Our recommendation: Springboro voters...

Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

There are 32019 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#27406 Sep 15, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
What's to be gained by silencing Zinn's viewpoint? You actually are now contradicting yourself in your own posts.
Plus you still have no names of who TO vote for.
As far as what you called a "phony canard" ask the people in Dover about how "phony" that canard is.
You complain everyone else is too right wing, or incorrect for inclusion into your small coterie of accepted sources. You dear friend is the one denying the existence of the alternative viewpoint.

My opinion of Mr. Zinn's book is the same as always, it is an implicitly simplistic load of horse dung. There are vastly better books available that provide more in depth and culturally relevant material than the puerile versions Mr. Zinn presents for pop culture consumption.

I am entirely for an honest debate of the history of this nation, good, bad, or indifferent. I merely ask that the source material being utilized for discussion be worthy of our efforts.

But once again what does Mr. Malone think of this if anything since it seems to consume your mind greatly?

Ask the well read Mr. Stuckey which chapters he particularly enjoyed and why?

Somehow the left never asks those they thrust into the vanguard to respond to such nonsense.

Where is Mr. Malone, Mr Stuckey, and Mr Anderson on this topic?

For real education or phony, fun, MTV depth education?
Lerxst

Cleveland, OH

#27407 Sep 15, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Vote for the current board? Do you know that 2 of the 3 who are up are not running? How can you vote for people who are not running?
Dear Lord...I see my point went right over your head.
Question Everything

Akron, OH

#27408 Sep 15, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Vote for the current board? Do you know that 2 of the 3 who are up are not running? How can you vote for people who are not running?
Inquiring minds would ask Ron Malone, David Stuckey, and Charles Anderson "why are you running a school board campaign challenging our current school board president, who is not even running for re-election? How can school board candidate, Ron Malone, who is for sure insanely popular with the SEA/union activists, run a threesome campaign to "restore Sanity to the Board of Education"
solely on his name recognition of insane popularity? Where's the professional leadership in that direction AWAY from sustainability of our children's first budget that is PROVEN sucessful?

How silly, for SURE, are you to think the Right to Vote is a Requirement to Vote for the WRONG candidates! It's just not RIGHT for our schools and community to vote for Ron Malone, David Stuckey, and Charles Anderson.... NO matter how popular doing the wrong thing may be with the Springboro Education Association.
For real

Springfield, OH

#27409 Sep 15, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
NO SLAVERY IN THEIR BACKGROUND?? You've got to be joking. My great-great grandfather owned slaves. Most people (if you go back far enough) have slavery in their past one side or the other.
And for you to say the American Education System has nothing on the KKK? Please let us know which house they burned a cross in the lawn on?
It's no wonder both sides can't have a civil discussion with such PARTISAN speech going on here. The whole 10 people who frequent this site.
To say the in this history of the United States we have never done ANYTHING wrong is close-minded and innacurate. How many people realize that our founding fathers did NOT give women the right to vote?
Wow, If I were you I would feel bad about myself and pay homage to those that I wronged. My family freed slaves and got imprisoned for it, you owe me and any slaves so, do you own a home? I will double your taxes now so we can develop a park for us and anyone of color gets your retirement accounts. There, it is fixed now, happy? I think this is called transference, where you have done things wrong so now you want everyone to be blamed and pay for reparations.

Your comments are just like a liberal where you make up stuff as you go. BTW are you the author of Fact site you post about?. I think I'll develop my own Fact web site now. Thanks for the idea.
Believing

Akron, OH

#27410 Sep 15, 2013
I am a risk taker. I will let myself believe.

Excellence is not an act, but a habit.
- Aristotle

Expect More, Achieve More!
Excellence is not a banner on the wall or a quick headline in the news. It is what we do every day. Our core business is excellence in teaching, learning and leading. We strive to be a little better today than we were yesterday. That excellence is not an act. It is a habit, and it's a goal that we embrace every day throughtout our district.- Springboro Schools

(This message is approved by Springboro Families and Taxpaying Homeowners who fully support the direction in which our current school board representatives are leading our children's 21st Century quality classroom education.)
Do your homework

Tipp City, OH

#27411 Sep 15, 2013
For real wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, If I were you I would feel bad about myself and pay homage to those that I wronged. My family freed slaves and got imprisoned for it, you owe me and any slaves so, do you own a home? I will double your taxes now so we can develop a park for us and anyone of color gets your retirement accounts. There, it is fixed now, happy? I think this is called transference, where you have done things wrong so now you want everyone to be blamed and pay for reparations.
Your comments are just like a liberal where you make up stuff as you go. BTW are you the author of Fact site you post about?. I think I'll develop my own Fact web site now. Thanks for the idea.
Never heard of Factcheck.org ? Guess you wouldn't have if FACTS are not important to you. Research must not be your strong suit. It was started in 2003.
Do your homework

Tipp City, OH

#27412 Sep 15, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
You complain everyone else is too right wing, or incorrect for inclusion into your small coterie of accepted sources. You dear friend is the one denying the existence of the alternative viewpoint.
My opinion of Mr. Zinn's book is the same as always, it is an implicitly simplistic load of horse dung. There are vastly better books available that provide more in depth and culturally relevant material than the puerile versions Mr. Zinn presents for pop culture consumption.
I am entirely for an honest debate of the history of this nation, good, bad, or indifferent. I merely ask that the source material being utilized for discussion be worthy of our efforts.
But once again what does Mr. Malone think of this if anything since it seems to consume your mind greatly?
Ask the well read Mr. Stuckey which chapters he particularly enjoyed and why?
Somehow the left never asks those they thrust into the vanguard to respond to such nonsense.
Where is Mr. Malone, Mr Stuckey, and Mr Anderson on this topic?
For real education or phony, fun, MTV depth education?
How many times have you questioned Rigano, Petroni or Khols? Did they answer?

Once again, no alternate candidate names. Remember this when you're wondering why MSA wins in November.
truth to power

Cleveland, OH

#27413 Sep 15, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>

Once again, no alternate candidate names. Remember this when you're wondering why MSA wins in November.
Obviously "Do your homework" has failed miserably at doing his OWN homework.
Brain Drain

Akron, OH

#27414 Sep 15, 2013
truth to power wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously "Do your homework" has failed miserably at doing his OWN homework.
Probably blinded by overdose of Dr. Ron Malone's tunnel vision prescriptions of high school program studies, overstuffed with sugary fun (but educationally lacking) in substance for the future.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#27415 Sep 15, 2013
Bears win ! Bears Win !
Do your homework

Tipp City, OH

#27416 Sep 15, 2013
truth to power wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously "Do your homework" has failed miserably at doing his OWN homework.
Just seeing if anyone here has been doing THEIR homework. By the lack of names it's pretty obvious. Keep on mentioning MSA without speaking alternative candidates and you'll see who wins (by name recongition alone) in November. You are all handing them victory.
No Turning Back

Akron, OH

#27417 Sep 15, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Just seeing if anyone here has been doing THEIR homework. By the lack of names it's pretty obvious. Keep on mentioning MSA without speaking alternative candidates and you'll see who wins (by name recongition alone) in November. You are all handing them victory.
Why should we settle for the bottom line leadership of Ron Malone, David Stuckey, and Charles Anderson?

Mr. Malone openly concedes that times have changed in education since he came to Springboro in 2000, and Mr. Malone openly admits that his past 40 years of educational expertise isn't a good fit for our 21st century educational needs.

Let's face it... Boro Fans Are Fickle... and the sound of Applause Applause for our retiring high school principal in the board room has long ago faded away, amongst the exciting new sounds of New Beginnings!

The bar is raised... in the direction of leadership for our future.

"There is always room at the top."
(Daniel Webster)
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#27418 Sep 15, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times have you questioned Rigano, Petroni or Khols? Did they answer?
Once again, no alternate candidate names. Remember this when you're wondering why MSA wins in November.
None of which are running.

Is their a reason Mr. Malone, Mr. Stuckey, or Mr Anderson do not wish to engage with this question that seems to burn at your soul?

Let us all enjoy the collective wisdom of the once and future princes of the Springboro School District.
Do your homework

Tipp City, OH

#27419 Sep 15, 2013
No Turning Back wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should we settle for the bottom line leadership of Ron Malone, David Stuckey, and Charles Anderson?
Mr. Malone openly concedes that times have changed in education since he came to Springboro in 2000, and Mr. Malone openly admits that his past 40 years of educational expertise isn't a good fit for our 21st century educational needs.
Let's face it... Boro Fans Are Fickle... and the sound of Applause Applause for our retiring high school principal in the board room has long ago faded away, amongst the exciting new sounds of New Beginnings!
The bar is raised... in the direction of leadership for our future.
"There is always room at the top."
(Daniel Webster)
Still no names to vote for.
Do your homework

Tipp City, OH

#27420 Sep 15, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
None of which are running.
Is their a reason Mr. Malone, Mr. Stuckey, or Mr Anderson do not wish to engage with this question that seems to burn at your soul?
Let us all enjoy the collective wisdom of the once and future princes of the Springboro School District.
You didn't question them when they ran? Selective, aren't we.

Still no names to vote for.

Here's an idea MSA supporters will vote for MSA and you all can vote for who you've named...NOBODY. Guess even you could know the outcome of that.
All Grown Up

Akron, OH

#27421 Sep 15, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no names to vote for.
Ron Malone, David Stuckey, Charles Anderson...
three names to vote for;
but, still NO principles worth voting for?

Some of us who are all grown up now and old enough to vote are
more interested in the principles that we will be voting for in November; rather than the former high school principal's vote for revenge.
Do your homework

Tipp City, OH

#27422 Sep 15, 2013
All Grown Up wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Malone, David Stuckey, Charles Anderson...
three names to vote for;
but, still NO principles worth voting for?
Some of us who are all grown up now and old enough to vote are
more interested in the principles that we will be voting for in November; rather than the former high school principal's vote for revenge.
And yet you "grown ups" can't name the candidates you DO support.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#27423 Sep 15, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't question them when they ran? Selective, aren't we.
Still no names to vote for.
Here's an idea MSA supporters will vote for MSA and you all can vote for who you've named...NOBODY. Guess even you could know the outcome of that.
Quite on the contrary, I tend to question everyone, just ask them.

Are you telling the reading public that Mr Malone, Mr Stuckey, and Mr Anderson stand for effectively, nothing?

It does not surprise me, but it still begs the question, " why would they want the job?"
All Grown Up

Akron, OH

#27424 Sep 16, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you "grown ups" can't name the candidates you DO support.
Ron Malone, David Stuckey, Charles Anderson...
three names to vote for;
but, still NO principles worth voting for?

Some of us who are all grown up now and old enough to vote are
more interested in the principles that we will be voting for in November; rather than the former high school principal's vote for revenge.
Heart Burn

Atlanta, GA

#27425 Sep 16, 2013
If I remember correctly, and I think I do, back when Rigano and Petroni were running their successful, fact filled campaign there was one huge issue from the nattering naybobs of negatvity that they constantly said prevented them from even considering casting a ballot for the Children First platform. They,(Babb, Carlisle, Hall, Vasilakus, Schrof, Christian, Manney, Bowman, Jobe, Valimagna, Ellis, Gregg, and plenty of others spoke of it publically and on these very pages. It was a constant theme of why not to vote for Petroni and Rigano, adn a reason to vote for their preferred candidates.

Anyone remember what it was?

Anyone want to point out the blatant hypocrisy coming from these very same people to support MSA?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Matt Morrow? (Oct '15) 5 hr Lil ice 199
Looking for Prentice Richardson (Aka Buddy) (Apr '12) 23 hr Rickhammond 28
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Mon Anybody Anywhere 21,174
child murders 1980 (Jul '08) Mon StillHaughtsme 18
News 2 men accused of raping woman in Dayton (Aug '12) Mon Zoom 8
any opinons on new municipal judge (Feb '10) Sep 16 humanist 3
shannon Sep 15 shecrazygrossho 1

Xenia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Xenia Mortgages