such items and services include:
$1.1 million for an 11 additional new buses bought 10 last year.
$1.5 million in computers, wifi, backbone, which = 350 laptops and 1,000 computers
$3.7 million in capital improvements
$2.4 million in text books and new curriculum and text book adoptions
This level of infrastructure and curriculum support improvement would have been next to impossible with the prior board's history of grievous budget inaccuracies.
- EXACTLY two years later, because of a ton of hard work from both our board and administration, this district's voters are being asked to renew the prior millage, BUT WITH A 15% ROLLBACK TO THE TAXPAYERS!!
- EXACTLY two years later. What ever happened to those summer of 2011 voices who desperately tried to take Petroni apart because he and his wife home schools?
News flash: The shoe is now on the other foot.
http://www.supportborostudents.com/
Vote Nov 5th for David Bitner & Kolton Vaughn
Let's stay focused on the strengths and accomplishments of our school district and keep moving ahead in the direction of common sense and fiscal responsibility!
motorvoter

Cincinnati, OH

#27591 Sep 27, 2013
It's rather pathetic that Jim Rigano invokes 911 to push his extreme right-wing views on religion in politics, apparently derived in part from the fantasies in the materials provided to him by the Institute on the Constitution.

He does this at 057:00 here:
www.youtube.com/watch...

That's certainly disgusting in and of itself, but it's especially offensive (and just dumb) because the Institute on Constitution pushes the theory that 911 was an inside job - that is, that the Bush administration, the Armed Forces, the fire department, police department, etc. orchestrated 911. This is just the most disgusting and stupid conspiracy theory, as it's offensive to the survivors of 911 and others who were traumatized by 911, and EVERY SINGLE CLAIM of these disgusting extremists has been immediately refuted.

To wit:

1. Pastor David Whitney, one of the chief figures of the Institute on the Constitution, happily appeared on a 911 conspiracy podcast:
visibility911.libsyn.com/2006/06
In fact, starting at 54:00, he seems to endorse those who believe that the New World Order did 911, stating that "tyrants of the world have a plan for our country" ... "911 was a big piece in moving that plan forward."
Also, if you listen to it, you'll note that the conspiracy nut hosting the podcast is one of the hosts for the Institute on the Constitution.

2. They published an article by Paul Craig Roberts, in which he repeats his belief that the government's account of 911 is the conspiracy theory: archive.theamericanview.com/index.php...
Paul Craig Roberts is a well-known conspiracist in the 911 Truther community: www.informationclearinghouse.info/article1456...

3. John Lofton, another chief figure at the Institute on the Constitution, led an angry podcast denouncing a very fair ABC News report on 911 Truthers:
archive.theamericanview.com/index.php...
There are some gems here:
10:00 - states that the ABC reporter who did a fair report on Truthers should be ashamed of himself
15:35 - "what really happened on 911"
16:20 - government is pushing a coverup
25:50 - ABC involved in a massive cover-up
33:30 - had interviewed Richard Gage, the most prolific proponent of the controlled demolition silliness
34:30 - when speaking of the Gage CD, indicates that the 911 truther claims are legitimate
36:10 - repeats the nanothermetic dust claim, which is supposedly evidence for explosives (but all of the evidence is laughable)
42:00 - doubts if we can even know that bin Laden ordered the attack, because he can't understand whatever language bin Laden speaks

4. When you purchase the "Constitution host kit" from the Institute on the Constitution - apparently the place where the otherwise uneducated Ricki Pepin got her information on the Constitution - you are sent a copy of "September 11 Revisited: Were Explosives Used to Bring Down the Buildings?" As you might have figured out, the documentary concludes that explosives were used in the Towers.

fauxcapitalist.com/2012/06/11/purchased-an-in...

THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT RIGANO, PETRONI KOHLS WANT TO TEACH YOUR CHILDREN ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION!!!
Uno Voter

Akron, OH

#27592 Sep 27, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Every cloud has a silver lining, and in this case a gold one.
We dodged a major bullet, however inadvertently, when Mr. Malone scheduled his hissy fit. It was not until later did we learn of Mr. Malone's burying the results and recommendations that he ignored from the High School's That Work audits. These audits were conducted by the Warren County Education Service Center and were done by Mr. Malone's peers, no one on the board of education then or now were involved in any way.
Page 10
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxs0_xA64y_HS...
Why would we want as curriculum director someone who knowingly let down the community, the students, and the families of Springboro by dumbing down the rigor of the high schools curriculum?
This was done in the face of NO KNOWN data or research that pointed towards this being a wise choice.
Not my words but those of Mr. Malone's professional peers assessing his work as leader of the high school and the district.
It is interesting that one of Mr. Malone's professional peers,
Jane Gregg, was also one of the union school board candidates in the November 2011 election running to gain control of the BOE.

It is interesting that it was SEA president, Scott Maney, that informed the DDN that his staff was not happy with Mr. Malone's promotion to district office. Could that have been because Mr. Malone practiced "quantity of courses" for the union teachers employment security, instead of focusing on best educational courses for the students? It is even more interesting that after Mr. Lolli left the school district that Mr. Malone did apply for the same higher position of employment that he had refused in March 2012. There seems to be an instability in Mr. Malone's leadership, or perhaps too much personal ego, that prevents him from thinking of our students first best interest.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#27593 Sep 27, 2013
motorvoter wrote:
THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT RIGANO, PETRONI KOHLS WANT TO TEACH YOUR CHILDREN ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION!!!
Once again you are sadly mistaken, these classes were offered voluntarily for ADULTS who wished to participate. Why do you feel the need to deny others the opportunity to something they as ADULTS have the right to chose,in spite of whether or not you believe in its premise.

On the other hand you are totally behind Mr. Malone's dumbing down the curriculum provided at the high school. The children, as opposed to the adults taking a Constitution class, have no choice in regards to participation here.

So as I read your train of logic you wish to deny everyone who has different ideas than you, no ability to exercise their free will because it offends you.

For our children you wish to deny them a quality education because it is more convenient for the staff?

Help me here, why would Mr. Malone'w dumbing down of the curriculum be good for our children?

Page 10
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxs0_xA64y_HS ...

Paragraph 2

Written by Mr. Malone's professional peers in education.
motorvoter

Mason, OH

#27594 Sep 28, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you are sadly mistaken, these classes were offered voluntarily for ADULTS who wished to participate. Why do you feel the need to deny others the opportunity to something they as ADULTS have the right to chose,in spite of whether or not you believe in its premise.
I'm not sure if you're smart enough to remember events past a few months, but initially the board wanted the Institute on the Constitution to teach courses on school property to Springboro students. That's how this all got started, you silly goose.

I do agree - that as an ADULT, you have the right to attend whatever meeting you want. If you want to attend a meeting of a group that denies the Holocaust, a 911 truth meeting, whatever.

I have no problem with the Springboro Tea Party members being 911 denial whack jobs. That's just what they are. www.youtube.com/watch...
Uno Voter

Akron, OH

#27595 Sep 28, 2013
motorvoter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure if you're smart enough to remember events past a few months, but initially the board wanted the Institute on the Constitution to teach courses on school property to Springboro students. That's how this all got started, you silly goose.
I do agree - that as an ADULT, you have the right to attend whatever meeting you want. If you want to attend a meeting of a group that denies the Holocaust, a 911 truth meeting, whatever.
I have no problem with the Springboro Tea Party members being 911 denial whack jobs. That's just what they are. www.youtube.com/watch...
I am 100% sure that I am SMART enough to remember events past a few years ago (when the union boys controlled the BOE elected officials) and I am 100% sure that I am educated enough to recognize that the real 100% "whack jobs" in this community are the 100% union first school board candidates Ron Malone/David Stuckey/Charles Anderson. I am 100% sure that 100% of Smart Voters will just say NO to Malone's status quo at the polls on November 5, 2013. I have no problem with the union first school board candidates Malone/Stuckey/Anderson being 100% whack jobs;
that's just what they are.
They offer a service to our community by presenting the "other side" that smart voters will be 100% sure of voting against at the November polls. The more you know...
Words of Wisdom

Akron, OH

#27596 Sep 28, 2013
A good teacher is someone who irects and instructs,
but never emands that a student learn.
A good teacher challenges your mind and provides you with opportunities to gain knowledge at your own speed.
A good teacher encourages you to ask questions,
even if your ideas are not completely correct.
A good teacher teaches from the heart with an inner sense of desire for others to also enjoy the mysteries of the universe.
For a good teacher is not necessarily a leader to be followed,
but a guide who suggests and leaves you to carry on down your own road.
-Laura Medley

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ohio attorney general appoints special prosecut... 20 min Straw Grasping Te... 27
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr xxxrayted 30,475
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Samuel-6g-Jackson 18,855
This is why I am an Ann Fan! 8 hr Ann Fan 1
Found dog! (Dec '13) Wed Hero Officer Wilson 7
Andy's Dean's "America Now" cancelled! Wed Gun Nut 38
Be respectful Aug 26 Mike Brown High C... 2
•••
•••
Xenia Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Xenia Jobs

•••