Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments
26,881 - 26,900 of 31,135 Comments Last updated Sunday
Speak up Boro

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27373
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

One thing that is sticking to Springboro is that we have our own Housewives of Springboro.
Our Housewives are Babb, Bendaman, Christian and Robinson. Maybe ABC will pick them up for a series, I am sure entertained by them. They are all working for the Malone, Stucky, Anderson ticket. Guess that tells me a lot already.
Speak up Boro

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27374
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Twp resident wrote:
Schweikart's presentation last evening was very professional. No "hate speech" there whatsoever. Quite obviously, the B woman and Miller made fools out of themselves. Maybe next time, they'll hold their respective reviews until AFTER the presentation.
It was interesting to see a number of quizzical and outright shocked expessions on the faces of certain liberal audience members when Schweikart correctly utilized historical inflation comparisons to put "Reagan's debt" into an accurate perspective. America's overall debt was exponentially higher in the years immediately after WWII. This is not political slant. This is fact.
It is an absolute pity that Springboro's curriculum is so politically jaded that students are restricted in their potential growth in that they do not have access to accurate/unbiased historical information.
I don't hear what Miller even says. I hear badeeanumbasisdofmenskldk from Miller on the TV when I watch the meetings. Does he actually even say something intelligent?
good info

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27375
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

history lesson 4 liberals wrote:
When Franklin D. Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program. He promised:
1.) That participation in the Program would be
Completely voluntary...It is no longer voluntary.
2.) That the participants would only have to pay
1% of the first $1,400 of their annual incomes into the Program ...Now 7.65% on the first $90,000
3.) That money participants elected to put
into the Program would be deductible from
their income for tax purposes each year...No longer tax deductible
4.) That money participants put into the Program would go to an independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the General Operating Fund. Therefore FDR had intended for this money to be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program and no other Government program....Under L.B. Johnson, the money was moved to the General Fund
5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income...Since Clinton/Gore, up to 85% of your Social Security can be Taxed
__________
Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a Social Security check every month -- and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to 'put away'-- you may be interested in the following:
----------
Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the
general fund so that Congress could spend it?
A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically
controlled House and Senate.
----------
Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax
deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?
A: The Democratic Party.
----------
Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social
Security annuities?
A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the
'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the
Senate, while he was Vice President of the US
----------
Q: Which Political Party decided to start
giving annuity payments to immigrants?
A: Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party.
Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65,
began to receive Social Security payments! The
Democratic Party gave these payments to them,
even though they never paid a dime into it!
----------
Then, after violating the original contract (FICA),
the Democrats turn around and tell you that it's the Republicans who want to take your Social Security away! What's the worst part about it? Uninformed citizens believe it!
If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of
awareness will be planted and changes will
evolve. Maybe not, because some Democrats are awfully sure of what isn't so.
This is all worth repeating. Can you reference this so we can share it?
good info

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27376
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Last night I was at Octoberfest and heard the SMA campaign group say they wanted to bring back sanity to Springboro Schools. Does anyone know what that means? How do you define SANITY
1. Taking money from the Federal govt. for a HSTW program but instead of raising your academic bar as was required for the program, you lower your students success in the High School by keeping students out of accelerated programs, i.e. PSEO, AP, Dual credit and keeping a lower track of academics while every other schools did away with this track. See both the 2010 HSTW audit and the ESC audit from 2012. The 2012 Audit reports that from 2010-2012 Springboro went backwards in progress in accelerating student achievement. Our district was losing ground in this county as Lebanon and Waynesville passed us up.
2. High School remedial rates rose from 2008-2010 to where one in four of our students needed remedial math or English to get into college.(In Springboro where 40% are supposedly "Gited".)
3. Working hard to pass 5 unnecessary levies while reducing jobs and goods and services for Springboro children. All while smiling real big for the camera. Yes you did remember some names of your students.(how do you smile at a student while holding a weapon to their parents? demanding money?)
4. Letting teachers tell students to "read their books" "shut up", while they read the newspaper and talk on their phones.
5. Let employees fall asleep during meetings and evaluations, with only students to wake them.
I just really need to know, Is this Sanity?
Now, here is a debate worth doing.
Tell It Like It Is

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27377
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
factcheck.org , you're questioning factcheck.org for disproving a conservative letter that has been written and re-written and still is baseless in fact.
I guess the only facts are those that you find or choose to believe. Why don't you take factcheck.org to task on their accuracy. And you call me prejudice? Wow...
You Betcha!- You Are Prejudiced!

Your posts reject all ideas that are outside your old outdated 1983 Collective Bargaining Laws, that give our SEA teachers the right to emotionally blackmail taxpayers for increased union employees' increases in pay and compensation/benefits packages;
while holding our parents hostage over things like walking out on our kid's classroom education, threatening brain drain and great loss of property value, IF Springboro families and taxpaying homeowners do not pay the "ransom" and save our little children! The SEA tries using our students like little "pawns" moving them from one interest to another in course studies in the SEA's efforts to create more job opportunities for union teachers.
Our former high school principal was the Master of Manipulation of the high school program of studies, serving the SEA's first interest of creating jobs for union teachers, instead of using our school tax dollars to create opportunities for our students first interest of individual highest academic potential.
Now we have school board candidates Ron MaloneDavid StuckeyCharles Anderson joined as a collective voice to gain control of our successful Children's First Budget, so that our school tax dollars can be handed over to put the re-emphasis on union employees interest first, of increased benefits to the union employees, leaving our kids left behind with our former high school principal's PAST experience as a professional educator.
Where's the responsible education in Ron Malone's agenda of business as usual for our 21st Century classroom educational needs?
Homework

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27378
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Do Your Homework please do your homework. I know it is hard to believe but the whole Howard Zinn book is required reading for AP History, not two chapters. All 700 pages of American shame is required, 4 chapters this summer and the rest during the semester. A shameful, inaccurate book that leaves out most of American History if it is positive. These poor kids are left to think they should be embarrassed about their heritage. These kids who did not enslave anyone, these kids parents did not enslave anyone in fact, I would bet that 100% of these kids have no slavery in their background but, more likely have persecution in their heritage but are left to feel guilty for slavery because their skin is white. Just because their skin is white they are being blamed for atrocities. This is like saying that if your heritage is German you are directly responsible for the holocaust.
If your skin is black you are responsible for the atrocities of the past in Africa.

Just because these kids skin is white they are made to feel that they owe everyone. Where is the fairness here? It is time to say stop torching my kids because of the color of their skin. I'll tell you the KKK has nothing on the American public education system.

Discrimination is bad we should not do it. Stop the white shame campaign, stop hurting our kids help them understand that History has some heroic and some bad things that happened and some we do not want to repeat but, history is not to be blamed or credited to them. These kids need to set their own History using what happened in the past to help guide them. Stop blaming these poor kids-what is your purpose?

American public education is perpetrating crimes on our kids-hate crimes. These kids are being bullied and the parents don't even know it. You kids are being told that they are bad, should be ashamed, should feel sorry for everyone but themselves, they owe everyone for the bad of the past and should take no credit for the good of their fore fathers and that faith has nothing to do with day to day life.
.
Homework

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27379
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Vote wisely this November-do you want past practices to continue? Past practices where children are seen as little soldiers for the "people". To recruit soldiers you must convince them that they are not to follow their leaders (church and parents) they are to reject these authorities and join the new "peoples" troops. Have you ever heard of the "Peoples" anything?
Peoples Republic of China, etc...

I suggest everyone that wants to protect their kids from the bullies pull your kids out of this system and find a system that does not bully them and actually requires they spend their time in productive work and especially in true American History, to learn the United States Constitution from reputable sources not found in Springboro Schools.
Tell It Like It Is

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27380
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Speak up Boro wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hear what Miller even says. I hear badeeanumbasisdofmenskldk from Miller on the TV when I watch the meetings. Does he actually even say something intelligent?
Some people get so entrenched in the old philosophy of status quo business as usual that it’s tough to get them to think whether or not something is going to help the kids.

Actually, Mr. Miller is the last of the good old BOE boys holding on to the diminishing hope and prayer to re-instate the failed practices of our former high school principal, Ron Malone, as good old school board bully in chief. That's Not Going To Happen in November 2013. Regardless of which way in the wrong way the November school board elections turn out, Springboro citizens have been thoroughly grounded in the education of our Ohio School Board Leadership Council; and our citizens will not allow our elected officials on the school board to return to the status quo Ohio School Boards Association agenda of "creating a fake budget crisis and then promoting a continuous stream of new levies to pay increased wages and benefits to union employees.
Mr. Miller contributres nothing constructive nor productive in our school board meetings, he just mumbles agreement with whatever opposition is bullying our school board president.

However, we can find something good to say about Mr. Miller He is leaving the board room at the end of this year. Special Thanks are due Mr. Miller, Mrs. Kull, Mr. Petroni, Mr. Rigano, and Mrs. Kohls for their amazing achievements of doing what's right for our school community and our community of taxpaying homeowners.
Why not Celebrate Our Success of this unprecedented financial position of Renewal Levy with Slight Reduction to All Springboro Families AND Increased Pay for All our School Employees!
And at the August 29th school board meeting, didn't our school superintendent (our highest paid school employee ever in Springboro) bring a recommendation to our Board of Education to approve increased pay for our his administrative staff?

Why in the world would school board candidates Ron Malone, David Stuckey, and Charles Anderson question the direction in which our current Board of Education representatives are leading our school district?
Tell It Like It Is

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27381
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

See Ron Run wrote:
As you may know, Neighbors for Springboro Status Quo's mission is to help our SEA achieve stronger funding, in particular through advocating for the passage of school levies. We would not be doing our job of keeping our children first left behind, if we failed to question the reform-minded board's recent reduction of the the renewal levy.
Deeply embedded in the tunnel vision of the boro small-minded box, we wonder why the board would give both the SEA and the Taxpayers a fair deal, making it a win-win issue for all. Why would the board give us a fair deal, when we believe the SEA could have taken the full 9.2 million for SEA pay increases, and the wealthy taxpaying homeowners would not have minded at all! Who among us wealthy ones does not want to sacrifice our own family's future to make sure we are investing enough money to bribe our union teachers to stay in their classrooms? As Neighbors for Springboro Status Quo, our mission demands that an Emergency levy will be needed down the road, and the bottom line is that Malone/Stuckey/Anderson are RUNNING to gain control of this fiscal responsible BOE majority; and return the Renewal levy money to its rightful owners, re-emphasing the inflated VALUE of the SEA educator, employed in Springboro schools. Run Ron Run!
Who among us Springbororians united for responsible education would vote for re-instating the irresponsible leadership and failed educational practices of our former high school principal, Dr. Malone? Isn't Dr. Malone prescribing an un-healthy financial
choice for our quality classroom education by campaigning to put the re-emphasis on the financial gains of the union first? cription for failueRon Malonelof re-instating Uni voters would even consider
First Things First

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27382
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Homework wrote:
Do Your Homework please do your homework. I know it is hard to believe but the whole Howard Zinn book is required reading for AP History, not two chapters. All 700 pages of American shame is required, 4 chapters this summer and the rest during the semester. A shameful, inaccurate book that leaves out most of American History if it is positive. These poor kids are left to think they should be embarrassed about their heritage. These kids who did not enslave anyone, these kids parents did not enslave anyone in fact, I would bet that 100% of these kids have no slavery in their background but, more likely have persecution in their heritage but are left to feel guilty for slavery because their skin is white. Just because their skin is white they are being blamed for atrocities. This is like saying that if your heritage is German you are directly responsible for the holocaust.
If your skin is black you are responsible for the atrocities of the past in Africa.
Just because these kids skin is white they are made to feel that they owe everyone. Where is the fairness here? It is time to say stop torching my kids because of the color of their skin. I'll tell you the KKK has nothing on the American public education system.
Discrimination is bad we should not do it. Stop the white shame campaign, stop hurting our kids help them understand that History has some heroic and some bad things that happened and some we do not want to repeat but, history is not to be blamed or credited to them. These kids need to set their own History using what happened in the past to help guide them. Stop blaming these poor kids-what is your purpose?
American public education is perpetrating crimes on our kids-hate crimes. These kids are being bullied and the parents don't even know it. You kids are being told that they are bad, should be ashamed, should feel sorry for everyone but themselves, they owe everyone for the bad of the past and should take no credit for the good of their fore fathers and that faith has nothing to do with day to day life.
.
FIRST THINGS FIRST -- Stay Alert Parents!

Check the Pride Survey on the school website and Take Action to protect Your Child from being bullied into this "shame on you and your parents" Intrusive Interrogation by Big Brother government schooling attempts to protect your child from being "bullied!"
Call your child's school and tell the school that your child will not be participating in the Pride Survey. It's a Matter of Individual "Principle."
Please take time to read the entire posting of all information about this Pride Survey and you will learn that the purpose of this Pride Survey is to spread awareness throughout our community and indoctrinate our minds with the Big Brother lies that we are our brothers' keepers, financially, as co-dependents of their individual addictions to drugs, alcohol, gambling, etc. and that we ALL must collectively share in the big government entitlements that financially support ALL our Brothers' bad decisions and poor choices of self-destructive choices.
Waste Watchers

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27384
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

3

boroson54 wrote:
news reporting is a typye of spin doctoring a good example is larry budds reporting up to 5 years ago he spun the good for the BOE on the need money get levy thought process in the past 4 years that thory has been shown to lack grounds and he has attacked this BOEs methods press can spun to fit the view you must look all views
A good example of the Union's political persecution, and war of words against our reform-minded school board president,attacking character and distorting the real agenda of our reform
minded school board representatives, is the DDN reporting of
stolen identity, as posted on this Topix blog.

A very bad example of very poor "citizenship" is the illegal action that our Clearcreek Township Assistant Fire Chief took on this blog against our BOE elected official, Kelly Kohls, in his obvious attempts to distort her good leadership, which is based
on responsible spending of our tax dollars.

Did you know about this DDN news story?
How shocking it was to learn this truth exposing the real character (or lack of) in one of our very own employees of our Clearcreek Township Fire Department. According to the DDN, it appears that the assistant fire chief is on PAID administrative leave pending further deatails....

Did you know that the CCFD Chief Kidd was told by the township auditor at the last meeting requesting a fire levy on the ballot next year, that the Fire Chief should "Spend down the surplus that is now available" BEFORE coming back to ask Taxpayers for New Money? Is there any faster way to waste Taxpayers money than
PAYING union employees NOT to come to work?
Clearcreek Township shame

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27385
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Waste Watchers wrote:
<quoted text>
A good example of the Union's political persecution, and war of words against our reform-minded school board president,attacking character and distorting the real agenda of our reform
minded school board representatives, is the DDN reporting of
stolen identity, as posted on this Topix blog.
A very bad example of very poor "citizenship" is the illegal action that our Clearcreek Township Assistant Fire Chief took on this blog against our BOE elected official, Kelly Kohls, in his obvious attempts to distort her good leadership, which is based
on responsible spending of our tax dollars.
Did you know about this DDN news story?
How shocking it was to learn this truth exposing the real character (or lack of) in one of our very own employees of our Clearcreek Township Fire Department. According to the DDN, it appears that the assistant fire chief is on PAID administrative leave pending further deatails....
Did you know that the CCFD Chief Kidd was told by the township auditor at the last meeting requesting a fire levy on the ballot next year, that the Fire Chief should "Spend down the surplus that is now available" BEFORE coming back to ask Taxpayers for New Money? Is there any faster way to waste Taxpayers money than
PAYING union employees NOT to come to work?
Now this is a story DDN should write.

Where is the leadership in Clearcreek Township? Is there any?
This is exactly what Kelly Kohls has dealt with for 4 years. The brutality she endured all over by people like Lisa Babb, Stephanie Bendaman and David Bowman has been the real controversial issue in Springboro. These intense bullies have invited the press to watch as they brutalized her for believing that children of Springboro get a better education and more resources and the bullies should stop hurting the children.
The bullies of Springboro have consistently said the teachers are more important than the students and how dare you stop our indoctrination attempts. All the while Clearcreek Township over collects taxes to a-mask 100% excess monies in their coffers and 200 acres of land they don't need, oh ya, it is for future parks.

Clearcreek Township now says OK OK so we have to spend down our surplus or you will not give us more and more. Lets go shopping!

WOW do we ever need new Township leadership? The bullies need to stop we see them now for what they are-takers.
Letter of apology

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27386
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I sit behind The Housewives of Springboro and I witness the constant whispering, laughing, scoffing, booing, snickering. I also witnessed Stephanie Bindeman talking to Malone and Stuckey after the board meeting in the parking lot likley giving each other high fives and pats on the back, and I heard she spoke at their candidate rally. Is the Malone, Stucky and Anderson school board campaign run by Bendeman? It SURE appears so. IF this is the case, why does she represent herself as THE "representative" of Springboro and the campaign manager of the SMA campaign and speak to embarrass us all in front of an invited University Professor speaker. Her performance was so insulting to the speaker and all of us, performing an act of disrespect before she even knows what he is going to say? Does this represent the SMA candidates? The academy award goes to ________

I was and am not represented by Stephanie but she did totally embarrass all Springboro when she accused this 27 year University prof as possibly going to give a hate speech before he spoke. I will apologize to him personally so should anyone from Springboro and anyone that has anything to do with her. Go Malone, Stucky Anderson campaign, good choice of reps here.

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”- Dietrich Bonheoffer, who lived this & died in Hitler’s death camp 1945

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27387
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

3

Clearcreek Township shame wrote:
<quoted text>
Now this is a story DDN should write.
Where is the leadership in Clearcreek Township? Is there any?
This is exactly what Kelly Kohls has dealt with for 4 years. The brutality she endured all over by people like Lisa Babb, Stephanie Bendaman and David Bowman has been the real controversial issue in Springboro. These intense bullies have invited the press to watch as they brutalized her for believing that children of Springboro get a better education and more resources and the bullies should stop hurting the children.
The bullies of Springboro have consistently said the teachers are more important than the students and how dare you stop our indoctrination attempts. All the while Clearcreek Township over collects taxes to a-mask 100% excess monies in their coffers and 200 acres of land they don't need, oh ya, it is for future parks.
Clearcreek Township now says OK OK so we have to spend down our surplus or you will not give us more and more. Lets go shopping!
WOW do we ever need new Township leadership? The bullies need to stop we see them now for what they are-takers.
that's why it is important to vote and support Cathy Anspach..she is alone fighting the corruption at the township level.
For real

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27388
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

John Parise wrote:
<quoted text>
that's why it is important to vote and support Cathy Anspach..she is alone fighting the corruption at the township level.
Better words have not been written. Cathy is the only choice.

Steve Muterspaw would be better than Wade and Lamb also.
Anyone that wants fairness and transparency will be targeted as seen in lawsuits and stalking and identity theft.

I will be voting for Bitner, Vaugn, Muterspaw and Anspach
Do your homework

Maineville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27389
Sep 14, 2013
 
Tell It Like It Is wrote:
<quoted text>
You Betcha!- You Are Prejudiced!
Your posts reject all ideas that are outside your old outdated 1983 Collective Bargaining Laws, that give our SEA teachers the right to emotionally blackmail taxpayers for increased union employees' increases in pay and compensation/benefits packages;
while holding our parents hostage over things like walking out on our kid's classroom education, threatening brain drain and great loss of property value, IF Springboro families and taxpaying homeowners do not pay the "ransom" and save our little children! The SEA tries using our students like little "pawns" moving them from one interest to another in course studies in the SEA's efforts to create more job opportunities for union teachers.
Our former high school principal was the Master of Manipulation of the high school program of studies, serving the SEA's first interest of creating jobs for union teachers, instead of using our school tax dollars to create opportunities for our students first interest of individual highest academic potential.
Now we have school board candidates Ron MaloneDavid StuckeyCharles Anderson joined as a collective voice to gain control of our successful Children's First Budget, so that our school tax dollars can be handed over to put the re-emphasis on union employees interest first, of increased benefits to the union employees, leaving our kids left behind with our former high school principal's PAST experience as a professional educator.
Where's the responsible education in Ron Malone's agenda of business as usual for our 21st Century classroom educational needs?
Your saying Factcheck.org "reject all ideas that are outside your old outdated 1983 Collective Bargaining Laws"? Yea, right.
To good info

Maineville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27390
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

good info wrote:
<quoted text>
This is all worth repeating. Can you reference this so we can share it?
http://www.factcheck.org/2009/03/fdrs-volunta ...

Tells you all about it.
Do your homework

Maineville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27391
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Homework wrote:
Do Your Homework please do your homework. I know it is hard to believe but the whole Howard Zinn book is required reading for AP History, not two chapters. All 700 pages of American shame is required, 4 chapters this summer and the rest during the semester. A shameful, inaccurate book that leaves out most of American History if it is positive. These poor kids are left to think they should be embarrassed about their heritage. These kids who did not enslave anyone, these kids parents did not enslave anyone in fact, I would bet that 100% of these kids have no slavery in their background but, more likely have persecution in their heritage but are left to feel guilty for slavery because their skin is white. Just because their skin is white they are being blamed for atrocities. This is like saying that if your heritage is German you are directly responsible for the holocaust.
If your skin is black you are responsible for the atrocities of the past in Africa.
Just because these kids skin is white they are made to feel that they owe everyone. Where is the fairness here? It is time to say stop torching my kids because of the color of their skin. I'll tell you the KKK has nothing on the American public education system.
Discrimination is bad we should not do it. Stop the white shame campaign, stop hurting our kids help them understand that History has some heroic and some bad things that happened and some we do not want to repeat but, history is not to be blamed or credited to them. These kids need to set their own History using what happened in the past to help guide them. Stop blaming these poor kids-what is your purpose?
American public education is perpetrating crimes on our kids-hate crimes. These kids are being bullied and the parents don't even know it. You kids are being told that they are bad, should be ashamed, should feel sorry for everyone but themselves, they owe everyone for the bad of the past and should take no credit for the good of their fore fathers and that faith has nothing to do with day to day life.
.
NO SLAVERY IN THEIR BACKGROUND?? You've got to be joking. My great-great grandfather owned slaves. Most people (if you go back far enough) have slavery in their past one side or the other.

And for you to say the American Education System has nothing on the KKK? Please let us know which house they burned a cross in the lawn on?

It's no wonder both sides can't have a civil discussion with such PARTISAN speech going on here. The whole 10 people who frequent this site.

To say the in this history of the United States we have never done ANYTHING wrong is close-minded and innacurate. How many people realize that our founding fathers did NOT give women the right to vote?
Do your homework

Maineville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27392
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Homework wrote:
Do Your Homework please do your homework. I know it is hard to believe but the whole Howard Zinn book is required reading for AP History, not two chapters. All 700 pages of American shame is required, 4 chapters this summer and the rest during the semester. A shameful, inaccurate book that leaves out most of American History if it is positive. These poor kids are left to think they should be embarrassed about their heritage. These kids who did not enslave anyone, these kids parents did not enslave anyone in fact, I would bet that 100% of these kids have no slavery in their background but, more likely have persecution in their heritage but are left to feel guilty for slavery because their skin is white. Just because their skin is white they are being blamed for atrocities. This is like saying that if your heritage is German you are directly responsible for the holocaust.
If your skin is black you are responsible for the atrocities of the past in Africa.
Just because these kids skin is white they are made to feel that they owe everyone. Where is the fairness here? It is time to say stop torching my kids because of the color of their skin. I'll tell you the KKK has nothing on the American public education system.
Discrimination is bad we should not do it. Stop the white shame campaign, stop hurting our kids help them understand that History has some heroic and some bad things that happened and some we do not want to repeat but, history is not to be blamed or credited to them. These kids need to set their own History using what happened in the past to help guide them. Stop blaming these poor kids-what is your purpose?
American public education is perpetrating crimes on our kids-hate crimes. These kids are being bullied and the parents don't even know it. You kids are being told that they are bad, should be ashamed, should feel sorry for everyone but themselves, they owe everyone for the bad of the past and should take no credit for the good of their fore fathers and that faith has nothing to do with day to day life.
.
"Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it," - George Santayana
Do your homework

Maineville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27393
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Speak up Boro wrote:
One thing that is sticking to Springboro is that we have our own Housewives of Springboro.
Our Housewives are Babb, Bendaman, Christian and Robinson. Maybe ABC will pick them up for a series, I am sure entertained by them. They are all working for the Malone, Stucky, Anderson ticket. Guess that tells me a lot already.
Real Housewives is on BRAVO, not ABC

You people really check your facts don't you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Xenia Discussions

Search the Xenia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 15 min Old Guy 29,361
Andy's Dean's "America Now" cancelled! 1 hr The Hack Checker 4
"I was not asked or consulted about this" 1 hr The Hack Checker 3
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr hsktommox 18,585
Mayora s immigration statement stirs up controv... 10 hr Fan of Leon The Man 1
Please Help!! 17 hr Crusader 1
would love to meet a cougar Sun Fan of Leon The Man 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Xenia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Xenia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Xenia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Xenia
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••